hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 176 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 761261661741751761771781862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "football-related creditors", though, is an irrelevance in Scotland.

Or have I misunderstood your point?

Wasnt sure who D+P designated as "Football Related Creditors" CWG.

The amount that D+P suggest is due to FRC appear to only be the debt oweing to Scottish clubs and authorities and the figure published in the document under that category does not appear to include money owed to Vienna, Chelsea or Manchester City.

While I realise that money may well be paid to the national clubs out of SPL prize money UEFA will undoubtedly frown (more than frown hopefully) on the money owed to other European clubs, especially if it isnt paid in full.

Duff and Phelps statement here

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles...~174334,00.pdf
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 21-04-2012 at 09:57 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Wasnt sure who D+P designated as "Football Related Creditors" CWG.

The amount that D+P suggest is due to FRC appear to only be the debt oweing to Scottish clubs and authorities and the figure published in the document under that category does not appear to include money owed to Vienna, Chelsea or Manchester City.

While I realise that money may well be paid to the national clubs out of SPL prize money UEFA will undoubtedly frown (more than frown hopefully) on the money owed to other European clubs, especially if it isnt paid in full.
    As I understand the law, though, it's irrelevant what UEFA think. All creditors are entitled to be treated the same, FRC or not. I know that the FA have different rules, but I am not sure how they manage to trump the law in that respect.

As far as the Scottish clubs are concerned, they should be treated in the same way. If any money is due from the SFA or SPL, that should go into the pot for the benefit of all creditors. If I were, say, Glasgow Council, I would be very angry if that money was diverted and the clubs paid in full.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Speaking with a friend who is a senior member of HMRC in Scotland , while refusing point blank to discuss RFC which is understandable, he made the point that " .... cannot describe the level of embarressment , at HMRC , over the failure to get a verdict in the Harry Redknapp case and they certainly will not be wanting a repeat with RFC "
    Take what you like out of that
    I like your friend.

@hibs.net private member
    That says to me that it has been settled.
    I know.

Its just that D+P designated it should have a line all to itself amongst the creditors that states TBC. Maybe it has been confirmed and it's dealt with.

@hibs.net private member
    As I understand the law, though, it's irrelevant what UEFA think. All creditors are entitled to be treated the same, FRC or not. I know that the FA have different rules, but I am not sure how they manage to trump the law in that respect.

As far as the Scottish clubs are concerned, they should be treated in the same way. If any money is due from the SFA or SPL, that should go into the pot for the benefit of all creditors. If I were, say, Glasgow Council, I would be very angry if that money was diverted and the clubs paid in full.

Does the same not apply to any deal brokered with Ticketus which would then get their approval for a CVA?

For example can the Blue Knights strike a deal with Ticketus that would net them (Ticketus) say 50p in the £ and in return Ticketus, as 48% creditor, vote their approval of the CVA that might net the rest of the creditors considerably less?

Been reading into this Bill Murry “incubator” idea n please someone tell me i'm wrong but i'm reading into this is the the heart moving to an incubator he means to me is

The heart means the club assetts (Ibrox & murry park) which D&P have stated a value of £109m and making that the newco, Leaving current Rangers in administration until a CVA is agreed then will move the heart back & close the newco however if this is not agreed he has to liquidise Rangers but however the main assets (Ibrox & murry park) cannot be used to raise money as they are part of the new company & creditors get bugger all & the newco reforms debt free with £109m fixed assets in place
    Last edited by Brando7; 21-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    Been reading into this Bill Murry “incubator” idea n please someone tell me i'm wrong but i'm reading into this is the the heart moving to an incubator he means to me is

The club assetts (Ibrox & murry park) which D&P have stated a value of £109m and making that the newco, Leaving current Rangers in administration until a CVA is agreed then will move the heart back & close the newco however if this is not agreed he has to liquidise Rangers but however the main assets (Ibrox & murry park) cannot be used to raise money as they are part of the new company & creditors get bugger all & the newco reforms debt free with £109m fixed assets in place
    In another universe, Ibrox and Murray Park might have a value of £109m.

That aside, moving the assets in the way you suggest, before liquidation, would be a complete no-no. A liquidator would demand them back.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Does the same not apply to any deal brokered with Ticketus which would then get their approval for a CVA?

For example can the Blue Knights strike a deal with Ticketus that would net them (Ticketus) say 50p in the £ and in return Ticketus, as 48% creditor, vote their approval of the CVA that might net the rest of the creditors considerably less?
    HMRC usually insist that all creditor are treated equally. They can block any CVA which does not achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    HMRC usually insist that all creditor are treated equally. They can block any CVA which does not achieve this.
    It's the law, not HMRC, that insists that all creditors are treated the same. HMRC can only block a CVA if their debt is 25% of the total.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Which does not achieve this officially.

Did the Blue knights not suggest something like they had done a deal (only they hadnt) with Ticketus in that Ticketus were receiving £17m over a period of time in return for their supporting the BK?

