hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 236 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1361862262342352362372382462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,080 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't. I think it is pure unadulterated greed on behalf of the Directors.

Spoke to a director of a SPL club this morning re Steven Thompson's "dilemma" which seemingly is causing him a lot of heart searching. One of the fears is that with any potential loss of income the club could really struggle to survive as all contracts are worked out on budgets. The Bank Managers don't want to hear about morals when it comes to paying bills over the short term. Basically don't have sympathy with that argument as I was always taught to stand up for your beliefs. Hibs have done it for years and look at the grief they have had on this message board apart from in the wider world. Why should they continue to be penalised for behaving. Imagine if we were to suffer the ultimate penalty and get relegated this season for trying to budget. Where is the justice in that?

At this moment in time I feel like a guy who has found out his girlfriend has cheated on him again. Do you forgive or finally make the right decision and tell her to get tae? Do you still speak to friends who knew all along what was going on or do you shut them out your life as well because basically you don't need friends like that. You know eventually you will find something to replace the void so are you big enough to make the right decision.

Without being too dramatic tonight could be my last time inside Easter Road and that is a strange feeling.
    I do think that every single club wants Rangers to face a proper punishment, it's just that they have more to consider than just what is right for the game. Their first priority is what is right for their club. Relegating Rangers to the 3rd Division is certainly not the best option as far as we are concerned, it is, however, the only option as far as sporting integrity is concerned, and as far as the continued support and love of the Scottish game of the fans. It's a difficult decision but they have to stand tall.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Talking about threats , has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers or even found out the source of the first twitter, post or whatever put out those individuals details.

My bet the info came direct from Rangers Football Club, a disgusting , corrupt and poisonous institution that has no place in Scottish society.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    Can't help but wonder what the late Ernie Walker, Jim Farry and Willie Allan would have made of this whole debacle and how they would have handled it.
    Er.....,

Things would never had gone on this long, thats for sure.

Rangers would be sailing along as normal with everything brushed under the carpet.

"As a reminder; Celtic, Motherwell & St.Johnstone as the clubs represented on the SPL board, along with R Topping and N Doncaster."

Pie & Bovril Twitter post - says that these are the only people who will make the decision re newco Rangers getting into SPL

There are two things we as fans can do to show our feelings on this matter.

Firstly, let the clubs know that the effect on attendances if clubs vote the newco straight back into the SPL will be negative BUT, in the opposite scenario, we have to be able to commit to a financial benefit to the other clubs as well.

If the 'other 10' are worried about losing the visiting support of Rangers twice a season, then it will take commitment on behalf of the supporters to help make up for that loss, by turning up more often in the case of PATG or perhaps committing to a Season Ticket.

To me, I would be prepared to put more into Hibs in this way if I thought it was rewarding "Morals over Money".

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    The problem is the clubs can calculate how much demoting rangers will cost them, what they can't work out is how much saving them will cost!!

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    The problem is the clubs can calculate how much demoting rangers will cost them, what they can't work out is how much saving them will cost!!
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    "As a reminder; Celtic, Motherwell & St.Johnstone as the clubs represented on the SPL board, along with R Topping and N Doncaster."

Pie & Bovril Twitter post - says that these are the only people who will make the decision re newco Rangers getting into SPL
    I think we all know which way Topper and Doncaster will be casting their vote, so unfortunately it's a foregone conclusion.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers
    In any decently run organisation, McCoist would have been exphunged for this by now.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar

Integrity

This is a chance to overturn Scottish football and bring it back for the fans and the quality of football on the pitch. Integrity must be at the forefront or Scottish football will be a laughing stock and I for one will not be happy.

Lets punish Rangers and start fresh - The Germans did a huge change 10 years ago and now have the most supported leagues in the world.

Wage caps for all clubs - makes parity for all concerned and encourages Homegrown talent as not able to afford foreign stars. National team will then improve

Reduced pricing at the gate - average price for Bundesliga game is 13 euros and that includes local transport.

