hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 317 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2172673073153163173183193273674178171317 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,510 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    the huns think they have wrangled out of this one but i'm sure FIFA are keeping an eye on developments.

they simply CANNOT get away with this, they are not untouchable and i'm hoping they are punished severely by FIFA

2. Log in to remove the advert

FIFA Statement - well done Huns for getting the big boys involved at last

FIFA has warned the Scottish Football Association it must take action after Rangers' use of the law courts to challenge a registration embargo.

The Scottish Premier League side won a case at the Court of Session on Tuesday, with a judge ruling the Scottish FA had no power to impose a signing ban on the club for bringing the game into disrepute.

A statement from FIFA read: "At the time of writing we have not received any communication from the Scottish FA.

"In such a case, FIFA will ask the Member Association to take action so that the club withdraws its request from the ordinary courts.

"As a general rule, in case a club is seeking redress in front of ordinary court, as mentioned above the Member Association shall take direct action in order to safeguard the principle laid down in art. 64 par. 2 of FIFA Statutes, which shall be, in view of art. 64 par. 3 incorporated in the Member Associations’ Statutes.

"FIFA will closely monitor the situation so that the issue is resolved as fast as possible."

Rangers' case will now be referred back to the original appeal tribunal, which has been ordered to operate within the framework which exists.

Rule 66 allows for a maximum fine of £100,000 to be imposed, as well as ejection from the Scottish Cup, a suspension, expulsion from participation in the game and/or termination of SFA membership.

**More to follow...*

tp://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/103811-fifa-warn-scottish-fa-they-must-punish-rangers-for-using-law-courts/

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like and hope tae see UEFA/FIFA help make the decision for them by threatening the banning of both the National and club sides from all competitions.
    Is there not a template open letter on Kickback that we can use to send our views to Messrs Blatter and Plattini?

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    FIFA better step up to the plateon thisone - I'm not holding my breath.
    First warning shot from Switzerland:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/103811-...ng-law-courts/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Rangers.html

Winners lose: Court victory 'could finish' fallen Rangers
    By JOHN GREECHAN
    PUBLISHED: 23:37, 28 May 2012 | UPDATED: 23:37, 28 May 2012
    Comments (21)

Rangers have been warned that a successful court appeal against their one-year transfer embargo could end up with them being kicked out of football.
    The Ibrox club, who expect to publish Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) proposals on Tuesday morning - after yet another delay - will be back in the Court of Session in Edinburgh on Tuesday, seeking a judicial review of the 12-month signing ban imposed by an independent SFA panel.

On track: Administrator Paul Clark says CVA agreement is moving along
    But leading sports lawyer Dan Chapman, of Full Contact Law, told Sportsmail: 'If the courts were to say that they wished to overturn the transfer ban, the SFA will have to say they don't recognise the decision of the court.

'And, if Rangers want to impose the decision upon them, the SFA will have no choice but to expel them. Otherwise, the game is in utter disarray and anarchy, with no one paying any attention to a decision by the governing body.
    'If the Court of Session find in favour of Rangers, the SFA certainly don't have to accept.
    'They will say: "If you want us to accept that, you are further breaching the rules - which means we'll expel you. In that case, your legal remedy is pretty pointless because you're no longer a club allowed to play in our leagues".
    'It would be a futile victory. It seems to be that, for want of a better expression, it's been a bit of a cock-up.'

No-win situation: Win for Rangers would be a phyrric victory
    While the case in Edinburgh resumeson Tuesday , Rangers have also promised to publish details of the pence-in-the-pound offer to creditors needed to deliver the club from administration.
    Having initially scheduled to issue a CVA last week and again yesterday, Duff & Phelps last night blamed 'administrative alterations' for the delay - but insisted that Rangers could be out of administration by June 14.
    Paul Clark, joint administrator, said last night: 'A formal notice of the CVA meetings will be sent to all creditors and shareholders of the club tomorrow, providing further details of the CVA process.
    'The proposal will offer the best return for all stakeholders.
    'If approved by creditors, the CVA proposal will rescue the company and finally enable it to exit administration.
    'Details of the CVA proposal have been finalised today and there has been additional consultation with certain stakeholders.
    'Rangers supporters should be reassured the CVA process is on track. The creditors' meeting to consider and, hopefully, approve the CVA will be held on Thursday, June 14.'
    The CVA letter will trigger a £3m payment from would-be owner Charles Green, who has repeatedly refused to name all of the investors involved in his mystery consortium.
    Rangers will now need major creditors, including HMRC and Ticketus, to agree to the terms in order to avoid taking the newco route out of administration - incurring further footballing penalties.
    The SPL have confirmed, meanwhile, that Rangers have been granted a 'period of grace' over submission of accounts.
    Officially without an SFA licence until they provide the documentation, the league have given them until June 15 to fulfil requirements.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1wHB6z300

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Is there not a template open letter on Kickback that we can use to send our views to Messrs Blatter and Plattini?
    I have nae idea about anything on that exists on keechboak.

