hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 199 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 991491891971981992002012092492996991199 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the actions of the knuckledraggers and those who should not better are likely to engineer a situation where not only does the Hun Newco not get into the SPL but that they are denied entry into SFL3.

Keep up the good work.

Got to agree with you. But then, this is true to form of their own special way of making friends for the last 140 years.

P.S I bags the screenplay to this thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another thing to remember is the D&F were brought in under CW and i suggest that they this mess is dragging on, if HMRC go their wish to appoint their own team this farse would have been over by now!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    Another thing to remember is the D&F were brought in under CW and i suggest that they this mess is dragging on, if HMRC go their wish to appoint their own team this farse would have been over by now!!
    I doubt that very much.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    I promised myself i would stop having a look on Rangers Media as its just become increasingly poisonous but thought i just had to share this one with my fellow .netters. One word describes this opening to a thread....WOW !

There are many radical ideas which could and should be considered.

• Start another league with teams like Hearts, Dundee and middle Div 1 teams.
    • Leave Scottish football for any level in England or possibly even Wales, Northern Ireland or indeed, the Republic.
    • Take a break from Scottish competitive football to play in two-leg friendly matches

If we're out of Europe for at least a year, possibly three, and penalised in many separate draconian ways, then why not seize the chance to become the first big club to tell the whole structure of footballing authority, from FIFA through UEFA down to SFA and SPL?

Large clubs have had their own associated groupings since the G14, through to the European Club Association and have always been looking to gain more power. Why not be the first to start the breakaway?

Feel free to propose your own ideas.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I promised myself i would stop having a look on Rangers Media as its just become increasingly poisonous but thought i just had to share this one with my fellow .netters. One word describes this opening to a thread....WOW !

• Leave Scottish football for any level in England or possibly even Wales, Northern Ireland or indeed, the Republic.
    • Take a break from Scottish competitive football to play in two-leg friendly matches

If we're out of Europe for at least a year, possibly three, and penalised in many separate draconian ways, then why not seize the chance to become the first big club to tell the whole structure of footballing authority, from FIFA through UEFA down to SFA and SPL?

Large clubs have had their own associated groupings since the G14, through to the European Club Association and have always been looking to gain more power. Why not be the first to start the breakaway?

I'd love it if the fans gained control of that club

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    I'd love it if the fans gained control of that club
    I actually posted that without reading the rest of the thread, go on and have a look at the other jovial ideas....http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=218259

I particularly like...."start shooting c***s"

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

stuff

And all of this Supported to a rediculous extent by the press and media who just cant seem to take a backward step from decades of kissing the erchie of the OF.

More stuff (good tho )

Now even the press are joining in! .... http://t.co/ngcz39DQ

"Thomson complained he had been threatened by an unnamed Scots journalist while reporting the placing into administration of Rangers FC, in February, at the same time criticising local media coverage of the story"

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alf R View Post

"Thomson complained he had been threatened by an unnamed Scots journalist while reporting the placing into administration of Rangers FC, in February, at the same time criticising local media coverage of the story"

Who was it that threatened him?

Who was it that threatened him?
    The Editor of Rangers Media, Mason Boyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alf R View Post

The Scots 'journalist' appears to be a drink-sodden former journalist.

It was David Leggat. Allegedly!
    Last edited by jgl07; 26-04-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quite ironic rangers posters demanding transparency and that the 3 panel members are unmasked whilst giving out threats and abuse whilst hiding behind a user name :)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Quite ironic rangers posters demanding transparency and that the 3 panel members are unmasked whilst giving out threats and abuse whilst hiding behind a user name :)
    ...and, you'll note, the suggestion that they have a Proddy League involving, amongst others, Raith Rovers

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

There are so many levels on which that's funny, but one serious point.

Rangers have cheated in pursuing success over a long-term period. They have sought ways to get out of the league they are in over a long-term period.

Why would anyone want to join with them or admit them to their league when their proven track record is one of cheating and betrayal?

The saddest thing is their inability to man up, take responsibility for their actions and behaviour, and face the consequences. Corruption is one thing, cowardice just adds to their shame.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

New Rangers Shirt for next season!

No Stars
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

No To Newco Protest on Sunday?

https://twitter.com/bellacaledonia/s...84010737565696

Would people be interested in this? Turn your back at the 15th minute to protest against zombie Huns being parachuted back onto the SPL in the event of a newco being set up.

Would remind the 'Tache what the majority of us think before he attends the SPL meeting on Monday.

All this been happening over last few years :

Portsmouth were hit with a transfer embargo from the Premier League for failing to pay money owed to other clubs.

Coventry City were hit with a transfer embargo for failing to file their accounts in time.

Birmingham were hit with a transfer embargo for failing to file their accounts in time.

Cardiff City were hit with a transfer embargo due to a delay in paying debts, including £1.3m owed to HM Revenue and Customs.

Port Vale have been put under a transfer embargo by the Football League because of unpaid bils

Wycombe Wanderers have been placed under a transfer embargo after failing to file their accounts on time.

Swiss league ban 4 teams due to money reasons

Why should Rangers be any different?????

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar

Sandy Jardine

In 1990, during the Mercer takeover bid, I played in a pro-am golf competition at Longniddry.

