hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 190 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 901401801881891901911922002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Then all the creditors have to sit back and watch Rangers spend large sums in the transfer market
    . Even without the BTC they owe around £50

Nae chance, RFC do not have, and will not have, any funds to put into the transfer market!

As I have said before, RFC next year will be made up of has-beens that no other clubs wants and 50% of their under-19 team!!

AS IT SHOULD BE!!
    Disagree entirely. The new owner will spend substantially more money than any nonOF club in the transfer market as per normal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Disagree entirely. The new owner will spend substantially more money than any nonOF club in the transfer market as per normal.

Disagree entirely, Mr Spike!

Whoever may be left amongst the remnants of bidders for RFCNewHunco, there ain't a single bidder who has got any cash to splash on real transfer business of HunsNewco!

Then, you seem to be forgetting, just what other club on this planet would deal with them, given their recent track record on payment????

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Let's play devil's advocate for a moment. Do you think the Huns have a point in saying it's harsh to fine them now and impose the twelve month transfer embargo before the big tax case verdict? Administration states a ten points deduction, which has happened. Shouldn't other potential sanctions wait until later, or are they reasonable, in light of what Craig Whyte did?
    Nope

OK, slightly longer answer :-) .... none of the rules "broken" are new, none of the fines are out of pre-agreed limits...... so everything the Huns have done was done in the knowledge that, if caught, these might be the penalties..... dunno how they can argue against that? There MIGHT be an argument against NEW penalties being introduced but defo not this recent lot.

EDIT... also you'd thing the Admin/RFC woud want all this on the table ASAP so the they can get on with any sale with everyone knowing the full picture?
    Last edited by Just Alf; 24-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

I want further torment for the Huns.
    the embargo isn't enough, neither is the fine.
    mccoist can fek off, he's on the news desperate to win support.....sorry, but all that went out the door as soon as your club started cheating by paying wages and fees that your club couldn't afford.
    how thick can he be to suggest that his club are being treated differently?!!! It's staggering.
    No loss to Scottish fitbaw or society when the good folk wind up this famous old horrid institution.

That's a point, they say they are being treated differently, differently then whom exactly?

No other club has been guilty of the same things as them, and these punishments are presumably all in the rulebook as options for the breaking of the various rules they've been done for. I can only think of Hearts as another club that have been up on disrepute charges, and while they got off scot free, they still aren't really comparable. It could be argued they are in as bad a way as Gretna, who found themselves in Division 3 prior to their doom, and Livingston, who also went to the bottom of the pile.

In any case, Rangers are trailblazers here, so unless these punishments aren't in the rulebook the club agreed to play by, I fail to see the ground for the complaints from anyone involved.

First Team Breakthrough
    The thing I laugh at is all the chat about "it was all Craig Whyte so why are rangers being penalised" was it not rangers who benefited from the 5 players who were all resigned last summer on enhanced salaries to stop them leaving, the enhanced salaries all funded by not paying their PAYE & NI, these players were their best players who arguably they would have lost if they hadn't cheated!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    I want further torment for the Huns.
    the embargo isn't enough, neither is the fine.
    mccoist can fek off, he's on the news desperate to win support.....sorry, but all that went out the door as soon as your club started cheating by paying wages and fees that your club couldn't afford.
    how thick can he be to suggest that his club are being treated differently?!!! It's staggering.
    No loss to Scottish fitbaw or society when the good folk wind up this famous old horrid institution.
    I used to think McCoist was OK.

Not anymore I don't.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of RFC over its tax evasion is for good men to do nothing.”
    ― Edmund Burke (paraphrased)

If this was a person they would be looking at the dignitas brochure by now. In fact, it's more like the bereaved relatives continuing to dress up the corpse and put it in a pose at the kitchen table.

Seriously, John Cleese territory here.

Love it

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    I used to think McCoist was OK.

Not anymore I don't.
    He is still ok-ish in my book, he is only doing what any manager would do. He doesn't have the medicine that Der Hun needs and is only trying to hang on to what has been his life

As my Granny always said "Nothing lasts for ever Son"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by EuanH78 View Post
    If this was a person they would be looking at the dignitas brochure by now. In fact, it's more like the bereaved relatives continuing to dress up the corpse and put it in a pose at the kitchen table.

Seriously, John Cleese territory here.

Love it
    More like Norman Bates territory!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    Oh my days
    What does that mean?

Dodds is a wee tit, wi' big lugs. canny stand the wee Hun twat! point of principle re-Dundee ma erse. words cant explain what I think o' the wee cretin!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Dodds is a wee tit, wi' big lugs. canny stand the wee Hun twat! point of principle re-Dundee ma erse. words cant explain what I think o' the wee cretin!

