hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 345 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2452953353433443453463473553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,350 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be expected from Traynor - again calling for them to be let off with a slap on the wrist:

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtr...ishe.html#more

I tried to read that article but was sick in my mouth a bit. I cant stand Jim Traynor or his parochial views on Scottish Football, he is the epitome of the fat, corpulent hack - a succulent lamb journalist if you will.

Hopefully part of this seminal moment in Scottish Football will be to get rid of most of 'our' slavering apologist sports journalists.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Traynor is so intent on sucking up to the knuckle draggers he has forgotten that there are two sides to this situation.

He is so blinded by the money issues
    I suspect not by the money issues as they concern other clubs but rather the money issues affecting the house journal of Hunnism and its falling circulation!

What a lot of pious pish Jim ,rationale ,for the good of the game ,commonsense , which if Rangers had applied any of these words in the last 10-15 years I doubt they would be in the trouble theyre in.
    Traynors a journalist of sorts ,a wordsmith , a follow the Rangers line type of guy hows about you try these words Jim ,
    integrity , fare play ,honesty ,accountability, sorry.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    To be expected from Traynor - again calling for them to be let off with a slap on the wrist:

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtr...ishe.html#more

SFA need solution that punishes Rangers but doesn't kick them out of football
    By jim Traynor on Jun 5, 12 08:14 AM in rangers
    WITH commonsense struggling to catch up the SFA and Rangers remain on collision course.

It would be wise to get under the table. And stay away from the windows.

The wreckage from this head-on will be strewn across our game's landscape ........

<Blah blah>

.... But the SFA should not be handing down sanctions which are effectively death sentences.

What fans who are driven by raw emotion, sometimes even blind hatred, think about Rangers is pretty irrelevant.

This has to be handled with a studied rationale which has been absent so far. For the good of the game, slow down, think and let commonsense - and someone who might suggest a cup ban - catch up.

Oh dear, the longstanding complaint about the west coast media’s blinkered reporting stands true.
    Jim Traynor has just announced it’s “Business As Usual”

Quotation : "There are none so blind as those who will not see"

During the Murray years he often accused Celtc of having a "biscuit-tin mentality, because they were unable/unwilling to keep up with the Huns.

I'm no lover of Celtc but at least they've kept their house in order financially.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Traynor is only protecting his job - and his windows - in all of this.

If Rangers disappear, then so will a sizeable proportion of his Daily Record readership.

Here's hoping.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    A 22 game suspension would mean that every other team would have a 36 game season. one home game fewer and so would need to refund everyone who has bought a ST already. Far simpler to treat them like simple cheats and boot them out (and then continue with our imperfect 12 team league including either Dundee or Dunfermline) rather than trying to find any way to accommodate them.
    The way the league is set up just now there is no guarentee that you will get an even split of home and away fixtures. It is possible to play 20 away and 18 home as things stand and although it doesnt happen every season pretty sure it has done on a few occassions. I'm not suggesting that clubs wouldnt want to refund fans but there would be no obligation to do so.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    I tried to read that article but was sick in my mouth a bit. I cant stand Jim Traynor or his parochial views on Scottish Football, he is the epitome of the fat, corpulent hack - a succulent lamb journalist if you will.

Hopefully part of this seminal moment in Scottish Football will be to get rid of most of 'our' slavering apologist sports journalists.

This!

We pay for these so-called reporters at the BBC, now is the time to enforce our position and remove these muppets from receiving public funds - this can be achieved by putting pressure on the BBC Governance in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    Traynor is only protecting his job - and his windows - in all of this.

If Rangers disappear, then so will a sizeable proportion of his Daily Record readership.

Here's hoping.

D'ya think?

I suspect they would (or will) suck up to the next one or two teams down the food chain.

One has to eat, doesn't one?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This!

We pay for these so-called reporters at the BBC, now is the time to enforce our position and remove these muppets from receiving public funds - this can be achieved by putting pressure on the BBC Governance in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

Done!
    His opinion wasn't aired through or on behalf of the BBC though.

It's a personal blog, whereby he's putting his own opinions forward and as vomit inducing as they are, the BBC can't be held to task for him.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    His opinion wasn't aired through or on behalf of the BBC though.

It's a personal blog, whereby he's putting his own opinions forward and as vomit inducing as they are, the BBC can't be held to task for him.
    I'm not sure bout that. If someone comes across as a racist in their own personal blog, do you think their employer can afford to ignore it and say... what he does an think in his own time has nowt to do with us. If this is Traynors personal opinion on the matter then it SHOULD be relevant and of interest to the BBC as it must sway his views and approach to his official work. You cannot divorce the 2, so I would say anyone wanting to bring this to tyne BBCs attention should go ahead - for the record of course.

How about the possibility of a home ground suspension?

For the season, every rangers game is an away game, where the other teams benefit from having an extra cat A game, and there is no messing about with the fixtures situation. This would be a punishment for rangers as they would miss out on a seasons gate intake, as well as losing home advantage in all their games.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    How about the possibility of a home ground suspension?

