hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 427 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3273774174254264274284294374775279271427 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,810 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If, a big if, rangers in whatever form they are/will be do NOT get accepted to the SPL, and A N Other club (probably Dundee) are parachuted in to keep 12 teams.....

What are the chances of the likes of Petrie, United's Thomson, Milne from Aberdeen, or any of the other chairmen looking to start throwing proposals at the SPL meetings to get the money distribution, voting systems etc changed for the mutual benefit of the non Glasgow teams, bearing in mind that the biggest hurdle (11-1 vote) would be much less of an issue (if one at all) now that the OF wouldn't be there to only accept situations that suit them and veto everything else?

If they did, this could safeguard against a future return of Rangers to the SPL, so that if/when rangers get back, the money etc is distributed in a much fairer manner, stopping the OF from raking in the lion's share.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Today's news re. Hearts and D. United voting against Rangers is a bit of a watershed. Until today, no club has openly declared it's cards and Rangers, possibly in optimism rather than realism, thought that they might survive in the SPL. With this in mind they were making great shows of defiance, bravado and martyrdom by saying that, if rejected, it would be to Div.3 and definitely not to Div.1. Lo and behold, with a 'no' vote looking more and more likely, the snivelling pigs are having second thoughts and are beginning to call for a drop to Div.1. This however if I am correct is not possible as they would have to be relegated to Div.1. Application to join the SFL would only relate to Div.3.
    As I read the situation, the 'plan' (ie bartering) was for them to be re-voted back in, but with a sanction which then immediately relegated them - hence to the first division, rather than if excluded by the SPL, to have to re-apply to the SFL and there being no option but to start at the bottom ie the third div. I presume also in that scenario the tricky situation with Dunf or Dundee is fixed as effectively Dunf are not relegated at all - Sevco are!

Todays revelations seems the beginning of a kybosh on that wee cunning plan.

...just gets better and better.

Bearing in mind Sevco 5088 is just a property holding company and not a football club, there are various criteria they don't meet, even for an application to 3rd division. Youth development programme/3 years audited accounts etc etc.

No revenue and the above could see them in administration by the end of July.

Even in oblivion will they still claim their history is intact?

Hell awaits.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Interested to hear peoples thoughts on how tv money should be distributed when the dust settles on this????

I am sure someone put the current split and values up on this thread before, anyone have them to hand?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Just read a post on P&B and someone mentioned something i had forgotten, was part of Greens proposal conditional on them being allowed to continue in the normal competitions i.e. the SPL?? I know that was part of the CVA proposal though so does that render it obsolete now?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Jim spence says he'll be Announcing another club on the radio tomorrow morning, 8.20am, that is voting no

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Jim spence says he'll be Announcing another club on the radio tomorrow morning, 8.20am, that is voting no

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Onion well said, this is indeed what should happen. Perhaps the people behind the SPL online census thing could get involved in this? You are so right, they should have a Nuremburg style trial and everyone who did wrong or who knowingly aided, abetted or permitted someone else to do wrong should be named and shamed at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The SFA & SPL Exec will be having crisis meetings tomorrow to discuss Plan F on how to get the Huns out of this mess.

Looks like the clubs have decided to take a stand for the "good of the game" - something which our football authorities should have done months ago instead of cowering away in the corners hoping the problem would just go away. Once this is all over and the Huns are in the 3rd Div, I'd like to see a summary of the behaviour/positions taken by each and every journo, SFA/SPL Exec, politician so there is no misunderstanding about who supported self-interest, bigotry and cheating ... over sport and fair play. Name and shame them

Sadly I agree. Celtic have the biggest to lose as the biggest away support they must get at Parkhead is the Huns. I don't know how that'll go with the supporters groups though?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I honestly think celtic will let them back in. Lawell has said they will do what is best for celtic. In my opinion that means having der hun in the spl. If they are not there celtics crowds would drop, no huns to play and probably still not much competition from the rest = lower crowds.
    Clubs like Hibs will lose much much less fans than celtic so it would have less impact on us if they were in div3.
    Remember celtic and rangers are just different subsidiaries of the same company and need each other more than the rest of us need them. Why do you think they have to have the same sponsors and the same strategy for the last few years of trying to get out of Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Interested to hear peoples thoughts on how tv money should be distributed when the dust settles on this????
    Each club that takes part is entitled to an equal share of the revenue generated by the product.
    Therefore 8.33% per club taking part in SPL.

Radical, huh?

Stokesy I think this is basically what Vlad was saying too. He might be a mad Lithuanian but in this instance he was correct in the basic points he was making. I'm still not sure what a "media aborigine" is though?

Quite happy that both Hearts & Utd have come out and shown their cards early and hopefully a few more will now too.

Feel sorry for Killie fans though, not sure it is their intention to have a newco straight back in. Been on quite a few forums tonight and the general consensus is that they are unhappy with MJ coming out in support.

Also, its quite frightening that so many fans want to act like the club we are all collectively working towards ousting. IMO it sounds very hunnish to be actively promoting trying to kill off a club because we don't agree with their opinion (well their chairmans opinion).

