hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1418 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4189181318136814081416141714181419142014281468 ... LastLast
Results 42,511 to 42,540 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez, if I were Sevco I'd be saying it's just as well the now defunct Glasgow rangers don't exist, and leave their former players to sort out their tax bills like everybody else.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Agree - statement incoming from the current version of the Hun makling it quite clear that they're NOT in any way associated with the previous version of the Hun ! Any such misunderstanding could affect future versions of the Hun when caught the next time !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Agree - statement incoming from the current version of the Hun makling it quite clear that they're NOT in any way associated with the previous version of the Hun ! Any such misunderstanding could affect future versions of the Hun when caught the next time !
    They may have to if the players go to court looking for the club to cover given the have side letters saying the club will do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    If these EBT payments were found in a Court of Law to be remuneration which was not declared then de facto these payments were illegal. This gave the old Rangers an unfair advantage and they should, at the very least, should have had every trophy they won by cheating taken way.

Back round to Leean Dempster and Rod Petrie ' moving on'. They should have taken this all the way.

I know this has been done to death already but it makes my blood boil.

However, it is nice to know that at least some of the participants are awaiting a call from HMRC.
    Aye, it has been done to death, but there are some determined to continue the borefest.

Theres people dying homeless in the street and this is what makes your blood boil?

Some people on here need to sort out what is and isnt "important" in life.........................

I await the "you are just a Petrie apologist" responses

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Aye, it has been done to death, but there are some determined to continue the borefest.

Theres people dying homeless in the street and this is what makes your blood boil?

Some people on here need to sort out what is and isnt "important" in life.........................

Jeezo, all that bad stuff happening in the world and all your doing is posting on Hibs.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Jeezo, all that bad stuff happening in the world and all your doing is posting on Hibs.net.

I feel hurt........

You are a one trick pony, sporadically posting the same crap about Petrie on here every month or so with nothing new to say, just the same boring trolling.

Left by mutual consent!

surely though "blood boil" is in this context on here. I have been "disgusted" at some stuff on football pitch and "disgusted" at reading some horrific crimes that have happened. Both in context of situation.

I feel hurt........

You are a one trick pony, sporadically posting the same crap about Petrie on here every month or so with nothing new to say, just the same boring trolling.
    You come on a football forum to post attacking someone for having warped priorities because they care about football. Just thought that was a bit funny.

Green Day

You are bang on the money.

It was poor presentation of my point on my part. Certainly, I should have added that metaphorically speaking it makes my blood boil. My bad for not painstakingly pointing this out.

Of course there are many things going on in the world which are far more serious and I accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Green Day

You are bang on the money.

It was poor presentation of my point on my part. Certainly, I should have added that metaphorically speaking it makes my blood boil. My bad for not painstakingly pointing this out.

Of course there are many things going on in the world which are far more serious and I accept that.
    I'm more upset now that you used the term "my bad" tbf.😉

Good to see Michael Stewart calling out King for the lying toerag that he is, even if Sevco fans do repeatedly fall for the same nonsense......

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...bish-1-4908115

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Good to see Michael Stewart calling out King for the lying toerag that he is, even if Sevco fans do repeatedly fall for the same nonsense......

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...bish-1-4908115
    Pressure building on King as each season passes. Sevco don't have the funds to compete, so look out for some ultra-dodgy financial shenanigans, extra strange SFA/ref decisions over the next 2 years as they try everything legal and illegal to prevent 10 IN A ROW :

Celtic - 10 titles in a row
    The Rangers - 10 trophy-less seasons in the row

King will be hounded back to SA if he doesn't stop 10IAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Pressure building on King as each season passes. Sevco don't have the funds to compete, so look out for some ultra-dodgy financial shenanigans, extra strange SFA/ref decisions over the next 2 years as they try everything legal and illegal to prevent 10 IN A ROW :

If they really are trying to sign players like Greg Stewart and Hastie from Motherwell then they really are knackered. Decent SPL players but not a chance in hell they are going to elevate Sevco to seriously competing with Celtic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

2 more after that and Celtc will match the Old Huns' 54 titles. Their structural advantage is such that they'll have to seriously **** up for that not to happen.

Depressing on one hand, but huge bags of Hun schadenfreude as compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    2 more after that and Celtc will match the Old Huns' 54 titles. Their structural advantage is such that they'll have to seriously **** up for that not to happen.

Depressing on one hand, but huge bags of Hun schadenfreude as compensation.
    A two horse race is no less depressing than a one horse race if yours is not one of the horses.
    Until we have some sort of salary cap system to encourage competition then we might as well enjoy the cheating bigots pain. Celtic’s revenue is still 4x that of sevco’s so the are going to need a massive stroke of luck to win a league v Celtic.

