hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 249 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1491992392472482492502512592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Bwah ha ha ha.The fools fight each other:

http://forum.rangers...pic=219541& st=0
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This also assumes that ALL potential customers are at a game when Rangers are playing. It doesn't take into account non-Rangers sympathetic potential customers who could/would attend SPL games if their teams were more competitive as a result of Rangers demise (or happier bringing their children to games not polluted by sectarian bile). I would guess that there are teams like Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, etc who could well attract larger crowds in a better league.
    exactly right.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alf R View Post
    Read this from Chick, the man's 100% right!

"The death of the Ibrox club would toll the bell for the Scottish game. In fact, it may already be too late. It strikes me that too many have little concept of how serious the situation really is.

Those who want Rangers wiped from the face of the planet for their misdemeanours, who want their chairmen to don the black cap when it comes to judgement day, are entitled to their opinion, but they should be prepared to live with the consequences.

Consider this: on a match day when Rangers are at home and Celtic away, far in excess of half the paying customers in the SPL are at Ibrox.

Remind me on what basis you can dispense with half your custom and still thrive and you, my friend, have found the secret of business heaven."

See!.... 100% right....

Ah.... just spotted a flaw....

do the other teams get money from Ibrox for ALL those fans he's goin' on aboot?.... shared oot is it?

Either RFC have been holding back the dosh or as earlier posts may have mentioned.... he's an erse!
    I don't recall chick claiming Scottish football would die when rangers and Celtic were trying their hardest to move out of the spl.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    I don't recall chick claiming Scottish football would die when rangers and Celtic were trying their hardest to move out of the spl.
    That's because, as far as he is concerned, Scottish football (in the guise of the Old Firm) would be going strong. The media use the 'for the good of the Scottish game' line as a reason to save them. They're not actually that bothered about the rest of Scottish football.

Read this from Chick, the man's 100% right!

"The death of the Ibrox club would toll the bell for the Scottish game. In fact, it may already be too late. It strikes me that too many have little concept of how serious the situation really is.

Those who want Rangers wiped from the face of the planet for their misdemeanours, who want their chairmen to don the black cap when it comes to judgement day, are entitled to their opinion, but they should be prepared to live with the consequences.

Consider this: on a match day when Rangers are at home and Celtic away, far in excess of half the paying customers in the SPL are at Ibrox.

Remind me on what basis you can dispense with half your custom and still thrive and you, my friend, have found the secret of business heaven."

See!.... 100% right....

Ah.... just spotted a flaw....

do the other teams get money from Ibrox for ALL those fans he's goin' on aboot?.... shared oot is it?

Either RFC have been holding back the dosh or as earlier posts may have mentioned.... he's an erse!

Calm doon Chico. When the huns are liquidised the cuddly bears will go and support their local teams.

Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    or strike a deal to HMRC to take over club as payment n call them HMRC UTD
    And as part of the deal Ibrox will be re-named the Inland Revenue Arena*

*Can't remember who first posted that, but it's good.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    And as part of the deal Ibrox will be re-named the Inland Revenue Arena*

*Can't remember who first posted that, but it's good.
    That's only Provisional though.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This also assumes that ALL potential customers are at a game when Rangers are playing. It doesn't take into account non-Rangers sympathetic potential customers who could/would attend SPL games if their teams were more competitive as a result of Rangers demise (or happier bringing their children to games not polluted by sectarian bile). I would guess that there are teams like Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, etc who could well attract larger crowds in a better league.

A hit! A very palpable hit!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    With this massive information overload i am now confusing myself as to the goings on with the people! Can someone please advise me if/what the significance is on them concluding a deal before the end of the season?

Is it purely down to money being perceived to run out after this weekend or is there something to do with SPL regulations?

The Further Misadventures Of Jimmy The Succulent Lamb
    (And His Faithful Lapdog Chico)

"Ohhh baa! Oh baa! Ohhh baastaard!"

"Hey you, what are you getting your fleece in a knot about, my succulent lamb?"

"Ohhh Mr Ernest, Siiir! We've discovered a huge hole, and Chico's got his head stuuuck in it!"

"A hole? That's Chico's always sticking his head in the ground!"

"It wasn't ouuur fault, siiiir. Mr Duuuff and Mr Pheeelps never told aaanyone it was therrrre!"

