hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 201 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1011511911992002012022032112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ticketus is set to announce that it will not fund any takeover bid for Rangers.

It is understood that the tough sanctions imposed on the Ibrox side by the SFA earlier this week were the decisive factor for the company.

A Ticketus source told STV News: “A lot has happened over the last few weeks and, especially after the SFA’s decision, we no longer think we can get a return for our investors.”

Ticketus first came to prominence when it emerged Rangers owner Craig Whyte received £25.3m, with the company buying the rights to 100,000 season tickets for the next four years.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    They are blaming the SFA ruling as the reason they have pulled out. More pressure on the SFA to back down, lets hope for the good of the game they hold strong.

Is this the same Ticketus who gave Craig Whyte £26.7m ?

H-Unbelievable Jeff!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Actually, based on the reaction from within Rangers Football Club and the comments being made by employees past and present, I think the most appropriate action the SFA can and should take is to expel them immediately.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Could the last one out please turn off the lights.

The Huns are finito, Couldn't have happened to a nicer club, Bigoted **** balls.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Not really sure the ticketus thing is final.

After all, the huns will appeal the 'draconian' sanctions and according to Traynor and Grant last night on the radio clips I caught, they are under the impression that any appeal will probably be successful.

So ticketus might be out for now, but maybe not for long. (depending on when appeal is heard)
    Traynor last night was a joke- he seems to have decided that the decision was wrong and as such will be changed on appeal- why? Well because he apparently has told them that it should be done as it’s the view of the people!! - he claimed to have been told by more than one top legal mind that the appeal will be successful- although he didn’t really have the capacity to explain what these claims were being based on.
    Interesting that when Jim Spence suggested that as the panel was being driven and guided by a skilled lawyer, and as such would have come to a sound and proper decisions based on the evidence presented- and nothing else that Tranor basically dismissed this point of view as it did not fit his own.
    At any point after that I was expecting his argument to be supported with shouts of "these things have to happen as WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"

After all, the huns will appeal the 'draconian' sanctions and according to Traynor and Grant last night on the radio clips I caught, they are under the impression that any appeal will probably be successful.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal. However, Rapid Vienna have made it clear that they want the full amount they're due for Jelavic and will vote against a CVA. I expect them or some other club owed fees to go to UEFA fairly soon. At that stage another transfer embargo can be anticipated. The fans' wrath will then be directed elsewhere (they're all Fenians in Europe you know).

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

EBT declarations by other clubs?

When was this due back?
    Anyone else caught?
    Presume few or none. Just lil ol Gers?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal.
    I said this right after it was announced. I don't think that the SFA have the spine to stand up to those cretins. Never mind, the embargo being reduced/dismissed, it should be increased for the way the Orcs have behaved this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe's ice cream View Post
    Traynor last night was a joke- he seems to have decided that the decision was wrong and as such will be changed on appeal- why? Well because he apparently has told them that it should be done as it’s the view of the people!! - he claimed to have been told by more than one top legal mind that the appeal will be successful- although he didn’t really have the capacity to explain what these claims were being based on.
    Interesting that when Jim Spence suggested that as the panel was being driven and guided by a skilled lawyer, and as such would have come to a sound and proper decisions based on the evidence presented- and nothing else that Tranor basically dismissed this point of view as it did not fit his own.
    At any point after that I was expecting his argument to be supported with shouts of "these things have to happen as WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"
    Surely the apparant threats levied against the SFA panel will now make it difficult for them to go back on their decision? It cannae be seen to have worked, now can it. The media are all talking out their arse anyway, ranting how this kind of punishment is unprecedented, in spite of the raft of similar cases in England and further afield recently. Mind you, none of these other diddy clubs were "ra peepul" obviously

Not really sure the ticketus thing is final.

So ticketus might be out for now, but maybe not for long. (depending on when appeal is heard)
    Just don't understand that. How, after a lengthy, forensic examination of the facts by people appointed by the SFA and a judgement given (presumably on the approval of the SFA), can they be confident that an appeal will be successful even before they've heard from the culprit ????? This smells.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I said this right after it was announced. I don't think that the SFA have the spine to stand up to those cretins. Never mind, the embargo being reduced/dismissed, it should be increased for the way the Orcs have behaved this week.
    I agree with this and would add that should the SFA now overturn the decision it will be a license for mob rule. Above all else the SFA now need to reinforce their own procedures and support their own staff.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Surely the apparant threats levied against the SFA panel will now make it difficult for them to go back on their decision? It cannae be seen to have worked, now can it. The media are all talking out their arse anyway, ranting how this kind of punishment is unprecedented, in spite of the raft of similar cases in England and further afield recently. Mind you, none of these other diddy clubs were "ra peepul" obviously
    Now, would't it be funny of they INCREASED the punishment on appeal - just to stick it to the Hun once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    I agree with this and would add that should the SFA now overturn the decision it will be a license for mob rule. Above all else the SFA now need to reinforce their own procedures and support their own staff.
    It will be interesting to see how they came to - and on what basis - they came to their decision. Any idea when they plan on publishing this? I think there seems to be a bit of uncertainty as to what exactly they have been punished for here. This would help.
    Last edited by BarneyK; 27-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Busy day for the Fax machine.

Fax on its way to PauLO SERgio.

