hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 344 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2442943343423433443453463543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,320 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had to post this ,a question is asked in all sincerity on Rangers Media .

Why Are We Hated In Scotland ?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=221865

The Orcs cant help themselves ,
    What did they say in the thread?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Wow...some of the responses on that thread are hunbelievable....

- Protestant, British and the most successful Club in the World is why we're hated

- Untold amounts of speculation portrayed as facts with everyone backing up allegations while branding the Rangers Brand Toxic.....

- British and Protestant

- Protestant work ethic, my friend, there's your evidence for it right there. Rangers & Linfield 100+ titles

- my opinion is that it has absolutly nothing to do with envy or football it is polotics.the taig want independence and we are the one and only institution in scotland that stand for the union.

- Payback – They’ve never forgiven the prods for Trafalgar and the Boyne.

-They want to be us.

And this a response to why some people don't like a football club....just reading that thread really makes you wonder how anyone could ever possibly think that Scottish football 'needs' Rangers...It clearly shows the opposite and that this is a fantastic opportunity to rid our game of a substantial amount of hatred and bigotry, an opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    If they can arrange a friendly they could let the ST holders into that, or offer some other compensation for the one missed game - I don't think that's an insurmountable problem. As John Yorkston said Dunfy and Dundy are already budgetting for life in the first division and unexpected promotion could cause them more problems than it would solve. Then of course you would have to decide which of the two actually gets into the SPL - I doubt if there are any rules to cover that. I think if Rangers do expire the SPL will struggle on with 11 clubs.

On the other hand, I doubt if the SPL has rules to cover suspension for part of a season either, so it may be a non-starter. The problem with this debate is that we're all biased against Rangers and would love to see them simply booted out of football. From the SFA's point of view they are just a member club that has to be treated impartially, and it has already been decided by two independent panels that the level of punishment required for the crimes under consideration is the signing embargo so they now have to find another punishment that will be neither harsher nor more lenient than that.

From a biased opinion or not the rules that have been set down for them by the CoS seem to be quite clear....they now seem to have to choose from the range of punishments explicitly listed. Unless there is an 11th hour change of heart from Rangers to accept the initial punishment there seems little the SFA can do but suspend them…

Juventus had the book thrown at them, and they deserved it, years in the wilderness for Italys BIGGEST club. Corrupt league it may have been or may be, but they have the balls to punish clubs..

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    From a biased opinion or not the rules that have been set down for them by the CoS seem to be quite clear....they now seem to have to choose from the range of punishments explicitly listed. Unless there is an 11th hour change of heart from Rangers to accept the initial punishment there seems little the SFA can do but suspend them…
    I assume this is raised elsewhere but is the fine absorbed in the CVA? Even if now fined the maximum they only would pay 8-9%. If this is correct, with FIFA watching, the case for suspension or expulsion is clear and one or the other must surely follow.
    Last edited by Minder; 04-06-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Fannies

Because:

Fact:
    1- We're better than everyone else, and always have been.
    2- We command the press and dominate the news in times good or bad because of how huge we are.

Fiction:
    1- We're all racist and sectarian bigots. Down to the last child.
    2- We are all English
    3- We are all directly related to Edward I
    4- We killed William Wallace. Down to the last child.
    5- We don't pump weans.
    6- We don't go on about our European cup like it was won last year against Barcelona.
    From the thread

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    The way I see it the SPL/SFA have 3 seperate charge opportunities to kick them out the league.

Case1. Bringing the game into disripute (embargo appeal)

Case 2. Bringing the game into disripute by taking the SFA to civil court

Case 3. Possible double contracts

There I see it there is no way Rangers can dodge anything less then a suspension or expelled from the league if they do i'd be amazed!!!

How ever the way i'd like to see this is
    Case 1. Embargo Stands
    Case 2. 30 deduction
    Case 3. Expulsion
    1. Suspended for a year
    2. Suspended for a year, to run concurrently (just incase they try to appeal one!)
    3. Stripped of all titles won whilst running double contracts.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    An 11 game suspension might be possible if it only applied to Huns home games, thus allowing everyone a home game against them.