The cynic in me read that as buying their support for a CVA.

Which does not achieve this officially.

Did the Blue knights not suggest something like they had done a deal (only they hadnt) with Ticketus in that Ticketus were receiving £17m over a period of time in return for their supporting the BK?

The cynic in me read that as buying their support for a CVA.
    By striking a deal, Ticketus would remove their claim as a creditor. In turn, that would improve the return to other creditors.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    HMRC wrote off, in their minds anyway, most of their debt a while ago. Even a solvent Rangers couldn't pay the sums being talked about.
    There's no-one sniffing glue at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member
    By striking a deal, Ticketus would remove their claim as a creditor. In turn, that would improve the return to other creditors.
    If they dealt with Ticketus, who were then removed as a creditor, HMRC would then be owed more than 50% of the debt that was left and there would then be little or no chance of them getting their CVA? Is my thinking correct?

If they dealt with Ticketus, who were then removed as a creditor, HMRC would then be owed more than 50% of the debt that was left and there would then be little or no chance of them getting their CVA? Is my thinking correct?
    That seems sensible to me.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-04-2012 at 11:33 PM.

From todays Scotsman, McCoist saying that they will be scrapping it out for a top 6 place next season at best, doubt they will even be in the SPL.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...oist-1-2248805

ALLY McCoist fears that the best-case scenario for Rangers next season could be scrapping it out for a place in the top six.
    Even if the Ibrox club exit administration through a Company Voluntary Arrangement, they are likely to lose major playing assets. In return for 75 per cent wage cuts, all the high earners had clauses inserted into their contracts that will allow them to leave in the summer for modest fees. With none of the prospective new owners promising major investment, most players are likely to activate these clauses.

Even if Rangers are not liquidated, McCoist’s hopes of making a trophy-winning impression as manager will involve having to work with a squad with youth at its core.

Hibernian under Tony Mowbray flourished with a young side in the mid-2000s, finishing third and fourth, but McCoist fears even that may be beyond Rangers.
    “You’d have to say that it’s a possibility [that Rangers will field a very young team]. We don’t know what the outcome is going to be. I’m not in control of the situation in terms of bringing players in or selling players. We don’t know the finances, if and when we get a new owner.

“It’s not always gone badly when kids have been thrown in but you’d have to say there’s absolutely no way we’d reach any level of where we have been, if that was the case. Certainly for the foreseeable future, and the next two, three, four years could be challenging. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.
    “Hibs did well with young players but they arguably had the best batch in the last 20 or 30 years in Scottish football. I’m not saying our batch are anything as good as that. So fourth might not even be remotely possible.”

If Rangers became as irrelevant to the title race as the club were in the early 1980s McCoist admits it would become the “biggest test” of a support who largely deserted the club during that fallow period.

“I really do [think the fans would continue to back Rangers]. In a perverse way, they like adversity, a challenge. I think they’ve been sensational. I don’t think there are many clubs in the world who could get 48,000 for an old boys’ game. Now it could be about getting 48,000 for a young boys’ game.

“Ever since administration, the fans have turned up to Inverness and wherever we’ve been. I just think they’ve been great.

“It would be our biggest test, there is no doubt about that. It would be an absolutely massive test but I really don’t think it would scare them. It would galvanise them, be an act of defiance.”

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    From todays Scotsman, McCoist saying that they will be scrapping it out for a top 6 place next season at best, doubt they will even be in the SPL.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...oist-1-2248805

ALLY McCoist fears that the best-case scenario for Rangers next season could be scrapping it out for a place in the top six.
    Even if the Ibrox club exit administration through a Company Voluntary Arrangement, they are likely to lose major playing assets. In return for 75 per cent wage cuts, all the high earners had clauses inserted into their contracts that will allow them to leave in the summer for modest fees. With none of the prospective new owners promising major investment, most players are likely to activate these clauses.

Even if Rangers are not liquidated, McCoist’s hopes of making a trophy-winning impression as manager will involve having to work with a squad with youth at its core.

Hibernian under Tony Mowbray flourished with a young side in the mid-2000s, finishing third and fourth, but McCoist fears even that may be beyond Rangers.
    “You’d have to say that it’s a possibility [that Rangers will field a very young team]. We don’t know what the outcome is going to be. I’m not in control of the situation in terms of bringing players in or selling players. We don’t know the finances, if and when we get a new owner.

“It’s not always gone badly when kids have been thrown in but you’d have to say there’s absolutely no way we’d reach any level of where we have been, if that was the case. Certainly for the foreseeable future, and the next two, three, four years could be challenging. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.
    “Hibs did well with young players but they arguably had the best batch in the last 20 or 30 years in Scottish football. I’m not saying our batch are anything as good as that. So fourth might not even be remotely possible.”

If Rangers became as irrelevant to the title race as the club were in the early 1980s McCoist admits it would become the “biggest test” of a support who largely deserted the club during that fallow period.