So, before Rangers went to the CoS their actions had taken them close to suspension/expulsion. They have now appealed at the CoS in direct contravention of the SFA and higher authorities rules, so they must have crossed the line. There is no alternative, they have to be expelled or suspended by the SFA if Scottish Football has any hope of survival.

The international authorities would jump at the chance to combine the British associations and the SFA would give them a great opportunity to do so by deferring to UEFA here. We've reached the crossroads and there's only one road we can take to survive. Rangers have succeeded in turning their own drama into everyone's crisis and it could end up realising their wish of Scottish clubs playing in English leagues. Ironically they won't be around to enjoy it because we can be sure that UEFA will not allow them to continue as a football club.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    So, before Rangers went to the CoS their actions had taken them close to suspension/expulsion. They have now appealed at the CoS in direct contravention of the SFA and higher authorities rules, so they must have crossed the line. There is no alternative, they have to be expelled or suspended by the SFA if Scottish Football has any hope of survival.

The international authorities would jump at the chance to combine the British associations and the SFA would give them a great opportunity to do so by deferring to UEFA here. We've reached the crossroads and there's only one road we can take to survive. Rangers have succeeded in turning their own drama into everyone's crisis and it could end up realising their wish of Scottish clubs playing in English leagues. Ironically they won't be around to enjoy it because we can be sure that UEFA will not allow them to continue as a football club.
    I find it really difficult to believe that the admins didn't know about the FIFA regulations. I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but I am wondering if they did this on purpose to set up the final battle between RFC and the SFA. RFC have, as we all know, long thought of themselves as bigger than the SFA. They are about to find out if that's the case.

Left by mutual consent!

Hopefully there will be lots of pressure on the SFA/SPL from UEFA/FIFA. One club or all clubs and the national side

Perhaps this sort of thing should help make up the minds of those who are thinking about supporting the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I find it really difficult to believe that the admins didn't know about the FIFA regulations. I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but I am wondering if they did this on purpose to set up the final battle between RFC and the SFA. RFC have, as we all know, long thought of themselves as bigger than the SFA. They are about to find out if that's the case.
    Come in Agent Clark, your task is almost complete.

Blog Entries
    The irony is that Rangers thinking they are the Big fish in a wee pond that can do what they like...are about to find out that Scotland is a wee Fish in the Big pond that is world football...and Platinni has vowed to get tough.....nice easy wee fish target given to them to get their message across to the big boys (like EPL / Seria A) that things like this will Not be ignored...

I've been thinking the same thing, although I was wondering if they were just looking for someone else to pull the trigger. To raise this action without being aware of the regulations was an act of gross negligence, if they were aware of them they are challenging the authority of the SFA and UEFA. Totally destructive either way.

Even the Beeb reporter describing it as a 'pyrrhic victory'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

Time to raise a glass gets closer!

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    This might be a daft question but how do the creditors benefit from today's transfer ruling? If Duff and Phelps are solely acting in their interests, I can't see how fighting the decision (running up further billable hours I assume) will make any difference to the return they receive? The only thing I can think of is it being a condition of the takeover. Unless I'm understanding the Duff and Phelps role wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post
    This might be a daft question but how do the creditors benefit from today's transfer ruling? If Duff and Phelps are solely acting in their interests, I can't see how fighting the decision (running up further billable hours I assume) will make any difference to the return they receive? The only thing I can think of is it being a condition of the takeover. Unless I'm understanding the Duff and Phelps role wrong.
    Not a daft question at all.

If the Green bid were to fall apart tomorrow, then the admins might want to find another buyer. A club that "can" buy players is going to be more attractive than one that can't.

All pretty academic, of course, but I suppose they have to be seen to provide for all eventualities.

The above, of course, would be their justification. The cynic might say it's got F all to do with the creditors, and more to do with saving the club.

Blog Entries
    I know this is not Rangers....but with match fixing in Italy (allegedly )....It seems there is a whole washing line of dirty laundry in world football....and this seems the worst of all and right at the Herat of things

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18232533

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Bad news for #Rangers:They wanted embargo thrown out with no further hearing- judge rejected that & proposed return to SFA appeal tribunal.

I've been thinking the same thing, although I was wondering if they were just looking for someone else to pull the trigger. To raise this action without being aware of the regulations was an act of gross negligence, if they were aware of them they are challenging the authority of the SFA and UEFA. Totally destructive either way.
    I think the same. D & P probably dont want there houses torched by rabid huns, much better let the SFA (muscled by UEFA) to take the 'fall' though personally, I would consider it an honour

I can only infer that Green may have stated that the deal would be off if the transfer ban was not lifted. Otherwise there is no justification for the actions by the administrators.

I would guess that many of the Rangers players will be able to 'walk' when the window opens later this week. If the team are to remain competitive, then they will have to be persuaded to stay by offering more cash.

A Rangers team filled with youth players and journeymen pros is not likely to prosper even in the very weak SPL. The crowds will fall off and rebuilding will be set back for years as the glory hunters departed leaving only the knuckle-draggers and a genuine supporters.

