hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 136 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 36861261341351361371381461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11/1 to get it passed though?
    This was another thing that annoyed me about Sportsound or whatever it's called on Tuesday night. Chic was saying that Celtc had offered to start talks about extending the SPL to 14 teams, as a counter to the Gang of 10's argument about changing the voting regime. Not one of the numpties on the show asked what the possible addition of two further teams into the SPL would do to the voting scheme. I would have expected that extending the league to 14 clubs would have made it even harder for the Evil Two to maintain their veto - in that case they would need to change the voting to 13:1 to keep their power. Not one person on the show questioned what the outcome would be, even though they debated Celtc and Lawwell's offer for some minutes.

They really are thick as mince.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This was another thing that annoyed me about Sportsound or whatever it's called on Tuesday night. Chic was saying that Celtc had offered to start talks about extending the SPL to 14 teams, as a counter to the Gang of 10's argument about changing the voting regime. Not one of the numpties on the show asked what the possible addition of two further teams into the SPL would do to the voting scheme. I would have expected that extending the league to 14 clubs would have made it even harder for the Evil Two to maintain their veto - in that case they would need to change the voting to 13:1 to keep their power. Not one person on the show questioned what the outcome would be, even though they debated Celtc and Lawwell's offer for some minutes.

They really are thick as mince.

They also completely failed to take up the point handed to them on a plate by the Killie chairman on Saturday, ie. Lawwell is prepared to compromise on number of clubs in the league but only if the top 2 league places retain the same %age of the centrally distributed SPL money.

For the record on the voting scheme. The SPL has 3 levels of voting depending on the issue.

Ordinary resolutions require 66% support, 8 clubs.
    Special qualified resolutions require 83% support, 10 clubs.
    Qualified resolutions require 90% support, 11 clubs.

If they kept the %ages the same it would be 10, 12 and 13 clubs out of 14 respectively.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

A pedant writes

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny that this had now reached the length of the calendar signing thread?
    I'm not convinced there ever was such a thing.
    There might have been a Callander thread
    a colunder thread
    a Kalinda (off The Guid Wife) thread
    but I don't think I ever saw the word calendar.

Was it an essential part of the thread to mispel something?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Calendar signing, Christmas 2007. Some boy storms on here outraged that when he was making his way round the players, they seemed more interested in the orange juice and sandwiches than showing an interest in him and his laddie. Scott Brown was heard to ask what time the Chelsea game starts... orange juice was spilled... allegations were made.

So it becomes a thread on here which although initially a critical evaluation of the attitude of modern footballers to 'the fans what pay their wages', it soon became an opportunity to get the post count up, seize milestone posts and to have pun offs, pish observations, double entendres and always always always end on a question: has anybody else...?

Hibs.net has gone into decline ever since the day some keyboard hitler decided to relegate it to the archives. By the end, it was hundreds of pages long. Right now, I have a team of 100 monkeys on typewriters, hammering away trying to replicate it, like the complete works of Shakespeare.

Hibs' fortunes have declined ever since and personally I have never regained trust in the powers that be.

That my friend, is the story of the calendar signing thread.

Has anyone else tried to put something in a nutshell?
    Fair summary!

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I'm just hoping Matty doesn't read this

Has anyone else had a fair summary?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    I'm not convinced there ever was such a thing.
    There might have been a Callander thread
    a colunder thread
    a Kalinda (off The Guid Wife) thread
    but I don't think I ever saw the word calendar.

Was it an essential part of the thread to mispel something?
    It could have been a calendar singing thread? An early attempt at section 365?

I'm just not sure. Has anyone else experienced the benefits of calendula?

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

They also completely failed to take up the point handed to them on a plate by the Killie chairman on Saturday, ie. Lawwell is prepared to compromise on number of clubs in the league but only if the top 2 league places retain the same %age of the centrally distributed SPL money.
    So the other ten clubs would be voting for less money each if they agreed to increase the size of the league? Typical Ugly Sisters.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I see the Rangers Fans' Fighting Fund have elected to pay the money (£22k) owed to Dunfermline for oustanding ticket monies.

