hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1406 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4069061306135613961404140514061407140814161456 ... LastLast
Results 42,151 to 42,180 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he not transfer his assets to wife then declare himself bankrupt?
    All she needs to do is trade him for a younger model & keep all the money.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    Did he not transfer his assets to wife then declare himself bankrupt?
    The transfer was made 6 years before he declared, and the time limit for considering it to be his asset is 5 years... nice timing Barry. £1.5m debt cleared in a few months. Nice work if you can get it

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Nah, there'll have been a side letter to prevent anything untoward.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    The transfer was made 6 years before he declared, and the time limit for considering it to be his asset is 5 years... nice timing Barry. £1.5m debt cleared in a few months. Nice work if you can get it
    He hasn't cleared his debt. The recovery of that may take years.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He hasn't cleared his debt. The recovery of that may take years.

Got it! Your no Ian or indeed Dunc, your the crab’s accountant, & as such you’ve been policing on here for 5+ years looking out for Barry & your EBTs. All makes sense now!

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Got it! Your no Ian or indeed Dunc, your the crab’s accountant, & as such you’ve been policing on here for 5+ years looking out for Barry & your EBTs. All makes sense now!
    And I would've gotten away with it....etc etc....

And I would've gotten away with it....etc etc....

I’m as much ae a “smart kid”... as you are a disliker ae EBTs & the zombies that cheated Hibs (undebatable) outtae multiple honours (debatable) wi an illegal scheme not used by Hibs or ANY competitors for 10 yrs minimum. But pesky thick kids like me find it difficult sometimes to “move on”. Must be cos we’re slow or summat!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    So the zombies are through to the Europa League group stage.

A nice little earner for them and means their crazy business plan is somehow on track.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

A nice little earner for them and means their crazy business plan is somehow on track.

Not sure they'll earn enough to bankroll their current level of spending unless they progress from the league stage. Looking forward to seeing them get a proper pumping from some decent teams. Hopefully the strain of playing twice a week is detrimental to their league form too.

Yet still some admire this abomination, how it was, (disgusting, hugely) & obviously now under Lying newest King, there is no hope. Liar like that, taking piss out of the vaunted ancient Scottish Legal system, then doing the same to the alleged league we are all supposed to be “competing” in- just dinnae eh? No funny any more that they did & do illegally cheat Hibernian FC. Shame on you’se self aware long time apologists as well!

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Not sure they'll earn enough to bankroll their current level of spending unless they progress from the league stage. Looking forward to seeing them get a proper pumping from some decent teams. Hopefully the strain of playing twice a week is detrimental to their league form too.
    The business plan was based on reaching the group stages in 3 out of 5 seasons. They've managed 1 out of 2 so far.

The vote on the new share issue is tomorrow. If it goes ahead, much will depend on how much is used to pay off loans and how much goes to trading.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The business plan was based on reaching the group stages in 3 out of 5 seasons. They've managed 1 out of 2 so far.

The vote on the new share issue is tomorrow. If it goes ahead, much will depend on how much is used to pay off loans and how much goes to trading.

Yes indeed but the Lying King will have been cracking open a nice bottle from his cellar tonight, feeling utterly vindicated.

Yes indeed but the Lying King will have been cracking open a nice bottle from his cellar tonight, feeling utterly vindicated.
    Yup. We might have to close this thread and move on

Mini statement to be followed up with a full on Jabba communique... once he's had someone explain the 40 page judgement to him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45425906

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Mini statement to be followed up with a full on Jabba communique... once he's had someone explain the 40 page judgement to him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45425906
    In fairness to Sevco (yes, I know) does this sort of thing REALLY need a 40 page document to communicate the findings?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Providing the new husband is called Barry, she can keep the kids, but will not have to pay anything towards their upkeep.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    White collar crime mostly goes unpunished in the uk. Very little resources are employed to detect it for a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry but the first sentence is absolute nonsense.

Batter someone in the street and if you have no previous you wont get near jail.

Steal money from anyone and even if its first offence you are extremely likely to do time.

I knew a young woman who had a young family and they were struggling a bit financially, she borrowed money from one of the internal (non customer) accounts of the bank for whom she worked and effectively used that account as her overdraft.

She got caught and sentenced to 14 months, even though all the money was repaid (I think at its worst she had "borrowed" about £300.

The papers are littered with folk who have defrauded charities, vulnerable people and others who go to jail.

I am not saying that they shouldn't, but crimes of breach of trust are often deal with far more severely than acts of violence.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Sorry but the first sentence is absolute nonsense.

Batter someone in the street and if you have no previous you wont get near jail.

Steal money from anyone and even if its first offence you are extremely likely to do time.

