hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1389 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3898891289133913791387138813891390139113991439 ... LastLast
Results 41,641 to 41,670 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It’s on BBC website, so must be true

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44751374

2. Log in to remove the advert

According to the BBC the Rangers defence appears to be -but we want to do it-.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

But surely if they match the current deal on offer, it will earn Rangers more money?
    Or is it the principle, that they paid to get out the SD contract, but are now possibly back with him?

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Lol. The hun speaking about transparency, governance and integrity which they ignore at every opportunity. Is this the early leader in the statement league?
    First one of the new season, the first of many no doubt.

Sevco - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    But surely if they match the current deal on offer, it will earn Rangers more money?
    Or is it the principle, that they paid to get out the SD contract, but are now possibly back with him?
    They can match this deal and Sevco will do better out of it but I can’t see any sportswear chain even bidding in the future knowing that their biggest competitor has the right to see the details of their offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if JD sports withdraw their offer altogether in the next couple of days rather than let Sports Direct see the documents.
    If there is no other bid then the terms of the deal revert to the deal Sports direct had last season. Only it’s not for 7 years now, it’s forever.

Hun Statement number 1 of the 18/19 season, and it’s almost as hilarious as their final one last season.

How many we reckon they’ll have issued by May 19’ ? 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jeez, there's got to be some FIFA/EUFA or sfa rules about them cheating to win the statement league before the season had even started?

The good doctor, Mrs Budge won't be happy with them getting in so early whilst she's still composing her first sermon

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Jeez, there's got to be some FIFA/EUFA or sfa rules about them cheating to win the statement league before the season had even started?

The good doctor, Mrs Budge won't be happy with them getting in so early whilst she's still composing her first sermon

Calm down. It's only a pre-season friendly statement.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    They can match this deal and Sevco will do better out of it but I can’t see any sportswear chain even bidding in the future knowing that their biggest competitor has the right to see the details of their offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if JD sports withdraw their offer altogether in the next couple of days rather than let Sports Direct see the documents.
    If there is no other bid then the terms of the deal revert to the deal Sports direct had last season. Only it’s not for 7 years now, it’s forever.

I've read the Celtic blogs and your comments Ozzy and I don't dispute the knowledge.

I have to ask though is this legal? Can you get someone to sign a contract that is enforceable for the duration of a company's life?

Not that this company has much left but you get the idea.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    I've read the Celtic blogs and your comments Ozzy and I don't dispute the knowledge.

I have to ask though is this legal? Can you get someone to sign a contract that is enforceable for the duration of a company's life?

Not that this company has much left but you get the idea.
    I don’t know. It could be that they have an element of ownership of the brand? I guess all they really have is the right to match other bids but of course other bids are unlikely to come in now that is public knowledge.
    It must work in some circumstance like franchise agreements where you agree to pay marketing royalties etc for the life of the company? I’m not sure though. Every day is a school day with this lot.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 08-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    I’m surprised that, when the Lying King made his £3m deal with DS, he left Sevco open to this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’m surprised that, when the Lying King made his £3m deal with DS, he left Sevco open to this situation?
    I don’t think he had a choice. He was about to lose heavily in court.
    Interesting that King and Murray are named personally in this case. A lot of speculation that this is because they are benefitting personally from the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Calm down. It's only a pre-season friendly statement.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Well if they're just practicing they should say so.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I don’t think he had a choice. He was about to lose heavily in court.
    Interesting that King and Murray are named personally in this case. A lot of speculation that this is because they are benefitting personally from the deal.

Paul Murray?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Considering the number of conflicted Rangers leaning people who have held positions in the SFA and SPFL lately, that's got to be a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    To be fair MacLennan is not the brightest tool in the box and has been emptied from a few high flying places.He should never have been given the post but he was at a loose end.
    Ok, we are all well aware of the hypocrisy of Sevco in terms of ‘friends in high places etc.’ , but two wrongs don’t make a right. Should we sit back and laugh at this ‘shoe on the other foot’ scenario. Are this guy MacLennan’s ( Celtic minded Lawwell’s puppet?) motives any less unacceptable than King’s?