"That's what happens when you stumble around in the dark thinking you can see clearly only by the light of minty moonbeams! Hold on while I pull him out!"

"Thank you officer! I was trying to retrieve my St Mirren fan club certificate!"

"Your St Mirren fan club certificate? A likely story, Chico! Right you two, how deep is this here hole you've found?"

"Ohhh, Mr Ernest, siiir, it runs all the way to the Biiig Houuuse, and it is at least thirty million deep?"

"Thirty million? What? Inches? Feet? Miles?"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    The only sensible option as far as I can see, if common sense prevailed is

1/ Liquidise the gremlins, put them out their misery.

2/ Sell all their assets, players, property, whatever, to minimise the debts they have.

3/ All the sullied silverware in their tarnished trophy room should be melted down and sold for scrap.

4/ They may be allowed to re-enter Scottish football at the lowest level, if they show some form of contrition for years of cheating.

5/ Ibrox is seized by HMRC and rented back on a rent to buy basis. When they have paid enough rent to pay back their debts ( somewhere between £11m and £134m by all accounts plus interest ) then Ibrox belongs to them. Obviously all maintenance and modernisation necessary in this period is paid for by the football club. This may take a few years, but they have cheated their way to glory for a couple of decades!

It shouldn't take them too long to reach the top level of Scottish football, with crowds of 40,000+ for their home games against Peterhead, the Shire, Montrose etc. and I would welcome a contrite, non-sectarian newco Govan Gumbies into the SPL in about the year 2030.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Even the west coast press are turning against them now:

http://heraldscotland.com/sport/foot...-game.17543834

This article pretty much lays all the cards on the table and it doesn't make good reading for Der Huns :O

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    The only sensible option as far as I can see, if common sense prevailed is

1/ Liquidise the gremlins, put them out their misery.

2/ Sell all their assets, players, property, whatever, to minimise the debts they have.

3/ All the sullied silverware in their tarnished trophy room should be melted down and sold for scrap.

4/ They may be allowed to re-enter Scottish football at the lowest level, if they show some form of contrition for years of cheating.

5/ Ibrox is seized by HMRC and rented back on a rent to buy basis. When they have paid enough rent to pay back their debts ( somewhere between £11m and £134m by all accounts plus interest ) then Ibrox belongs to them. Obviously all maintenance and modernisation necessary in this period is paid for by the football club. This may take a few years, but they have cheated their way to glory for a couple of decades!

It shouldn't take them too long to reach the top level of Scottish football, with crowds of 40,000+ for their home games against Peterhead, the Shire, Montrose etc. and I would welcome a contrite, non-sectarian newco Govan Gumbies into the SPL in about the year 2030.
    I am surprised nobody in the media has suggested the obvious solution to this debacle. I know for a fact that many in the media considered this a great way to rescue a struggling team and make them a competitive force in Scottish football. Yes you guessed it.....................................it's called the Mercer approach.

All that's needed is for Celtic to buy the shell that is Rangers. They could call it a merger, name them Glasgow United and have them playing at Parkhead in hoops. Increase Parkhead to hold the 100,000 fans every week. They would become a European power house and would bring huge money in to the Scottish game.

Can't undertand why nobody has come up with it after all they thought it would be great for us.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    And lets not forget what Duff & Duffer said way back 3 months ago...

"David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, of Duff and Phelps, sought to clarify the firm's position as they begin the task of dealing with Rangers's fate.

A grave looking Mr Clark read a brief statement declaring "...As administrators we have a statutory duty to act in the best interests of all creditors and we will fulfil that function diligently."

Well Mr. Clark as a bystander I have to say you aren't making it that obvious. The one group of people I feel sorry for in this debacle are the creditors because I certainly don't think they will be getting back anywhere near £1 for every £1 they are owed the way you guys at D&P are running things at the moment.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post

This article pretty much lays all the cards on the table and it doesn't make good reading for Der Huns :O
    Yikes! If I were Mr Paul Clark or Mr David Whitehouse, I would be sh itting bricks...

