hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 492 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,760 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My opinion is that I shall wait until all the above is confirmed before casting judgement. I was going through to buy a season ticket today but shall now wait till next week. Is Petrie something in the SPL or SF A? I can never remember and another reason there should ony be one body. If he is SFA then he has possibly been mandated to say what he did. Loss of face from his integrity position obviously. Anyway, we shall see what transpires. If Scotsman report is true then they are goosed. That in my opinion is what will happen. Until something concrete comes out about that statement I am not believing it.

2nd Vice President of the Scottish FA. Within the Scottish FA he Chairs the Professional Game Board

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I was just wondering could Hibs and Spartans (No offence Spartans) apply to get straight into the Scottish Cup Final next year. There is no precedent for this, in fact its probably at odds with the constitution but it looks like its a time for fundemental change. To be fair I do appreciate that it is different from newhun as both teams have the necessary accounts, run their clubs prudently, are not under investigatioon for fraud, pay their players what they are due, pay any taxes due..........etc. Just think another Edinburgh derby final with two credible teams. That has to be good for the Scottish game.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We need to hear from our leader, we need to hear just what is going on, and if he's in favour of this stitch up?
    Correct. And if there's a conflict of interest between his club and SFA committments then he needs to decide which hat he's going to be wearing and stick to it.

Blog Entries
    Meaningless generic empty reply which by referring to Petrie's 'very senior position' suggests that his role in the stitch-up is true as reported. I think we've been hoodwinked by his now overused and hollow 'sporting integrity' reference. We've been sold down the river and now that we've reached the estuary, and Petrie has nowhere to hide. It's going to be fascinating to hear, from the man himself, why he is implicit in this scandalous compromise.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think that the wording of the statement is significant. In order for newco to get into the first under the proposals, it requires immediate relegation for oldco Rangers (I don't think oldco can be relegated after the vote as they'll have given up their share).
    The statement is very definite about voting no to the newco which then ( imho) implies that the vote will go ahead and the proposal won't.
    I think if they vote no first then newco would have to apply for sfl 3 as there's no mechanism to put a new team in sfl 1.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    That statement doesnt really tell us anything regarding what came out yesterday, and surely just repeats what we have already heard from the club?
    IMO, it does tell us something in respect to what it doesn't say.
    (On the other side, I sincerely hope you're right Matty.)
    Last edited by snooky; 29-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Meaningless generic empty reply which by referring to Petrie's 'very senior position' suggests that his role in the stitch-up is true as reported. I think we've been hoodwinked by his now overused and hollow 'sporting integrity' reference. We've been sold down the river and now that we've reached the estuary, and Petrie has nowhere to hide. It's going to be fascinating to hear, from the man himself, why he is implicit in this scandalous compromise.
    We will have to wait around four months till the next AGM then?

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    surely the future of our own club competing at the highest level should be at the forefront of your priorities instead of worrying about rangers.

couldnt give a toss about what happens with them.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    We will have to wait around four months till the next AGM then?

...at which time he'll blame Nutsy for the Newco situation and bin him.
    Sorted (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Skanko79 View Post
    surely the future of our own club competing at the highest level should be at the forefront of your priorities instead of worrying about rangers.

Riiiiiiiight

Am I being naive or is there nothing explicit in Hibs' statement that we should be panicking about?

right what??

we were absolutely hideous to watch last season, produced a team on the park that had no fight and passion and were, to be totally honest, rank rotten, and all you read on here is rangers this, rangers that???

All im saying is id much rather spend my time getting behind our team and hoping they produce a far better display on the park than last season and staying in the spl than worrying to the extent that i feel the need to email a board member about my concern about where glasgow rangers will be playing their football next season.

does that not make any sense to you like?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think that the wording of the statement is significant. In order for newco to get into the first under the proposals, it requires immediate relegation for oldco Rangers (I don't think oldco can be relegated after the vote as they'll have given up their share).
    The statement is very definite about voting no to the newco which then ( imho) implies that the vote will go ahead and the proposal won't.
    I think if they vote no first then newco would have to apply for sfl 3 as there's no mechanism to put a new team in sfl 1.
    Matty its vital this goes ahead on 4th as agreed..current situation is Rangers FC (IA) still hold share....this application to transfer share needs dealt with (as currently we have a dead club still in SPL) as when it fails (and it had better) the share reverts to SPL to issue to who ever is then invited....

That would leave Rangers FC (IA) effectively dead and with no share

And Sevco 5088 / Scotland (depending on who you believe) holding assets but having no SFA licence and not a league that has agreed to accept them (assuming they have / can apply and by that point can meet the criteria)

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Am I being naive or is there nothing explicit in Hibs' statement that we should be panicking about?
    No I think you are being perfectly reasonable! Let's not get all worked up over nothing......yet again

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    Correct. And if there's a conflict of interest between his club and SFA committments then he needs to decide which hat he's going to be wearing and stick to it.
    Does a chairmanship role not usually have a casting vote? Could come in quite handy for Hibs.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Simple yes or no from Hibs over this matter, have the club or is it involved in this proposal or does it exsist? As you have stated any decision after 4th of July is theirs to make? So surely these reports cannot be accurate.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...rangers-plans/

Will send that off
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 29-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    right what??

we were absolutely hideous to watch last season, produced a team on the park that had no fight and passion and were, to be totally honest, rank rotten, and all you read on here is rangers this, rangers that???