A 22 game suspension could be interesting, as there is a possibility of relegation and a certainty of a bottom six finish (just don't tell Sky).

But I'll suggest a full season's suspension will be the outcome, with the Huns TV money and the prize money for twelfth being divided amongst the other eleven clubs to compensate for losing a home game. It will then be up to the clubs to decide how to compensate season ticket holders (probably with vouchers for the club shops).

Don't think it would be practical to have an eleven team league playing each other four times, because that would mean finding 44 match days rather than 38.
    40 matches surely?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    40 matches surely?
    44 match days.

Each team would play 40 games, and have 4 weeks when they would be the "spare" team.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    That thread is comedy, especially:

Fiction:
    1- We're all racist and sectarian bigots. Down to the last child.
    2- We are all English
    3- We are all directly related to Edward I
    4- We killed William Wallace. Down to the last child.
    5- We don't pump weans.
    6- We don't go on about our European cup like it was won last year against Barcelona.

No to impartial punishments!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/medi...MAY%202012.pdf

G6.1.15 cancel or refuse the Registration of any Player Registered or attempted to be Registered;
    G6.1.16 order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players

Am i wrong in reading here with reading the rule book it does state that the SPL can block Registering Players??? If so are the courts says the under 18 rule part not within their powers but TOTAL register ban is???

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    http://www.scotprem.com/content/medi...MAY%202012.pdf

G6.1.15 cancel or refuse the Registration of any Player Registered or attempted to be Registered;
    G6.1.16 order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players

Am i wrong in reading here with reading the rule book it does state that the SPL can block Registering Players??? If so are the courts says the under 18 rule part not within their powers but TOTAL register ban is???
    I think the problem is with the SFA rulebook.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Queen has just announced at Jubilee Concert that there will be an amnesty for all tax fraudsters as part of her celebrations.

What were the chances, eh?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Queen has just announced at Jubilee Concert that there will be an amnesty for all tax fraudsters as part of her celebrations.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

That'll cure a lot of squeaky bums. God bless her.
    Last edited by snooky; 04-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Thankyou Sir Paul - you played my fave track (none of this Beatles crap!)

I pDid think it was a little insensitive to play "Live and Let Die" in front of Queenie but also spare a thought for the feelings of her bear supporters watching insuspectingly from the safety of their living rooms!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    I think the problem is with the SFA .......
    Fixed it for you!

Busy 2 weeks for Rangers that will decide there future

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Filled Rolls would still like to know if his house price is affected? And presumabley how often his bins will be emptied?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    An 11 game suspension might be possible if it only applied to Huns home games, thus allowing everyone a home game against them.

A 22 game suspension could be interesting, as there is a possibility of relegation and a certainty of a bottom six finish (just don't tell Sky).

But I'll suggest a full season's suspension will be the outcome, with the Huns TV money and the prize money for twelfth being divided amongst the other eleven clubs to compensate for losing a home game. It will then be up to the clubs to decide how to compensate season ticket holders (probably with vouchers for the club shops).

Don't think it would be practical to have an eleven team league playing each other four times, because that would mean finding 44 match days rather than 38.
    Not sure if this is possible, but let them play in the league, but all home games are behind closed doors, with no TV coverage allowed. Their fans suggested somewhere that they would boycott away games ,but turn up outside to sing their party songs, that would be an illegal gathering without permission from the authorities so they could then be arrested for Breach of the Peace.

Just throwing it into the mix.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    As I've previously claimed that I want to see justice done, despite any financial drawback on the club, then I've got to say, me losing the odd game from my season ticket is a small price to pay.... Especially as the money goes directly into the team building pot :-)

Andrew Smith from Scotland on Sunday on Good Morning Scotland. About as open minded and truthful appraisal of the situation as I've heard on the BBC so far ...

Starts at 2 hrs 16 mins:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01j728b

Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    Suspension is specifically listed but the period is not as far as I can see. I'm just exploring whether a suspension for less that a full season is viable because the two hearings concluded that a full season's suspension (I presume) would be fatal to the club, and that was not their intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I assume this is raised elsewhere but is the fine absorbed in the CVA? Even if now fined the maximum they only would pay 8-9%. If this is correct, with FIFA watching, the case for suspension or expulsion is clear and one or the other must surely follow.
    I'm sure there's a provision in the protocol that fines must be paid in full so I would expect it to fall outside the CVA. They also charge interest at 4% above base on fines paid late.

