hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 454 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3544044444524534544554564645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,620 of 44390
    Although it seems unlikely, I really do hope we are acknowledged as to which clubs vote which way next Wednesday. Surely most will say no now to protect their own behinds but I feel so strongly against any team that sympathize with Sevco 5088 that I will protest against giving them money.

I am now looking to purchase a season ticket now as well, now that this is 'almost' all done and dusted.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't really get the Kilmarnock hate-fest. Their supporters seem to be as solidly against Newco as anybody else's. As far as the club's directors are concerned, they potentially face a real chance that Killie will go under if Rangers disappear. If Hibs faced that prospect, does anybody believe that RP would be quite so adamant in his 'no to newco' stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly how I feel about it. A spineless coward who tried to look after his own interests, and wasn't even blessed with the common sense to determine what that was. Way too late for a U-turn as far as I'm concerned, I won't be putting money in the pocket f this sad quisling.
    If we and other teams' fans boycott Killie then they go out of business. Is that what we want for them and more particularly for their fans who have voted "no"?

- Another SPL team disappears because of the Huns cheating?

- Huns feel vindicated and can point and say "told you so"?

- It potentially expedites the new Huns return to SPL?

I think a more measured approach is required than a straightforward boycott. And the Killie fans are going to ensure their club votes no - why punish those same fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Could be tough for them, considering a few clubs have made their feelings known about the Rangers situation. Might end up coming down to the options available in who else applies for the space, but who else would apply? A Highland league team? Spartans? Whoever it is would need to have some financial backing.
    Any club who's position is more influenced by financial need than sporting integrity should probably be out of business anyway, and should not be a part of this league. Their position is fatally and morally compromised. The Killie Board should have the guts to recognise this and restructure the club. If that means going into Admin, starting again with a sustainable financial model, then so be it.

If one thing has come out of this it's that other SPL teams can't live or die on the existence of 2 other teams who they have no control over.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    You make a very good point. Would the same have happened pre internet days?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Any club who's position is more influenced by financial need than sporting integrity should probably be out of business anyway, and should not be a part of this league. Their position is fatally and morally compromised. The Killie Board should have the guts to recognise this and restructure the club. If that means going into Admin, starting again with a sustainable financial model, then so be it.

If one thing has come out of this it's that other SPL teams can't live or die on the existence of 2 other teams who they have no control over.

It’s been said many times on here "the fans are the club", why should the hard core Killie fans lose their club because of the current guardian? It wasn't the fans fault in 1990, when we were vulnerable & if it wasn't for the golden generation, our debts would have been far more than it is today.

With rangers, for the non arrogant fans, who support their club for the right reasons, I have sympathy, however, they have far too many that are outside that category & that’s why there the attitude towards them is so different.
    Last edited by Ray_; 26-06-2012 at 06:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

100%

Scottish football is on a "crest of a wave" just hold on as it could be a bumpy ride ....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    It’s been said many times on here "the fans are the club", why should the hard core Killie fans lose their club because of the current guardian? It wasn't the fans fault in 1990, when we were vulnerable & if it wasn't for the golden generation, our debts would have been far more than it is today.

With rangers, for the non arrogant fans, who support their club for the right reasons, I have sympathy, however, they have far too many that are outside that category & that’s why there the attitude towards them is so different.
    I didn't know Killie had hardcore fans.... They must be the Brian Kerr of Scottish Football fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    You make a very good point. Would the same have happened pre internet days?
    What, all 13,682 of us?

"Going into admin and starting again with a sustainable financial model" is all very well for you, the Killie Board, and the clubs supporters. What about the local businesses who have supplied goods and services to Killie in good faith - many of which will be owned or run by supporters - whose bills won't be paid? Should they just have to take the hit and like it or lump it?

As another poster has pointed out, if it were not for the great good fortune we enjoyed with 'the golden generation", who brought us in about 12 million in transfer fees, we ourselves would be in a very difficult place. We were lucky enough to be able to sort out our financial problems with the minimum of off-field disruption.

Suppose we hadn't had that good fortune, and you were the owner of a small business who stood to lose your living, along with your employees, while Hibs "went into admin, and started again with a sustainable financial model" How cavalier would your talk be then?