It was a most enjoyable afternoon until Sandy Jardine, who was working for the sponsors (a brewery IIRC) gave us the honour of his company as we played.

He cracked a joke - "have you heard the new Hibs song?" No Sandy what is it? "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" replied the tosser giving a little chuckle!

Well Sandy, what goes around comes around - you're not laughing much now!!! (tho much of what you're saying now is laughable).

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    They (the club and the support) are now flagrantly pandering to the lowest common denominator within the Rangers support: namely bigotry and violence. Utterly shameful and dangerous. They cannot be allowed to use the (union) Jack boot to walk over justice.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post

No Stars
    I think it should have lots of stars a star for every million they've bumped somebody out of

@hibs.net private member
    Posted by someone called Dennis - "Posted Today, 07:49 PM
    I like this. A Proddy League. Us, Dundee, Hearts, Raith Rovers, East Stirling, Falkirk etc"

Dennis really needs to stop judging people by his own standards. Does he not realise that, as far as football is concerned, nobody else in the world gives a toss about what religion a person is except in planet OF. Normally I am quite a tolerant sort of person but the sooner this poison is out of Scottish football the better.

You know what, for the first point in this I say;

**** them.

Seriously, who does Jardine think he is? Sanctions against other clubs who have been 'unfair' to them? Who is this exactly? Dundee United for having the audacity to demand their money? Dunfermline? Hearts? Or are they exempt for being a fellow 'proddy' club?

The SFA has to act and must act now. They handed down their punishment and Rangers have declared open season, ridiculing the SFA, attacking the league, other clubs, the whole integrity of the game in this country, all the while stoking up violent and abusive behaviour with their support.

The SFA cannot stand silently by. It must act now. Ban these ignorant, arrogant, blinkered, self serving ******** from the game, worsen the punishment on the club for kicking up such a fuss with zero grounds for an actual appeal or these morons will win and all the rest of us will lose.
    Last edited by ScottB; 26-04-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post

No Stars
    Are they really so arrogant that they assume that Tennents would want to sponsor them?

The rangers fans are boycotting:
    William Hill by closing online accounts
    Refusing to shop in Tesco
    Refusing to enter Greaves Sports
    Will not buy Vauxhall cars
    Will not enter McDonalds
    Cancelling their Sky subscriptions
    Refusing to be taken to court by G4S ( I made that up)
    Not buying Carling lager

And most importantly they are refusing to darken the doors of Hampden for the national team and attend away SPL games.
    Plus they want to play in the SFL next season.

All because they were punished for cheating over a period of time and cannot spend money now on transfers; money that they don't have anyways.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Will not enter McDonalds
    Not buying Carling lager

And most importantly they are refusing to darken the doors of Hampden for the national team and attend away SPL games.

All because they were punished for cheating over a period of time and cannot spend money now on transfers; money that they don't have anyways.

You canny blame them for that

Seemingly also Kennedy is officially with the BK's and tomorrow will 'land a haymaker'.

Me neither btw

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Meanwhile, former Rangers captain Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at Ibrox, revealed supporters groups will meet on Saturday to discuss implementing sanctions against other clubs.

"We are going to have a meeting with all the delegates from the whole of Britain, and some of them will be flying in from abroad," said Jardine.

"Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem to have been unfair to ourselves.

I used to have some (albeit grudging) respect for McCoist and Jardine but they are just making utter phannies of themselves now.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Jardine

haha

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    The same thing with "super ally" saying that "the vultures are starting to circle"

No that when Der Hun came calling for Andy Goram and their ugly sister stole John Collins

Pot Kettle .. **** them, I'm starting to get a tad pi55ed off with all this "big man" talk from grayskull

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Seemingly also Kennedy is officially with the BK's and tomorrow will 'land a haymaker'.

Me neither btw
    Such as?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Such as?
    Never mind just seen it now.....Stockport Rangers !!!!

Will not enter McDonalds
    Not buying Carling lager

Something quite interesting happened in the wake of the Muhammad Cartoons which has a parallel here. After the imams (eventually) managed to whip up a wetty in backward/fundamentalist parts of the muslim world, there were a number of boycotts declared on Danish goods - mostly cheese and dairy products (they weren't importing much bacon). However - a number of Danish companies (Lurpak and Bang & Olufson among them) reported an overall rise in revenues as the losses experienced in the muslim world were not only offset by, but outstripped by an increase in demand from 'western' countries sympathetic to the idea of free speech or, quite probably, people in those countries who don't like muslims.

The parallel is that for every hun who cancels Sky or 'doesn't buy a Vauxhall' (yeah, whatever) there are x-number of people, who hate the huns, who immediately become sympathetic to these brands. By all means boycott a product if you disapprove of their ethics or business practices or if their product is ****, but a unilateral boycott based on what are basically 'tribal' reasons is not likely to have much of a long-term impact. Lloyds is still a going concern, despite the hun closing accounts, moving mortgages (I'd be keen to know how many actually did in reality, other than the swallow swallow fantasy) and the like because the bank had the temerity to, er, ask for its money back.

I'd been looking at a nice football shirt that was on sale in Greaves Sports online store. Never used them before, and now I'm a customer.