hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 202 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1021521922002012022032042122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,060 of 44390
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody needs to get a grip inside Ibrox. Ally McCoist and the PR machine knew exactly what they were doing earlier this week. Shame their "lunatic fringe" numbers a few more than the average club!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...ign=sportsound
    He is completely, 100% wrong. Given the court cases, the postal bombs and the parliamentary investigations he is surely especially required to take cognisance of the lunatic fringe associated with the Old Firm. To do otherwise is not only morally wrong, it is dangerously wrong and a dereliction of his responsibility as a person of serious influence with the support.

Veneer of cheeky chappy nice guy dropping a bit? He's just Lennon with charisma.
    Last edited by Twa Cairpets; 27-04-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: sheeky?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    He is completely, 100% wrong. Given the court cases, the postal bombs and the parliamentary investigations he is surely especially required to take cognisance of the lunatic fringe associated with the Old Firm. To do otherwise is not only morally wrong, it is dangerously wrong and a dereliction of his responsibility as a person of serious influence with the support.

Veneer of cheeky chappy nice guy dropping a bit? He's just Lennon with charisma.

Evidence of the McCoist character was there for all to see back in August 1986, when he thumped Mark Fulton from behind - then ran away - during the famous 'Souness Brawl'.

There's just no enough to hate them for!! Get them tae ****!

Coaching Staff
    Very insidious comments from McCoist in my opinion. Calculated, thoughtless and selfish. But he will be the apple of the media's eye.

Alex Salmond's been awfy quiet eh.....strange he doesn't interfere to condemn acts of threats and intimidation, yet is bang in front of the camera supporting this horrible football club's existence in 'Scottish society!'.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Even with BTC going totally in Hun favour (v unlikely), HMRC prob a little over the 25% line. With BTC they are easily over. However, if Ticketus are in the creditor pile then they too will have a veto, unless BTC case goes 100% HMRC with near absolute max penalties.

For your last question, think the answer is they'll do both!
    The Small Tax case has been conceded by Rangers. It is only the additional penalties that have to be sorted. That will put HMRC way over the 25% threshold to block a CVA.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Very insidious comments from McCoist in my opinion. Calculated, thoughtless and selfish. But he will be the apple of the media's eye.

Alex Salmond's been awfy quiet eh.....strange he doesn't interfere to condemn acts of threats and intimidation, yet is bang in front of the camera supporting this horrible football club's existence in 'Scottish society!'.
    Salmond is up to his neck in things with his past relationships with Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump. He needs to keep a low profile for a while.

He can't really expect to attract the Union Flag waving bigots to his cause anyway?

Testimonial Due
    Anything that happens to Rangers is going to set the precedent for what should happen to any team that conducts themselves in a similar manor, or a similar end financial position. I am not surprised in the slightest that Vlad has ordered him to say this.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Hope all you people who want RFC to be killed off realise that Easter Road will be much poorer without the likes of these fun loving footy fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17869217

They are also big into interior design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17565741

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I said this right after it was announced. I don't think that the SFA have the spine to stand up to those cretins. Never mind, the embargo being reduced/dismissed, it should be increased for the way the Orcs have behaved this week.
    That's what should happen if Rangers do appeal this decision and lose it, up the embargo ban to 18 months, i just can't see what they have to appeal about, they have cheated for years and are now paying the punishment for it.

McCoist should be hauled in front of the SFA for his comments the other day there on Rangers TV about him wanting or demanding to know who sat on the panel, hey presto next day they are named and now under police protection after receiving death threats.

In fact forget about the SFA, what the ****** are Strathclyde Police thinking about regarding the behaviour of McCoist and Lennon on and off the pitch in recent weeks, its about time Strathclyde's finest had a strong word with them and let them know if there behaviour on and of the pitch does not improve they will find there selfs making an appearance in court.

I know its always about them, but the last couple of seasons they have turned the SPL in to there own we circus and they are getting away with it, SFA/SPL/SPF grow a pair and get it sorted for the good of the rest of the clubs in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    Hope all you people who want RFC to be killed off realise that Easter Road will be much poorer without the likes of these fun loving footy fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17869217

They are also big into interior design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17565741

Ach, your being a bit harsh there

I'ts just a bit playful banter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA4G...eature=related

**** of the earth

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Anything that happens to Rangers is going to set the precedent for what should happen to any team that conducts themselves in a similar manor, or a similar end financial position. I am not surprised in the slightest that Vlad has ordered him to say this.

Think people are being a tad harsh on Sergio here. If we didn't have PF and we had to make a choice between Sergio and either of the odious individuals in charge at the OF I know who I would take. Lennon is a lunatic and McCoist has lost the plot, he is even defending his actions from earlier this week. Read his piece
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=poolman;3198965]

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Could experienced administration watchers explain something to me.

If a group is given preferred bidder status does that mean in the eyes of the administrator the new owners have a deal that would be acceptable to creditors or is it just the best offer they have on the table? Can this deal fall through if the creditors turn round and say no this is not acceptable or would it seem it is a 'fait accompli'?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    [QUOTE=Spike Mandela;3198978]
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

If a group is given preferred bidder status does that mean in the eyes of the administrator the new owners have a deal that would be acceptable to creditors or is it just the best offer they have on the table? Can this deal fall through if the creditors turn round and say no this is not acceptable or would it seem it is a 'fait accompli'?

I am pretty sure that this is just the first step in the process in that a preferred bidder now has to attepm to put together a CVA.