I knew a young woman who had a young family and they were struggling a bit financially, she borrowed money from one of the internal (non customer) accounts of the bank for whom she worked and effectively used that account as her overdraft.

She got caught and sentenced to 14 months, even though all the money was repaid (I think at its worst she had "borrowed" about £300.

The papers are littered with folk who have defrauded charities, vulnerable people and others who go to jail.

I am not saying that they shouldn't, but crimes of breach of trust are often deal with far more severely than acts of violence.
    I think you are right and wrong in a way. There is no doubt breach of trust crimes, when prosecuted, do result in pretty stiff sentences compared to others. But I do think they are more difficult to get a conviction in and strongly suspect there are cases the Fiscal decides not to prosecute due to a combination of the difficulty in proving the crime, the huge volume of paper and other evidence needed and the cost the trial would have to the public purse.

Now I am purely guessing but in this day and age of restricted budgets and the fact that the Fiscal's decision has to consider if a prosecution is in the public interest I am sure a part of that consideration is the cost of the trial.

Also the vast amount of evidence needed for some fraud trials and the danger of Joe Public in the jury not following the evidence must mean a lower chance of conviction. The defence only has to get a reasonable doubt to succeed and jurors not understanding or following evidence can easily lead to a doubt and a not guilty verdict

Something is strange this year with Rangers, spending a lot on transfers, wages. Have they a new funding source?

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Something is strange this year with Rangers, spending a lot on transfers, wages. Have they a new funding source?
    Not sure that they do. Their funding is coming from the EL and the new share issue.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    I think you are right and wrong in a way. There is no doubt breach of trust crimes, when prosecuted, do result in pretty stiff sentences compared to others. But I do think they are more difficult to get a conviction in and strongly suspect there are cases the Fiscal decides not to prosecute due to a combination of the difficulty in proving the crime, the huge volume of paper and other evidence needed and the cost the trial would have to the public purse.

Now I am purely guessing but in this day and age of restricted budgets and the fact that the Fiscal's decision has to consider if a prosecution is in the public interest I am sure a part of that consideration is the cost of the trial.

Also the vast amount of evidence needed for some fraud trials and the danger of Joe Public in the jury not following the evidence must mean a lower chance of conviction. The defence only has to get a reasonable doubt to succeed and jurors not understanding or following evidence can easily lead to a doubt and a not guilty verdict
    I don't think there is any doubt that after the collapse of a few high profile complex fraud cases that you are correct in that regard, that this is the case is utterly wrong as such cases undoubtedly harm more people than the example I used.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt that after the collapse of a few high profile complex fraud cases that you are correct in that regard, that this is the case is utterly wrong as such cases undoubtedly harm more people than the example I used.
    Absolutely. The clever bad guys get away with it. I think these days even with crimes relating to drugs etc the fiscal/police are just as likely to go after the lead bad guys for more minor crimes (than ones they could possibly convict) but go after them hard re proceeds of crime as that is more likely to be successful and hits the bad guy where they hurt more.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Situation normal for Glasgow Rangers/Sevco I would say. Have posted a combined loss 0f 13 million over the last two financial years. Where is the money coming from?

[QUOTE=aljo7-0;5544231]Absolutely. The clever bad guys get away with it.

I would say the rich and powerful can afford to employ the clever bad guys to get away with. Either through behind the scenes lobbying or through the legal system.
    The woman who stole a few hundred quid is in jail because she has no resources.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Of course he would have signed for sevco for £10 a week, he's a clown.

He sits in amongst that lot while they all sing hate songs about his faith. Perhaps because he sells a few pints to them in his new bar, he has decided to ignore the blatant bigotry because he's nothing to gain from actually standing up and saying its wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

He sits in amongst that lot while they all sing hate songs about his faith. Perhaps because he sells a few pints to them in his new bar, he has decided to ignore the blatant bigotry because he's nothing to gain from actually standing up and saying its wrong?

100%

FUD!

Is this the clearest indication yet that HMRC have indeed served the players with a bill?

Is this the clearest indication yet that HMRC have indeed served the players with a bill?

It may be.

But there's a long way between being assessed and actually accepting it.

Some may think that they can't afford to fight it, so will accept it and let events take their course. Someone, though... and not necessarily one of the Rangers EBT recipients, perhaps one of the English ones.... will take on HMRC and establish precedent. That may need some recipients to pool their resources to fund one appeal.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

And I will bet my bottom dollar that any of Nachos new business ventures are not in his own name, and we can expect him to do the "I am potless and bankrupt" thing if HMRC bill him - despite giving the appearance of a man with some cash.

I doubt that any of these EBT recipients will actually lose much real money given the time they have had to prepare.