hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 192 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 921421821901911921931942022422926921192 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 44390
    To march on Cup Final day was simply a proposal. This, AFAIK, has now been changed to this Saturday.

Unorganised marches, with no permission, WILL be stopped by Police, have no doubts about that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His hypocracy is mind-boggling

"There are already managers sniffing about our players - I know of that.They are like vultures around our squad which angers and disappoints me"

You and your horrible dying club have been doing that for years ya wee nyaff
    Obviously forgetting when Rangers were snatching players from the likes of Dundee or us when we all got into degrees of difficulty then.

The consistent attitude of one rule for them and one rule for the rest that comes out of Ibrox is annoying to put it mildly.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-cen...over-takeover/

The net is closing in on David Murray. We will soon see how " duped " he really was.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    What i find particularly hypocritical is the assertion that as it is the owners of the club (Murray/Whyte) who were/are culpable and they should be penalised but it's not fair to penalise the club or fans.

Yet the fans and club are more than happy to bask in the glory that their financial doping secured.

Embrace the club and it's operating practice when it's successful, seperate/distance yourself from the club when the toalys hit the fan. Pathetic.

They are apparently only the 'peepul' when it suits.

I would genuinely love to hear what the most ardent of Rangers fans or McCoist would see as an appropriate punishment.

What irritates and angers me is the propoganda from the media,particularly the ill researched pundits and broadcasters from BBC Scotland (I dont listen to Real Radio or Radio Clyde. I assume they will be similar to the BBC) who keep telling us without Rangers, other SPL clubs will go to the wall. This verbal diarrhoea is broadcast without quoting facts and figures. THeir implication is that punish Rangers and you are punishing Scottish football. IMOP medium size clubs like Hibs will thrive without Rangers, or indeed both of the Bigot Twins. What a bunch of mugs we are, supporting 10 clubs each striving to be no more than 3rd in the SPL. The same "expert" pundits tell us that crowds are dropping, and it would be catastrophic (Traynor used that word last night) without Rangers. When will the penny drop for these guys and realise that Rangers and Celtic are the problem.

What i find particularly hypocritical is the assertion that as it is the owners of the club (Murray/Whyte) who were/are culpable and they should be penalised but it's not fair to penalise the club or fans.

Yet the fans and club are more than happy to bask in the glory that their financial doping secured.

Embrace the club and it's operating practice when it's successful, seperate/distance yourself from the club when the toalys hit the fan. Pathetic.

I would genuinely love to hear what the most ardent of Rangers fans or McCoist would see as an appropriate punishment.
    This is the main point for me. Any rule breaking activity was undertaken to benefit Rangers which = benefit to supporters. Any punishment should at least return to equilibrium (big word for this time in the morning ). Therefore to equal out the benefits Rangers supporters have had, which is over-achievement both domestically and in Europe for 15 years or so, they should endure a period of underachievement of a similar nature.

For me I personally favour the short sharp treatment of liquidation and a NewCo beginning in SFL if accepted. They will likely be back in the SPL in a few years but will probably have lost an element of their support in the journey from Div3.

One thing this whole situation should show is that supporters should be increasingly vigilant to the actions of owners and directors within their football clubs. At the end of the day, when a club is punished the supporters will feel it. Rangers fans should have realised that when they were splashing 12 million pounds for a player something was not right and questions should have been asked then!

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    what annoys me is that the maximum penalties havent even been applied.
    Maximum fines have (and what chance of those being paid?)

Maximum penalty includes termination of membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Huns march on Hampden

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Obviously forgetting when Rangers were snatching players from the likes of Dundee or us when we all got into degrees of difficulty then.

The consistent attitude of one rule for them and one rule for the rest that comes out of Ibrox is annoying to put it mildly.
    I hope their death is soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-cen...over-takeover/

The net is closing in on David Murray. We will soon see how " duped " he really was.
    I wouldn't believe a word SDM says .. he wanted out and was only interested in self preservation not Rangers' preservation IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    what annoys me is that the maximum penalties havent even been applied.
    Maximum fines have (and what chance of those being paid?)