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The plot seems to have thickened into an almighty mess of orange goo. This could drag on in courts for years as claims and counter-claims and appeals are issued. The administrators don't really seem to have known what they are doing. They evidently decided that the best strategy was to talk up a quick deal, but it seems that everyone who has seen the extent of the debt and outstanding potential constraints has ran a mile. They appear to have no plan B.
    They can't afford him. Too busy appearing in Bulmer's adverts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUes4f6aeQI

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    It seems uncertain what division, if any, Rangers will play in next season, and what sort of a club they will be.
    Bigoted with a hue of orange. Or should that be Hugh?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    'The Sting' is on STV now, i'l look out for any references to the govan crooks

Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post

Interesting and refreshing article!

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Newspaper
    His (Miller's) bid had been "substantially" better than anything else on the table, Duff & Phelps told us last week. The administrators have a major credibility problem now but that's the least of it all. Brian Kennedy has said all along that he would rescue Rangers if no-one else could but last night it was being suggested that even he felt they may have reached the point of no return. The Blue Knights are all heart but the administrators claim they've fallen well short of coming up with the readies to deliver a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA). There's no shame in that: it would cost £10m for a realistic CVA offer and the projections are then for £10m, £5m and £5m losses in the three years without European football (once reduced costs but also reduced season-ticket income is factored in). That's £30m for three years of precious little beyond survival. More to the point The Knights cannot deliver Craig Whyte's shares, which is a prerequisite of a CVA.
    So basically they are donald ducked!

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Newspaper
    The story moves at the pace of a fast-flowing, dangerous river and it's hurtling Rangers towards the brink. In a matter of minutes yesterday the furore about the SPL tearing itself apart over what to do with a newco was entirely replaced by the prospect of having no application to consider. But potentially the economic devastation of no Rangers either, which would mean Sky and ESPN seeking renegotiation on their television deal, millions being wiped off the other clubs' collective income, and potentially others falling into administration too.
    Reading the above, it is going to be difficult for any team to build a squad for next season with the risk hanging that Sky & ESPN will seek to renegotiate their deal. It could cost clubs around a million pounds per annum.

I also see that the once famous Glasgow Rangers FC football fans are targetting the HMRC next. WTF are they planning? Not paying their taxes!

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Funny how a Scottish newspaper can't report the truth about what's going on...

http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/ED...nt-for-Rangers

SINGAPORE - Barely three weeks after it looked over, the bid by the consortium led by Singaporean Bill Ng to land embattled Scottish Premier League giants Glasgow Rangers is on again.

And in a surprising twist, he could now have the club at just half of his group's initial offer of £20 million (S$40.4 million).

This after American tycoon Bill Miller withdrew his on Tuesday (yesterday morning, Singapore time), which left Rangers, already mired in debts of about £55.4 million, hanging by a thread as they are expected to run out of money by the end of this month.

Without any bids on the table, it triggered a desperate flurry of calls by club administrators Duff & Phelps to interest other parties and for Ng, who is chairman of S-League club Hougang United, to revive his bid.

With the possibility of the 54-time Scottish Premier League champions slipping off the footballing map, they are now even willing to listen to offers that match or are even lower than Miller's £11.6 million offer - almost half of what the club expected when they went into administration in mid-February.

"It is really crazy," Ng, who was already fast asleep when the latest events unfolded in Glasgow, told Today. "There were something like 20 missed calls from Scotland on my phone when I woke up.

"I am now told they are willing to accept 50 per cent of what I had initially offered. It seems they are now more receptive and no longer digging in their heels with unrealistic demands."

Besides the Singapore group, the only one identified in the latest effort to find new owners for the club, two other bids have been submitted at the 11th hour by another foreign consortium and a group of British businessmen.

The interest from Ng's group, with their £20-million offer, was first revealed in March as one of five parties, which dwindled to three last month, in the chase for Rangers.

They emerged as the front runners after the Blue Knights, spearheaded by former club director Paul Murray, dropped out on April 16 only for Ng to follow suit four days later, with claims that Rangers administrators were "shifting the goalposts" too often during negotiations.

Said the 52-year-old businessman: "We've always said we are interested in Rangers but any deal that is concluded has to be realistic. The previous time, we were allowed to sell players, but not buy any for the next season, which is not practical.

"I'll concede that I am a fan only and my expertise is limited, but the problem at Rangers can be fixed with a restructuring plan. So, after shuttling up and down the UK in the last couple of months, I'm leaving it this time to my agents there to handle negotiations."

