hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 501 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,030 of 44390
    First Team Breakthrough CabbageBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The entire approach to this hinges on the nonsense lie: "what's good for Rangers (or Celtic) is good for the game in Scotland." Therefore, those club(s) are to given special treatment at any cost; even in the face of being caught cheating and swindling, the objective is restore 'normal' business as soon as possible. The reality is that those clubs and their sectarian-led duopoly has been slowly strangling the game for years, a decline the Huns have exacerbated by applying the tourniquet of theft and deceit to this shabby state of affairs.

People who do not want to take part in this circus of bigotry have been drifting away from Scottish football for years. If they finally want to destroy the game, losing the bulk of the support of every other club, will do more damage to those clubs than the loss of a few thousand Huns in each ground twice a season.

I don't think they believe the majority of Scottish football fans when they say that if they rubber stamp this WWF league, then it's game over and the kids get their EPL/La Liga/Serie A tops and two trips to the continent a year and a SKY package instead of this ***** we're looking for almost any excuse to ditch anyway.

The stupidest thing you can do when you're drinking in the last chance saloon is to start playing Russian roulette, and that is exactly what the balloons who purport to run our game are doing.
    This.

Huns in 3, and I probably will buy a ST, even if I dont get a chance to go along much. Huns in 1, and MOTD will be my only football watching next year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Someone correct me here but D&P not sell assets & players to Sevco 5088? if so why has Sevco Scotland sent a membership application?

Enter this into Google image search:

the big rangers administration thread

Bet you smile. Bet you do. Every last one of you will smile as you waft your cursor over each image. I guarantee it

The entire approach to this hinges on the nonsense lie: "what's good for Rangers (or Celtic) is good for the game in Scotland." Therefore, those club(s) are to given special treatment at any cost; even in the face of being caught cheating and swindling, the objective is restore 'normal' business as soon as possible. The reality is that those clubs and their sectarian-led duopoly has been slowly strangling the game for years, a decline the Huns have exacerbated by applying the tourniquet of theft and deceit to this shabby state of affairs.

People who do not want to take part in this circus of bigotry have been drifting away from Scottish football for years. If they finally want to destroy the game, losing the bulk of the support of every other club, will do more damage to those clubs than the loss of a few thousand Huns in each ground twice a season.

I don't think they believe the majority of Scottish football fans when they say that if they rubber stamp this WWF league, then it's game over and the kids get their EPL/La Liga/Serie A tops and two trips to the continent a year and a SKY package instead of this ***** we're looking for almost any excuse to ditch anyway.

The stupidest thing you can do when you're drinking in the last chance saloon is to start playing Russian roulette, and that is exactly what the balloons who purport to run our game are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    More analysis of the SFL proposal document.......

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/
    I'm sure the boards of the SFL clubs are more than capable of seeing through the outlandish proposal doc for what it is, but this link should be emailed to each and every club - SPL and SFL. It nails it perfectly.

Sorry if already posted but I was playing Monopoly earlier..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ????? PSN ID: Nae ID. Wii Code: 69

Superb analysis and analogy.

And can I just take this opportunity to say **** the Huns.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reservoirhibee
    Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    Can you PM your mailing list? I think I would like to offer my support to the SFL clubs as well.
    me too

also uefa and fifa and sfl.spl.sfa ones if you dont mind

time for me to get my email on!!!!!

cheers

dave
    Last edited by reservoir hibee; 30-06-2012 at 02:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member

I don't think they believe the majority of Scottish football fans when they say that if they rubber stamp this WWF league, then it's game er and the kids get their EPL/La Liga/Serie A tops and two trips to the continent a year and a SKY package instead of this ***** we're looking for almost any excuse to ditch anyway.

Well put, Bob.
    I heard Chris Brookmyre on the radio a few months back, saying that he can't remember a time when there was such a big disconnect between the football authorities / media and the fanbase, since the period that resulted in the creation of fanzines. I - and everyone else I know who follows a non old firm team - struggle to justify the time and money to attend. Everyone, bar those who make their money out of governing or reporting on the game, wants proper change.
    I saw a Tweet yesterday from a journalist who thought it was 'astonishing' that a proportion of Motherwell fans had voted 'no' to Newco in the SPL, even if it meant their team going in to administration. I can understand where they're coming from: the game, as it is, is not worth saving. Or watching.