Maximum penalty includes termination of membership.
    Get them tae ******!!

@hibs.net private member

When any other club has been hit with admin/liquidation I have usually felt a lot of sympathy for the fans. But in the case of Rangers, having watched the bigoted mutants that turn up at ER and having listened to the complete and total disregard for the future of the game in Scotland expressed by most huns when fantasising about leaving us all behind to go to England/Atlantic League/whatever, all I can do is sit back with a big grin on my face and say GIRFUY

Stuart Cosgrove on C4 news: calls NewHuns back in SPL "unthinkable".

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1581415319001

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit o' the walk View Post
    Reading that they are considering a peaceful and dignified protest march against the SFA on Cup Final day. Lets not kid ourselves on this,they have a huge support and if this goes ahead could have huge implications,esp,to safety. Thoughts??
    Get them away to f***! They are a bunch of cheating muppets and have NOTHING to protest about - they are getting what they deserve and have no call to spoil our day out with their dummy spitting antics.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=poolman;3196262]His hypocracy is mind-boggling

"There are already managers sniffing about our players - I know of that.They are like vultures around our squad which angers and disappoints me"

You and your horrible dying club have been doing that for years ya wee nyaff[B]

I know what you are saying, but would we not want our manager to fight tooth and nail for us?

Too ******g right i would, and that's what he is doing ... Not that it will do any good
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 25-04-2012 at 11:50 AM.

As far as I can make it the Currant Buns are basically saying thie is no fair and its our ball| It is particularly enlightening to hear them and their acolytes claim that their club should not be punished because of the actions of those at the top. Unfortunately for their simplistic minds, those at the top are viryually synonymous with their club and legally as the controlling influence duly responsible in law. Oops, I forgot the real world does not exist as far as Rangers are concerned!
    Last edited by calmac12000; 25-04-2012 at 11:30 AM.

I sense that there is a change in the line in much of the media away from the 'Scottish Football needs Rangers' approach towards a more balanced approach. The items in the Herald seem to be moving to a position that rangers must be punished for the irregularities and crimes dating back to the David Murray era as well as to the Craig Whyte regime.

I think that the proponents of letting a Newco Rangers back into the SPL will be forced to retreat in the wake of public opinion.

Full interview with Chubby from HunTV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJXFJ...ature=youtu.be

The big boy did it and ran away defence gets another airing. Wants to know the identities of SFA panel members (yeah, good one Ally, it's not like your deranged moronic support would do anything stupid like send them bullets and bombs through the post, is it?) Apart from that the SFA should basically be bending over and funding the Huns through their time of need, what with them being the peepul an a that.

Right through this saga, McCoist's pronouncements have generally been along the lines of it'll all be ok and he'll be back to rebuilding his squad in the summer. Think a few pennies might finally be dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    Rangers now have a new bidder from china that says he will pay off ALL their debt, buy new players, refit the stadium and return rangers to their former glory.
    Mr Nay Foo Kin Chans will meet with shareholders this week!
    Just spilled ma coffee and wet my pants....all at the same time!

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Is the double contract issue directly related to the EBTs and the BTC?

The reason I ask is that I was under the impression that some players with EBTs were given something in writing to indicate that they could take a 'loan' from their EBT at some point in the future to make up for the shortfall in their salaries (this 'loan' of course never having to be repaid). This in effect being a 'second' contract in terms of contract law, and if you are HMRC, a way of evading income tax and NI contributions.

[QUOTE=LeithenHibby;3196382]
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    His hypocracy is mind-boggling

You and your horrible dying club have been doing that for years ya wee nyaff[B]

I know what you are saying, but would we not want our manager to fight tooth and nail for us?

Too ******g right i would, and that's what he is doing ... Not that it will do any good

Your missing the point here

It's not a question of fighting tooth and nail for your club, of course I would want it if it were us

It's the hypocracy of the wee t*at moaning about other managers looking at Hun players

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Will I do?