Administrators were expected to accept Miller's cutthroat price when he was the only bidder left, but his withdrawal now points to an even deeper financial crisis the 140-year-old institution are in.

Although he has been an unpopular figure among fans at Glasgow with his plans to liquidate Rangers, in walking away the American tycoon said it was a decision that "was entirely pragmatic and based upon his examination of the income and expenditure streams".

Administrators added that Miller's uneasiness were chiefly over "legacy contracts, the limitation of potential revenue streams and the expectation of required investment".

It is an ominous warning to any new owners, including Ng, of a quagmire that awaits them once they are handed the keys to Ibrox Stadium.

An observer in Glasgow, who has been tracking the Rangers bid, felt Ng should not get involved.

"It's a mess at Rangers and I'd strongly advise he walk away, for the sake of his sanity if nothing else," said the observer.

"If his bid goes wrong, he will have irate Rangers fans pestering and threatening him, as Bill Miller found out."
    Of course, the high quality objective journalists in Scotland "reported" this as D&P having three back-up plans on the go while they were talking to Miller. Why do I suspect the version where Miller was the bidder, he pulled out, D&P thought "oh ****" and started ringing round anyone they had heard of is more plausible?
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 10-05-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Got this earlier from another forum

Reasons for demolishing a Listed Building:

a.the building is not of special interest; or
    b.the building is incapable of repair; or
    c.the demolition of the building is essential to delivering significant
    benefits to economic growth or the wider community; or
    d.the repair of the building is not economically viable and that it has been marketed at a price reflecting its location and condition to potential restoring purchasers for a reasonable period.

I'm SURE they could get something out of that so Ibrox can be put out its misery!

And on Murray Park

the West of Scotland ground is currently subject to a Waitrose planning application. so basically W of S can move along to Murray Park
    I understand that Historic Scotland have a particular way of interpreting that particular wording which is quite different to what most people will have!

I understand also that it is rare for HS not to resist demolition of even the most run down Listed Building or those having no particular or relevant economic or community benefit of any significant nature!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    I understand also that it is rare for HS not to resist demolition ...
    It's too early in the morning for triple negatives!

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Funny how a Scottish newspaper can't report the truth about what's going on...

http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/ED...nt-for-Rangers

Of course, the high quality objective journalists in Scotland "reported" this as D&P having three back-up plans on the go while they were talking to Miller. Why do I suspect the version where Miller was the bidder, he pulled out, D&P thought "oh ****" and started ringing round anyone they had heard of is more plausible?
    This is getting beyond confusing. Why did Haudit and Daudit name Windy Miller as preferred buyer at £11.2million when Ng was offering £20million?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    This is getting beyond confusing. Why did Haudit and Daudit name Windy Miller as preferred buyer at £11.2million when Ng was offering £20million?

BilliNg withdrew his offer as Fudd and Flips kept moving the goalposts
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    It's too early in the morning for triple negatives!
    Defo not "For the avoidance of doubt" LOL ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    BilliNg withdrew his offer as Fudd and Flips kept moving the goalposts
    Fudd & Flips are working for one guy. Craigy boy. He installed them as administrators & he is pulling their strings. According to F & F the new bidders have come to a deal with Whyte whereby he will sell his shares for £1. Call me cynical, but guys like Whyte do not do charity. Under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ****pile View Post
    Fudd & Flips are working for one guy. Craigy boy. He installed them as administrators & he is pulling their strings. According to F & F the new bidders have come to a deal with Whyte whereby he will sell his shares for £1. Call me cynical, but guys like Whyte do not do charity. Under any circumstances.
    Especially as he seems to be IT as far as the Ticketus deal is concerned.

Incredible bit from the Record this morning on Hun players:

Whitehouse: “The advice we have had is that their employment contracts would TUPE over to the new company.

“If they resisted that and said, ‘We don’t want to transfer’ there would then be agreement between club and SFA as to whether their registration could transfer to the new club.

“With the co-operation of the SFA our understanding is that they would work to secure a scenario where the players would have to transfer abroad, because they would not be registered in England or in Scotland.

“So, to cut to the chase, we think the risk there is low.”
    So, he's saying that the SFA has agreed to collude with Der Hun to force the players to accept their contracts going to NewHuns or they'll freeze them out of British football? Even if it's true, SFA vs Employment law, bit of a mismatch I'd have thought.