hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 452 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3524024424504514524534544625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,560 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @JimDelahunt: Defo no Gers SPL next season. Will they be in position to even apply for SFL? Increasingly likely year out minimum. Loads more to come out.
    Fantastic!!!! This really is great entertainment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    pompey have apparently been granted a CVA, 2p in the pound
    I'm pretty sure HMRC are only a minority creditor in that case, I may be wrong though?

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    Alex Thomson at Channel 4 tweeting about Green maybe selling the empty shell on again.

Hunmedia going daft with the same thing. Talking about rumours of an 'American Consortium'.
    In what part of cloud cuckoo land do they dream up this pash.....

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHibs View Post
    New consortium story not a rumour, Consortium revealed here http://gspawn.com/.

Chumlee will be finance director.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I'm pretty sure HMRC are only a minority creditor in that case, I may be wrong though?
    It would be brilliant if they were the major creditor!

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Chumlee in charge of finances.
    Chumlee is class

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Shameful behaviour from the Kilmarnock board. I hope that all away fans will observe a boycott of Rugby Park.
    I can't find anything recent about Killie. What is this referring to?

Last I saw Killie were going to consult with fans although think the board already dug their own grave with their statements

Quote Originally Posted by RossHibs View Post

It was Brian Laudrup the last time I looked ,they were getting a bit stroppy with each other about what shirts they would be wearing next season
    got pretty nasty their admins just as bad after the first page it gets very heated , vicious in fact arguing with each other maybe its all getting to much for them poor lambs

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=223860

Theres a thread titled wait for it "Should We Be Getting Sympathy "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    It was Brian Laudrup the last time I looked ,they were getting a bit stroppy with each other about what shirts they would be wearing next season
    got pretty nasty their admins just as bad after the first page it gets very heated , vicious in fact arguing with each other maybe its all getting to much for them poor lambs

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=223860

Theres a thread titled wait for it "Should We Be Getting Sympathy "
    One of the funniest threads but if truth be told it was pathetic, was one about a pre-season tour of Germany. They were discussing fine details about hotels and flights as if life was going on as if nothing was happening to their glorious club. I wonder if the tour actually exists and more importantly will they have a team to take on it.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    That thread is comedy gold... Gonna no post " what will the name on the shirt be " " what will the badge be " gonna no !
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

I thought Green was due to meet with officials of the players’ union today??? He's probably in shock n dreading making a statement

Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    That thread is comedy gold... Gonna no post " what will the name on the shirt be " " what will the badge be " gonna no !
    I would suggest something inspired by a Simpsons episode where Krusty gets busted by the IRS for tax fraud and they rebrand all his stuff...

irs-burger.jpg

So a variant of that but Ibrox and the Taxman face

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    I thought Green was due to meet with officials of the players’ union today??? He's probably in shock n dreading making a statement
    http://pfascotland.co.uk/2012/news/p...charles-green/

PFA Scotland and its legal advisors Bridge Litigation today had a constructive meeting with Charles Green, CEO of the Rangers newco.

The burning issue of the TUPE transfer of our members to the newco was discussed but only briefly. Chief Executive Fraser Wishart said;
    “It was important to meet with Mr Green as we have not spoken previously. We both acknowledged that whilst we disagree upon the fundamental issues surrounding our members rights to object to the transfer to the newco, we can at the same time respect the other parties position and allow the process to flow without acrimony.”

“Mr Green discussed his plans for the newco next season although of course he is not in control of many of the circumstances with regard to the football authorities and the other clubs decisions. We welcome the opportunity where we could both speak frankly and look forward to further positive dialogue in the coming months and weeks.”

“I would like to make it clear that the players who have objected so far have had to make a decision which has been a footballing one. In recent days SPL clubs have made their postion clear and it is now increasingly unlikely that the newco will be playing in the SPL next season.”
    “This, added to the three year ban from European competitions, the uncertainty over which league they will play in and what further sanctions the football authorities may impose has left the players who have ambitions to play for their international team and in Europe with an extremely difficult decision.”

PFA Scotland will meet with the players who agree to the transfer on their return to pre season training as our role is to ensure that all their contractual obligations are transferred with them.