After careful consideration and due reflection, I can uncategorically say that the average Hun is obviously bigoted and irrademably stupid. Therefore, the sooner that club dies the better.

To be expected from Traynor - again calling for them to be let off with a slap on the wrist:

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtr...ishe.html#more

SFA need solution that punishes Rangers but doesn't kick them out of football
    By jim Traynor on Jun 5, 12 08:14 AM in rangers
    WITH commonsense struggling to catch up the SFA and Rangers remain on collision course.

It would be wise to get under the table. And stay away from the windows.

The wreckage from this head-on will be strewn across our game's landscape.

More than one club and their fans will suffer. We'll all be damaged.

Having been found guilty on disrepute charges Rangers were fined £100,000 and banned from signing players over 18 for 12 months but the Ibrox club turned to Scots Law.

The Court of Session ruled in their favour with Lord Glennie declaring the SFA's disciplinary tribunals were "wrong to hold that they had power to impose the additional sanction in this case".

In other words, the independent inquiry and then the appeals panel had no legal right to come up with a punishment other than those open to them within the SFA's scale of sanctions.

It was a rare victory in desperately trying times for Rangers but also a hollow one because they now face a more serious sentence.

The SFA appeals body - Lord Carloway, former Partick Thistle chairman Allan Cowan and Spartans chairman Craig Graham - can now expel Rangers from the game, eject them from the Scottish Cup or terminate their membership.

With the SFA - who are being watched closely by their masters at FIFA - having to save face, Rangers have every right to fear a more savage punishment.

Ever since Lord Glennie slapped the SFA down they've been sounding bullish about the next step and making it clear Rangers have only themselves to blame.

How dare they resist the law of the game and refuse a sanction.

Actually they didn't. Rangers merely questioned whether the SFA's independent judicial inquiry - Gary Allan QC, Raith Rovers' Eric Drysdale and journalist Alistair Murning - had the right to go outwith their list of penalties.

The Court of Session said they didn't and despite the SFA's rage the mistake was made by the people who sat in judgment at the outset.

In truth there were more than a few within the SFA who were shocked when the independent panel revealed their punishment.

Indeed, one of the men at the very top of the administrative tree was so surprised by the verdict he almost fell from his lofty perch.

There was disbelief in the voices of some of the SFA people contacted minutes after the announcement.

There was also a degree of panic that the new disciplinary procedures had backfired and that's why it's a bit hypocritical to be coming across now as pious and fully supportive of the 12-month ban.

It would be more helpful if they were locked in their boardroom until they come up with a way to avoid the crash with Rangers. It's just not good enough to say, as they seem to be, that the responsibility of coming up with an alternative lies only with Rangers.

That's like saying a burglar should come up with his own sentence. "Eh, let me think yer honour. How aboot 300 hours community service workin in ma local ironmongers? I could dae wi some new wire cutters and jemmies."

Besides, who at Rangers could come up with an appropriate punishment? This is a club without a leader. They have administrators and Charles Green but no one regarded as a true figurehead.

Green is the closest to that but ever since the law told the SFA to take Rangers' transfer ban back to appeal, the Yorkshireman has been busy trying to calm spooked would-be investors.

The SFA and their chief executive, Stewart Regan, should also be aware the threat of terminating Rangers' membership could convince Green to disappear.

Come to think of it, that would be one way out of this mess. Rangers shut down. Problem solved. However, Green isn't for running, not yet anyway, so another solution needs to be found.

But by allowing everyone to think Rangers will be frozen out of the game if they don't accept their transfer ban the SFA are scaremongering - and you don't need a Law Lord to tell you that isn't one of their
    sanctions either.

Instead of leaving Rangers to "volunteer" to accept their sanction Regan should be taking a lead on this issue.