All im saying is id much rather spend my time getting behind our team and hoping they produce a far better display on the park than last season and staying in the spl than worrying to the extent that i feel the need to email a board member about my concern about where glasgow rangers will be playing their football next season.

Hibs can have good seasons, Hibs can have bad seasons. That's up to the players and manager.

This situation is of fundamental importance - it shows whether Scottish football is sport, or business. Petrie has insisted throughout that it is a sport, but now appears to be behind a stitch-up to protect business. It's appalling.

What do you think would happen to Hibs in this situation?

Blog Entries

If 'highest level' means a corrupt, deeply sloping playing field with 10 diddy clubs (their words) at the very bottom, you can stuff it. My fear is that there are quite a few with your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    No I think you are being perfectly reasonable! Let's not get all worked up over nothing......yet again
    Agreed,

I will reserve judgment on Hibs at the minute. I, for one, do not believe Rod Petrie is that stupid or lying to us. In a sense he is right about it being up to the other governing bodies now to decide Sevco's fate. The SPL has said no to Newco, it is now up to the SFL to decide the next move. I am not convinced RP has had anything to do with this 'proposal' but like I said I will reserve judgment till the facts are known.

The whole thing is very murky, that proposal is shameful and if it goes through I think would rightly sound the death knell for Scottish Football. Saying that, I'm not sure it's legit as its so ridiculously unbelievable I just cant get my head round how anybody would think the fans would swallow it?

Dont shoot the messenger.
    Brian Kennedy back in the frame.Will offer to buy (the club) but not the stadium and look to ground share with either Killie,Motherwell or St Mirren until Green is forced to sell the Stadium as its un-used.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    Agreed,

I will reserve judgment on Hibs at the minute. I, for one, do not believe Rod Petrie is that stupid or lying to us. In a sense he is right about it being up to the other governing bodies now to decide Sevco's fate. The SPL has said no to Newco, it is now up to the SFL to decide the next move. I am not convinced RP has had anything to do with this 'proposal' but like I said I will reserve judgment till the facts are known.

The whole thing is very murky, that proposal is shameful and if it goes through I think would rightly sound the death knell for Scottish Football. Saying that, I'm not sure it's legit as its so ridiculously unbelievable I just cant get my head round how anybody would think the fans would swallow it?
    You have a point and Hibs statement must and can only be read as it is up to the SFL after 4th of July meaning the SFL do not have any such proposal over their head as you cannot say it is up to SFL but have that proposal on table.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Hibs can have good seasons, Hibs can have bad seasons. That's up to the players and manager.

This situation is of fundamental importance - it shows whether Scottish football is sport, or business. Petrie has insisted throughout that it is a sport, but now appears to be behind a stitch-up to protect business. It's appalling.

What do you think would happen to Hibs in this situation?
    To be honest mate i havent given that much thought, i would much rather get behind Hibs as a team and hope they are preparing for a far better season than last season.

I couldnt give a toss about rangers or where they will be playing next season.

I'm just of the opinion that when you come on a Hibs board and all you read about is glasgow rangers its a wee bit irritating, as rangers are. Dont get me worng, i know as well as a Hibs forum we can all discuss all forms of football but i just think going to the extent of emailing the board when im sure they have far more important issues like us improving as a team to deal with is, in my opinion, just a wee bit over the top.

If 'highest level' means a corrupt, deeply sloping playing field with 10 diddy clubs (their words) at the very bottom, you can stuff it. My fear is that there are quite a few with your attitude.

hate to say it mate but i reckon the majority have my attitude. like it or not. the 20-25 folk on here who constantly harp on about it to the point they are emailing the board certainly are not the voice of the Hibs support.

Dont get me wrong, im not doubting your passion for the club but lets get on with just supporting the club. instead of worrying about rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    Agreed,

The proposal is ridiculous enough to believe that it's been issued with the intention of it being rejected.

hate to say it mate but i reckon the majority have my attitude. like it or not. the 20-25 folk on here who constantly harp on about it to the point they are emailing the board certainly are not the voice of the Hibs support.

Dont get me wrong, im not doubting your passion for the club but lets get on with just supporting the club. instead of worrying about rangers.
    Even if you're right, Hibs can't afford to piss off a substantial minority of their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Even if you're right, Hibs can't afford to piss off a substantial minority of their support.
    I do agree with you, but what makes a happy support is a good solid team winning on the park. Not the better interests of Rangers.

right what??

You are talking of two different things here.

1. No-one will disagree we were rank rotten last year. I would also say the year before that and probably most of the year before that and there were signs in the year before that. I am confident that, at last, this is being addressed by the Club.

2. Hibs are a part of an association of clubs that make up the SPL and more widely the SFA. Having an interest in Hibs I also have an interest in the environment Hibs ply there trade. This part of Hibs future is seemingly in disarray.

As many others have repeatedly said had this been any other club this situation we find ourselves in would have been done and dusted a long time ago. The fact that it has not and continues to cause uncertainty in the environment causes me concern about the future of Scottish football and the affect that will have on Hibs.

I am sure our Club are doing everything within their power to protect Hibernian FC as a Club. My concern is that not enough is being done to protect the environment we play in.
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Has he reached the required quantum though? :D

Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    Dont shoot the messenger.
    Brian Kennedy back in the frame.Will offer to buy (the club) but not the stadium and look to ground share with either Killie,Motherwell or St Mirren until Green is forced to sell the Stadium as its un-used.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Oi! Nuffin wrong with a deeply sloping playing field. Good enough for the famous five, tornadoes, etc etc.