We will also continue to advise any member who wishes to take up the option of objecting as to his rights under employment law, a position which we have made clear previously and has not changed

@hibs.net private member
    Green interviewed by STV

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/107908-r...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Green
    ... what we also have to look at is Scottish Football is driven by two factors: Rangers and Celtic. And the income drivers, the generation, the media, the marketing is all about two clubs, and really I think what we have to do is start looking now at what's best for Scottish Football and we all have to now unite behind the club and make sure that the decisions we take going forward achieve that result."

I Get the Feeling That Green is resigned to not playing SPL fitba.. But i Also reckon he Will walk away if They Dont Get Division 1...

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Was one of Green's first statements to the True Blues that he hoped to have the Club playing in the English Championship within 5 years ?

The man is a complete *rsehole and ideally suited to his current position.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Spiv.

And not a very bright spiv.

Like the word spiv.

And expunged.

The spiv was expunged.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    he doesn't give a flying **** about scottish football, it all about the pennies n pounds

First Team Breakthrough SonOfTortolano's Avatar
    Why is it that only the east coast clubs have said no so far?

Blog Entries
    ""Well, of course, I accept that that's a view but what we also have to look at is Scottish Football is driven by two factors: Rangers and Celtic. And the income drivers, the generation, the media, the marketing is all about two clubs, and really I think what we have to do is start looking now at what's best for Scottish Football and we all have to now unite behind the club and make sure that the decisions we take going forward achieve that result."

Well, Charlie, it looks like Scottish football is going to be driven by only one team for the next few years. Just for the record however it's worth noting that during your team's absence ( the longer the better) eleven SPL clubs will be taking steps to dnsure that your duopoly is confined to the history books and that the league is a healthier place for all concerned.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ""Well, of course, I accept that that's a view but what we also have to look at is Scottish Football is driven by two factors: Rangers and Celtic. And the income drivers, the generation, the media, the marketing is all about two clubs, and really I think what we have to do is start looking now at what's best for Scottish Football and we all have to now unite behind the club and make sure that the decisions we take going forward achieve that result."

Well, Charlie, it looks like Scottish football is going to be driven by only one team for the next few years. Just for the record however it's worth noting that during your team's absence ( the longer the better) eleven SPL clubs will be taking steps to dnsure that your duopoly is confined to the history books and that the league is a healthier place for all concerned.
    I would really love it if this was a new beginning for Scottish Football.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ... It looks like Scottish football is going to be however it's worth noting that during your team's absence ( the longer the better) eleven SPL clubs will be taking steps to dnsure that your duopoly is confined to the history books and that the league is a healthier place for all concerned.
    Amen !!! Bloody hell I wish we had journalists who could write as well as that .... 10/10
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Last I saw Killie were going to consult with fans although think the board already dug their own grave with their statements
    Killie Statement.............................

Shareholders and Season Ticket Holders - Consultation
    Dear Shareholder/Season Ticket Holder,

"Rangers Newco" in the SPL

Much has been said and written in recent weeks about “Rangers Newco” and the upcoming SPL General Meeting on 4th July when all twelve clubs (including “Rangers in Administration”) will vote on whether or not the SPL share (or membership) currently held by “Rangers in Administration” may be transferred to “Rangers Newco”. The vote will be decided by an 8 - 4 majority.

Clubs are consulting their stakeholders to varying degrees. I considered holding a public meeting but the logistics of planning and conducting such a meeting highlighted a number of practical difficulties and the alternative of canvassing the views of the club’s shareholders and season ticket holders (2011-12 and 2012-13) by email and letter recommended itself as a means of establishing the carefully considered views of the club’s most important stakeholders based upon an analysis of the relevant facts in a non-contentious environment - your own home.

Contrary to some media reports, I have not committed our club to supporting “Rangers Newco”. For a more balanced report of my views as at 22nd May, see the Daily Telegraph article by Roddy Forsyth - copy annexed. This interview preceded the Panorama expose regarding the use of EBT’s by “Rangers Oldco” as a means of supplementing players’ wages in an illegal manner in breach of SFA and SPL rules. There then followed an appeal to the Court of Session by “Rangers in Administration” contrary to the tenet that clubs should not invoke civil courts to deal with football sanctions, a principle strongly advocated by FIFA and UEFA. It must be said that “Rangers Oldco” and “Rangers in Administration” have not done Rangers Football Club any favours in terms of gaining support for “Rangers Newco” in its ambition to be accepted as a member of the SPL on 4th July.