Was Dodds not a coach or assistant manager when Dundee went into Admin. and he got emptied. Must still be hurting.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm loving the way the Huns are organising boycotts of SFA sponsors like Ladbrokes and McDonalds. They actually think they are that influential and important. How about boycotting the country, ye fannies.

Thread on Follow Follow - 'Targeting Vauxhall'

It's brilliant on there. Get yourselves registered and enjoy the show.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 24-04-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Was Dodds not a coach or assistant manager when Dundee went into Admin. and he got emptied. Must still be hurting.
    He was, funny what a few years can do to you ...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Fo...-is-clear.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Try to keep a straight face whilst reading this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ag84d1.png
    Isn't the word 'impartial' meant to reflect fair and unbiased, in which case not what the moron who created this meant?

Try learning the Queen's english you twat

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Isn't the word 'impartial' meant to reflect fair and unbiased, in which case not what the moron who created this meant?

Try learning the Queen's english you twat

They know exactly what they want.

They know if the judgements are fair and unbiased they are screwed!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Talking of sponsors and apologies if this has already been covered, but what would happen with all the sponsorship deals associated with old RFC if they were liquidated? I'm assuming they'd be dead in the water, with new RFC open to offers to deals like JJB, Tennents and Audi again?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Like Lennon, but with a bit more intelligence about it, he's doing his best to deflect the supports anger on to anybody that isn't himself or Saint Sir Murray Lord of Govan.

But it is an utter nonsense, as those peoples lives would likely be in danger should their identities be published. Rules that are good enough for criminal trials are good enough for a football one. This nonsense that Rangers should be treated differently, apparently by people they know, and presumably approve of?

As for the appeal, isn't it also heard by an independent? On what grounds can they appeal, is there anything beyond them not being happy? I'd have thought you'd need new evidence or something along those lines...

All the arguments I have read / heard against this ruling - Rangers are too important, effect on whole of Scottish football, Craig Whyte did it all and ran away - are completely irrelevant. Nobody has rebutted the substance of the ruling, therefore it should stand.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Good article by Leckie

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...e-Rangers.html

I am particularly irked by the element of the Rangers public that seems to think that Scottish football owes them something. They couldn't give a stuff about the state of Scottish football when they were spending millions (they didn't have) on a bunch of foreign internationals to cover the fact they were producing hardly any decent homegrown players. Now we're supposed to care about them? It's bad comedy.

This will upset the Huns and their American saviour, google "The Great Disappointment" and see whose name comes up!

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Good article by Leckie

I am particularly irked by the element of the Rangers public that seems to think that Scottish football owes them something. They couldn't give a stuff about the state of Scottish football when they were spending millions (they didn't have) on a bunch of foreign internationals to cover the fact they were producing hardly any decent homegrown players. Now we're supposed to care about them? It's bad comedy.
    Hypocrite,swap Rangers for Celtic and that article could of been written before "St Fergus of McCann" stepped in and saved the lesser greens, get shot of both and let's play fitbaw.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Good article by Leckie

One of the most annoying things about the " Scottish football needs the huns " argument is the lack of a similar press angle when they were prostituting themselves to the Premiership. So they'd be prepared to **** on all the other clubs from a great height but now it's hit the fan we've all got to cuddle up and get behind them?
    Don't think so.
    Also, not only were they spending millions on foreign internationals, they were buying up the best of homegrown talent from other Scottish clubs, using money they didn't ( or shouldn't ) have.
    Can they not understand the definition of the word cheating?
    A 1 year ban on transfers is a joke, 3 or 5 years minimum, sell off all their assets and let them train on a dog turd strewn public park.

'This decision could kill the club.' Aye, right. So it's the SFA's fault Rangers are in the state they're in, is it? Has nothing to do with the inbred ****bags wandering around Govan wearing club ties? Nothing to do with the way Whyte and Murray before him spent fortunes that they either didn't have or that belonged to someone else?