For the season, every rangers game is an away game, where the other teams benefit from having an extra cat A game, and there is no messing about with the fixtures situation. This would be a punishment for rangers as they would miss out on a seasons gate intake, as well as losing home advantage in all their games.
    I am afraid that no matter what 'compromise' formula the SFA come up with, if Rangers are in the 2012-13 Scottish Premier League I am out for good. I am sure that many other supporters feel the same.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I am afraid that no matter what 'compromise' formula the SFA come up with, if Rangers are in the 2012-13 Scottish Premier League I am out for good. I am sure that many other supporters feel the same.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

100%

No way on earth shall I follow another football game in Scotland, national team included, if this is allowed to happen ...

I hope they are listening to the fans!!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Me too
    ​#PERSEVERED

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    100%

No way on earth shall I follow another football game in Scotland, national team included, if this is allowed to happen ...

Slight tangent, but there is football beyond the SPL. Youth, Junior, Womens, Amateur. Football is a great game, and its fundamental appeal stretches beyond the Huns. I'm in the same boat as you: If there's a Hun presence in the SPL next season (even if Hibs arent complicit) it'll be hard to take an interest in what happens. However, I'd never let the behaviour of the Hun spoil my enjoyment of the best sport in the world.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    If Rangers get away with it ( And Im not buying a 10 point deduction or a fine or a slap on the wrist as justice). IF they get away with CHEATING there way for years and spending MILLIONS that wasn't there's to begin with im 100% out. No over reaction for me, Im finished with Scottish Football altogether if the Huns get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    100%

Easy for me to say I won't follow any more games from where I am if RFC stay in the SPL, but as many others have also stated, I won't. This is the Internet age - I can go anywhere in the world to any club I want for my football, and I will if my home country throws sporting integrity out the window ...

As to listening to the fans, I wish they would as you suggest, but it seems to me that in spite of all the wheeling and dealing going on in all the various quarters regarding this RFC cheating matter alone, the fans have not really been surveyed about it, or have I missed something?

I don't think "they" give a **** about "us" the fans myself ...

.. "I'm out"

Old adage - "Expect the best and prepare for the worst"

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Slight tangent, but there is football beyond the SPL. Youth, Junior, Womens, Amateur. Football is a great game, and its fundamental appeal stretches beyond the Huns. I'm in the same boat as you: If there's a Hun presence in the SPL next season (even if Hibs arent complicit) it'll be hard to take an interest in what happens. However, I'd never let the behaviour of the Hun spoil my enjoyment of the best sport in the world.
    I think it's fair to say we probably all have the same hymn sheet, so to speak We all want what is best for "our game" But, and it's a rather big, "but"

For me it's not just the "Hun" part of this equation, it's also the part that the SPL, SFA and all the big-wigs that are part of those organisations are playing in this sorry mess.

It's fair to say that this is testing my patience to the maximum.............
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 05-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Traynor is so intent on sucking up to the knuckle draggers he has forgotten that there are two sides to this situation.

He is so blinded by the money issues that he has forgotten that football is a sport and a sport where cheats are allowed to escape with a slap on the wrist and carry on as if nothing happened is heading for oblivion.

Rangers will not die as a result of a year long transfer embargo, they will just have a struggle, the same as 70% of clubs in Scotland have every year because of financial constraints.

He dismisses the fans as an irrelevance and that truly shows how stupid and out of touch he really is.
    Give the poor man a break. Without Rangers, his paper is dead. Not an entirely unwelcome situation admittedly but we mind end up with more of him on the radio.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jim Traynor isn't so much suggesting a punishment he is putting forward a blueprint for all clubs' future business plan.

Withhold £14m PAYE and take a £100,000 fine and 1 year Scottish cup ban. Time for Traynor to move to the business section of the paper.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In truth there were more than a few within the SFA who were shocked when the independent panel revealed their punishment.

Indeed, one of the men at the very top of the administrative tree was so surprised by the verdict he almost fell from his lofty perch.
    ............ehhhhhhhh, Campbell ******g Ogilvie nae ****ing doubt!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    If Rangers get away with it ( And Im not buying a 10 point deduction or a fine or a slap on the wrist as justice). IF they get away with CHEATING there way for years and spending MILLIONS that wasn't there's to begin with im 100% out. No over reaction for me, Im finished with Scottish Football altogether if the Huns get away with it.
    Andy - that's the most wholehearted construtive post I've ever read from you (but that's not too hard)

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Andy - that's the most wholehearted construtive post I've ever read from you (but that's not too hard)

A hink ad actually agree with that

If HMRC or Ticketus are are minded to turn down the Huns fantastic CVA offer do they always take the full 14 days before saying so or is there a chance they will come back early with a refusal?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If HMRC or Ticketus are are minded to turn down the Huns fantastic CVA offer do they always take the full 14 days before saying so or is there a chance they will come back early with a refusal?
    The responses will probably be confidential until the full 14 days are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Jim Traynor isn't so much suggesting a punishment he is putting forward a blueprint for all clubs' future business plan.

Withhold £14m PAYE and take a £100,000 fine and 1 year Scottish cup ban. Time for Traynor to move to the business section of the paper.
    Well, an Old Firm business plan at least.......any of the rest of us with even a fraction of the **** the Huns are in would have had the doors of our stadiums padlocked and put OUT of business long before now.

The cheats are right about one thing....it certainly is one rule for them and another for us..