Kilmarnock Football Club, which is of course entirely blameless in this situation, finds itself in serious danger of suffering severe financial penalties if our opening fixture and subsequent home fixture on 6th April 2013 of the 2012-13 SPL season are against a “Club 12” which does not enjoy a travelling support of circa six to eight thousand (@ Ł26 per person), because that is what we have budgeted for, in line with every other SPL season since the league’s inception in 1998. This means a potential drop in revenue of around Ł300,000 net.

If the vote on 4th July goes against “Rangers Newco”, the SPL will have breached its contract with “Sky” and other commercial partners who require “Old Firm” derbies as part of the SPL’s contractual obligations. Termination or re-negotiation of these contracts may follow with unquantifiable (but certainly negative) financial consequences for all twelve member clubs.

This would have a profound impact on the operating conditions of our club. We no longer have access to “soft loans” from a wealthy owner and seven years of debt reduction is unlikely to be reversed by Lloyds Banking Group offering increased borrowing facilities. The excellent support which we enjoy from sponsors and supporters would hopefully continue unabated but even the slickest of sales and marketing campaigns would struggle to fill the financial void in the short term. Spending cuts in the club’s administration and hotel have already been implemented. There is no room for further savings in those areas without causing major operational issues. This leaves the playing squad to bear the brunt of a serious funding shortfall. Expenditure on the club’s Youth Development programme and community projects would also come under severe pressure.

The statement issued by Motherwell FC on 18th June (excerpts annexed) captured the dilemma facing the majority of SPL clubs.

I firmly believe that the success and prosperity of our club will always come first with our supporters. I also believe that our supporters appreciate the progress we've made over the last two seasons and are keen to be a part of what we hope will be an exciting period ahead. Thus the healthy season ticket sales to date - ahead of last year's figures.

Following the emotional rollercoaster of our season ending match with Falkirk in 2010, we have recorded steady improvements, both on and off the pitch. This, of course, culminated in an unforgettable day at Hampden in March when the League Cup was won for the first time in our history, completing our "treble" of Scottish football's major honours.

Since last season ended, Manuel Pascali, James Fowler, Garry Hay and, most importantly, our cup winning manager Kenny Shiels have all signed extended contracts. Kenny is very much a “man with a plan” and has already given a number of young players first team experience as he builds for the future.

We have a sound platform to build from. It is our intention to add to the core of last season's squad by bringing in quality players in key positions and also to give further opportunities to the talented young players who are pushing for inclusion in the first team.

It's frustrating that due to circumstances outwith our control we are being hampered in our preparations for next season.This is a particularly difficult and anxious time as we look to manage our finances to create a playing budget that will allow us to match our ambitions for the club next season with our estimated income in the club's financial year to 31st May, 2013.

Normally, this is down to our projections on season ticket sales, gate receipts, commercial income from sponsors and our share of central revenues from the SPL - all of which is generally predictable. However, the uncertainty over Rangers' participation in the SPL and the potential consequences of that for the level of gate receipts and TV revenues received via the SPL has meant that we have not been able to press ahead with our plans.

The next few weeks are critical in terms of preparing the playing squad for the new season. The players reported back for pre-season training today. One or two of last season's first team regulars remain out of contract and we would like to be able to make offers to them and the signing targets highlighted by Kenny as soon as possible to give us the best preparation for next season.

For that reason, the news on season ticket sales offers encouragement and, hopefully, we'll be able to continue to report positive news as we proceed through the renewal process. Each year, our clear objective is is to increase sales and we’re on target to do that for the second year in succession. It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do.

So, we're looking for the wider issues to be resolved quickly, which will allow us and the rest of the SPL clubs to finalise budgets and pre-season plans and get back to playing football. Now, perhaps more than ever before, we need our true supporters to back the club - regardless of who "Club 12" turns out to be.

Very recently, "Rangers Newco" has offered to accept a range of sporting and financial penalties for the wrongdoing of "Rangers Oldco", as well as undertaking to support a change to the SPL's iniquitous 90% (11-1) voting structure to a more democratic 75% (9-3), if allowed entry to the SPL. This is not insignificant and is recognised in the third option on the consultation response slip.

I want to go to the SPL General Meeting on 4th July with a clear impression of the opinions of our most important stakeholders - the club's shareholders and season ticket holders - so please reply by email to club12survey@kilmarnockfc.co.uk or use the response slip and reply paid envelope provided if you have received this letter by post. Responses must be received by 12 noon on Monday 2nd July.