I think some people on this board are overdosing on self-righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    "Going into admin and starting again with a sustainable financial model" is all very well for you, the Killie Board, and the clubs supporters. What about the local businesses who have supplied goods and services to Killie in good faith - many of which will be owned or run by supporters - whose bills won't be paid? Should they just have to take the hit and like it or lump it?

As another poster has pointed out, if it were not for the great good fortune we enjoyed with 'the golden generation", who brought us in about 12 million in transfer fees, we ourselves would be in a very difficult place. We were lucky enough to be able to sort out our financial problems with the minimum of off-field disruption.

Suppose we hadn't had that good fortune, and you were the owner of a small business who stood to lose your living, along with your employees, while Hibs "went into admin, and started again with a sustainable financial model" How cavalier would your talk be then?

Don't forget selling the old car park (waste ground) behind the terracing near the top of the property bubble, that got us almost another Ł10M. For all the talk of Petrie's financial acumen and "wock solid" accounts, Hibs have had some pretty hefty slices of luck.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post

What do you suggest we should have done, cheated the tax man? We got into that mess because we overspent, that was our fault completely. As in any other walk of life, if you spend a penny more than you earn, you are very soon going to find you have problems.

Now you either address those problems, and run more efficiently, or you get into more debt and in my opinion thats not advisable.

Running Kilmarnock's finances on the amount of Rangers fans they get through the door is a ridiculous way to work, their attendance should be looked at as a bonus, not a way of breaking even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Glad to hear somebody else voicing this opinion. I've mentioned it a few times but felt that I was being accused of being unnecessarily vindictive since a 'no' vote was assured and it didn't matter what the fence-sitters were going to do. I hope Johnston and Killie get it tight next season.
    Johnston is by all accounts a Hun first, Killie second man, Kenny Shiels much the same. The Killie fans, on the other hand, are solidly behind blocking New Huns and will vote accordingly, imo.

Now is not the time to drive wedges between the other clubs. We should rally round all the remaining SPL clubs. Hopefully, the Killie fans will get rid of this chancer running their club.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...vic-debt.html#

Yet another problem for Mr Green. I can see a UEFA ruling that all these debts have to be cleared before Sevco Gers are allowed to play in Europe once their 3 year ban is up.

That will be another Ł 2 million the Yorkshire Lad will have to charm out of his " consortium ".

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Johnston is by all accounts a Hun first, Killie second man, Kenny Shiels much the same. The Killie fans, on the other hand, are solidly behind blocking New Huns and will vote accordingly, imo.

Now is not the time to drive wedges between the other clubs. We should rally round all the remaining SPL clubs. Hopefully, the Killie fans will get rid of this chancer running their club.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Yet another problem for Mr Green. I can see a UEFA ruling that all these debts have to be cleared before Sevco Gers are allowed to play in Europe once their 3 year ban is up.

That will be another Ł 2 million the Yorkshire Lad will have to charm out of his " consortium ".
    I think they've got that wrong. According to the CVA proposal the amount due from Everton will go to the old club and become part of the liquidation fund.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Always knew he was a few sandwiches short but it appears Lee Wallace has agreed to transfer to the newco, does that mean that the newco will still have to stump up the cash for him or face sanctions or does that still lie with the Huns?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Always knew he was a few sandwiches short but it appears Lee Wallace has agreed to transfer to the newco, does that mean that the newco will still have to stump up the cash for him or face sanctions or does that still lie with the Huns?
    Story here: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=223999

Also, just a thought. That website is "Official". Official to who? Oldhun are liquidated, and therefore shouldnt presumably be incurring further cost in maintaining a website promoting a now non-existent football team. If its for newhunsevco, then why are they called Rangers, why do they have the badge with the stars, and most laughably, who do they have a little logo saying "1872-2012" celebrating 140 years....

That is a strange one. You'd expect that if his contract is transferred from oldHun to newHun then so would the balance of his unpaid transfer fee. If not, this looks very like the asset stripping that Green was being accused of planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    That is a strange one. You'd expect that if his contract is transferred from oldHun to newHun then so would the balance of his unpaid transfer fee. If not, this looks very like the asset stripping that Green was being accused of planning.
    The whole thing is bizarre. I don't see how football regulations would allow either Oldco or Newco to hold on to the registration of a player they never paid for.