A two horse race is no less depressing than a one horse race if yours is not one of the horses.
    Until we have some sort of salary cap system to encourage competition then we might as well enjoy the cheating bigots pain. Celtic’s revenue is still 4x that of sevco’s so the are going to need a massive stroke of luck to win a league v Celtic.

I don't care that Sevco can't beat Celtc to the title but it's depressing that *nobody* else can.

The Rangers. Almost certain they’ll bounce around between 2nd and 5th place for the next ten years.When Celtic do eventually lose the league it’ll more likely be to Aberdeen or Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Absolutely - IMHO, the longer Celtc stop Rangers winning something, the better for Scottish football

If they can stick it out long enough, Rangers will start to cut back on things, they can't spend enough to compete with Celtic and there's not enough value in the Europa League to justify spending loads to get there, so over time they end up much like the rest of us.

Then we only need Celtic to have a bad season and you'll have 4 or 5 teams capable of winning the league, which is a good position to be in.

I can't see how anyone can catch Celtic without a massive injection of money from somewhere. They are streets ahead on and off the pitch of anyone else in the country.

Rangers can't keep up with them as it is, and so the gap is only going to get bigger.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Absolutely - IMHO, the longer Celtc stop Rangers winning something, the better for Scottish football

If they can stick it out long enough, Rangers will start to cut back on things, they can't spend enough to compete with Celtic and there's not enough value in the Europa League to justify spending loads to get there, so over time they end up much like the rest of us.

Then we only need Celtic to have a bad season and you'll have 4 or 5 teams capable of winning the league, which is a good position to be in.

I can't see how anyone can catch Celtic without a massive injection of money from somewhere. They are streets ahead on and off the pitch of anyone else in the country.

Rangers can't keep up with them as it is, and so the gap is only going to get bigger.
    If that's the case then the SPFL will become nothing but an inconvenience to Celtc as they pursue their dream of Chamion's League group stages
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I'm more upset now that you used the term "my bad" tbf.😉
    Does my napper in too 🙄

If Sevco are trying to sign players like Greg Stewart they are already cutting back......

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    The Rangers. Almost certain they’ll bounce around between 2nd and 5th place for the next ten years.When Celtic do eventually lose the league it’ll more likely be to Aberdeen or Hibs.
    No chance Hibs or Aberdeen will win it before Rangers. They have more season ticket holders than both clubs combined, we cannot come close to competing with them financially.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No chance Hibs or Aberdeen will win it before Rangers. They have more season ticket holders than both clubs combined, we cannot come close to competing with them financially.
    One word. Leicester City.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We can if those bams continue to rack up debts at the rate that they currently are.....

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Two words. Leicester City.
    Fixed that for you.

Coaching Staff

Nope none of this will happen, Rangers will not cut back & be like the rest of us, Celtic will never have a bad season. It will always be the same old same old.
    Last edited by Lago; 17-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...447WzabutPYr7w

The statement from the SPAD said: "The decision taken yesterday by Glasgow City Council and Police Scotland is a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of Scotland and in doing so have created a 'No Go Area' for Protestants.
    "The right to assemble in a public place is a key civil and political right, and as such the state has a positive obligation to protect and facilitate and the exercise of that right."

Last edited by Fife-Hibee; 18-04-2019 at 01:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post

The statement from the SPAD said: "The decision taken yesterday by Glasgow City Council and Police Scotland is a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of Scotland and in doing so have created a 'No Go Area' for Protestants.
    "The right to assemble in a public place and verbally abuse and spit upon anyone who doesn't praise the lord the same way we do is a key civil and political right, and as such the state has a positive obligation to protect and facilitate and the exercise of that right. We don't want to go around the corner and do it. We want to do it in their faces"

Fixed

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post

"The right to assemble in a public place is a key civil and political right, and as such the state has a positive obligation to protect and facilitate and the exercise of that right."

"“I don’t know if Glasgow City Council has an anti-Loyal Order stance, or are trying to stop parades.”

(From the linked article)

They're not the smartest, are they? Very unconvincing supremacists. I just about pished myself laughing the one time I was unfortunate enough to stumble across a parade

Phi McG on the latest Sports Direct v Rangers court case in London this week:

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/0...rt/#more-13364

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Phi McG on the latest Sports Direct v Rangers court case in London this week:

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/0...rt/#more-13364

He admitted that the money wasn't currently available to settle the likely damages.

that was after ashley's brief reminded him that the final cost could be in the millions of pounds

oh dear, that's a shame