There are three options to which you should respond

1 - YES - the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL in order to avoid the SPL being in breach of its contractual obligations to "Sky" and other commercial partners

2 - NO - the "New" Rangers FC should NOT be admitted to the SPL under any circumstances, regardless of the consequences for Kilmarnock FC

3 - YES - subject to the "New" Rangers FC accepting a range of sporting and financial penalties (short of exclusion from the SPL) for the wrongdoing of the owners of the "Old" Rangers FC
    AND undertaking to support reform of the SPL's voting structure, the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL

Please include 1-YES or 2-NO or 3-YES in your subject heading which will help us to evaluate the responses.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Johnston,Chairman,
    Kilmarnock FC
    League Cup Winners 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfTortolano View Post
    Why is it that only the east coast clubs have said no so far?

Celtic are bricking it. They figured they'd get away with voting NO as we'd all vote the newco back in. Now their in a position where they need to vote yes to keep things the way they are. Imagine how their own fans will take a yes vote. Their board are having to tread carefully. Killie are a given to vote yes as they are likely to go under without the newco and St.Mirren are in the middle of a take over so they can't say either or.

First Team Breakthrough

@hibs.net private member
    Never read such an unbalanced pleading in my life. As long as he is in charge of them top of the black list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Killie Statement.............................

Shareholders and Season Ticket Holders - Consultation
    Dear Shareholder/Season Ticket Holder,

"Rangers Newco" in the SPL

Much has been said and written in recent weeks about “Rangers Newco” and the upcoming SPL General Meeting on 4th July when all twelve clubs (including “Rangers in Administration”) will vote on whether or not the SPL share (or membership) currently held by “Rangers in Administration” may be transferred to “Rangers Newco”. The vote will be decided by an 8 - 4 majority.

Clubs are consulting their stakeholders to varying degrees. I considered holding a public meeting but the logistics of planning and conducting such a meeting highlighted a number of practical difficulties and the alternative of canvassing the views of the club’s shareholders and season ticket holders (2011-12 and 2012-13) by email and letter recommended itself as a means of establishing the carefully considered views of the club’s most important stakeholders based upon an analysis of the relevant facts in a non-contentious environment - your own home.

Contrary to some media reports, I have not committed our club to supporting “Rangers Newco”. For a more balanced report of my views as at 22nd May, see the Daily Telegraph article by Roddy Forsyth - copy annexed. This interview preceded the Panorama expose regarding the use of EBT’s by “Rangers Oldco” as a means of supplementing players’ wages in an illegal manner in breach of SFA and SPL rules. There then followed an appeal to the Court of Session by “Rangers in Administration” contrary to the tenet that clubs should not invoke civil courts to deal with football sanctions, a principle strongly advocated by FIFA and UEFA. It must be said that “Rangers Oldco” and “Rangers in Administration” have not done Rangers Football Club any favours in terms of gaining support for “Rangers Newco” in its ambition to be accepted as a member of the SPL on 4th July.

Kilmarnock Football Club, which is of course entirely blameless in this situation, finds itself in serious danger of suffering severe financial penalties if our opening fixture and subsequent home fixture on 6th April 2013 of the 2012-13 SPL season are against a “Club 12” which does not enjoy a travelling support of circa six to eight thousand (@ Ł26 per person), because that is what we have budgeted for, in line with every other SPL season since the league’s inception in 1998. This means a potential drop in revenue of around Ł300,000 net.

If the vote on 4th July goes against “Rangers Newco”, the SPL will have breached its contract with “Sky” and other commercial partners who require “Old Firm” derbies as part of the SPL’s contractual obligations. Termination or re-negotiation of these contracts may follow with unquantifiable (but certainly negative) financial consequences for all twelve member clubs.

This would have a profound impact on the operating conditions of our club. We no longer have access to “soft loans” from a wealthy owner and seven years of debt reduction is unlikely to be reversed by Lloyds Banking Group offering increased borrowing facilities. The excellent support which we enjoy from sponsors and supporters would hopefully continue unabated but even the slickest of sales and marketing campaigns would struggle to fill the financial void in the short term. Spending cuts in the club’s administration and hotel have already been implemented. There is no room for further savings in those areas without causing major operational issues. This leaves the playing squad to bear the brunt of a serious funding shortfall. Expenditure on the club’s Youth Development programme and community projects would also come under severe pressure.