What I find quite funny about all of this, is that from day 1 of administration to present day, there have been people in power bending over backwards to ensure Sevco 5088 play at the highest level next year. This has been driven by the media & SPL, condoned by the SFA and knocked back by the supporters of all clubs. It has been continually reported that Sevco 5088 through the authorities have concluded deals, whether that was agreement with HMRC over a CVA or being parachuted into division 1 after done deals with the SFA, SPL or SFL, or doomsday scenario for Scottish football is around the corner, but on closer examination they have all fell through, as is what is happening with the latest rescue plan. We are now all conditioned into accepting Sevco 5088 into Scottish football, and arguing about what level, as some sort of saviour for our game, when in reality they shouldn't be within a 100 miles of a public playing park, never mind a professional league. It has been accepted that best case (in most supporters eyes) scenario is 3rd division. What about the other teams, Gala, Spartans, etc who have more right to apply for a vacant position within Scottish football, clubs who have a history, and accounts for the last 3 years. I hope that the SFL chairmen when faced with the dilemma of choosing between a newco and a bonafide football club, are sufficiently pissed off with the SPL chairmen for trying to bully them into accepting a newco, make the right choice, and refuse newco entry. No body likes to be bullied, and the only solution to dealing with bullies is standing up to them and delivering a swift kick to the baws.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    The proposal is ridiculous enough to believe that it's been issued with the intention of it being rejected.
    After a day or two of reflection I'm beginning to like this proposal, not on it's merits though.

Either it is, as it appears a genuine effort to save zombieHuns5088 or whatever - In which case the heads of the governing bodies must roll - so out of touch with the populace as they are. This would be a win for me to be honest

Or it is a deliberate machivellian attempt to kill the Huns stone dead. After putting everybodies back up with this crap, the percentage of clubs willing to vote them back in to any league must have dropped a little bit now, again a win . Though if this were true I cant for the life of me fathom out why it would be done this way, except maybe... afraid to pull the trigger themselves? so the blame for the Huns total demise can be laid at the door of many people/ clubs (in a hun sense that is, we all know they brought this on themselves)

But that all seems rather far fetched maybe?
    Last edited by EuanH78; 30-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Gang of Ten

As Rangers depart the SPL scene I thinks it's time to look at what we want Scottish football to look like from now on.
    1. First things first, we need a change to the voting system to at least a 9-3 majority required. All other reforms will flow from this.
    2. Equal TV money.
    3. Gate sharing. Given that some clubs have large stadiums to maintain I think that the first 17000 fans through the gate should go to the home team and all fans above this number split 50-50 with the away team. (unfortunately for Celtic this system means they would be the only losers)
    3. Any prize money earned through European competition must be shared 50-50 with the league you represent. This means that in future if Celtic get a £10m champs league windfall then the other 11 SPL clubs will receive a bonus as well.
    These are just some changes I can think of just now.
    All of these systems are currently in use elsewhere in Europe and there are no legal obstacles to implementing them.
    They would go a long way towards bringing sporting parity to our league.
    Feel free to add others.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    What I find quite funny about all of this, is that from day 1 of administration to present day, there have been people in power bending over backwards to ensure Sevco 5088 play at the highest level next year. This has been driven by the media & SPL, condoned by the SFA and knocked back by the supporters of all clubs. It has been continually reported that Sevco 5088 through the authorities have concluded deals, whether that was agreement with HMRC over a CVA or being parachuted into division 1 after done deals with the SFA, SPL or SFL, or doomsday scenario for Scottish football is around the corner, but on closer examination they have all fell through, as is what is happening with the latest rescue plan. We are now all conditioned into accepting Sevco 5088 into Scottish football, and arguing about what level, as some sort of saviour for our game, when in reality they shouldn't be within a 100 miles of a public playing park, never mind a professional league. It has been accepted that best case (in most supporters eyes) scenario is 3rd division. What about the other teams, Gala, Spartans, etc who have more right to apply for a vacant position within Scottish football, clubs who have a history, and accounts for the last 3 years. I hope that the SFL chairmen when faced with the dilemma of choosing between a newco and a bonafide football club, are sufficiently pissed off with the SPL chairmen for trying to bully them into accepting a newco, make the right choice, and refuse newco entry. No body likes to be bullied, and the only solution to dealing with bullies is standing up to them and delivering a swift kick to the baws.

GGTTH
    There's no more reason for the Nouveau Huns to be accepted in to Div 3 than in to Div 1 or the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Well put, Bob.
    I heard Chris Brookmyre on the radio a few months back, saying that he can't remember a time when there was such a big disconnect between the football authorities / media and the fanbase, since the period that resulted in the creation of fanzines. I - and everyone else I know who follows a non old firm team - struggle to justify the time and money to attend. Everyone, bar those who make their money out of governing or reporting on the game, wants proper change.
    I saw a Tweet yesterday from a journalist who thought it was 'astonishing' that a proportion of Motherwell fans had voted 'no' to Newco in the SPL, even if it meant their team going in to administration. I can understand where they're coming from: the game, as it is, is not worth saving. Or watching.
    I’m now personally getting to the point where I think it’s possibly already too late for me to maintain any interest in our farce of a national sport. I say this because the game’s supporters shouldn’t need to be engaged in vociferous protest, simply in order that our administrators enforce natural justice, fair play and sporting integrity on a league of association football. But it’s difficult to have any confidence in a body of people, whom, without fan power pushing them, would almost certainly have admitted Rangers straight back into the SPL, without any serious penalties.