[QUOTE=Spike Mandela;3198978]
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

The preferred bidder will be able to negotiate with the creditors to secure a CVA.

In some cases the preferred bidder will be able to handle the day-to-day running of the club. This happened with Steve Archibald at Airdrie. In that case the whole thing fell apart and Ardrieonians were liquidated at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=jgl07;3198980]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

The preferred bidder will be able to negotiate with the creditors to secure a CVA.

In some cases the preferred bidder will be able to handle the day-to-day running of the club. This happened with Steve Archibald at Airdrie. In that case the whole thing fell apart and Ardrieonians were liquidated at the end of the season.
    Thanks to a David Murray subsidiary who closed them down over a debt of something like £30k if I recollect. What goes araound, comes around and all that.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    That's what should happen if Rangers do appeal this decision and lose it, up the embargo ban to 18 months, i just can't see what they have to appeal about, they have cheated for years and are now paying the punishment for it.

McCoist should be hauled in front of the SFA for his comments the other day there on Rangers TV about him wanting or demanding to know who sat on the panel, hey presto next day they are named and now under police protection after receiving death threats.

In fact forget about the SFA, what the ****** are Strathclyde Police thinking about regarding the behaviour of McCoist and Lennon on and off the pitch in recent weeks, its about time Strathclyde's finest had a strong word with them and let them know if there behaviour on and of the pitch does not improve they will find there selfs making an appearance in court.

I know its always about them, but the last couple of seasons they have turned the SPL in to there own we circus and they are getting away with it, SFA/SPL/SPF grow a pair and get it sorted for the good of the rest of the clubs in Scotland.
    Did I not read some where that the SFA "would welcome an appeal against the sanctions by Rangers Football Club." ? Surely this is a transparent indication that they will rescind or at least reduce the sanctions.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Ally McCoist video game from 2001 had an option to dodge taxes

http://sport.stv.tv/blog/305161-ally...ins-tax-dodge/

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    Ally learns from his previous mistake???

"And while McCoist would not divulge who Duff and Phelps are currently negotiating with, he believes forward steps are being taken.
    He said: "I've spoken to the administrators this morning and they were very positive with news that they are close to getting a deal done with a potential purchaser."
    Oh hang on, Fud and Slap learnt from Ally's previous mistake....

"They didn't tell me who it was or go into any greater detail other than tell me they were very, very close which is obviously encouraging."
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Ally McCoist video game from 2001 had an option to dodge taxes

http://sport.stv.tv/blog/305161-ally...ins-tax-dodge/

305161-ally-mccoist-football-video-game-contains-tax-dodge-410x230.jpg

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Did I not read some where that the SFA "would welcome an appeal against the sanctions by Rangers Football Club." ? Surely this is a transparent indication that they will rescind or at least reduce the sanctions.
    Rangers are very likely to win their appeal. The SFA gave them some assurances of the level of sanction that was likely to be imposed and they were prepared for that. The Independant Panel were then given guidance by the SFA and when the panel turned out to be, well believe it or not independant, the SFA were as shocked as Rangers.

It all came as a huge shock to McCoist who understandably went off on one, reminding the SFA that they appointed these people and they are responsible for the sanctions imposed and Stewart Regan immediately gave a nod-and-a-wink that an appeal will be successful.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?
    Last edited by PeeKay; 27-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    Rangers are very likely to win their appeal. The SFA gave them some assurances of the level of sanction that was likely to be imposed and they were prepared for that. The Independant Panel were given then given guidance by the SFA and when the panel turned out to be, well believe it or not independant, the SFA were as shocked as Rangers.

It all came as a huge shock to McCoist who understandably went off on one, reminding the SFA that they appointed these people and they are responsible for the sanctions imposed and Stewart Regan immediately gave a nod-and-a-wink that an appeal will be successful.

Hows that for a conspiracy theory?
    They were, until McCoist decided it would be a good idea to behave like a mob boss. If the SFA reduce / overturn sanctions now it will look like they are giving in to intimidation. There's also the likelihood that if the SFA don't take action, UEFA will because of Rangers owing sums to Rapid Vienna (Jelavic) and St Etienne (Bocanegra).

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Question for CWG

If Ticketus are now a creditor, what is the percentage HMRC are in for and how will that affect their power in reaching a CVA. (Presume it will be diluted?)

I am assuming that Ticketus become creditors and don't just go after Craig White?
    Ticketus were included as a creditor when the percentages noted earlier in the thread were calculated, so nothing has changed - HMRC still hold 25.9% of the debt excluding the two tax cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Hopefully it's a " come ahead if you think you're hard enough", but sadly, I wouldn't bank on it.

GGTTH

How are any creditors going to agree to any sort of deal when there could be another £25M kicking around later.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Ticketus were included as a creditor when the percentages noted earlier in the thread were calculated, so nothing has changed - HMRC still hold 25.9% of the debt excluding the two tax cases.
    It would be nice to see the SFA and HMRC stick to their guns now and show who are the authorities in this country.

Unfortunately the Rangers mafia and the fourth estate now smell blood and will have a few horses head's ready to put in peoples beds.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    "Anybody with a sane brain would know that I abhor violence and would be dead
    against it," said McCoist.

"This lunatic fringe, who hide behind the internet, do not interest me in the
    slightest. I've got absolutely no time for them. I don't go on the internet and
    read it."

But the irony of an internet based interview is lost on you then.
    Wasnt 'super ally' accused of wife beating too? (or did she beat him up?)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post

Lennon with media training