hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 402 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3023523924004014024034044124525029021402 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,060 of 44390
    Have they changed their name again?

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8a...52/compdetails

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this actually said? I know it was said (Carloway?) that the only thing that could have been worse was match fixing but I cant recall anyone saying, other than us , that it was the "tantamount to match fixing"
    You are probably right but excusable as it lets the word 'tantamount' be used again and again. Tantamount. One of my favourite words. That and 'lingerie'
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Link here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18471197

Looks like Regan is taking charge and is clearly fed up with SPL faffing.
    Looks to me ......more like Regan read MY POST from last week stating that this is exactly the route they would take as it lets everyone get something out of this pathetic situation.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHibs View Post
    Well,this is what the orcs think....

" It annoys me hugely in particular when I hear our fans saying the club has been or is in liquidation.

We are not, on Thursday we exited administration.

When Leeds performed the exact same thing we did, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

When Luton Town NewCo'ed with the OldCo being liquidated, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

Same with Darlington and many others.

Rangers FC is now sitting out of administration, with no threat of liquidation.

Only the press in this country are pushing this idea that we are somehow still getting liquidated! A shell of a corporate entity, which no longer contains our football club is getting liquidated.

Why would someone have paid £5.5m for something that is still under threat of liquidation?
    "

This is the link to the thread...some of the replies to this are hunbelievable. This is why the investigation into dual contracts and the ineligible players etc MUST continue.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=222962
    They're ****ing eejits. We should round them up a giant wicker man and burn the lot if them....then I'll just change my name from Andy Easton to THE Andy Easton 2012. Good luck tracking down Andy Easton for prosecution, he doesnae exist anymore.

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds like a massacre of seals

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This only highlights the farce that is Scottish football. Only here could something like this happen.
    what about match fixing in corrupt countries like Italy? or other shenanigans in the likes of Russia or Turkey?

Left by mutual consent!
    Decisions should already have been made.

Scottish football = embarrassment

In part he is technically correct that they are not in liquidation, yet. However he is deluded if he thinks they came out of administration.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Hopefully Dundee
    Will it definitely be Dundee taking the spare spot? What about Dunfermline?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fra..._company_fraud

I quote

"Although this is perfectly legal, fraud is committed when the directors abuse the phoenix company arrangement and transfer the assets of the failing company below their market value, before insolvency"

Sound Familiar????
    Unfortunately, that's not what happened in RFC's case. They were already insolvent when they transferred (some of ) the assets.

When Club 12 are noted in the fixtures would someone look out to see if the home fixtures clash with Dundee, as they should, or celtc.

That might give an indication of the SPL thoughts on how the whole thing will pan out.

If they clash with Dundee Utd then the zombiehuns are in.

If they clash with celtc then Dundee are in.

If its neutral then ...
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    When Club 12 are noted in the fixtures would someone look out to see if the home fixtures clash with Dundee, as they should, or celtc.

That might give an indication of the SPL thoughts on how the whole thing will pan out.

If they clash with Dundee Utd then the zombiehuns are in.

If they clash with celtc then Dundee are in.

If its neutral then ...
    always the option of moving the clashing game to a Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    In part he is technically correct that they are not in liquidation, yet. However he is deluded if he thinks they came out of administration.
    It was more the general gist of that thread that bothered me. The idea that they had gotten away with it. Their club had escaped their responsibilities relatively intact and debt-free with a clean slate and ready to pay back the SPL and all their enemies for " our hatred and bigotry while kicking them when they were down ".

This is why pressure must be brought upon the SPL and SFA to continue with their investigations into double contracts and ineligible players and if Cheats FC are found to be guilty, then the ZombieHuns must take the punishment. They cannot be allowed to just carry on as Rangers like nothing had happened. We are already seeing the campaign start in the media to just have them relegated to the 1st Division...

Are the SFA using the guise of " re-structuring the league " as a way of avoiding the application of their own rules regarding the criteria for membership. Re-organise the league and we`ll work Rangers in at a higher level while still making it look like they are being punished.

Also, a question, why is there even any need for a vote to see if the Zombies play in the SPL? This NewCo, as i understand it, dont even fullfil the SPLs criteria to allow them to play anyway. They should be applying for whatever other league would have them, surely....

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    WTF? I don't remember being asked to take part in any referendum.
    Serious question !

Do you mean you are not in agreance with the thrust of the letter and that Rankers should be in SPL 2012/13 ?

Not seen anyone post this today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Longmuir.html#

Well done David Longmuir

Rangers have finally issued an apology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHaCzb3yYk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    Not seen anyone post this today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Longmuir.html#

Well done David Longmuir
    Excellent...thats another suggested bit of guff dealt with..SFA won't have time for longer term reorganisation...and SFL are adamant that NewCo's only option is to apply (no cert) to Div3

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Serious question !

Do you mean you are not in agreance with the thrust of the letter and that Rankers should be in SPL 2012/13 ?
    I think I could be persuaded to have them start off in the juniors, now that a pyramid system has been mooted.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I think that the correct course of action when it comes to Club 12 would be to give it to Dunfermline. After all, they suffered from the cheating last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I think that the correct course of action when it comes to Club 12 would be to give it to Dunfermline. After all, they suffered from the cheating last season.
    Also Dundee might be better than us so yes, Dumfy

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Excellent...thats another suggested bit of guff dealt with..SFA won't have time for longer term reorganisation...and SFL are adamant that NewCo's only option is to apply (no cert) to Div3
    But why do they keep referring to SEVCO 5088 as "Rangers"?

Sevvco 5088 (The Rangers) first ever Scottish league match?

Who will it be against?
    I'll have a guess at Queens park away.
    But i hope it's away to East Stirling.

