hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1420 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4209201320137014101418141914201421142214301470 ... LastLast
Results 42,571 to 42,600 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Rangers sued for £1.1m over Ibrox disaster tribute garden dispute

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...orts-1-4938531

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Been some rumblings last few days. Judge was due to give a decision on Thursday on SD v Rangers, nothing been published yet
    Had a quick look on a Rangers forum, seemingly Mega store is closed, and all the lights are out
    Anyone know what’s going

This appeared today
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been some rumblings last few days. Judge was due to give a decision on Thursday on SD v Rangers, nothing been published yet
    Had a quick look on a Rangers forum, seemingly Mega store is closed, and all the lights are out
    Anyone know what’s going

This appeared today
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
    I'm no expert on this Billy but my understanding was that the only thing to be decided was the level of compensation due to to Mike Ashley from Sevco. If the store is closed then it looks like Sevco have been run over by the Ashley legal team's Armoured Division......

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I'm no expert on this Billy but my understanding was that the only thing to be decided was the level of compensation due to to Mike Ashley from Sevco. If the store is closed then it looks like Sevco have been run over by the Ashley legal team's Armoured Division......
    Me neither, looks like they’ve tried to dissolve the Company, but it’s been postponed

Me neither, looks like they’ve tried to dissolve the Company, but it’s been postponed
    I think it's more likely have closed the store themselves as part of an out of court settlement with MA.....

I think it's more likely have closed the store themselves as part of an out of court settlement with MA.....

Rangers have opened a few new stores in Glasgow recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Rangers have opened a few new stores in Glasgow recently.
    Click on the link, then People, then King, David Cunningham
    Scroll down to find Rangers 2012 PLC
    Scroll down and at the bottom, shows “The Rangers Football Club PLC
    27th May 1899-31st July 2012”

Click on the link, then People, then King, David Cunningham
    Scroll down to find Rangers 2012 PLC
    Scroll down and at the bottom, shows “The Rangers Football Club PLC
    27th May 1899-31st July 2012”
    But, but but..... the newspapers and Donkeycaster at the SFA said they wuz the same Klubb..........

But, but but..... the newspapers and Donkeycaster at the SFA said they wuz the same Klubb..........
    The judgement has been handed down just that our free press hasn’t mentioned it. JJ has posted last night but it is password protected and only available to those that support his site.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHLANDLEITHER View Post
    The judgement has been handed down just that our free press hasn’t mentioned it. JJ has posted last night but it is password protected and only available to those that support his site.
    It's odd that the press haven't mentioned the closing of the SDI megastore - it's almost like they have something to hide lol......

The Scottish Football Association will make a decision before the end of the year whether to pursue Rangers in connection with "alleged irregularities" in the Ibrox club's application for a UEFA licence in 2011.

Two years ago, the SFA tasked its compliance officer with launching an investigation into the application

Rangers are understood to have had an unpaid tax liability at the time the application was submitted which, had it been disclosed, would have almost certainly voided the application and Celtic would have competed in the early qualifying rounds of the Champions League rather than their Glasgow rivals.

The Light Blues maintain that the "Five-Way Agreement" signed in 2012 by the SFA, Scottish Premier League, Scottish Football League, the old Rangers and the new club set up by Charles Green means that Scottish football's governing body has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Last July, the Association's judicial panel agreed, and indicated that the case would be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland, if they decided to punish the club.

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell told The Times: "I would expect that to come back to the board in the not too distant future.

“It [going to CAS] is still under consideration. We’ll come back on that in due course. I wouldn’t want to put a timescale on it... but I don’t think we would let it go for ever.”

In the Times and Scotsman today, but need to subscribe to read

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The Scottish Football Association will make a decision before the end of the year whether to pursue Rangers in connection with "alleged irregularities" in the Ibrox club's application for a UEFA licence in 2011.

Two years ago, the SFA tasked its compliance officer with launching an investigation into the application

Rangers are understood to have had an unpaid tax liability at the time the application was submitted which, had it been disclosed, would have almost certainly voided the application and Celtic would have competed in the early qualifying rounds of the Champions League rather than their Glasgow rivals.

