hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 310 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2102603003083093103113123203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,300 of 44390

2. Log in to remove the advert

The SPL have given the cheats an extension till June 15th to get the necessary financial documents submitted. Accounts etc. I would take that go mean dual contract info too.

https://twitter.com/bbcliammcleod/st...16433300262912

https://twitter.com/mattlindsayet/st...14988664524801

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SPL have given the cheats an extension till June 15th to get the necessary financial documents submitted. Accounts etc. I would take that go mean dual contract info too.

A "period of grace" indeed.

You just know what's coming. Irrespective of any investigation outcomes, severity of rule breaches, Rangers will be in the SPL next season under one guise or t'other.

Joke.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post

With the fixtures being due out the following week, I wonder if the choice of 15 June has a special significance.

A rangers fan just started laying into the SFA on twitter. Before I told him they're set to allow rangers back into the SPL. Then he said 'they need us more than we need them.' funny because last time I checked without the sfa you wouldn't have a league.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

With the fixtures being due out the following week, I wonder if the choice of 15 June has a special significance.
    That's what I was thinking. The likelihood of them lasting till then is looking slim now anyway.

If everyone keeps delaying decisions, and remember the SPL are meeting on Wednesday I think, then Duff and Duffer will be left holding the baby. Donkey Doncaster will be able to say he did all he could to help them, thus deflecting the wrath of the Mordor hordes elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

You just know what's coming. Irrespective of any investigation outcomes, severity of rule breaches, Rangers will be in the SPL next season under one guise or t'other.

Joke.

Makes you wonder what other payments have been made by the Rangers Fighting Fund or perhaps it should be renamed the Rangers Slush Fund.

Any chance of an audited account of the fund being produced ?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Not sure if you're implying exactly this, but judging by the standard of his previous 'arguments' I wouldn't be surprised if Donkey "Neil" Doncaster tries to suggest that it is by then too late to arrange league fixtures without The Hun and therefore the best and most reasonable thing all round is to let them carry on in the league they're already in, for the sake of the fixture list and that.

Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Not sure if you're implying exactly this, but judging by the standard of his previous 'arguments' I wouldn't be surprised if Donkey "Neil" Doncaster tries to suggest that it is by then too late to arrange league fixtures without The Hun and therefore the best and most reasonable thing all round is to let them carry on in the league they're already in, for the sake of the fixture list and that.
    That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    2012 - the year deadline ment something completely different

Any other team would know by now what was going to happen. They are just giving pleasure to the metaphorical pimp that is Rangers FC.
    completely ignoring their responsibilities at home, with the SFA.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Is that not the date the Annual Football Bible - the Wee Red Book - is released with the fixtures lists for next season

The decision will be taken on Wednesday according to reports.

The fixtures will not be a problem, well at least not for the SPL. They can simply substitute Dundee for Rangers.

The silence is deafening about any CVA. Without one they will be liquidated before the end of the month as the cash will be gone. Duff and Duffer will not run the show if they cannot get their fees.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Was it not a 6pm deadline for the deadline ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

Joke.
    The SPL can give all the grace that they want, but the huns will fail the following condition irrespective of the timing of report submission...

By not later than 31 March in each Season each Club and the Candidate Club must prove to the satisfaction of the Board that no Compensation, Development Contribution or any other sum was due or had become due and had not been paid in full to any other Club during the 12 month period prior to the immediately preceding 31 December

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    The SPL can give all the grace that they want, but the huns will fail the following condition irrespective of the timing of report submission...

By not later than 31 March in each Season each Club and the Candidate Club must prove to the satisfaction of the Board that no Compensation, Development Contribution or any other sum was due or had become due and had not been paid in full to any other Club during the 12 month period prior to the immediately preceding 31 December

Was there any installments due to any clubs prior to 31/12 2011 ? Maybe something for Jelavic , I'm not sure of any others.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Is that an SPL or SFA requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

I think it is part of the SFA club licensing rules, so it won't matter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod

I picked it up from SPL rules appendix 3 financial fair play

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I think it is part of the SFA club licensing rules, so it won't matter.
    Thought so. The fact that the SFA have been lenient in applying the licensing rules in relation to Hearts doesn't give me much confidence that they will apply the letter in Rangers' case.

I picked it up from SPL rules appendix 3 financial fair play
    Ah.... in that case, ignore what I just said...

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The decision will be taken on Wednesday according to reports.

The fixtures will not be a problem, well at least not for the SPL. They can simply substitute Dundee for Rangers.
    Yes but then someone would have to substitute lower down for Dundee, and someone else for the someone, and so on all down the divisions. No, it's far too much trouble and uncertainty - best to let HunFC carry on in the SPL.
    The silence is deafening about any CVA. Without one they will be liquidated before the end of the month as the cash will be gone. Duff and Duffer will not run the show if they cannot get their fees.
    'course there may be some large financial incentive for D&D to behave in a certain way, other than fees, that we don't know about yet...

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Yes but then someone would have to substitute lower down for Dundee, and someone else for the someone, and so on all down the divisions. No, it's far too much trouble and uncertainty - best to let HunFC carry on in the SPL.

'course there may be some large financial incentive for D&D to behave in a certain way, other than fees, that we don't know about yet...
    They're waiting for their EBT

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    A rangers fan just started laying into the SFA on twitter. Before I told him they're set to allow rangers back into the SPL. Then he said 'they need us more than we need them.' funny because last time I checked without the sfa you wouldn't have a league.
    Not true; the sfa don't organise leagues in our country, for senior clubs. That's the job of the SPL and the SFL. Even so, SPL, SFL and SFA are only governing bodies for Scottish clubs. Not one of them is required for groups of clubs to form and to play together in a league ... therefore, the clubs are more important than the governing bodies, and that's how it should be.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alf R View Post
    I have a nagging suspicion it all goes way back to how MIM and Rangers were financed.... Lloyds certainly spat the dummy once they got a look at Bank of Scots books. Murray was basically arm twisted to sell if he wanted to save anything of his empire..... I wonder if any BoS peeps were included in those EBTs? If they were, they wouldn't be the only non RFC & MIM people involved!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Damn ! Arrived too late to read it. Anything to do with a certain Police investigation at a certain bank ?
    Any similarity to what I (genuinely) surmised from reading info across a multitude of websites, and reality, is purely coincdential ............. and any similarity to people alive or dead, in jail or not ... is also a complete co-incidence

Only four clubs involved though, so it's not that much hassle.

Dundee to the SPL, Airdrie Utd to Division One, Stranraer to Division Two and Govan 1690 as the new entrant to Division Three.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ticketus have received their CVA proposal.

Must be galling for them to know that as soon as they accept it season tkt renewal forms will be sent out to Rangers fans and Rangers will earn more money than Ticketus. Ticketus had their money stolen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Only four clubs involved though, so it's not that much hassle.

Dundee to the SPL, Airdrie Utd to Division One, Stranraer to Division Two and Govan 1690 as the new entrant to Division Three.
    Dundee probably can't be a straightforward substitute for Rangers after the fixtures are published, though, as Dundee can't play at home on the same day as Dundee U. Rangers on the other hand can't be at home on the same day as Celtc. It'd all be too complicated. I'm coming round to Donkey D's view, that all things considered it'd be best to keep Rangers in the (top six of the) SPL.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Ticketus have received their CVA proposal.

Must be galling for them to know that as soon as they accept it season tkt renewal forms will be sent out to Rangers fans and Rangers will earn more money than Ticketus. Ticketus had their money stolen imo.
    Ahhh the classic long firm fraud Spike.........