hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1475 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 47597513751425146514731474147514761477 ... LastLast
Results 44,221 to 44,250 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even though the first page shows a date stamp of March 31st?
    We're talking about 2 different things, I think.

The ones you posted are for the football club. The ones with the share issue etc are for Rangers International, which will give a better overall picture. It's the latter that are due to publish 6 monthly accounts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    We're talking about 2 different things, I think.

The ones you posted are for the football club. The ones with the share issue etc are for Rangers International, which will give a better overall picture. It's the latter that are due to publish 6 monthly accounts.
    Ah right, serves me right for commenting on things I don't understand. I'll get back to Autocad presently......

Ah right, serves me right for commenting on things I don't understand. I'll get back to Autocad presently......
    Scool. They boozle the bam out of me sometimes, too

Even though the first page shows a date stamp of March 31st?
    Was that not the accounts to 30 June 2022. If they have issues with their finances they may not publish a 6 month accounts. Hope they go bust again, they will only have themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Was that not the accounts to 30 June 2022. If they have issues with their finances they may not publish a 6 month accounts. Hope they go bust again, they will only have themselves to blame.
    Not an expert in PLC's, but I'm pretty sure they have to.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I get childishly excited when I see this thread at the top of the page again. Sadly there are too many very rich huns that means they'll probably never die completely. They are light years behind celtic on and off the park though. I'm not sure they'll ever catch up. They chucked every available penny at stopping 10 in a row failing to grasp that all they've done is leave it at 1 league win in 11 years, might even get to 1 in 20 years or more. Anyway **** them, in a fair world they would disappear and never been seen again

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I get childishly excited when I see this thread at the top of the page again. Sadly there are too many very rich huns that means they'll probably never die completely. They are light years behind celtic on and off the park though. I'm not sure they'll ever catch up. They chucked every available penny at stopping 10 in a row failing to grasp that all they've done is leave it at 1 league win in 11 years, might even get to 1 in 20 years or more. Anyway **** them, in a fair world they would disappear and never been seen again
    The bit that I don't get is why people who were clever and astute enough to become super wealthy are then prepared to throw away good money chasing bad trying to keep that mob afloat. Seems to be that liking that mob activates the reckless button in their collective heads. As wildly reckless with money as Sevco have shown themselves to be, those super wealthy types aren't going to make vast fortunes from a football team in Scotland and they must know that from the start.

Should they not be relatively cash rich at this stage of the season though? Going by those accounts, the money coming through the turnstiles is still a huge proportion of their income - and much of that will be via season tickets, a high proportion of which they’ll have already received the cash for.

If they’re needing to raise cash in this way at this stage then surely that’s concerning for them?

In that they’re surely only another early European exit away from being in big trouble? (They’ve raised a good few quid via some very respectable European performances under Gerrard and GVB).

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They’re just doing the “for every fiver, we’ll spend a tenner” thing again, but being less blatant about where they get the money from.

And it’s also not working.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Should they not be relatively cash rich at this stage of the season though? Going by those accounts, the money coming through the turnstiles is still a huge proportion of their income - and much of that will be via season tickets, a high proportion of which they’ll have already received the cash for.

If they’re needing to raise cash in this way at this stage then surely that’s concerning for them?

In that they’re surely only another early European exit away from being in big trouble? (They’ve raised a good few quid via some very respectable European performances under Gerrard and GVB).
    Obviously I'm not in the know but everything about this smacks of them being in financial **** street. The fact that Ross Wilson and the Supreme Leader Douglas Park both bolted within a week does (I hope) mean that they know what's coming down the pike. Hopefully they are again in breach of the FSR and are close to being banned from Europe. Hell mend them, I hope they go bust. Again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Pretty much. They're follow following the same gamblers strategy Whyte etc tried. They also lack assets to sell and the ones they do have are either too old or out of contract soon. None of this matters to the bigoted press though. Ra Ranjurs have a right to avoid Fiscal fair play all in the name of keeping the sectarian gravy train running. They're like Hearts more obsessed with the opposition rather than their own club. If they had built the newco back up with youth and accepted Celtic are a bigger and better run football club then they might have been in a position to put in a longer term challenge by now/Instead they gave Stevie G(friend of the Kinahans) carte blanch to spend on utter pish. It was miraculous how he got a bunch of well in to their 30s footballers running around like Russians at the 2018 world cup.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Do you think any of these Rangers directors are buying these at this price, so when it’s eventually sold they’ll make a small fortune on their shares?

Or are they only keeping The Rangers alive

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do you think any of these Rangers directors are buying these at this price, so when it’s eventually sold they’ll make a small fortune on their shares?

Or are they only keeping The Rangers alive
    None of them are getting their money back, looks to me that they are simply keeping the lights on at this point.

None of them are getting their money back, looks to me that they are simply keeping the lights on at this point.
    Probably why Park has walked way! He has ploughed through a fair amount of cash and will now be thinking its time some other of the brethren dig deep.

Probably why Park has walked way! He has ploughed through a fair amount of cash and will now be thinking its time some other of the brethren dig deep.
    Or he's looked up and noticed the FSR train headlights heading towards them. I hope so anyway.

Or he's looked up and noticed the FSR train headlights heading towards them. I hope so anyway.
    Fingers crossed

Ok, but I thought a few of them got money back in the last year or so

Ok, but I thought a few of them got money back in the last year or so
    Not sure there were were a few but I could be wrong on that. The Lying King certainly had a loan repaid but it was reported that he had threatened them with legal action. Probably a share issue that paid for that lol.....

BREAKING: Rangers multi-million court case over Hummel kit deal goes ahead as Elite administrators confirm action WILL proceed

thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football…

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    BREAKING: Rangers multi-million court case over Hummel kit deal goes ahead as Elite administrators confirm action WILL proceed

Hurrah. Could this see them losing even more money? 🤞🤞🤞

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Hurrah. Could this see them losing even more money? 🤞🤞🤞
    Probably explains the latest share nonsense earlier in the week. Just guessing though obviously!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I read that as administration will proceed, a little wee came out in excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Probably explains the latest share nonsense earlier in the week. Just guessing though obviously!
    The share issue was probably too small to be a factor but it might explain why Supreme Leader Park bolted so abruptly.

That link is taking me to a story about Michael Beale so here's another link...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ators-castore/
    Last edited by HoboHarry; 20-04-2023 at 04:08 PM.

Seeing as we're just talking abut money, I thought I'd get a bit of actual football in by re-posting this lovely wee image...

The_Score.jpg

Good riddance, another dinosaur gone

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...appointed-ceo/

That is a monumental decision and I'm going to say again that there is something seriously afoot at Sevco. Whatever I or anyone else think of them, he was probably the most sensible head in their boardroom and within a month they've lost their Chairman, managing director and DOF. They are bailing out before the **** really hits the fan IMHO. **** them and I hope they go bust.

That is a monumental decision and I'm going to say again that there is something seriously afoot at Sevco. Whatever I or anyone else think of them, he was probably the most sensible head in their boardroom and within a month they've lost their Chairman, managing director and DOF. They are bailing out before the **** really hits the fan IMHO. **** them and I hope they go bust.
    There’s a lot written about Rangers but my feelings could be perfectly summed up by your last sentence.

Their man on the inside at the SPFL Board during the (non) smoking gun dossier period.

Left by mutual consent!
    Do they still have the ex DUP bigot working for them? The orange order must be loaded as they're being bussed into Scotland regularly for marches. Since 2014 there's been a huge surge in marches. Someone's money is paying for that. Maybe Rangers can get some of that leftover dirty Russian money from Brexit campaigning. I'd love to see them go tits up again.