hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 480 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,400 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    STV news coming up stated in highlights "certain to be in Div1".

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now they are (allegedly) threatening to blackmail the SFL teams:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...rangers-plans/

If true, it is a disgrace - all to save the cheating Huns. And the SPL chairmen are a bunch of snakes if they have even contemplated this in the circumstances.

If anything, this whole Newco scenario has brought the non-Old Firm fans together.
    This is a new low (if true).

Shocking. We should be standing shoulder to shoulder with all the non-cheating clubs in Scotland, not elbowing half of them aside to suit son of cheats franchise FC.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Apparently the SPL is threatening to set up SPL 2 (incl new Huns) if SFL votes against reform.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Absolutely nothing surprises me with this move from Doncaster. What better promotion of SPL2 than to have Rangers, the media frenzy surrounding them, the no doubt season long saga of who owns them, who wants to buy them, court battles and more.

It means the concept hits the ground running and obtains the media spotlight all year.

Utterly disgraceful, corrupt and morally unacceptable and unpalatable - sums up Scottish football don't you think.

Sadly though it's what many thought would happen. Fans are secondary, money is king. They should hang their heads in shame - how ignorant do they think we are ?
    Seems to be alot of hypotheticals and understood in these stories. Lets see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I still really can't put together the statements made last week by chairman with the fact they are all plotting to get them in the SFL1 or an SPL2.

There has to be more to this, they aren't that stupid are they??
    Sounds like a carve up, SFA/SPL/SFL reconstruction purely to save Derhun....No way would this happen if it were any other team outwith the OF........Still pandering to the OF at every oppurtunity.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Getting sick of this, if it is old Rangers still trading fine Div 1 but with all the baggage, if Newco simple division 3 as per rules so no need for any headaches. If newco start in div 1 I will not be going back and I will be letting club know all about it.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    SPL statement below, doesn't tell us much though it does still refer to the vote on July 4th:

Press Statement ~ SPL Update

The SPL today held constructive talks with 11 member clubs ahead of the General Meeting on 4 July.

Following today’s meeting, the SPL will continue to work with the Scottish FA and SFL to discuss the best way forward for Scottish football.

All member clubs will meet on 4 July to formally decide whether to approve the transfer of Rangers FC share.
    Sounds like we have all been suckered big time, we told them we didn't want the newco in the SPL and they did that, but now its all about the transfer of the share, absolutely scunnered by this and their bully boy tactics on the SFL teams, even though I've bought my season ticket if this comes off im done for good

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I am sure I read somewhere Livingston would be watching the situation closely, with the possibility of legal action against our governing body, if Derhun did not receive the harshest penalties possible....
    As were Spartans if they werent allowed to apply for a Div 3 place. This all makes no sense and not sure exactly what the game is to be honest. A bit of details would be nice especially from the non-OF SPL clubs. Only comments I have seen was from Stuart Milne saying Rangers should be treated like any other club so dont know what is going on with all of this.

Dont have any issue with reorganisation however if it is reorganising for the sake of a corrupt club that has cheated then no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This is a new low (if true).

Shocking. We should be standing shoulder to shoulder with all the non-cheating clubs in Scotland, not elbowing half of them aside to suit son of cheats franchise FC.
    Scandalous if true.

Why tack on that the newco will face the oldcos penalties when they are already saying they are 'too important' to be dealt with properly, so clearly they can't be expelled / suspended / transfer embargoed etc.