The statement issued by Motherwell FC on 18th June (excerpts annexed) captured the dilemma facing the majority of SPL clubs.

I firmly believe that the success and prosperity of our club will always come first with our supporters. I also believe that our supporters appreciate the progress we've made over the last two seasons and are keen to be a part of what we hope will be an exciting period ahead. Thus the healthy season ticket sales to date - ahead of last year's figures.

Following the emotional rollercoaster of our season ending match with Falkirk in 2010, we have recorded steady improvements, both on and off the pitch. This, of course, culminated in an unforgettable day at Hampden in March when the League Cup was won for the first time in our history, completing our "treble" of Scottish football's major honours.

Since last season ended, Manuel Pascali, James Fowler, Garry Hay and, most importantly, our cup winning manager Kenny Shiels have all signed extended contracts. Kenny is very much a “man with a plan” and has already given a number of young players first team experience as he builds for the future.

We have a sound platform to build from. It is our intention to add to the core of last season's squad by bringing in quality players in key positions and also to give further opportunities to the talented young players who are pushing for inclusion in the first team.

It's frustrating that due to circumstances outwith our control we are being hampered in our preparations for next season.This is a particularly difficult and anxious time as we look to manage our finances to create a playing budget that will allow us to match our ambitions for the club next season with our estimated income in the club's financial year to 31st May, 2013.

Normally, this is down to our projections on season ticket sales, gate receipts, commercial income from sponsors and our share of central revenues from the SPL - all of which is generally predictable. However, the uncertainty over Rangers' participation in the SPL and the potential consequences of that for the level of gate receipts and TV revenues received via the SPL has meant that we have not been able to press ahead with our plans.

The next few weeks are critical in terms of preparing the playing squad for the new season. The players reported back for pre-season training today. One or two of last season's first team regulars remain out of contract and we would like to be able to make offers to them and the signing targets highlighted by Kenny as soon as possible to give us the best preparation for next season.

For that reason, the news on season ticket sales offers encouragement and, hopefully, we'll be able to continue to report positive news as we proceed through the renewal process. Each year, our clear objective is is to increase sales and we’re on target to do that for the second year in succession. It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do.

So, we're looking for the wider issues to be resolved quickly, which will allow us and the rest of the SPL clubs to finalise budgets and pre-season plans and get back to playing football. Now, perhaps more than ever before, we need our true supporters to back the club - regardless of who "Club 12" turns out to be.

Very recently, "Rangers Newco" has offered to accept a range of sporting and financial penalties for the wrongdoing of "Rangers Oldco", as well as undertaking to support a change to the SPL's iniquitous 90% (11-1) voting structure to a more democratic 75% (9-3), if allowed entry to the SPL. This is not insignificant and is recognised in the third option on the consultation response slip.

I want to go to the SPL General Meeting on 4th July with a clear impression of the opinions of our most important stakeholders - the club's shareholders and season ticket holders - so please reply by email to club12survey@kilmarnockfc.co.uk or use the response slip and reply paid envelope provided if you have received this letter by post. Responses must be received by 12 noon on Monday 2nd July.

There are three options to which you should respond

1 - YES - the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL in order to avoid the SPL being in breach of its contractual obligations to "Sky" and other commercial partners

2 - NO - the "New" Rangers FC should NOT be admitted to the SPL under any circumstances, regardless of the consequences for Kilmarnock FC

3 - YES - subject to the "New" Rangers FC accepting a range of sporting and financial penalties (short of exclusion from the SPL) for the wrongdoing of the owners of the "Old" Rangers FC
    AND undertaking to support reform of the SPL's voting structure, the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL

Please include 1-YES or 2-NO or 3-YES in your subject heading which will help us to evaluate the responses.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Johnston,Chairman,
    Kilmarnock FC
    League Cup Winners 2012

Kilmarnock F.C. ‏@killiefanpage
    Johnston to vote against newco is the latest Apparently 1500 online consultations have been emailed saying no to newco since release at 9am
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Never read such an unbalanced pleading in my life. As long as he is in charge of them top of the black list for me.
    He's voting no according to Killie fans

Blog Entries
    I have said already that Killie have a higher debt to turnover ratio of any SPL club...they are probably pretty likely to go under unless they can increase income from ST's dramaticaly or restructure debt (banks not really playing that game at the moment)..

They have made themselves a target now where some will boycott no matter how they vote as a NO will be seen as political rather than genuine