“I really do [think the fans would continue to back Rangers]. In a perverse way, they like adversity, a challenge. I think they’ve been sensational. I don’t think there are many clubs in the world who could get 48,000 for an old boys’ game. Now it could be about getting 48,000 for a young boys’ game.

“Ever since administration, the fans have turned up to Inverness and wherever we’ve been. I just think they’ve been great.

“It would be our biggest test, there is no doubt about that. It would be an absolutely massive test but I really don’t think it would scare them. It would galvanise them, be an act of defiance.”
    Absolutely gutted to hear this!

Had me thinking though that a great adventure from the third division may take a little longer than people are thinking. And whose to say very promising youngsters would want to stay? Even longer still :-)
    Space to let

I'm wondering if it could be argued that the SFA/SPL money is not Rangers' entitlement, but it belongs to the SFA/SPL to distribute as they see fit within their rules. Those rules include a clause allowing them to divert money from a defaulting club direct to a creditor club, so creditors like Glasgow Council (or even non-Scottish football clubs) can whistle.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 22-04-2012 at 08:39 AM.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Its Sunday.

Can they not just die already.

(although to be fair, it does give something interesting to read during the week)

Scottish football needs it arse kicked and the two main offenders at the moment and Huns and mini-huns. One of them needs to be sacrificed before the end of the season, the other before the start of next.

How disappointing it would be to turn up at Hampden only to be told Hearts no longer existed.
    Ah well - every cloud and all that!

In another universe, Ibrox and Murray Park might have a value of £109m.

That aside, moving the assets in the way you suggest, before liquidation, would be a complete no-no. A liquidator would demand them back.
    Funnily enough, the value of freehold properties in the accounts is £112m and the attached note says "The Directors determined the valuation of freehold properties based on their recoverable amount as at 30 June 2010." (My underlining).

Badly worded for sure, but a pedantic creditor could argue that that is the sort of figure the administrators should be looking for in a sale or transfer to a Newco. Otherwise there's an accusation of false accounting against the directors...including Paul Murray.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/315845/

If there is any truth in this article its time some people broke ranks and killed these behind the scenes deals.

Where's Vlad when you need him. This has all the ingredients for Monkeys, etc rant.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Funnily enough, the value of freehold properties in the accounts is £112m and the attached note says "The Directors determined the valuation of freehold properties based on their recoverable amount as at 30 June 2010." (My underlining).

Badly worded for sure, but a pedantic creditor could argue that that is the sort of figure the administrators should be looking for in a sale or transfer to a Newco. Otherwise there's an accusation of false accounting against the directors...including Paul Murray.
    'mon the pedantic creditors!

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

If there is any truth in this article its time some people broke ranks and killed these behind the scenes deals.

Where's Vlad when you need him. This has all the ingredients for Monkeys, etc rant.

In the article, the journalist states that the newco would take ownership of the clubs assets, specifically mentioning Ibrox, Murray Park and the players.

Clark then re-iterates this further down without mentioning the specific assets.

How does this stand with 3rd party ownership of player contracts?

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I can't really be bothered looking for what's happening, and I don't really understand the financial stuff.. So what's happening with them at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

I don't think it's Doncaster's call to do these "deals". At best, he can promise to put it to his Board, or the other clubs, with a recommendation that they accept it.

The other thought that I have is that this article is merely meant to put pressure on the Knights to up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    I can't really be bothered looking for what's happening, and I don't really understand the financial stuff.. So what's happening with them at the moment?
    As each week passes, RFC have less cash. There is therefore a lot of pressure on to do a deal with somebody very soon. Bums are squeaking.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I'm wondering if it could be argued that the SFA/SPL money is not Rangers' entitlement, but it belongs to the SFA/SPL to distribute as they see fit within their rules. Those rules include a clause allowing them to divert money from a defaulting club direct to a creditor club, so creditors like Glasgow Council (or even non-Scottish football clubs) can whistle.
    Hmmm... you may be right. Struggling, though, to think of an analogy in the "real" commercial world.

Is it like, say, a "contingent debtor".... ie will only be paid if certain conditions are met?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    How many posts do you have on this thread cropleywasgod?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'nessHibee View Post
    How many posts do you have on this thread cropleywasgod?
    *ifano. Why?
    Last edited by HNA4; 22-04-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Swear filter bypass

Hmmm... you may be right. Struggling, though, to think of an analogy in the "real" commercial world.

Is it like, say, a "contingent debtor".... ie will only be paid if certain conditions are met?
    Can't really help you with the analogy thing, but the SPL is an association of clubs - a co-operative if you like. Its role in this respect is to collect income and then distribute it according to the rules - the money belongs to everyone and no-one within the association until such time as it has been handed out. As the rules cover a default in payments between one member and another the SPL board can recalculate the distribution accordingly. Not so much a contingent debtor, more like an assignable one.

I think that makes sense.