Disclaimer : My observation is from a shaky position of not fully knowing or understanding the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ok, we are all well aware of the hypocrisy of Sevco in terms of ‘friends in high places etc.’ , but two wrongs don’t make a right. Should we sit back and laugh at this ‘shoe on the other foot’ scenario. Are this guy MacLennan’s ( Celtic minded Lawwell’s puppet?) motives any less unacceptable than King’s?

Disclaimer : My observation is from a shaky position of not fully knowing or understanding the facts.
    No, I agree totally. I support Sevco in asking for full transparency. But it has to be full transparency. I want a full review of the running of the game in Scotland because it will never be successful with the current structure.
    A smaller country than Scotland just made the semi of the World Cup and smaller clubs than us are outbidding us for players all over Europe.
    Football in Scotland has to be one of the worst run in the developed world.
    So yes, I support Sevco in asking for a review. Anything that upsets the apple cart can only be good for the game.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    No, I agree totally. I support Sevco in asking for full transparency. But it has to be full transparency. I want a full review of the running of the game in Scotland because it will never be successful with the current structure.
    A smaller country than Scotland just made the semi of the World Cup and smaller clubs than us are outbidding us for players all over Europe.
    So yes, I support Sevco in asking for a review. Anything that upsets the apple cart can only be good for the game.
    Never saw them shouting about transparency when Campbell Ogilvie (aka Mr. EBT) was SFA President.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    Never saw them shouting about transparency when Campbell Ogilvie (aka Mr. EBT) was SFA President.

Or when all those journalists were being given the succulent lamb treatment.

agréé that 2 wrongs dont mâke a right.

any reason to lift the lid on the sfa and get change for the better is supportable.

that it should have been done before is a given.

that it was not done before makes me even more likely to want it To happen now though regardless of who sets off the first domino.

They’re not complaining about the SFA it’s the SPFL this time.

Half ten kick off in the big match today.

Left by mutual consent!

Who is on the VAR?

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry ozzy what is this case? Sports direct thing?

While I completely agree with your sentiment the problem is they've no intent of full transparency.
    They want some of the things that might benefit Celtic exposed so they can drag them back towards the rest of the game.
    While that is no bad thing they only want it so that they can get benefits themselves.
    No good will ever come from this ****bag of a club.

For me there is no hope of Scottish football reforming as long as people in the governance of the game are saying **** like "We need a healthy Rangers/Celtic in the Scottish game". The health of Rangers and Celtic is a matter entirely for their own boards and club structure. If they get it wrong they can and should fail and, as we've seen other teams will get stronger and fill their place.

The very mindset that allows someone to say we must have a healthy Rangers is all but admitting the game is skewed and they view the OF as the good china you bring out for guests.

SDI retail services Ltd disnae exactly trip of the tongue but is there still time to knock up a wee song supporting them in this clash of the despicables?

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    While I completely agree with your sentiment the problem is they've no intent of full transparency.
    They want some of the things that might benefit Celtic exposed so they can drag them back towards the rest of the game.
    While that is no bad thing they only want it so that they can get benefits themselves.
    No good will ever come from this ****bag of a club.

For me there is no hope of Scottish football reforming as long as people in the governance of the game are saying **** like "We need a healthy Rangers/Celtic in the Scottish game". The health of Rangers and Celtic is a matter entirely for their own boards and club structure. If they get it wrong they can and should fail and, as we've seen other teams will get stronger and fill their place.

The very mindset that allows someone to say we must have a healthy Rangers is all but admitting the game is skewed and they view the OF as the good china you bring out for guests.
    What I do not get is why anyone takes these “club” statements seriously. They are released on a website not attributed to anyone at The Rangers Football Club and yet somehow the press and even the SPFL react as if the outbursts have some gravity. I feel they are best ignored unless there is some provenance to the statements. Then of course the club would be open to action for brining the game in to disrepute.
    So my message to the SMSM is, by all means report what this website is saying but let’s make it clear that nobody at TRFC is putting their name to it therefore it carries no credibility as a complaint. A judgment could be made as to whether there was any credibility if the statement had a club source.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 10-07-2018 at 08:49 AM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Will we get tweet coverage of the case

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Sorry ozzy what is this case? Sports direct thing?
    Sports direct. If they win then they have first refusal on Rangers retail for life.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Sports direct. If they win then they have first refusal on Rangers retail for life.

U in court

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk