hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1365 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 36586512651315135513631364136513661367137514151465 ... LastLast
Results 40,921 to 40,950 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Came a long way since they were sold for a pound
    Given their propensity for misinterpretation and exaggeration, he's probably mixing up his £'s with his Yuans

....Even that would be a stretch

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I married 2. Now they're best friends. You just need to know how to domesticate them.

I could do with some tips, mine is still quite wild.

TBF, though, she is is an Ossie.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Given their propensity for misinterpretation and exaggeration, he's probably mixing up his £'s with his Yuans

....Even that would be a stretch rangers:
    The sad thing is that even if this was true, they rejoice in the acceptance that having plunged into debt again since they allowed themselves to be liquidated, instead of rebuilding on the advantages they should have had they are hoping someone or something that clearly isn't part of their "culture" will just chuck money at it again and on they'll march.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I heard a rumour that The Rangers are about to be bought by a guy who owns a Beijing-based confectionery manufacturer. Could be Chinese Wispas.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I could do with some tips, mine is still quite wild.

TBF, though, she is is an Ossie.

Mine is American and does as she's ******g telt.............

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Har de har har. For that money they could buy an EPL club and sit at the big financial table......... source must be Bomber Broon lol......

Huns, in much the same way as their Jambo 'bros' across the town (mind - our 'money worries' ??), so absolutely desperate for the smallest,tiniest glimmer of light for their crappy-clubs, are posting their wildest/wettest dreams on forums (Hun-media/Throw-back) and then hoping and praying that whatever keech they've posted somehow magically comes true - it's like their own 'Virtual Wishing-Well' - £429m for THEM, ffs !!. The Hun board behaved the same way except the media are their 'Wishing-Well' - £8m for Morelos ........................

£0.429

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    I heard a rumour that The Rangers are about to be bought by a guy who owns a Beijing-based confectionery manufacturer. Could be Chinese Wispas.
    I heard Gerard is now out of the picture and he will be bringing in his own manager Win Won Soon.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    I heard Gerard is now out of the picture and he will be bringing in his own manager Win Won Soon.
    With his little red book of Calvin?

First Team Breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Aye because wealthy guys are just itching to give their cash to that shyster lol.........

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Aye because wealthy guys are just itching to give their cash to that shyster lol.........

Maybe not 'Wealthy guys' but you can bet there'll be plenty of cash-rich crooks who will - the Hun have been the property of crooks since Green and crooks don't give up cash-cows easily, especially sectarian cash-cows !

First Team Breakthrough
    So it seems that Murray and Scott have been forced out by King to free up two places on the board for two new investors to come in. But the question will be are these investors money for the £11 million share offer or for the new manager to bring in more quality players like Pena etc . Either way laughable times ahead if the money is still not in place for Gerrard.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    So it seems that Murray and Scott have been forced out by King to free up two places on the board for two new investors to come in. But the question will be are these investors money for the £11 million share offer or for the new manager to bring in more quality players like Pena etc . Either way laughable times ahead if the money is still not in place for Gerrard.
    Murray and Scott need paid off first:)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Murray and Scott need paid off first:)

CWG - I know you've probably been asked this before but what happens if King doesn't come up with the £11m for the shares - is it just the 'cold-shoulder' treatment or are there further repercussions ?. Personally I don't think he'll bother, he seems to treat the 'laws of the land' (both in SA & UK) with complete contempt and just ignores it !

Plus - does anyone know, or have a rough idea, of how much Murray and Scott are owed ??

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    CWG - I know you've probably been asked this before but what happens if King doesn't come up with the £11m for the shares - is it just the 'cold-shoulder' treatment or are there further repercussions ?. Personally I don't think he'll bother, he seems to treat the 'laws of the land' (both in SA & UK) with complete contempt and just ignores it !

Plus - does anyone know, or have a rough idea, of how much Murray and Scott are owed ??
    Part of the issue here is that there is little experience of the situation the TOP find themselves in. Cold-shouldering, of King but possibly also of the club, is the obvious sanction. After that, it would be charges against King for contempt of court...but I'm not sure TRFC could be charged.

On your other question, I think Scott is owed £6.5m. Can't remember what Murray is due. Ozy will know....he has the tally book.

@hibs.net private member
    So the 3 bears invest millions in soft loans which i believe is being exchanged for equity in a nearly worthless conpany. Now after tapping out existing millionaires they are looking for fresh investment-again into a nearly worthless company.

What a proposition for investors they are.

The best bit of the whole saga is that they had a multi-billionaire who would’ve quite easily invested the required funds but they got rid of him because he wasnt a real rangers man and replaced him with King.

I was worried about Ashley, especially after he sells Newcastle but there is no hope in hell Rangers will become a force again eapecially when they finish fourth and motherwell win the cup!

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5390121]Part of the issue here is that there is little experience of the situation the TOP find themselves in. Cold-shouldering, of King but possibly also of the club, is the obvious sanction. After that, it would be charges against King for contempt of court...but I'm not sure TRFC could be charged.

As the purpose of takeover rules is to protect other shareholders from asset strippers, underfunded takeovers etc the TOP should be trying to take action against King without damaging the club. As well as a charge of contempt of court I think he might be disqualified from being a UK company director which would end his time as chairman.

Shareholders outside the concert party are legally entitled to be offered 20p per share but I don't know what powers the TOP have to enforce this. I don't know whether they can freeze any assets they deem King to hold, even if they're nominally in the name of a trust. I don't know whether action can be taken against the other members of the concert party. It'll be an interesting legal test case.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Now stop being so sceptical. This is an investment of the heart for Chinese investors and has nothing to do with financial gain. If you know your history then you'll know the Chinese and Huns have a very long common history together.
    Wrong Asians, there was me thinking it was Japanese.

GGTTH

Part of the issue here is that there is little experience of the situation the TOP find themselves in. Cold-shouldering, of King but possibly also of the club, is the obvious sanction. After that, it would be charges against King for contempt of court...but I'm not sure TRFC could be charged.

On your other question, I think Scott is owed £6.5m. Can't remember what Murray is due. Ozy will know....he has the tally book.

About £500k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=ballengeich;5390128]

As the purpose of takeover rules is to protect other shareholders from asset strippers, underfunded takeovers etc the TOP should be trying to take action against King without damaging the club. As well as a charge of contempt of court I think he might be disqualified from being a UK company director which would end his time as chairman.

Shareholders outside the concert party are legally entitled to be offered 20p per share but I don't know what powers the TOP have to enforce this. I don't know whether they can freeze any assets they deem King to hold, even if they're nominally in the name of a trust. I don't know whether action can be taken against the other members of the concert party. It'll be an interesting legal test case.
    I’m not sure what cold shouldering entails to be honest but any action which harms Sevco would also harm the small shareholders presumably so it’s possible they will take action which tries to avoid this?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

I can't see the logic in forcing the two directors to leave considering the money they are due.

There's no limit to the number of directors , so why not just add any new mugs, sorry investors to the board.

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5390138]
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post

I’m not sure what cold shouldering entails to be honest but any action which harms Sevco would also harm the small shareholders presumably so it’s possible they will take action which tries to avoid this?

According to this article, it's only ever been used twice before. It's also about the individual, rather than the company. In that light, there should be no disadvantage to the smaller shareholder.

https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/business-la...-cold-shoulder

Blog Entries
    What a gloomy lot they were last Sunday. GIRUY Sevco.

9E75DB03-6638-49B9-BE4E-D41EF81382A6.jpg

Oops, that was the 3-2 game. They were gloomier last Sunday.
    Last edited by Jim44; 03-05-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Left by mutual consent!

CWG - Cheers for that, it's appreciated !

Just had a quick glance at the papers and the 'Daily Rectum' has quite a hard-hitting article about King's treatment of Murray but surprisingly it's written by Keith Jackson !. Jackson's quite scathing of King which leads me to think that King's time at Greyskull is nearly up as Jackson's not known for being so disloyal to the Hun !. There's a paragraph in it that's a belter, afaic -

'It was Paul Murray who warned of the disaster which would follow if Whyte was allowed to get his hands on the club while freeing Lloyds Bank of a potential tax liability which would ultimately tip Rangers over the edge. And it was Paul Murray who, in a state of high anxiety and desperation, attempted to torpedo that deal at the 11th hour when he pleaded with Sir David of Duped to accept a counter offer which would have protected the interests of the club over those of Murray International and the bank

So Paul Murray warned David Murray/Rangers about Whyte, even tried to stop the sale going through at the last minute - all sterling stuff, sounds like a man who genuinely cares for that club !. The thing I find really interesting is - what, exactly, was it that Murray was warning them about Whyte ?. It can't have been his 'Director's ban' or the fact that he was skint because that took everyone by surprise didn't it - remember, Murray 'wiz duped' wasn't he ?.

'When his late attempt at blocking Whyte’s takeover failed he said to me: “This is a great deal for Whyte, a great deal for Sir David and a great deal for the bank but it’s an absolute disaster for Rangers.”

So when the deal was actually going through, Murray spoke to Keith Jackson as well, so surely being the intrepid journalist he's famed for, and knowing the fondness the 'Rectum' has for 'Exclusives' Jackson would've grilled Murray as to exactly what it was about Whyte that Paul Murray felt would be a disaster for the Huns (but an absolute God-send for the rest of the country !!) or was Jackson still under the impression that Whyte was still the 'Financial whizzkid from Motherwell' Jackson once proudly proclaimed about Whyte??. Plus, if all of this happened at the same time Whyte was taking Rangers over, then the truth had still to come out so Whyte was still 'the best thing since sliced-bread' as far as our media was concerned - wasn't he ?. Again, remember, the Huns/Scottish-media were all shocked when the truth came out - ALL of them were duped .................................................. ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    CWG - Cheers for that, it's appreciated !

Just had a quick glance at the papers and the 'Daily Rectum' has quite a hard-hitting article about King's treatment of Murray but surprisingly it's written by Keith Jackson !. Jackson's quite scathing of King which leads me to think that King's time at Greyskull is nearly up as Jackson's not known for being so disloyal to the Hun !. There's a paragraph in it that's a belter, afaic -

'It was Paul Murray who warned of the disaster which would follow if Whyte was allowed to get his hands on the club while freeing Lloyds Bank of a potential tax liability which would ultimately tip Rangers over the edge. And it was Paul Murray who, in a state of high anxiety and desperation, attempted to torpedo that deal at the 11th hour when he pleaded with Sir David of Duped to accept a counter offer which would have protected the interests of the club over those of Murray International and the bank

So Paul Murray warned David Murray/Rangers about Whyte, even tried to stop the sale going through at the last minute - all sterling stuff, sounds like a man who genuinely cares for that club !. The thing I find really interesting is - what, exactly, was it that Murray was warning them about Whyte ?. It can't have been his 'Director's ban' or the fact that he was skint because that took everyone by surprise didn't it - remember, Murray 'wiz duped' wasn't he ?.

'When his late attempt at blocking Whyte’s takeover failed he said to me: “This is a great deal for Whyte, a great deal for Sir David and a great deal for the bank but it’s an absolute disaster for Rangers.”

So when the deal was actually going through, Murray spoke to Keith Jackson as well, so surely being the intrepid journalist he's famed for, and knowing the fondness the 'Rectum' has for 'Exclusives' Jackson would've grilled Murray as to exactly what it was about Whyte that Paul Murray felt would be a disaster for the Huns (but an absolute God-send for the rest of the country !!) or was Jackson still under the impression that Whyte was still the 'Financial whizzkid from Motherwell' Jackson once proudly proclaimed about Whyte??. Plus, if all of this happened at the same time Whyte was taking Rangers over, then the truth had still to come out so Whyte was still 'the best thing since sliced-bread' as far as our media was concerned - wasn't he ?. Again, remember, the Huns/Scottish-media were all shocked when the truth came out - ALL of them were duped .................................................. ...
    It was also Jacko who famously proclaimed Whyte to have "off the radar" wealth. It certainly was, though I believe at that time Jacko had a good nose for a story. Re Paul Murray, he's as shifty as the rest of them, it appears to me that he's been Jacko's mole inside The Rangers & just like Trump's medical record, this article has been largely self written, ie by Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It was also Jacko who famously proclaimed Whyte to have "off the radar" wealth. It certainly was, though I believe at that time Jacko had a good nose for a story. Re Paul Murray, he's as shifty as the rest of them, it appears to me that he's been Jacko's mole inside The Rangers & just like Trump's medical record, this article has been largely self written, ie by Murray.
    They're certainly close. The Murray, King, 3 bears takeover used the Record as its mouthpiece and were quick to say thanks:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...murray-5287851

Keith's eulogy for Murray today certainly torpedoes any notion this is an orderly transfer of directors.

Testimonial Due
    Just a wee notion here but does the current turmoil at the Rangers make King's 20p a share look like an attractive offer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Just a wee notion here but does the current turmoil at the Rangers make King's 20p a share look like an attractive offer?
    It was unbelievably attractive before today. King's short arms will be bitten off, hence why he's ducking & diving so much.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It was unbelievably attractive before today. King's short arms will be bitten off, hence why he's ducking & diving so much.
    The DR was touting them at 27p or so a few weeks ago. That was when they were onside, though. If KJ has changed horses, they'll be down to 10p by tomorrow