If I was in a charitable mood - I'd say that Rangers money men are guilty of gross immorality in the way that their accounts were handled. But I'm not. I would not be at all surprised if it emerged that they knowingly set out to commit fraud, tax evasion and a number of other criminal offences. I think they believed that no-one could touch them because they were the mighty Rangers and that they didn't care whether other clubs or organisations suffered because of their malfeasance. And they probably would have got away with it if they'd kept it to Scotland. But no, they got stupid and greedy and stole from HMRC. And then they found out that the taxman doesn't care about the great cultural institution of The Glorious Rangers FC. Boo-hoo. It's not our fault you dip****s were too greedy and not smart enough to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

The SFA should have acted years ago - but then the Old Firm and the SFA have a relationship much like that between Tony Blair and Rupert Murdoch. If they'd done their jobs properly they might have had to stop sucking on the tit of corporate hospitality. And we can't have the chinless wonders from Hampden missing the Ibrox Christmas dinner, can we? Who knows when Donald Findlay is going to do one of his hilarious songs again?

I am now firmly of the opinion that no punishment is strong enough. The creditors should be given as much of the money owed to them as possible and the more unpleasant the way the money is extracted from Ibrox, the better.

And as for this idea that Rangers should be saved for the good of the game? Is it good for the game that Hearts won't get the money owed to them? Or Austria Vienna? Is it good that Rangers have cheated their way to titles and league positions that by rights belonged to honourable, law-abiding teams? It's okay that a club can break almost every financial regulation in place and expect no meaningful punishment? How is that good for the rest of the league?

Juventus had titles stripped from them and were relegated for their part in match-fixing. Rangers are guilty of a multitude of offences, but somehow they think they should get away scot-free. Eh, naw. I know your average weegie isn't the brightest, but even the most cretinous example of cro-magnon man in the locality should be able to understand the basic concept of cause and effect. You spent at least a decade fiddling the books so you could come out ahead. Now you've been caught. **** ye.

Burn Ibrox to the ground and sell the land off for flats. Make Rangers play non-league football and that the only way back into the SFL is if they all convert to Catholicism and beg the pope for forgiveness. Make them play in green and white hooped shirts and turn the club anthem into Ave Maria. Have them play their pre-season friendlies against the Real IRA and a Vatican City XI.

That'd be a deserved punishment and, considering everything they've done, they'd still be lucky to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBolivar View Post
    'This decision could kill the club.' Aye, right. So it's the SFA's fault Rangers are in the state they're in, is it? Has nothing to do with the inbred ****bags wandering around Govan wearing club ties? Nothing to do with the way Whyte and Murray before him spent fortunes that they either didn't have or that belonged to someone else?

If I was in a charitable mood - I'd say that Rangers money men are guilty of gross immorality in the way that their accounts were handled. But I'm not. I would not be at all surprised if it emerged that they knowingly set out to commit fraud, tax evasion and a number of other criminal offences. I think they believed that no-one could touch them because they were the mighty Rangers and that they didn't care whether other clubs or organisations suffered because of their malfeasance. And they probably would have got away with it if they'd kept it to Scotland. But no, they got stupid and greedy and stole from HMRC. And then they found out that the taxman doesn't care about the great cultural institution of The Glorious Rangers FC. Boo-hoo. It's not our fault you dip****s were too greedy and not smart enough to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

The SFA should have acted years ago - but then the Old Firm and the SFA have a relationship much like that between Tony Blair and Rupert Murdoch. If they'd done their jobs properly they might have had to stop sucking on the tit of corporate hospitality. And we can't have the chinless wonders from Hampden missing the Ibrox Christmas dinner, can we? Who knows when Donald Findlay is going to do one of his hilarious songs again?

I am now firmly of the opinion that no punishment is strong enough. The creditors should be given as much of the money owed to them as possible and the more unpleasant the way the money is extracted from Ibrox, the better.

And as for this idea that Rangers should be saved for the good of the game? Is it good for the game that Hearts won't get the money owed to them? Or Austria Vienna? Is it good that Rangers have cheated their way to titles and league positions that by rights belonged to honourable, law-abiding teams? It's okay that a club can break almost every financial regulation in place and expect no meaningful punishment? How is that good for the rest of the league?

Juventus had titles stripped from them and were relegated for their part in match-fixing. Rangers are guilty of a multitude of offences, but somehow they think they should get away scot-free. Eh, naw. I know your average weegie isn't the brightest, but even the most cretinous example of cro-magnon man in the locality should be able to understand the basic concept of cause and effect. You spent at least a decade fiddling the books so you could come out ahead. Now you've been caught. **** ye.

Burn Ibrox to the ground and sell the land off for flats. Make Rangers play non-league football and that the only way back into the SFL is if they all convert to Catholicism and beg the pope for forgiveness. Make them play in green and white hooped shirts and turn the club anthem into Ave Maria. Have them play their pre-season friendlies against the Real IRA and a Vatican City XI.

That'd be a deserved punishment and, considering everything they've done, they'd still be lucky to exist.
    As general summary this is pretty much spot on