He must keep a cool,
    intelligent head and steer the game and Rangers away from destruction. It would help
    enormously if he ignored those who want to whisper in his ear about Rangers being dreadful villains. You know the ones, they're easily spotted. They're hunched over by the burden of carrying around petty and stupid club agendas.

Regan is this game's leader and needs to stand apart, survey the mess and somehow identify a path which might lead to a better, more structured future. And preferably one with Rangers in it because despite what one or two club chairmen might believe there is no better future without Rangers.

However, the Ibrox club must also help find a solution, although that cannot be an acceptance of their 12-month signing embargo. It would be idiotic to accept a punishment deemed unlawful. The sooner the SFA accept the Court of Session is a greater legal authority than they are the quicker we might see them and Rangers reach common ground.

Actually, the SFA must already believe the law of the land to be the greater force. They are heading to the Court of Session to force Craig Whyte to pay the fine slapped on him for his mismanagement at Ibrox.

He has dismissed the fine as a "joke" but the SFA are determined to drag him into court even though they've
    criticised Rangers for having taken them there.

Better if FIFA didn't find out about this but for the good of the game it has to be worked out. It's getting dangerous and it's nonsense to say nothing can be done to avert the collision.

sensible

If it were suggested Rangers should be banned from next season's Scottish Cup - which could cost them up to £750,000 - the SFA and the club would be foolish not to latch on to it.

The association can't suggest it because the matter is returning to the Appellate Tribunal and they mustn't be influenced, but if Rangers dropped their appeal the matter could be looked at differently.

If a cup ban was suggested at the same time surely that would seem like a sensible escape route for the SFA and Rangers, who understand their failure to hand over PAYE and National Insurance
    contributions means their
    punishment has to be harsh.

But the SFA should not be handing down sanctions which are effectively death sentences.

What fans who are driven by raw emotion, sometimes even blind hatred, think about Rangers is pretty irrelevant.

This has to be handled with a studied rationale which has been absent so far. For the good of the game, slow down, think and let commonsense - and someone who might suggest a cup ban - catch up.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    To be expected from Traynor - again calling for them to be let off with a slap on the wrist:

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtr...ishe.html#more

SFA need solution that punishes Rangers but doesn't kick them out of football
    By jim Traynor on Jun 5, 12 08:14 AM in rangers
    WITH commonsense struggling to catch up the SFA and Rangers remain on collision course.

What fans who are driven by raw emotion, sometimes even blind hatred, think about Rangers is pretty irrelevant.

This has to be handled with a studied rationale which has been absent so far. For the good of the game, slow down, think and let commonsense - and someone who might suggest a cup ban - catch up.
    The man is a balloon, and one of the many so called football experts in this country that needs to disappear from our game for the good of it. To consider the fans irrelevant just shows the arrogance of the scottish media when it comes to our national sport, we won't be irrelevant this time traynor, scottish football is going to change at last and there is **** all you can do to stop it!!

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    The man is a balloon, and one of the many so called football experts in this country that needs to disappear from our game for the good of it. To consider the fans irrelevant just shows the arrogance of the scottish media when it comes to our national sport, we won't be irrelevant this time traynor, scottish football is going to change at last and there is **** all you can do to stop it!!
    That's a bit unfair to ballons. Traynor is like Chick Dung, purports to support a "wee team" but salivates every time der Hun rack up another win. Here's hoping the SFA suspension includes both of these idiots not being allowed anywhere near reporting on Scottish Football for the forseeable future.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful article. Not wholly desperate to see the Huns themselves disappear - though that would be nice - but if the entire BBC Weejia were to go tomorrow, coverage of Scottish fitba would, at a stroke, be immeasurably improved. Traynor, Young, Dodds and Smith especially. That would be joyful.

Traynor is so intent on sucking up to the knuckle draggers he has forgotten that there are two sides to this situation.

He is so blinded by the money issues that he has forgotten that football is a sport and a sport where cheats are allowed to escape with a slap on the wrist and carry on as if nothing happened is heading for oblivion.

Rangers will not die as a result of a year long transfer embargo, they will just have a struggle, the same as 70% of clubs in Scotland have every year because of financial constraints.

He dismisses the fans as an irrelevance and that truly shows how stupid and out of touch he really is.