Blog Entries

Point taken. If Johnston votes 'no' it will be purely because of the fans and I would reluctantly give them the benefit of the doubt. Likewise I would hope the fans would take some in-house measures to vent their feelings and objections to their unprincipled chairman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think 'theft' is a more realistic term to use here.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar

Lee Wallace

I suspect that those players that will get their wages matched elsewhere will not transfer over to Newco. Those on high wages that will struggle to get them matched will transfer over.
    I suspect the decisions will be purely financial, rather than any sense of loyalty to Mr Green.

This is fine though, because it will not suit Newco to be paying large wages for players if they are playing in Division 3 (if at all).
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I suspect that those players that will get their wages matched elsewhere will not transfer over to Newco. Those on high wages that will struggle to get them matched will transfer over.
    I suspect the decisions will be purely financial, rather than any sense of loyalty to Mr Green.

This is fine though, because it will not suit Newco to be paying large wages for players if they are playing in Division 3 (if at all).
    Yep. I suspect many will transfer, take the big wage and wait until Rangers need to sell them.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Hmmm.... pop quiz for the Huns....

Is it the same old club under a new company? (therefore all footy penalties will apply)

OR

is it a nice shiney new club created by Sevco who managed to buy the assets of the dead and buried old club (= no footy "penalties" but you're starting again so I hope you were getting your SFL application ready while you wasted time with an SPL application)

oh and PS.... as you all said you didnae want to see the rules changed to punish you "more" than deserved I guess that means you do want to start of correctly in the existing structure..... so just remember to include Sevco's accounts for the last 3 years or you'll be bumped from the SFL application as well!
    Last edited by Just Alf; 26-06-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Interesting to note that the word "integrity" is not mentioned at all in this statement. And is it not more than a little pathetic to include the phrase, "Kilmarnock Football Club, which is of course entirely blameless in this situation..."? Does he mean to imply that other SPL clubs ARE to blame? Thank heavens he's not our Chairman.
    They could always resign from the SPL if they cant afford to play in it......i`m fairly sure that SFL costs wont be as high. Cut your cloth and find your level, clearly the SPL is to high a level for Kilmarnock.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    With the wages due in the next few days, where is the money coming from exactly? Green has not even come up with the full Ł5.5m yet and its rumoured that there is no Newco bank account........,

Goodbye dear Hun, you will not be missed.

From the Raith Rovers Official site - http://www.raithrovers.net/3766/stat...-directors.htm

Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.
    As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.
    Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One.

This, clubs really do have to stick together right now, clubs who vote yes should definitely get it tight.
    Killie fans also want newco to be burned, their clubs have to listen to the fans, theres no other way, chairmen who vote for newco will have to take the consequences from their own fans anger, non-renewals and having less or no visiting supporters, its that simple.
    This coming season could be a real eye opener, I truly believe that if newco are burned to div 3 you will see a more competitive and better SPL than in previous years, fans will be relieved and happy there are no visits to and from the Bigot den Ibrox. Im not saying attendances will go up, as many will still be aggrieved at the Medias,SPL,s and SFA,s handling, bending over backwards,lack of action, asskissin of the bun and may be lost to the game already, but, as I say, the season WILL be alot more enjoyable .
    I envisage a bigger league, a better set up and fans coming back to the game in the coming next years. Just a pity they hadnt left us to England a few years earlier, mind you watching them going tits up over the past few months and watching supporters from all over Scotland joining as one against them has been ****ing wonderful and has made it a brilliant spectacle. All we need to do now once they have been burned is demand action on their bigot fans and put in place a penalty system of points deducted, relegated etc in place, for when they are re-admitted to the bottom of the 3rd in the SFL, kick the *******s while they are down, its the only way they will learn.

Glory Glory to the SPL supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee
    From the Raith Rovers Official site - http://www.raithrovers.net/3766/stat...-directors.htm

Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.
    As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.
    Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One.

No surprises here considering the drooling maggot-folk of Mordor were all for torching Stark's Park.

Once we start getting similar statements from Elgin City and Albion Rovers, Charlie Green would be as well bringing in the bulldozers.