hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1470 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 47097013701420146014681469147014711472 ... LastLast
Results 44,071 to 44,100 of 44390
    That club have no shame.Get your own house in order first before coming out with statements like that. There were two glass bottles thrown by their fans at us in the East Stand in the semi as well as bottles thrown at our players can't recollect any statements issued by them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Aw, isn’t that just someone has accidentally reposted the club statement from May 2016🤔

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I heard on Radio Scotland that there were eight arrests after the game. For an Old Firm derby , I would have thought this was remarkably low.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard on Radio Scotland that there were eight arrests after the game. For an Old Firm derby , I would have thought this was remarkably low.
    Remember the days when arrests were highlighted along with the other match stats in the newspapers. Different times.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    That club have no shame.Get your own house in order first before coming out with statements like that. There were two glass bottles thrown by their fans at us in the East Stand in the semi as well as bottles thrown at our players can't recollect any statements issued by them.
    Wish our club would come out and back our fans. Total silence after every Ibrox visit. Cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Wish our club would come out and back our fans. Total silence after every Ibrox visit. Cowards.
    Harsh, and a futile exercise. There is not a chance of the media reporting a story that a few Hibs fans were hit by missiles at Ibrox or Celtic park. MSM have zero self-awareness. They cannot see past the Glasgow twins and the double standards. For The Rangers to issue a statement about a few of their fans being targeted is frankly as pathetic as it is laughable.

The common link between every major disturbance at football in Scotland (and abroad when they play in Europe) is ... The Rangers Football Club 2012.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Harsh, and a futile exercise. There is not a chance of the media reporting a story that a few Hibs fans were hit by missiles at Ibrox or Celtic park. MSM have zero self-awareness. They cannot see past the Glasgow twins and the double standards. For The Rangers to issue a statement about a few of their fans being targeted is frankly as pathetic as it is laughable.

The common link between every major disturbance at football in Scotland (and abroad when they play in Europe) is ... The Rangers Football Club 2012.
    I don't think it's harsh. Dempster continually crapped out of calling out the Huns.
    If she had, it would have been reported, if only for the backlash from the Huns.

@hibs.net private member
    I think the one certainty that would come from calling out the Huns is that it would end up being the Hibs that would feel the backlash. It’s pointless whingeing about it, I know it’s not right but what is when it comes to the dastardly duo?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The brass neck they have to come out with this statement -

Fingers crossed Police Scotland take notice and make a big deal about it, as it sets a precedent. Should that happen we just need to call out every instance of their fans doing the same to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Fingers crossed Police Scotland take notice and make a big deal about it, as it sets a precedent. Should that happen we just need to call out every instance of their fans doing the same to ourselves.

But what did Police Scotland actually do and did they have a remit/instructions to do anything other than contain thousands of orange and blue clad followers of a club?
    Marching in their thousands to City Centre ignoring covid rules

A new club who won a first league title just a few years after they were formed and their followers wrecked George Square and other parts of the City in "celebration"
    Glasgow council taxpayer still footing that costs of that mayhem and destruction.
    Newco should have paid for the untold needless wreckless,damage and disruption to the peaceful citizens of Glasgow and their was plenty of that over those days.

If sevco get to Seville,i trust our PC Pod and Glasgow City Council will be warning their counterparts in Seville of the incoming uncontrolable sunami of madness, aka no one likes us we dont care,and mayhem
    Sorry for any Hi-Bees and others who may have booked hoidays in the region around same times
    These hordes will flood the resorts in their thousands
    Sevilla ground only hold 50k Zombies wont get anywhere near half of those
    So a Manchester situation is on the cards

Of course most of the above could be avioded if the Germans can beat the stickies the morn
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 04-05-2022 at 09:14 AM.

The west coast media don't care even if we made a statement.What gets me is that clubs high and mighty attitude when it happens to their fans. Their fans cause more trouble than any club. Look at their so called celebrations when they won the league. We have had to tolerate this thuggish behaviour from them and Celtic fans for as long as I have been watching Hibs which amounts to 56 years. Its a sad indictment on both these clubs that they still have scu# that behave like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    The Glasgow police will do nothing as per usual.