From Vlad, clear your desk Loser.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23839244/

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal. However, Rapid Vienna have made it clear that they want the full amount they're due for Jelavic and will vote against a CVA. I expect them or some other club owed fees to go to UEFA fairly soon. At that stage another transfer embargo can be anticipated. The fans' wrath will then be directed elsewhere (they're all Fenians in Europe you know).

Was watching STV or BBC news last night and they showed a wee graphic of the outstanding amounts to football clubs only - it's over 2 million pounds (Rapid, Hearts etc etc).

For this reason alone Rangers should have a transfer embargo never mind the rest of the lunacy.

Coaching Staff
    Ticketus pull the plug... citing the uncertainty created by the decision.

Bit of a cop out - they probably didn't want involved in the first place, but here's a convenient excuse that deflects blame.

Is this the end game?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Fax on its way to PauLO SERgio.

From Vlad, clear your desk Loser.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23839244/
    It is the poor monkies I feel sorry for, they have nothing to with anything and they always seem to get the blame.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Just don't understand that. How, after a lengthy, forensic examination of the facts by people appointed by the SFA and a judgement given (presumably on the approval of the SFA), can they be confident that an appeal will be successful even before they've heard from the culprit ????? This smells.
    Actually, I dont think it does, if you mean it smells of "stitch-up". it does reek of "political" postioning and tabloid journalism.

Just because someone says "we're confident we'll win on appeal" doesn tmean they actually are. It allows them to be more outrged when it doesnt get over-turned, and placates the forces of Mordor for another few days.

@hibs.net private member
    Vlad basically *****ing it because it will be Hearts next and Rangers treatment will set the precedent.

Sergio doing the traditional tugging of forelock to his paymaster, pity really as i had a bit of respect for him.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I'm quite happy that the hoodoo buster is going to happen on his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Ticketus pull the plug... citing the uncertainty created by the decision.

Bit of a cop out - they probably didn't want involved in the first place, but here's a convenient excuse that deflects blame.

Is this the end game?
    Here is what Ticketus have actually said - "Regrettably over the course of this week it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.

"We do not wish to attach any blame to the failure of these talks as, while there have been frustrations on all sides at times, we believe all parties have been acting in good faith to agree terms. "

Not a thing mentioned about the SPL, the SFA or diddy clubs putting the boot in. Funny that. Guess who will get the blame regardless though.

The knuckle-draggers on RM are getting stiffies at this Kennedy/BK combined bid. A lot of excitement about 'the Haymaker'.

I believe the sanctions will stand. Impossible to reverse, as it will be seen to be as a result of intimidation.

@hibs.net private member
    Question for CWG

If Ticketus are now a creditor, what is the percentage HMRC are in for and how will that affect their power in reaching a CVA. (Presume it will be diluted?)

I am assuming that Ticketus become creditors and don't just go after Craig White?

Sergio is properly perceptive, huh?

"I have a strong feeling, from everything I read and see on TV, that Rangers need help at the moment."

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Wee Huns to the rescue. Surprised it has taken this long.
    Moral bankrupts.
    GG

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Sergio is properly perceptive, huh?

"I have a strong feeling, from everything I read and see on TV, that Rangers need help at the moment."

Maybe they will not bother asking for the rest of the money due to them for Wallace.

What are the chances of PauLO SERgio being sacked before the cup final. Its how Vlad rolls.

Somebody needs to get a grip inside Ibrox. Ally McCoist and the PR machine knew exactly what they were doing earlier this week. Shame their "lunatic fringe" numbers a few more than the average club!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...ign=sportsound

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    THis is the bit that caught my eye.

“If we were gaining a major advantage by spending a lot of money we didn’t have, fine. But we weren’t doing that, Smith insisted.
    “The club was living within its means. It was going well and needed a bit of investment. The circumstances surrounding Rangers have to be taken into consideration because that makes them a different administration case. It’s the action one individual [Whyte] has taken. People working here had no idea of what Craig Whyte was doing. It’s wrong that he could come in and leave this situation.

Is this the same Rangers that lost 2.5 million in six weeks after administration, dont tell me all of this is to blame on Whyte.

Funny how quickly they are rewriting the history books.
    So all it needed was for someone to come along with £134m and all would be ticketus boo?

Thanks for clearing that up Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Question for CWG

If Ticketus are now a creditor, what is the percentage HMRC are in for and how will that affect their power in reaching a CVA. (Presume it will be diluted?)

I am assuming that Ticketus become creditors and don't just go after Craig White?
    Even with BTC going totally in Hun favour (v unlikely), HMRC prob a little over the 25% line. With BTC they are easily over. However, if Ticketus are in the creditor pile then they too will have a veto, unless BTC case goes 100% HMRC with near absolute max penalties.

For your last question, think the answer is they'll do both!

@hibs.net private member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154

Interesting to note that Fat Ally doesn't believe he should have to consider the consequences of demanding the names of the 3 members of the panel but everyone has to consider the consequences of any penalty on Rangers. Hypocritical, fatherless, child.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Today's the day of the hearing and decision if they'll be granted an SPL license for next season.

They should have provided audited accounts by 31st March and have no debt to tax authorities.

Will they be given it? Will it be granted to a newCo? Was this part of the plan?