If Rangers are in the division below the SPL next season with a couple token fines and having to repay the pittance in terms of their previous overall debt that they owe to football clubs then this club and Scottish football in general can go to hell where it belongs.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I think Petrie is gambling on the threats of the 'plebs' being empty hot air in the long run. He clearly values the Sky money and the financial oomph of Rangers more than the views and feelings of the heart of every club in Scotland. And before the Petrie apologists get in with the 'Petrie has a cunning plan ......' I choose for the moment to judge him guilty until he publicly refutes the BBC reports.
    Petrie has a role at the SFA and I would imagine any meeting, if one did take place, with Green was in respect to that role and not as Chairman of Hibs. Like anyone else fulfilling a role within an organisation, unless you're running it there will be times when you have to do something that you dont necessarily agree with. If he did meet Green, and it was as a representative of the SFA, then there is no way that he will be able to publicly refute anything. It doesnt make him guilty of anything against Hibs, their fans either. Of course you may suggest that he should have resigned from his position with the SFA rather than meet Green but that would be a bit OTT.

I hope that you don't get asked to do jury duty by the way, not sure you have grasped the concept of innocent until proven guilty too well.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    This has given me the boak !!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Did I just hear that right? If the sfl clubs reject then They will just set up an SPL 2?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Free of all the worry and disappointment of following Hibs for the first time since the 60's.

It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life for me...

And I'm feeling..resigned.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Did I just hear that right? If the sfl clubs reject then They will just set up an SPL 2?
    Sounds right, STV saying they understand that plans being put in place to play in SFL, due to reconstruction.....Disgusting, carve up

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Document sent out to clubs in full.......

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...irst-division/

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Document sent out to clubs in full........

Proof that the authorities in Scotland are ****ing corrupt *******s. **** Scottish football if this happens by the way.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    SFA and SPL can **** off
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Sounds right, STV saying they understand that plans being put in place to play in SFL, due to reconstruction.....Disgusting, carve up
    Disgusting about covers it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    SFA and SPL can **** off
    Your bloody right they can, I'm actually lost for words

Disgusting about covers it.
    Just proves what everyone knew since inception.....Scottish Football is the OF, the rest do not matter one iota.....

Left by mutual consent!
    So would Rod Petrie and other chairmen be involved in this carve up?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Petrie has a role at the SFA and I would imagine any meeting, if one did take place, with Green was in respect to that role and not as Chairman of Hibs. Like anyone else fulfilling a role within an organisation, unless you're running it there will be times when you have to do something that you dont necessarily agree with. If he did meet Green, and it was as a representative of the SFA, then there is no way that he will be able to publicly refute anything. It doesnt make him guilty of anything against Hibs, their fans either. Of course you may suggest that he should have resigned from his position with the SFA rather than meet Green but that would be a bit OTT.

I hope that you don't get asked to do jury duty by the way, not sure you have grasped the concept of innocent until proven guilty too well.
    I'm hoping this is in reference to the chat the other Friday.

If there is honesty in the system as portrayed by our leader then Green will have left with his agenda in tatters.

Its not to say entry to whatever division was on Greens agenda. I only hope that Rod, on behalf of the SFA, put him straight on the requirements.
    Space to let

"Moral/sporting question vs financial collapse"

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    So would Rod Petrie and other chairmen be involved in this carve up?
    RP would have sat on panel in his SFA role.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Document sent out to clubs in full.......

Some of the statements in that are embarrassing.

It now appears obvious that the SPL clubs are in favour of what is proposed; but to prove me wrong, I wonder if Hearts, Hibs, United, Aberdeen, Saints and Inverness will release statements to the contrary (aye right smiley).

Looks like the "No to Newco" propaganda of the last week or so is just part of the greater conspiracy to save The Huns.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Just proves what everyone knew since inception.....Scottish Football is the OF, the rest do not matter one iota.....
    Proof if it were ever needed

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    I am disgusted.

Ppl talk about Sporting Integrity as the reasoning to kick the huns out of the SPL and then threaten scottish football to do as they are told to accommodate the cheats who made this whole mess.

Someone better come out soon and deny this is true. I for one am horrified that our national game is becoming the national disgust.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Your bloody right they can, I'm actually lost for words
    I'm not. They can stick professional Fitba up there collective ***** and I'll find something else to do at whatever kick off times that sky dictate.