hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 191 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 911411811891901911921932012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 44390
    Rangers now have a new bidder from china that says he will pay off ALL their debt, buy new players, refit the stadium and return rangers to their former glory.
    Mr Nay Foo Kin Chans will meet with shareholders this week!

2. Log in to remove the advert

'Gers fans proposed march to Hampden on May 19th-implications ??

Reading that they are considering a peaceful and dignified protest march against the SFA on Cup Final day. Lets not kid ourselves on this,they have a huge support and if this goes ahead could have huge implications,esp,to safety. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by fit o' the walk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading that they are considering a peaceful and dignified protest march against the SFA on Cup Final day. Lets not kid ourselves on this,they have a huge support and if this goes ahead could have huge implications,esp,to safety. Thoughts??
    In Kazakstan we shoot the bear

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    In Duff and Phelps action against Collyer Bristow, their QC states :

Phillips told the court that there was no evidence anyone else at Collyer Bristow was involved, but that as Withey had authority to act for the firm, it was liable for the losses flowing from his “conspiracy”.

And yet D&P claim that Rangers, as a club, should not be punished for the actions of two individiduals. These two individuals being the owners of the club.

The hypocrisy is staggering beyond belief.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    One would hope that this march is not given permission to go ahead.After all its not our fault that they got themselves into the mess they are in.They should not be allowed to spoil our day.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    Rangers now have a new bidder from china that says he will pay off ALL their debt, buy new players, refit the stadium and return rangers to their former glory.
    Mr Nay Foo Kin Chans will meet with shareholders this week!
    Hahaha

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    What exactly are people expecting to happen? The game to be cancelled? The world to implode?

At the worst, there will be diversions put in place and possibly a slight delay to kick off...

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Bloody gloryhunters

3 simple words for the huns:-
    Just fek off.

we don't like them and we don't care :)

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    March!!! Have you seen the state of most of them, they'll be lucky to get 300 yards before reaching for their inhalers

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Im not a violent man and nor do i condone such a thing. but im sure without doubt its not safe.

Hibs fans will get drunk! we will sing at them im sure! something like we are in the cup and you are going down. or something like this.

they will become agressive that we are not behind them in their problems and might start a small fight, that small fight will end up a larger fight and then..............boom!

headlines the next day!

Hibernian wait over one hundred years to win a cup and come home with the double! beat rangers and hearts in one afternoon!

Or

Peaceful rangers fans attacked by crazy cup winning hibs fans!

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic goading opportunity.

Testimonial Due
    No implications for Hibs fans at all in the unlikely event that they go ahead with it as they will march to the Hertz end of the stadium where they would be welcomed with open arms by their brethren as opposed to the Hibs end where they would be banjoed.

Would be a shame if there are parents concerned about this as there's no need to be.

Left by mutual consent!
    Huns march on Hampden

Last edited by Saorsa; 25-04-2012 at 08:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    I can't see the strathclyde polis allowing this to take place!!, yes, perhaps on another day, but for me this is a non-starter.....

@hibs.net private member
    Even if a few hundred try and march on hampden the police will stop them, and I've been to big games at Hampden before where the police set up a check point way before you get to the turnstiles so only Ticket Holdres can get near the ground.

If they walk from the Viccy park side thats fine its the yams who will have to deal with them as not too many Hibs fans will come through that way.

Hopefully the police will deal with them robustly. 'Minimal force' as they say.

The RAF could contribute a couple of Typhoons. Lased guided Hun-control.

There's an orange March the same morning.

Most of the loyal subjects will be double booked.

The cops would likely stop them, it's a nonsense.

Quite what they hope to achieve by it I'm not sure, I doubt they know either.

This " Rangers In Administration " page after page is addictive I used to deliberately stop reading it for a few days till 6 or 7 pages worth could be read ,a sort of mini series if you like ,so with a bacon butty in hand a cup of tea and a hankie to wipe away the tears I was a very happy guy reading about
    "The Fall Of The Rangers Empire " .
    Since the SFA have whacked another 6" nail in the coffin a couple of days ago the posts on here and Rangers Media have been priceless the complete and utter disregard for anything or anybody else in this matter beggars belief no amount of hurt should be spared these clowns .