Not a daft question at all.

If the Green bid were to fall apart tomorrow, then the admins might want to find another buyer. A club that "can" buy players is going to be more attractive than one that can't.

All pretty academic, of course, but I suppose they have to be seen to provide for all eventualities.

The above, of course, would be their justification. The cynic might say it's got F all to do with the creditors, and more to do with saving the club.
    Cheers. Would probably count myself in the latter camp, though I think Duff and Phelps probably underestimated the scrutiny they'd be under in their role. Wonder if HMRC had been able to block the appointment at the very start whether things would have been any different, under a Big 4 administrator for example.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Iv been thinking the timing of all this over myself , Theyv nearly made a CVA proposal and won a case so they can buy players all on the same day, surely the creditors will be slightly annoyed that there planning on spending more before Theyv settled the previous spending?

It's more bizarre by the day

Cheers. Would probably count myself in the latter camp, though I think Duff and Phelps probably underestimated the scrutiny they'd be under in their role. Wonder if HMRC had been able to block the appointment at the very start whether things would have been any different, under a Big 4 administrator for example.
    At their very first press conference, Paul Clark did acknowledge that they would be subject to the most intensive public scrutiny.

No sheet, Sherlock....

As for your last sentence, I am duty bound to spit at, and resist, any efforts by the Big 4 to do anything.

Blog Entries
    there will be Rangers players packing their bags as we speak...in the short term this decision had added more uncertainty to the situation as who knows when SFA will arrange another hearing (unless they just say to CoS judge)...and what the outcome will be with more Dudlines being passed by the day...

Agent X .....'I'm a Rangers Player...Get me out of here!!!'

Not long till the windows open and the summer fun cranks up a notch or 2

At their very first press conference, Paul Clark did acknowledge that they would be subject to the most intensive public scrutiny.

No sheet, Sherlock....

As for your last sentence, I am duty bound to spit at, and resist, any efforts by the Big 4 to do anything.

'Significant' Fifa story soon.

https://twitter.com/rburgessbbc/stat...02153017868288

Might be the statement mentioned by STV earlier.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I am probably way off here, but is it possible that some folks at the SFA are actually hoping that FIFA come in heavy-handed and make the decision that they don“t have the guts to make, so that after the huns implode, they can point at FIFA and say, it wisnae us, it wis them?

@hibs.net private member
    Been thinking about the poor level of offer again. Surely the administrators could start selling off players as assets just now (well after 1 June). I know they wouldn't get full market value but if the rumours of cut price deals of say £1m for Bocanegra, Naismith, Whittaker etc they would raise a lot more than £5m. Can the creditors not insist on a yard sale to raise funds? Just returning to the original job for the admins- look after the creditors interests. Yes it would make Rangers less attractive for a buyer but would probably raise a lot more in funds for HMRC et al.

Would a creditor be able to sue Duff and Duffer for not acting in their interests?

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    ...in the short term this decision had added more uncertainty to the situation as who knows when SFA will arrange another hearing
    My take is that if they organise another hearing then they are accepting the court decision .. if they accept the court decision they are breaching their own (and FIFA's) rules. Surely they have to simply ignore the court decision, inform Rangers that this is what they are doing and STRONGLY recommend that they do the same. IF Rangers try to breach the embargo then they'll have the full weight of the SFA, UEFA and FIFA bearing down on them and the outcome wont be pretty.

Well not pretty for them that is ... I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy it.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I can only infer that Green may have stated that the deal would be off if the transfer ban was not lifted. Otherwise there is no justification for the actions by the administrators.

I would guess that many of the Rangers players will be able to 'walk' when the window opens later this week. If the team are to remain competitive, then they will have to be persuaded to stay by offering more cash.

A Rangers team filled with youth players and journeymen pros is not likely to prosper even in the very weak SPL. The crowds will fall off and rebuilding will be set back for years as the glory hunters departed leaving only the knuckle-draggers and a genuine supporters.
    That was my thought. They should have to operate at a sustainable level, even if that means cutting right back and not being competitive at the top of the league. The lack of humility shown by the club and the clamour by the powers that be to maintain the status quo suggest that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    Iv been thinking the timing of all this over myself , Theyv nearly made a CVA proposal and won a case so they can buy players all on the same day, surely the creditors will be slightly annoyed that there planning on spending more before Theyv settled the previous spending?

It's more bizarre by the day
    And plenty more to come I'm sure. Any wagers on how many pages this thread gets to before dying out?

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Been thinking about the poor level of offer again. Surely the administrators could start selling off players as assets just now (well after 1 June). I know they wouldn't get full market value but if the rumours of cut price deals of say £1m for Bocanegra, Naismith, Whittaker etc they would raise a lot more than £5m.
    The Green offer will be based on the players remaining.
    If they sell the players then the Green offer will be withdrawn.
    If the Green offer is withdrawn then liquidation might be the only option left. I'm not sure the timescale will allow another buyer to come in, Green could be the last throw of the dice from a creditors perspective (HMRC excluded).
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!