hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 200 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 44390
    Very funny Mr Jardine. How funny is a punch in the face ya F****** Rangers b******?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very funny Mr Jardine. How funny is a punch in the face ya F****** Rangers b******?
    Sandy Jardine, he won a lot of medals with Hearts right enough.

In fact, he won so many medals at Hearts that Hibs' Dave Beaumont won approximately just one more medal during his time in Edinburgh

Willy Pullar Jardine to give him his proper name. Not funny, just factual.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Willy Pullar Jardine to give him his proper name. Not funny, just factual.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17864305

Not the war cry i expected from Thompson.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    See the sidebar by Roger Hannah, Sports News Editor and weep with despair for an enlightened fourth estate in this once-glorious, now ****ed-up little nation of ours. I am truly going to emigrate to so somewhere moderate like Equatorial Guinea (after we have horsed the Yams in the Cup Final, of course!)M

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Why do they have to drag religion into everything? As an atheist I regard all religion as superstition, though I respect the right of all to have a faith. Yet why do the Huns have to see their present crisis through the prism of some anti-Protestant agenda? Most of them never go to church nor understand what being a Christian means. I'm tired of their unintelligent rubbish. I just want them gone.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I think there has been far too much pussyfooting about on this thread. Far too many folk sitting on the fence or, heaven forbid, even sympathising with the poor wee Huns.

It is about time we told them the truth, what we really think about them.

So here is my contribution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDLhTU6Vss
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Jardine ?? FUD

Coaching Staff
    Rangers and Celtic unveil new strips on same day, same sort of basis. If anyone is in any doubt that they act together....were the other ten invited to do a similar launch?

After decades of cheating, bullying and corruption, I can only see three viable options for Rangers - burial, cremation, or they can just get stuffed.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Something quite interesting happened in the wake of the Muhammad Cartoons which has a parallel here. After the imams (eventually) managed to whip up a wetty in backward/fundamentalist parts of the muslim world, there were a number of boycotts declared on Danish goods - mostly cheese and dairy products (they weren't importing much bacon). However - a number of Danish companies (Lurpak and Bang & Olufson among them) reported an overall rise in revenues as the losses experienced in the muslim world were not only offset by, but outstripped by an increase in demand from 'western' countries sympathetic to the idea of free speech or, quite probably, people in those countries who don't like muslims.

The parallel is that for every hun who cancels Sky or 'doesn't buy a Vauxhall' (yeah, whatever) there are x-number of people, who hate the huns, who immediately become sympathetic to these brands. By all means boycott a product if you disapprove of their ethics or business practices or if their product is ****, but a unilateral boycott based on what are basically 'tribal' reasons is not likely to have much of a long-term impact. Lloyds is still a going concern, despite the hun closing accounts, moving mortgages (I'd be keen to know how many actually did in reality, other than the swallow swallow fantasy) and the like because the bank had the temerity to, er, ask for its money back.

I'd been looking at a nice football shirt that was on sale in Greaves Sports online store. Never used them before, and now I'm a customer.
    I'm looking at getting a new car...but a Vauxhall? Do I really have to? Are any of them any good?

First thing I do when I get it though is take it right through the MacDonalds drive-thru.

@hibs.net private member
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...mith-1-2259298

“WALTER Smith has asserted that Craig Whyte remains the biggest problem facing former club Rangers and, until he is banished from the scene, their difficulties will continue.”
    “The problem we have got is that he [Whyte] is still here, that is the biggest problem Rangers have got”

More dangerous talk from Rangers people, this time it is Walter Smith’s turn to make comments that the dafties will take as an open invitation to intimidate, abuse, threaten, assault and, yes, even murder. But it will be alright because once some or all of these things have happened, the press will just accept Walter’s explanation that it was not what he meant or intended by his comments. When will these people stop and think before they demonise.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    I love how the Sun have gone all righteous by not naming names. Ths is despite the Raith Robers banker talking quite candidl with the BBC.
    the Record name them and the Sun play the good guys. You couldn't make it up.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...mith-1-2259298

“WALTER Smith has asserted that Craig Whyte remains the biggest problem facing former club Rangers and, until he is banished from the scene, their difficulties will continue.”
    “The problem we have got is that he [Whyte] is still here, that is the biggest problem Rangers have got”

More dangerous talk from Rangers people, this time it is Walter Smith’s turn to make comments that the dafties will take as an open invitation to intimidate, abuse, threaten, assault and, yes, even murder. But it will be alright because once some or all of these things have happened, the press will just accept Walter’s explanation that it was not what he meant or intended by his comments. When will these people stop and think before they demonise.
    THis is the bit that caught my eye.