As far as I can see this is the the start of the real po po hitting the fan the SFA doing what it should have done ages ago ,it doesn't end there for them either,at the end of this their breeks will be at their ankles when UEFA come to tear them a new one .
    Wee Craig the Motherwell tycoon hasn't been seen for weeks now hold up in some castle he owns with a leggy blond.
    Rangers Media have a forum in which ideas how to overcome the situation have resulted in the following suggestions ,blockades, chaining yourself to turnstiles other actions thought up by the mutants , guns , bombs , marches nothing new with that ,players not to play for Scotland , bans on traveling to other Scottish grounds (Oh joy ) a bit of "you said he said" , turning on each other ,whats the script with "The Blue Knights" very KKK if you ask me , and to cap it all the wonderful job the media has done in turning a deefy to the entire situation.
    I would have expected news crews and reporters chapping at doors "Anything to say Mr..... " ,or can you make a statement Craig is it true your going to Ticketus Christmas party ,to which he did reply to "I dont really know its a bit to far ahead ", SDM the major player in all this void of a quote to either paper or TV ,for every Ł5 you spend I will spend Ł10 seems like only yesterday , Tor Andre Flo , Gazza , Laudrup, Souness ,Wee Dick Advocat ,
    the accountants that signed everything off as being true and above board, will all these people be brought to book.
    You know and I know only time will tell long may they squirm I say , Im thoroughly enjoying this it makes you feel good knowing the bad guys going to cop a sore one at the end, and just when you think more poo cant hit their fan more classic irregularities come to light .
    The great thing about this is you may get withdrawl symptoms when this eventually comes to an end, but the good news is Vlad's mob could be up next .

It is good to be a Hibby we've no had a very good season so far but a cup final won in a week or so against Hertz and it will be party time could be a double celebration the demise of an institution thats been a cancer along with their hooped buddies since day one got rid off ,one down one to go IMO
    a Scottish Cup win for the Glorious and The Huns going down the shunky all in one season ,the stuff dreams are made off .

GGTTH

Couldnt resist maybe the press are getting a conscience

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...e-Rangers.html

The local chippies will need to buy in extra vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    I think the only thing left oustanding is the 'double contract' stuff and that's the SPL's concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Cheers.

Do we know who's involved in that? The SPL board presumably, but who makes that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Lord Nimmo Smith was one. The others I don't know. I assume this will come out presently, if it's not already out there...

It was mentioned on TV last night that it's an independent tribunal that's dealing with this too so we could see pretty stiff punishments again.

Shame

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Phillips told the court that there was no evidence anyone else at Collyer Bristow was involved, but that as Withey had authority to act for the firm, it was liable for the losses flowing from his “conspiracy”.
    And yet D&P claim that Rangers, as a club, should not be punished for the actions of two individiduals. These two individuals being the owners of the club.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post

The hypocrisy is staggering beyond belief.

Absolutely. These are the same administrators who were in one court arguing that Ticketus weren't due anything from future ticket sales as the contract/agreeement wasn't enforceable, and also in a different court at the same time demanding that they be given the 3 million odds sitting in collyer bristow's bank accounts that was left over from the ticketus deal.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post

One of the most annoying things about the " Scottish football needs the huns " argument is the lack of a similar press angle when they were prostituting themselves to the Premiership. So they'd be prepared to **** on all the other clubs from a great height but now it's hit the fan we've all got to cuddle up and get behind them?
    Don't think so.
    Also, not only were they spending millions on foreign internationals, they were buying up the best of homegrown talent from other Scottish clubs, using money they didn't ( or shouldn't ) have.
    Can they not understand the definition of the word cheating?
    A 1 year ban on transfers is a joke, 3 or 5 years minimum, sell off all their assets and let them train on a dog turd strewn public park.

And then not even playing them - Miller, Ritchie, Adamchuk, etc.

@hibs.net private member
    What i find particularly hypocritical is the assertion that as it is the owners of the club (Murray/Whyte) who were/are culpable and they should be penalised but it's not fair to penalise the club or fans.

Yet the fans and club are more than happy to bask in the glory that their financial doping secured.

Embrace the club and it's operating practice when it's successful, seperate/distance yourself from the club when the toalys hit the fan. Pathetic.

They are apparently only the 'peepul' when it suits.

I would genuinely love to hear what the most ardent of Rangers fans or McCoist would see as an appropriate punishment.

The march is proposed for the 28th of April. They are stupid but not that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    He is still ok-ish in my book, he is only doing what any manager would do. He doesn't have the medicine that Der Hun needs and is only trying to hang on to what has been his life

As my Granny always said "Nothing lasts for ever Son"

His hypocracy is mind-boggling

"There are already managers sniffing about our players - I know of that.They are like vultures around our squad which angers and disappoints me"

You and your horrible dying club have been doing that for years ya wee nyaff

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    well there's already going to be 20,000 of them why not some more to celebrate in-front of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    The march is proposed for the 28th of April. They are stupid but not that stupid.
    Read that,but also read they are considering one on 19th May.Obviously publicity and impact in mind.