The Light Blues maintain that the "Five-Way Agreement" signed in 2012 by the SFA, Scottish Premier League, Scottish Football League, the old Rangers and the new club set up by Charles Green means that Scottish football's governing body has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Last July, the Association's judicial panel agreed, and indicated that the case would be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland, if they decided to punish the club.

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell told The Times: "I would expect that to come back to the board in the not too distant future.

“It [going to CAS] is still under consideration. We’ll come back on that in due course. I wouldn’t want to put a timescale on it... but I don’t think we would let it go for ever.”

Carpet being lifted, can kicked down the road, kicked into the long grass and nothing to see here.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I think they should have their licence revoked for a number of years as punishment.

Or send them back to the second division again
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think they should have their licence revoked for a number of years as punishment.

Or send them back to the second division again
    Lowland league in my opinion
    Still waiting on the outcome from the Ashley case too

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Interesting read Billy, if I were Sevco I'd be arguing strongly that I'm Sevco and not the now defunct Glasgow rangers that were deliberately put into liquidation to avoid situations just like this.

The current governing bodies will just say they themselves have "moved on" from this. Especially if they didn't look hard enough at the reality at the time the liability was outstanding.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Interesting read Billy, if I were Sevco I'd be arguing strongly that I'm Sevco and not the now defunct Glasgow rangers that were deliberately put into liquidation to avoid situations just like this.

The current governing bodies will just say they themselves have "moved on" from this. Especially if they didn't look hard enough at the reality at the time the liability was outstanding.

It was from here
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...year-1-4946541

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

How on Earth did other clubs agree to this 5 way agreement,surely Rangers were in no position to bargain

Lowland league in my opinion
    Still waiting on the outcome from the Ashley case too
    The outcome is known to those that subscribe to the johnjamessite. No doubt also to the Scottish media but they will not wish to upset Mr Traynor.

The outcome is known to those that subscribe to the johnjamessite. No doubt also to the Scottish media but they will not wish to upset Mr Traynor.
    If it had been a victory for Sevco we would have heard all about it so I'm fairly sure it was a costly mistake by Sevco. The SDI megastore closed around the same time so I'm guessing that they have went their separate ways albeit it would have cost Sevco a pretty penny in compensation to MA......

If it was known to anyone it would be known to everyone. If it’s on any website anywhere, whether behind a paywall or not it would now be common knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If it was known to anyone it would be known to everyone. If it’s on any website anywhere, whether behind a paywall or not it would now be common knowledge.

The closing of the megastore makes me think that something happened, wish I knew what....

If it had been a victory for Sevco we would have heard all about it so I'm fairly sure it was a costly mistake by Sevco. The SDI megastore closed around the same time so I'm guessing that they have went their separate ways albeit it would have cost Sevco a pretty penny in compensation to MA......

Not meaning to sound argumentative or anything but, if the Rangers Stores have closed, then what's THIS?

I've walked past it a couple of times in the past week and it looked open.

Not meaning to sound argumentative or anything but, if the Rangers Stores have closed, then what's THIS?

I've walked past it a couple of times in the past week and it looked open.
    It was the SDI store that closed as I understand it, hence I think there has been an agreement reached, albeit I would expect that it cost Rangers dearly. All guesswork on my part though....

It was the SDI store that closed as I understand it, hence I think there has been an agreement reached, albeit I would expect that it cost Rangers dearly. All guesswork on my part though....

Is that a different company?

Same club, though...obviously ;-)

Is that a different company?

Same club, though...obviously ;-)
    Sports Direct owned by Mike Ashley....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    It seems to be protected somehow. Won’t open for me at least

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It seems to be protected somehow. Won’t open for me at least
    Not sure why I can’t copy link but johnjames site has more on the current situation and it isn’t protected. Have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Not sure why I can’t copy link but johnjames site has more on the current situation and it isn’t protected. Have a look.
    The SDIR vs The Rangers is protected and that's the one that's curious. I don't get how he can know anything when no-one else of printing a thing. Doesn't add up......

The SDIR vs The Rangers is protected and that's the one that's curious. I don't get how he can know anything when no-one else of printing a thing. Doesn't add up......
    There is no way there is anything on there that the SFM guys or the res 12 guys don’t know and would share for free.