I dont know what will work in our game but lets at least do something now - 16 teams in a league for a start and not playing each other 4 times a season which is a big killer of our game.

Lets think to Scotlands future even if its 5 or 10 years down the line we need a drastic change as look at all team and league attendences this season - Premier league games with 3000 people is poor.

I see this as a oppurtunity I hope for the games sake in our country which I love they do something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    This is a chance to overturn Scottish football and bring it back for the fans and the quality of football on the pitch. Integrity must be at the forefront or Scottish football will be a laughing stock and I for one will not be happy.

Lets punish Rangers and start fresh - The Germans did a huge change 10 years ago and now have the most supported leagues in the world.

Wage caps for all clubs - makes parity for all concerned and encourages Homegrown talent as not able to afford foreign stars. National team will then improve

Reduced pricing at the gate - average price for Bundesliga game is 13 euros and that includes local transport.

I dont know what will work in our game but lets at least do something now - 16 teams in a league for a start and not playing each other 4 times a season which is a big killer of our game.

Lets think to Scotlands future even if its 5 or 10 years down the line we need a drastic change as look at all team and league attendences this season - Premier league games with 3000 people is poor.

I see this as a oppurtunity I hope for the games sake in our country which I love they do something positive.
    Been saying the exact same for all of this

Sure it will be murder for a year or 2 - but it's murder now and it will only be worse knowing the corruption in the SPL. Time fro drastic change and an opportunity to change people's attitudes in the Scotland

I agree with your general idea but it's important to state actual facts. The average price for a Bundesliga game is a lot more than 13 Euros. I would say it was somewhere in the 25-35 Euro bracket. There are often areas of the stadium where you can get in for 14 Euros, standing room only, but this is subsidised by often very high prices for seating and the TV money.

For instance, Wolfsburg, a mid level Bundesliga team, have this price range

A 50
    B 45
    C 35
    D 30
    F 22
    G 15 (Standing)

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I agree with your general idea but it's important to state actual facts. The average price for a Bundesliga game is a lot more than 13 Euros. I would say it was somewhere in the 25-35 Euro bracket. There are often areas of the stadium where you can get in for 14 Euros, standing room only, but this is subsidised by often very high prices for seating and the TV money.

For instance, Wolfsburg, a mid level Bundesliga team, have this price range

A 50
    B 45
    C 35
    D 30
    F 22
    G 15 (Standing)

The German pricing structure is an excellent model that allows fans from all walks of life to attend. However, money is still a driver. The large corporates that invest heavily in the likes of Bayern Munich via seating, hospitality, sponsorship and commercial partnerships, plus those supporters willing to pay more for 'vantage points' in the stadium mean the cheaper tickets can be subsidised. Of course, you then have the TV income.

Don't get me wrong though, the Germans are so far ahead of us is getting it right in all aspects of the sport.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post

The German pricing structure is an excellent model that allows fans from all walks of life to attend. However, money is still a driver. The large corporates that invest heavily in the likes of Bayern Munich via seating, hospitality, sponsorship and commercial partnerships, plus those supporters willing to pay more for 'vantage points' in the stadium mean the cheaper tickets can be subsidised. Of course, you then have the TV income.

Don't get me wrong though, the Germans are so far ahead of us is getting it right in all aspects of the sport.
    I'm somebody that has defended the board in terms of pricing as they charge what they need to charge but i'm changing my mind on that, current prices aren't working so we need to look at doing things differently. By that i don't mean have a buy one get one free offer with the shirts.

I personally found the season ticket prices for next season insulting so i've not renewed and i think if it wasn't for getting to the cup final we'd have seen a record low, if we are to recover i don't think getting a good team on the park will be enough, we need to really look at doing something completely radical so if something could be agreed with the SPL then nows the time to do it.