“If we were gaining a major advantage by spending a lot of money we didn’t have, fine. But we weren’t doing that, Smith insisted.
    “The club was living within its means. It was going well and needed a bit of investment. The circumstances surrounding Rangers have to be taken into consideration because that makes them a different administration case. It’s the action one individual [Whyte] has taken. People working here had no idea of what Craig Whyte was doing. It’s wrong that he could come in and leave this situation.

Is this the same Rangers that lost 2.5 million in six weeks after administration, dont tell me all of this is to blame on Whyte.

Funny how quickly they are rewriting the history books.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    This is a super read, if nobody has seen it

http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I love how the Sun have gone all righteous by not naming names. Ths is despite the Raith Robers banker talking quite candidl with the BBC.
    the Record name them and the Sun play the good guys. You couldn't make it up.
    The Record and The Sun have had a tit for tat relationship for years.

Basically The editors at The Sun are now desperate for one of the panel members to attacked or threatened and they can come over all righteous and blame The Record.

It's ****ing sad.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    THis is the bit that caught my eye.

“If we were gaining a major advantage by spending a lot of money we didn’t have, fine. But we weren’t doing that, Smith insisted.
    “The club was living within its means. It was going well and needed a bit of investment. The circumstances surrounding Rangers have to be taken into consideration because that makes them a different administration case. It’s the action one individual [Whyte] has taken. People working here had no idea of what Craig Whyte was doing. It’s wrong that he could come in and leave this situation.

Is this the same Rangers that lost 2.5 million in six weeks after administration, dont tell me all of this is to blame on Whyte.

Funny how quickly they are rewriting the history books.
    If that were the case, how come the debt, Walter?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Did anyone really expect Rangers just to meekly accept their virtual destruction?

"Thank you sir, may I have another one."

Of course they will defend their club in whatever ways they can.

It just remains to see how the SFA stand up to the pressure, which will be intense and unrelenting.

I don't envy their task.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Ticketus are about to announce they won't be part of any takeover of RFC.

They'll still be looking for their investment back though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    This is a super read, if nobody has seen it

http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/
    I've just read this, and contrasted it with the Hately piece, which I've looked at with (to borrow some of his hysterical narrative) an increasing sense of stunned disbelief.

The first makes clear sense. The latter is a rant from a stupid, stupid man who presonifies all that is wrong with Rangers - arrogance, sneering conceit and blinkered superiority complex. If for no other reason (and lets face it there are loads), I hope Rangers die just to see what dribblingly incoherent garbage he comes out with and see his stupid, stupid face crumple in disbelief.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Its not as if they just owe the £ 134 million to themselves now , is it ?

Blog Entries
    I came across this the other day Logical Fallacies Poster

It struck me that people defending Rangers and their actions employ a staggering 12 or 13 of these Logical Fallacies in their arguments. Can you spot them all...?

He explained that.........

They were speculating to accumulate.

****ing accountants what do they know?

We should have a "football person" explaining the finer points of this to us

Ticketus will shortly announce that they will not be funding any takeover of Rangers.

Looks like the BK's are out of the running, not that they were ever seriously in it

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Ticketus is set to announce that it will not fund any takeover bid for Rangers.

It is understood that the tough sanctions imposed on the Ibrox side by the SFA earlier this week were the decisive factor for the company.

A Ticketus source told STV News: “A lot has happened over the last few weeks and, especially after the SFA’s decision, we no longer think we can get a return for our investors.”

Ticketus first came to prominence when it emerged Rangers owner Craig Whyte received £25.3m, with the company buying the rights to 100,000 season tickets for the next four years.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingertosser View Post
    Ticketus will shortly announce that they will not be funding any takeover of Rangers.

Looks like the BK's are out of the running, not that they were ever seriously in it
    They are blaming the SFA ruling as the reason they have pulled out. More pressure on the SFA to back down, lets hope for the good of the game they hold strong.

Not really sure the ticketus thing is final.

After all, the huns will appeal the 'draconian' sanctions and according to Traynor and Grant last night on the radio clips I caught, they are under the impression that any appeal will probably be successful.

So ticketus might be out for now, but maybe not for long. (depending on when appeal is heard)