"Rangers Football Club have been accused of conspiring to illegally fix the prices of club merchandise.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) found the club colluded with retailers JD Sports and Elite Sports to keep prices of replica kits high from September 2018 to at least July 2019.

The CMA said the three parties could expect heavy fines if found guilty.

Rangers said they would review the provisional findings before submitting a response.

The UK competition watchdog found that Rangers were involved in the alleged collusion, but only to the extent of fixing the price of adult replica short-sleeved home shirts."

Another day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    "Rangers Football Club have been accused of conspiring to illegally fix the prices of club merchandise.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) found the club colluded with retailers JD Sports and Elite Sports to keep prices of replica kits high from September 2018 to at least July 2019.

Rangers said they would review the provisional findings before submitting a response.

The UK competition watchdog found that Rangers were involved in the alleged collusion, but only to the extent of fixing the price of adult replica short-sleeved home shirts."

Another day in court.
    Ripping off their own fans… I’m sure the staunch bunch will find some way to defend them whilst at the same time blaming everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Ripping off their own fans… I’m sure the staunch bunch will find some way to defend them whilst at the same time blaming everyone else.
    Yep, a quick glance at Rangers Media, it’s all a distraction to keep Celtic stories out of the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post

Another day in court.
    Nothing surprises me with that lot.

Haven't seen anything lately about the cinch debacle, nothing since they covered up their name/logo with tape. If there was any reduction in their sponsorship money then I hope it all came out of Rangers' share.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/BBCScotComms/sta...avDYKK0eA&s=19

BBC apology to the Rangers to end the dispute!!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Very cringeworthy. How can people trust the media to do their jobs properly? This BBC statement makes it clear that they can't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    https://twitter.com/BBCScotComms/sta...avDYKK0eA&s=19

BBC apology to the Rangers to end the dispute!!!
    Imagine how Spence is feeling now. The Beeb are in full unionist attack mode away from football so it makes sense for them to try and appease the loyalist pitbulls. Pathetic. They'll run anti racism campaigns whilst praising the atmosphere at Ibrox without the slightest hint of irony.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Imagine how Spence is feeling now. The Beeb are in full unionist attack mode away from football so it makes sense for them to try and appease the loyalist pitbulls. Pathetic. They'll run anti racism campaigns whilst praising the atmosphere at Ibrox without the slightest hint of irony.
    Jeez, what is our national broadcasters editorial "standard" on the indirect broadcasting of banned sectarian hate songs ?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Jeez, what is our national broadcasters editorial "standard" on the indirect broadcasting of banned sectarian hate songs ?

I think the trouble is it's someone else's national broadcaster, and it maybe suits that 'someone else' to foster as much division as they can in these last days

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I think the trouble is it's someone else's national broadcaster, and it maybe suits that 'someone else' to foster as much division as they can in these last days
    Bingo. Orange walks are up by 129% since 2014. Someone is paying to bus in a lot of obese bigots from Ulster.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Absolutely disgraceful from the BBC. Newco the victim. I expect Hibs to refuse entry to biased ‘pundits’ like Levein and Preston.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    **** the BBC.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I agree but it would be interesting if the Scottish government decided to enforce it's sectarian hate legislation and to see how the BBC covered it and complied or would their rather transparent bias remain on show?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Oh jeez, what have you done BBC? That is utterly pitiful. Shame on you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful from the BBC. Newco the victim. I expect Hibs to refuse entry to biased ‘pundits’ like Levein and Preston.
    You expect us to act like rangers and refuse entry. Why?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Will Chris McLaughlin now be allowed back into Ibrox?

Pathetic from the BBC, utterly pathetic.

They've hung Chris McLaughlin out to dry on this one, it would be interesting to see what specific aspects of his reporting the BBC considered did not meet their editorial standards and why they think it didn't meet their standards.

No specific apology or reference to specific articles/reports makes me think that they're just doing this to appease Sevco and their fans and get back into Ibrox as they think it was harming their coverage.

I'd hazard a guess that Chris McLaughlin still won't be welcome to report from there and it'll be other reporters doing all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Precisely this, there is a deeper meaning here rather than football stuff. Trying to keep as many of them inside as they can. I suspect under instruction from those higher up in the BBC