I don't know if this is workable but one option could be a fixed price to get in agreed with all clubs and the lower prices could be subsidised by the TV companies, it's in there interests for stadiums to be full as well.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Talking about threats , has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers or even found out the source of the first twitter, post or whatever put out those individuals details.

My bet the info came direct from Rangers Football Club, a disgusting , corrupt and poisonous institution that has no place in Scottish society.
    No, and nothing about their sectarian singing clearly audible at several games over the last few weeks. Our official sight has a link warning us of our obligations now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fe...631950,00.html

The offence will cover sectarian and other offensive chanting and threatening behaviour related to football which is likely to cause public disorder.It covers:
    Expressing or inciting religious, racial or other forms of hatred.
    The sooner they are closed down for the good of society the better. An organisation that panders to idiots stuck in time about 300 years ago.

The big issue today is that I suspect they think they are choosing between keeping things as they are, and losing Rangers income.

What they appear to not realise, or some of them anyway, is it is a choice between having no Rangers fans to make money off of, or having nobody but Rangers fans to make money off of.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar

Does that mean we could sign Ribery, Roben and Boateng?

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Trinity Hibs ... Top Marks ... Are you Earnie Walker's secret dossier ?
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318558

CELTIC fans’ chief Joe O’Rourke has vowed that the Hoops’ travelling support will stay away from the grounds of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions on Rangers when the SPL members meetto discuss possible penalties for newcos.

i imagine most people will see this as a good thing, all old firm fans boycotting ER
    but, anything that's done by fans of every SPL club to make sure proper punishment is meted out to the tax-dodging cheats is a good thing

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Let's make our views known by simply chanting the name of John Yorkston tonight.

Once we are 3 goals up and finished singing 'Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries' though !

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

CELTIC fans’ chief Joe O’Rourke has vowed that the Hoops’ travelling support will stay away from the grounds of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions on Rangers when the SPL members meetto discuss possible penalties for newcos.

i imagine most people will see this as a good thing, all old firm fans boycotting ER
    but, anything that's done by fans of every SPL club to make sure proper punishment is meted out to the tax-dodging cheats is a good thing
    This will be the 'holier than thou' celtic fans is it? The same ones found guilty by UEFA for rule breaches on sectarian singing on two occasions?
    **** them too.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Will they be staying away from Celtic Park once it becomes apparent that their own club are most likely the cheer leaders for keeping their bigoted brethren in the SPL I wonder...

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ****pile View Post
    This will be the 'holier than thou' celtic fans is it? The same ones found guilty by UEFA for rule breaches on sectarian singing on two occasions?
    **** them too.

as an honest tax payer of this country...i would rather have my little sensitive ears hurt, rather than my pocket :)

oh and p.s. i believe the buns were also found guilty(and fined, and home ground closed for one game) because of sectarian singing....the point remains....anything that can ensure proper punishment against the cheats the better, jeezo i even hope the yamboids join in as well

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno;3212984[B
    ]Let's make our views known by simply chanting the name of John Yorkston tonight. [/B]

Once we are 3 goals up and finished singing 'Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries' though !

Good point Seveno a bit of solidarity wouldn't go amiss if you ask me, about time people come out from behind the keyboards let it be known

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Paul McConville's updated his blog..... if I read it right the SPL just need to delay amy decison for another week..... then the Huns only route back in is via the 3rd Division...... I think

Rangers & the Incubator – Part 3 - What Have Newco, SPL and SFA To Do? http://t.co/eApHM0ev

https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/s...04019952111616

SPL meeting adjourned till the 30th.

Just heard....

Chris McLaughlin(BBC)

SPL meeting on financial fair play adjourned again, reconvenes on 30th.

Caroline Henderson‏@STVCaroline

#SPL have adjourned again until 30th #rangers representatives didn't turn up John Yorkston appeared frustrated and disappointed

Bill Miller won't be getting his assurances till it's too late then hopefully.