I'm in two minds about whether the fine should be considered a pre-administration debt, in which case it would fall into the CVA pot, or an administration cost which the administrators would have to pay in full, thereby reducing the amount available for pre-administration creditors.

There's an argument for both, but I'm leaning towards the former. (I'm not really all-seeing and all-knowing, that was just bluster.)
    Yes you will Mr Green! Thank you

But here’s another

Just been mentioned a few posts up about rangers annual accounts [or MIM]. These have been signed off by the accountants as giving a ‘true and fair view’ or whatever you guys say these days, of the company [or companies].

I cant recall any media statements suggesting the accountants over the last 15 – 20+ years said these crooks are up to their necks in deceit, tax evasion and dodgy dealings so what, if any, are the implications for the accountancy firm(s) involved?
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm sensing anger from ghost of bolivar and Cad. The vibes aren't friendly
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I sense that there is a change in the line in much of the media away from the 'Scottish Football needs Rangers' approach towards a more balanced approach. The items in the Herald seem to be moving to a position that rangers must be punished for the irregularities and crimes dating back to the David Murray era as well as to the Craig Whyte regime.

I think that the proponents of letting a Newco Rangers back into the SPL will be forced to retreat in the wake of public opinion.
    You haven't see that ass Traynor's craven rankgers fellating article this morning then......

I wish they would just hurry up and die!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsummit View Post
    You haven't see that ass Traynor's craven rankgers fellating article this morning then......

I wish they would just hurry up and die!
    Do you have a link?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    The interview with Sally has wound me up, they are meant to be cutting costs but can still obviously find the money to keep rangers tv going, surely things like that are not a necessity to the running of a football club and should have been given the chop

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    Hopefully the police will deal with them robustly. 'Minimal force' as they say.

The RAF could contribute a couple of Typhoons. Lased guided Hun-control.
    and if a few thousand ****bos are taken out in the blast, so be it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    But here’s another Just been mentioned a few posts up about rangers annual accounts [or MIM]. These have been signed off by the accountants as giving a ‘true and fair view’ or whatever you guys say these days, of the company [or companies].

I cant recall any media statements suggesting the accountants over the last 15 – 20+ years said these crooks are up to their necks in deceit, tax evasion and dodgy dealings so what, if any, are the implications for the accountancy firm(s) involved?
    Interesting question.
    The latest accounts I can see for Rangers are the 2010 accounts - for the period to 30 June 2010, signed September 2010. These accounts had a clean audit opinion (true and fair, as you suggest). There is no contingent liability for the BTC in these accounts, but there is a note in the staff costs section where the accounts state that the club is defending a query raised by HMRC into the (EB) Trust. So there was a mention in the accounts. I guess at the time, before the tax tribunal had been held, the accounts were true and fair. There don't seem to have been any 2011 accounts.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Jesus wept! Someone will have to step in and save the angelic Rangers from the bullying hordes of non Rangers fans and vindictive governing authorities. How dare they actually consider punishing wrongdoing. Haven't the God fearing Rangers support suffered enough.

Let's act now and set up a fighting fund to aid the put upon Gers, a whip round at every club in the country. We can call it the Traynor fund. Don't forget to tick the gift aid box for the avoidance of tax

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter
    "fans who gave brought disgrace on all of US". There you have it, any pretence of being an Airdrie supporter blown out of the water.

RFC are in the grave now and are desperately trying to claw their way out. Time to pick up the shovels.

Hell awaits!

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory;3196515[B
    ]"fans who gave brought disgrace on all of US". There you have it, any pretence of being an Airdrie supporter blown out of the water.
    [/B]
    RFC are in the grave now and are desperately trying to claw their way out. Time to pick up the shovels.

Hell awaits!
    TBF I think he was saying that the minority of Rangers fans had brought disgrace on all of us.

He is still a sycophant of the Teddies, and his take on all of this is repugnant.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    "fans who gave brought disgrace on all of US". There you have it, any pretence of being an Airdrie supporter blown out of the water.

Hell awaits!
    Ouch, this is getting more interesting by the day, as SDM has now been pulled up and told to reveal the details of the "takeover"