I was briefly proud of my own club and Rod Petrie, believing we had done the correct and only possible thing, to the extent that I immediately renewed my season ticket. Now I see that this was merely a snide, patronising concession and I regret ever having invested this confidence.

I’m truly heartbroken that Hibernian, which has been synonymous with the triumph of the underdog and an ethos of class and integrity, as exemplified by its greats such as Smith, Stanton and Sauzee, has been inextricably caught up in this undignified mess that Scottish Football has become. And it’s become this way because it has allowed a member club to become bloated on bigotry and sectarianism, and afforded it an entitled place in our national game out of all proportion to what it should be. As a result the administration of the game has attracted shysters, fellow travellers and their craven apologists. They are unfit to run football and it pains me to say this, but FIFA should kick us out of the world game right now, until we establish that we can run the sport pursuant with the ethos of fair play by pre-agreed rules.

This incident reflects shockingly on us as a country. Some will say that it only proves we cannot be trusted to run our own affairs, others will argue that the culture of dependency has made us shrink back and sit on our hands while the lunatics who have taken over this particular asylum masturbate frantically while it burns down around us. Whatever one’s view of the grubby proceedings, in retrospect it now seems as if we have been on this inevitable collision course for decades. We should not be having this discussion, not heading for this defining moment in Scottish Football, simply on the basis of the corruption of one member club. All that should happen is that the simple rules of the association are enforced. That ship has probably sailed now; it looks as though we are heading for a cataclysmic meltdown of our national game, with probable outside intervention, and that might not eventually be a bad thing, as it may offer the last chance to resurrect something positive from this mess.

I’m very angry right now, as evidently, are many other long-term supporters of Scottish football. I know so many of them who have invested financially, physically and emotionally in their clubs over the years, often at the expense of those other things in life. I know that so many of them now feel cheated and duped, like they have gone along with a scam perpetuated by mealy-mouthed confidence tricksters, who will lie, twist and squirm to maintain a wrecked and suffocating status quo. Right now, the people who run our game have a hell of a lot of work to do in order to convince me and many other soon-to-be ex fans, that there is any point whatsoever in investing in their succulent lamb, sashes-and-flutes-pandering WWF toytown league.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    There's no more reason for the Nouveau Huns to be accepted in to Div 3 than in to Div 1 or the SPL.

Dangerous ground there, refusing them access to Div 3 might open up the way for them to the hallowed ground of English Football.

Not that I would be against that as long as they ground shared with Carlise or somebody south of Gretna.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Dangerous ground there, refusing them access to Div 3 might open up the way for them to the hallowed ground of English Football.

Not that I would be against that as long as they ground shared with Carlise or somebody south of Gretna.
    There is no way that eufa would allow an expansion of the English FA onto Scottish soil.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Good post bob s

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There is no way that eufa would allow an expansion of the English FA onto Scottish soil.

Refusing them access to the Scottish Game would give them the basis of an argument for an exception to be made if they had any " friends " at EUFA.

Fortunately that is not the case.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Not really. Declining their application for Div 3 would open up the way for them to apply to the West of Scotland League, where they could play for 3 years and probably pick up a few trophies (to bring their total trophy haul to a few), while acquiring the necessary accounting paperwork to put in an application to join the SFL. Completely straightforward path, imo, starting at the bottom and working their way up.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’m now personally getting to the point where I think it’s possibly already too late for me to maintain any interest in our farce of a national sport. I say this because the game’s supporters shouldn’t need to be engaged in vociferous protest, simply in order that our administrators enforce natural justice, fair play and sporting integrity on a league of association football. But it’s difficult to have any confidence in a body of people, whom, without fan power pushing them, would almost certainly have admitted Rangers straight back into the SPL, without any serious penalties.

I was briefly proud of my own club and Rod Petrie, believing we had done the correct and only possible thing, to the extent that I immediately renewed my season ticket. Now I see that this was merely a snide, patronising concession and I regret ever having invested this confidence.