And they lose

Dont care who their first game is against just as long as it is a 3rd division team.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Its not 17th Centry...just modern day Armadale
    This is a wee bit unfair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    This is a wee bit unfair.
    Ok Ok...the 17th Century had some positives....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendrongo View Post
    Who will it be against?
    I'll have a guess at Queens park away.
    But i hope it's away to East Stirling.

And they lose

So they could say there are still a big club...playing at Hampden

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Hibs away

Kenny Shiels -

"Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels: SPL chairmen should be allowed secret vote over newco Rangers
    Jun 16 2012 By Colin Duncan
    KENNY SHIELS has called for a secret ballot to be used in deciding the fate of newco Rangers.
    The Kilmarnock boss reckons SPL clubs who vote on whether to admit the fallen Ibrox giants will be damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
    An eight-strong majority is required by the newco Ibrox outfit when the top-flight club chiefs convene some time in the next fortnight at Hampden.
    Rangers’ demise and their non-participation in the SPL would be hugely detrimental to the game and the 11 chairmen are acutely aware of this – despite the majority of supporters keen to see the back of Ally McCoist’s side.
    Killie chairman Michael Johnston faces this very dilemma – and whichever way he casts his vote there will be recriminations.
    Shiels believes a private ballot would help protect clubs from any backlash as they contemplate arguably the most important decision in Scottish football history.
    He said: “A secret ballot would be the best solution as the clubs would not be put in an awkward position.
    “I don’t think a show of hands is the best way to go on this. There will be a fall-out either way so a ballot would benefit the whole of Scottish football.
    “The decision to be made is huge and will affect so many people in so many ways.
    “I compare it to a decision you would make regarding your family. You have to look after your family and you have to make a decision that is in their best interests.
    “Clubs have to do the same when it comes to the vote on a Rangers newco.”
    A number of chairmen and chief executives are ready to say “no” to allowing The Rangers FC into the SPL – with Aberdeen yesterday morning insisting sporting integrity must remain central to their decision.
    But when push comes to shove will the other clubs stick to their beliefs or perform a U-turn?
    Shiels understands both sides of the argument. But he believes the choice to be made by SPL clubs is a simple one.
    He said: “We’re in real danger of over-complicating this with too many people trying to take the moral high ground. In my opinion it is quite simple. A lot has been said about Rangers but it all boils down to this – clubs have to make a call that is in their best interests.”
    Shiels accepts non- payment of taxes cannot go unpunished but feels the HMRC rejection of Rangers’ CVA sends an ominous warning to the rest of football.
    And he added: “All clubs have to very careful in the way they are run as I believe the taxman is out to get football.
    The news of Rangers was like a death in the football family. But we must move on and we have to stand up for our industry.
    “It’s time for people and organisations to stick together and start working as one for the good of the game.
    “It’s not about hammering people in order to gain some bragging rights.
    “We need to reach some kind of agreement suitable to all the parties involved so we can move forward.”

If its a secret vote and Rangers get back in a total boycott is required.

'A death in the football family' - is he having a laugh??

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Kenny Shiels -

"Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels: SPL chairmen should be allowed secret vote over newco Rangers
    Jun 16 2012 By Colin Duncan
    KENNY SHIELS has called for a secret ballot to be used in deciding the fate of newco Rangers.
    The Kilmarnock boss reckons SPL clubs who vote on whether to admit the fallen Ibrox giants will be damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
    An eight-strong majority is required by the newco Ibrox outfit when the top-flight club chiefs convene some time in the next fortnight at Hampden.
    Rangers’ demise and their non-participation in the SPL would be hugely detrimental to the game and the 11 chairmen are acutely aware of this – despite the majority of supporters keen to see the back of Ally McCoist’s side.
    Killie chairman Michael Johnston faces this very dilemma – and whichever way he casts his vote there will be recriminations.
    Shiels believes a private ballot would help protect clubs from any backlash as they contemplate arguably the most important decision in Scottish football history.
    He said: “A secret ballot would be the best solution as the clubs would not be put in an awkward position.
    “I don’t think a show of hands is the best way to go on this. There will be a fall-out either way so a ballot would benefit the whole of Scottish football.
    “The decision to be made is huge and will affect so many people in so many ways.
    “I compare it to a decision you would make regarding your family. You have to look after your family and you have to make a decision that is in their best interests.
    “Clubs have to do the same when it comes to the vote on a Rangers newco.”
    A number of chairmen and chief executives are ready to say “no” to allowing The Rangers FC into the SPL – with Aberdeen yesterday morning insisting sporting integrity must remain central to their decision.
    But when push comes to shove will the other clubs stick to their beliefs or perform a U-turn?
    Shiels understands both sides of the argument. But he believes the choice to be made by SPL clubs is a simple one.
    He said: “We’re in real danger of over-complicating this with too many people trying to take the moral high ground. In my opinion it is quite simple. A lot has been said about Rangers but it all boils down to this – clubs have to make a call that is in their best interests.”
    Shiels accepts non- payment of taxes cannot go unpunished but feels the HMRC rejection of Rangers’ CVA sends an ominous warning to the rest of football.
    And he added: “All clubs have to very careful in the way they are run as I believe the taxman is out to get football.
    The news of Rangers was like a death in the football family. But we must move on and we have to stand up for our industry.
    “It’s time for people and organisations to stick together and start working as one for the good of the game.
    “It’s not about hammering people in order to gain some bragging rights.
    “We need to reach some kind of agreement suitable to all the parties involved so we can move forward.”

If its a secret vote and Rangers get back in a total boycott is required.

'A death in the football family' - is he having a laugh??
    The only family I now that acts like Sheils advocates resides in Palermo I believe. Although, it may have adherents in the North of Ireland.

Shiels can GTF. Killie are the biggest cheerleaders for the new Huns so they can face the consequences without hiding behind anonymity.