hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 290 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,700 of 44390
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My apologies, allow me to be clearer.

I agree with everything you said which should happen however this program is going to change nothing, as much as we all want them to suffer properly it wont happen.
    OK, if I understand correctly, you are saying that the SPL and the SFL won't let it happen? I agree that those self-serving cowards would love to, and have tried their best, but my point is that it is out of their hands, now. The BBC, this nation's public service broadcaster, have pinned their colours to the mast: the sporting integrity mast. Which changes everything. To the extent that Sky/ESPN, sponsors etc will now have to change their tune and support sporting integrity as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    OK, if I understand correctly, you are saying that the SPL and the SFL won't let it happen? I agree that those self-serving cowards would love to, and have tried their best, but my point is that it is out of their hands, now. The BBC, this nation's public service broadcaster, have pinned their colours to the mast: the sporting integrity mast. Which changes everything. To the extent that Sky/ESPN, sponsors etc will now have to change their tune and support sporting integrity as well.
    Umm, Sky - Murdoch - News International - integrity??? Where've you been for the past few months?

None of them will support an SPL without an Old Firm. So, plus ca change.

Edit; them being Sky/ESPN, sponsors ...

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    I hope you are right with that and i would like to see nothing more than RFC getting their comeuppance. But yes the cynic in me thinks that despite the programme tonight we will still have donkeys like Doncaster coming out and defending them and doing everything in their power to preserve their status.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I hope you are right with that and i would like to see nothing more than RFC getting their comeuppance. But yes the cynic in me thinks that despite the programme tonight we will still have donkeys like Doncaster coming out and defending them and doing everything in their power to preserve their status.
    If anyone at the SFA or SPL brushes tonight's revelations under the carpet and continue to spout more rubbish about how Scottish football needs Rangers then the organisations that run our game are just as corrupt as the shower of cheating bassas that were shamed in tonight's programme.

If tonight's documentary and it's allegations make no significant change to the current administration setup at RFC then I'll be totally and utterly shocked. The conflict of interest is so blatantly obvious I see no other outcome but the removal of D&P.

I also can't see how this can't affect the current proposal to buy RFC. The whole deal was agreed with D&P therefore would a new administration team not have to renegotiate? Also, RFC don't have time on their side. Tonight's findings might just blow a huge hole in their bid to remain as a club under the current corporate structure.

Interesting days ahead I think.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I'm seriously considering paying my license fee!

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    Anyone know when its on the iplayer? Missed it. judging by the comments its a must see!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Umm, Sky - Murdoch - News International - integrity??? Where've you been for the past few months?

None of them will support an SPL without an Old Firm. So, plus ca change.

Edit; them being Sky/ESPN, sponsors ...
    That's exactly the point! A year ago they wouldn't have cared about integrity, but now they have to be seen to do the right thing. At this point in time, reputation means far more than revenue: it's a golden opportunity for them to say "we're supporting Scottish football and sprting integrity, etc, etc".

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
    If anyone at the SFA or SPL brushes tonight's revelations under the carpet and continue to spout more rubbish about how Scottish football needs Rangers then the organisations that run our game are just as corrupt as the shower of cheating bassas that were shamed in tonight's programme.

If tonight's documentary and it's allegations make no significant change to the current administration setup at RFC then I'll be totally and utterly shocked. The conflict of interest is so blatantly obvious I see no other outcome but the removal of D&P.

I also can't see how this can't affect the current proposal to buy RFC. The whole deal was agreed with D&P therefore would a new administration team not have to renegotiate? Also, RFC don't have time on their side. Tonight's findings might just blow a huge hole in their bid to remain as a club under the current corporate structure.

D+P's pathetic attempt at defending their position is that they were vaguely aware of Ticketus being involved, but only as a source of short-term working capital. As anyone involved in M+A work will know, that is complete b ollocks. It is inconceivable that Grier did not know how his client (Whyte) was funding the acquisition,

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post

Would expect HMRC to petition CoS tomorrow to get D&P removed as administrators, given the evidence of conflict of interest is now in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by brythehibby View Post
    Anyone know when its on the iplayer? Missed it. judging by the comments its a must see!
    Just back in from Gary Numan in Glasgow (yes, I know) and looking for a link to this.

Can anyone help me and Bry?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Just back in from Gary Numan in Glasgow (yes, I know) and looking for a link to this.

It's no up yet, it's listed as coming soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_the_Jerseys/

They always take forever to put up Scottish stuff, well, forever compared to stuff like Top Gear anyway, which pops up on iPlayer minutes after the show ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    It's no up yet, it's listed as coming soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_the_Jerseys/
    Cheers. If you see a link elsewhere, please let me know.

p.s. Brian from Doha says you look like Desperate Dan.
    Last edited by magpie1892; 23-05-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheers. If you see a link elsewhere, please let me know.

p.s. Brian from Doha says you look like Desperate Dan.

Gary Numan ? Think your already beyond help tbh.