It's looking decidedly like Sevco/Dead Huns are finally going to get their comeuppance and it is going to leave a financial gap in the SPL, i think the teams that are left in the SPL next season need to really sit down and work on the product, that for me includes making all the teams in it stronger and more value for money...incl Killie.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    Stokesy I think this is basically what Vlad was saying too. He might be a mad Lithuanian but in this instance he was correct in the basic points he was making. I'm still not sure what a "media aborigine" is though?
    Aborigine can mean original or primitive so may'be he means the old fashioned media ie. newspapers and TV as opposed to internet and other social media as the modern communication mode.

Of course he might just be bonkers.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Tony McKelvie@ TonyMcKelvieIt's all over for Sevco in the SPL. Green will withdraw his application to the SPL shortly, and apply to SFL instead. There will be no vote.

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Tony McKelvie@ TonyMcKelvieIt's all over for Sevco in the SPL. Green will withdraw his application to the SPL shortly, and apply to SFL instead. There will be no vote.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Well Green is planning for next season where ever that may be - they have hired Jimmy Carr for hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Well Green is planning for next season where ever that may be - they have hired Jimmy Carr for hospitality.
    And tax advice

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Queues should come when they actually vote no

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
    Agree, not before the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Killie see the lie of the land and eventually vote no as well in the hope of heading of boycotts by away fans.
    They can go tae, let dunfy & dundee back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    two cheeks of the same arse in my view, wouldnae be surprised. but interested to see how the celtc fans would view their board keeping Her Maj's newco, team 12 or whatever they are subsequently called going.
    Only cause they know how weak they will be.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post

:giruy:

No amount of smilies can convey how brilliant that would be.

Would they need a vote to be allowed into division 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    And tax advice
    If Charles Green needs advice on tax dodging he will 'keep it in the family' and ask Phillip Green.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just a wee thought on Killie's chairman. I've heard over the years that quite a few fans travel through from Killie every week to see the mighty Rangers play. Fans that should really be walking down the road to Rugby Park. So if Rangers die, Killie and their chairman are going to be surrounded by people with no team to support who hate every team who voted them into oblivion.

In steps Kilmarnock, playing in blue, playing nearby and were Rangers friendly in the vote. They even beat Celtic in a cup last season! Killie have been struggling for a while now with crowd numbers, and this could be a way of getting a couple more season tickets in. Sales are already up 5% (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18533267) and so maybe he's not so daft after all... If he can convince a fraction of their support to start following Killie, he's covered his losses.

On another note, is there any idea/consensus on whether Rangers FC is just an asset owned by a company able to be freely sold between companies. Or is it company itself, and thus when it was liquidated, its the club liquidated, rather than the holding company. I've pretty much followed everything in this epic thread so far, but I still can't get my head around that!
    Last edited by stoobs; 22-06-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Who is Tony McKelvie, is he usually in the know about these things?
    I really hope this is true. Although it would be very satisfying if the rest of the SPL gave them two fingers, there's no absolute certainty that they wont get voted in.

Quote Originally Posted by stoobs99 View Post
    Just a wee thought on Killie's chairman. I've heard over the years that quite a few fans travel through from Killie every week to see the mighty Rangers play. Fans that should really be walking down the road to Rugby Park. So if Rangers die, Killie and their chairman are going to be surrounded by people with no team to support who hate every team who voted them into oblivion.

In steps Kilmarnock, playing in blue, playing nearby and were Rangers friendly in the vote. They even beat Celtic in a cup last season! Killie have been struggling for a while now with crowd numbers, and this could be a way of getting a couple more season tickets in. Sales are already up 5% (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18533267) and so maybe he's not so daft after all... If he can convince a fraction of their support to start following Killie, he's covered his losses.

On another note, is there any idea/consensus on whether Rangers FC is just an asset owned by a company able to be freely sold between companies. Or is it company itself, and thus when it was liquidated, its the club liquidated, rather than the holding company. I've pretty much followed everything in this epic thread so far, but I still can't get my head around that!
    I worked for an Ayrshire company once and 2 guys there were Rangers / Killie fans.

That was a long time ago though. The rest of the Ayrshire guys were rabid Huns, one of whom said he'd never go back when they signed Maurice Johnston

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by stoobs99 View Post

Good point. Also would not be difficult, even for the brain dead, knuckle dragging, uneducated neanderthals to change a letter in their most sung song and just go with the Billy Boys???

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    The no votes will continue - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4387832/SPL-rivals-ready-to-vote-against-newco.html

Rumours rife up here late yesterday that Dundee willl be promoted very soon.

cheery bye huns, cheery bye !

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    The no votes will continue - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...nst-newco.html

Rumours rife up here late yesterday that Dundee willl be promoted very soon.
    Surely Dundee were always going to be promoted if/when Rangers get turfed out of the SPL? That was my understanding of the rules, Dunfermline were relegated and that has to stand.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    That could be the get out of jail card to SPL clubs who aren't prepared to publically state their intention to vote no.

A good wee fence sitter for Celtic and Killie IMO.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Hope Spartans, Cove Rangers etc are preparing their applications to the SFL as we speak...