I’m truly heartbroken that Hibernian, which has been synonymous with the triumph of the underdog and an ethos of class and integrity, as exemplified by its greats such as Smith, Stanton and Sauzee, has been inextricably caught up in this undignified mess that Scottish Football has become. And it’s become this way because it has allowed a member club to become bloated on bigotry and sectarianism, and afforded it an entitled place in our national game out of all proportion to what it should be. As a result the administration of the game has attracted shysters, fellow travellers and their craven apologists. They are unfit to run football and it pains me to say this, but FIFA should kick us out of the world game right now, until we establish that we can run the sport pursuant with the ethos of fair play by pre-agreed rules.

This incident reflects shockingly on us as a country. Some will say that it only proves we cannot be trusted to run our own affairs, others will argue that the culture of dependency has made us shrink back and sit on our hands while the lunatics who have taken over this particular asylum masturbate frantically while it burns down around us. Whatever one’s view of the grubby proceedings, in retrospect it now seems as if we have been on this inevitable collision course for decades. We should not be having this discussion, not heading for this defining moment in Scottish Football, simply on the basis of the corruption of one member club. All that should happen is that the simple rules of the association are enforced. That ship has probably sailed now; it looks as though we are heading for a cataclysmic meltdown of our national game, with probable outside intervention, and that might not eventually be a bad thing, as it may offer the last chance to resurrect something positive from this mess.

I’m very angry right now, as evidently, are many other long-term supporters of Scottish football. I know so many of them who have invested financially, physically and emotionally in their clubs over the years, often at the expense of those other things in life. I know that so many of them now feel cheated and duped, like they have gone along with a scam perpetuated by mealy-mouthed confidence tricksters, who will lie, twist and squirm to maintain a wrecked and suffocating status quo. Right now, the people who run our game have a hell of a lot of work to do in order to convince me and many other soon-to-be ex fans, that there is any point whatsoever in investing in their succulent lamb, sashes-and-flutes-pandering WWF toytown league.
    My sentiments exactly. The very fact the option of pushing that manky mob into division 1 is being considered means the damage has already been done. Whilst it would appear the chairmen of SFL clubs appear to have the integrity and bottle not to be bullied by the SPL big boys, they shouldn't even be put in that situation. The people that run football in this country should be acting in the best interest of the game at all time, and not just to protect one club who have disgraced themselves and the country in which they plied their trade. Regardless of how the SFL clubs do vote, why should my money continue to support such blatant corruption?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Not really. Declining their application for Div 3 would open up the way for them to apply to the West of Scotland League, where they could play for 3 years and probably pick up a few trophies (to bring their total trophy haul to a few), while acquiring the necessary accounting paperwork to put in an application to join the SFL. Completely straightforward path, imo, starting at the bottom and working their way up.
    I want to know who you are (in an Ally McCoist way) as you must be sitting looking over my shoulder as I type!!

You got one thing wrong though. there are 4 divisions in the West of Scotland League, and they would have to join the Central Division 2 and take their chances with the other 11 clubs.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Well put Bob....

Refusing them access to the Scottish Game would give them the basis of an argument for an exception to be made if they had any " friends " at EUFA.

Fortunately that is not the case.
    They are not being refused access to the Scottish leagues, they do not fulfil the entry requirements. I'm not sure what is required for the English system but as ours are UEFA driven I suspect there's are too and will be at least the same.

The SFA would also have to sanction any match that they played while based in Scotland, so I don't even see a Govan Globetrotters playing anywhere.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They are not being refused access to the Scottish leagues, they do not fulfil the entry requirements. I'm not sure what is required for the English system but as ours are UEFA driven I suspect there's are too and will be at least the same.

The SFA would also have to sanction any match that they played while based in Scotland, so I don't even see a Govan Globetrotters playing anywhere.
    With the current set up in Scotland, they have a lot more chance of getting in to SFL3 than anything down here. They would need to be based in England and most likely apply for step 7 (bottom division of Northern League), which is the equivalent of where FC United of Manchester began, although special dispensation was given to the 'new' Chester club to begin two league higher in the Northern Premier Division One.

Well said Sir Bob of Dashing

well said and we all share your pain. I can never remember a time in my 50 years of following football where so many fans of different clubs were so united in their views. The fact that the people who purport to run our National Sport are secretly, deliberately and systematically working against the views of 95% of the football public is utterly reprehensible. I also applauded Hibs for their initial stance/statement and felt a sense of pride in the club the first time is ages, but now feel contempt for the way they think they can dupe me. If this was any other business than football, a lot of these clubs would be out of business for the way they have dealt with this issue. Like, you, I now think this has gone too far and there will be significant damage done to ALL the clubs in Scotland, well beyond what would have been the case had they just dealt with Sevco/RFC in a right and proper manner. The authorities themselves are in the process of destroying the game, and you have to ask the question ...why ?

Left by mutual consent!

excellent post Bob