First Team Breakthrough Supraninja's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: liamRnumber1
    Ta for the links! Whoever recorded this.. ASPECT RATIO WTF

Quote Originally Posted by crewetollhibee View Post
    Gary Numan ? Think your already beyond help tbh.
    I did put a caveat in there.

Each to their own - I was too young to see him when he was in his pomp...

I did put a caveat in there.

Each to their own - I was too young to see him when he was in his pomp...

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Is this not the worry?
    Rangers go into liquidation an form a new company, areallowed to continue to play in the spl.
    The revelations then apply to the old compny therefore, no action and the spl is rebranded as the rangers league.
    The spl is dead.
    I think the moral justification for the SPL allowing newco Rangers back into the SPL is waning fast. This whole saga is being shown to be a mess of mammoth proportions. The previous viewpoint which Doncaster and his SPL chums were banking on was along the lines that Rangers were the victims of one man, Mr Whyte, and therefore the Club were not totally culpable. Tonight's BBC allegations shift most of that blame onto David Murray and question the role of the administrators.

How the SPL ultimately deal with newco Rangers will be very much under the spotlight, more so than ever. If they re-instate newco Rangers they may not be able to fall back on the wegie press to defend their position
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 23-05-2012 at 11:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Is this not the worry?
    Rangers go into liquidation an form a new company, areallowed to continue to play in the spl.
    The revelations then apply to the old compny therefore, no action and the spl is rebranded as the rangers league.
    The spl is dead.
    If the club currently known as Rangers is liquidated and thus form a new club and should said new club be given Rangers place in the SPL expect to see several of clubs resigning from the SPL, ourselves and Celtic would probably be two of the first to leave.

Rangers in Administration

Is there a time period that the British goverment could go after these people who got EBT's for back taxesnot paid. Here in Canada it's 7years.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Is there a time period that the British goverment could go after these people who got EBT's for back taxesnot paid. Here in Canada it's 7years.
    Different tax system for employees. In US + Canada, individual gets his salary from employer then has to account to tax authorities. Most people in UK don't have to do that because the employer is responsible for deducting the appropriate amount of tax. If the employer operates an incorrect scheme or fails to declare something, then the payment is grossed up and the employer is liable for the difference.

UEFA must be interested in this.

The level of incompetence/dishonesty in Duff and Duffer is staggeringly hilarious.

If they're no punted, I am finished with the SPL forever.

If SKY/ESPN walk, in support of these crooks, then I'll cancel ma subs - I suggest we all do and tell them exactly why.

Billy Dudds and Dick Dung are lying bassas - and both should join Campbell O in the dole queue this week.

I look forward to the latest guff from Neil Dungcaster - should be some new guff to bemuse us soon.

Unfashionable as it is i feel sorry for the Rangers fans. I remember when we were shafted by a similar group of corrupt shysters and it's a horrible feeling.

The vast majority of punters at Ibrox are just normal guys who love their fitba albeit with a dodgy songbook thrown in.

I actually find the lust for blood amongst fans of other clubs, including ours, slightly distasteful and am thankful we didn't have to suffer anything like the same degree of scorn and vindictiveness back in the dark days of Duff, Gray Rowland et al.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Unfashionable as it is i feel sorry for the Rangers fans. I remember when we were shafted by a similar group of corrupt shysters and it's a horrible feeling.

The vast majority of punters at Ibrox are just normal guys who love their fitba albeit with a dodgy songbook thrown in.

I actually find the lust for blood amongst fans of other clubs, including ours, slightly distasteful and am thankful we didn't have to suffer anything like the same degree of scorn and vindictiveness back in the dark days of Duff, Gray Rowland et al.
    As dodgy as our shysters were, they were piss poor amatuers compared to what seems to have gone on at the huns.

And the lust for blood? Well, that might have something to do with the sackful of trophies garnered by the club as the cheating gathered pace. Who wouldn't feel bitter about that?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Huns were more than happy to lord it over everyone. Don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime. To compare systematic cheating over a prolonged period with the incompetence of Duff & Gray is laughable.

Fair play to you for giving a view at odd with the majority on here.
    The more we hear about what went on at Rangers the angrier I get. Last nights programme laid waste to the 'Craig Whyte did it and ran away' argument. Murray is as big a shyster as Whyte. The removal of SPL status and titles won during their years of cheating should be the minimum punishment.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

I agree with you that their fans have been wronged. As said above, though, Rangers have massive achievements to their name on the back of their dodgy financial dealings - at the expense of others, and in a way which distorted the financial outlook on the game in Scotland. A lot of the anger is about the fact that Rangers, the footballing authorities, and Chairmen of some other clubs appear to value Rangers' presence in the SPL ahead of sporting integrity, and the sporting interests of the other teams.

I don't think the current crisis has much in common with our dark days. We had to dig ourselves out of that, with the help of STF, and would almost certainly have not been offered the kind of assistance that Rangers, Doncaster et al are looking for. We would have been left to rot.