Quite a nice gesture, ensuring that another club who are otherwise struggling somewhat without that money, haven't been shafted by Rangers.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I see the Rangers Fans' Fighting Fund have elected to pay the money (£22k) owed to Dunfermline for oustanding ticket monies.

Quite a nice gesture, ensuring that another club who are otherwise struggling somewhat without that money, haven't been shafted by Rangers.
    While refusing to give Dundee Utd the £100k they are owed. **** the lot of them.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    While refusing to give Dundee Utd the £100k they are owed. **** the lot of them.
    I'd only heard the story second hand - didn't realise they'd refused to give anything to United, though, at the end of the day, it's not up to the Fans' Fighting Fund to pay these clubs, so the fact that they've elected to give that money to another club is admirable.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7633887/
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Lovely people. Many are probably from Fife and the Pars are their secomd team.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM

Lovely people. Many are probably from Fife and the Pars are their secomd team.
    I have difficulty with the concept of Huns who are lovely people.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Have accounts got to be signed off by the end of March in order to play in Europe? I can't remember. Does this also appy to HMFC as well? With only a day or two left there doesn't seem to be much news about either. Maybe RFC is forgone that it's not happening.

Latest from Rangers' PR:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23805466/

Definite hints that now the OF game is over they are starting the process of softening up the hordes for the inevitable.

Latest from Rangers' PR:

Definite hints that now the OF game is over they are starting the process of softening up the hordes for the inevitable.
    They're obviously only wanting to take the club for next to nothing.

But that too could prove difficult as Record Sport understands the Blue Knights’ cash offer was the second biggest – bettered only by a Chicago-based consortium which includes Club 9 Sports and parent company Prometheus.The only other serious contender at this stage is Edinburgh-born millionaire Brian Kennedy but his financial package falls short of the amount the Americans have pledged to plough into a CVA pot.

So the Yanks' offer is based on a CVA, the Blue Meanies lower and Kennedy has sent a 10/- postal order.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Latest from Rangers' PR:

Loving the language in there, painting Murray as the saint, and "proven liar" Whyte as the big meanie.

Murray is shrugging his shoulders and sighing "oh well, I did my best", whilst preparing to pick up the club for a song when it goes pop.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    Have accounts got to be signed off by the end of March in order to play in Europe? I can't remember. Does this also appy to HMFC as well? With only a day or two left there doesn't seem to be much news about either. Maybe RFC is forgone that it's not happening.
    The SFA require audited accounts, with no reference to going concern issues, by 31 March in order to issue clubs with a licence to play at all.

UEFA, though, require clubs to have the above, and no liability for "social taxes" as at (I think) the previous 31 December, in order to play in their competitions.

Technically, the SFA could chuck Rangers and Hearts out, but I doubt they will, given that its the first year of their licencing regime.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The SFA require audited accounts, with no reference to going concern issues, by 31 March in order to issue clubs with a licence to play at all.

UEFA, though, require clubs to have the above, and no liability for "social taxes" as at (I think) the previous 31 December, in order to play in their competitions.

Technically, the SFA could chuck Rangers and Hearts out, but I doubt they will, given that its the first year of their licencing regime.
    I think it's doubtful to near impossible for Hearts to meet that requirement.....where/when does the UEFA financial fair play rule scome into force as surely it's impossible for Hearts to meet that either.

Rangers are stuffed. No one has wanted to admit it and the Record et al are busy laying the balme at Whytes door but it's clear as day the majority of the problems existed before he got involved and that it the real reason no one else wanted to touch them, even for £1.

Seminal moments in Scottish Football and you have to ask just why the SPL and SFA were so complicit in letting it happen….this should be used as a catalyst not just to totally re-write the rules of competition but the rules of governance as well.

Sure the old guard will try and hang on where they can but if two of Scotlands biggest clubs go pop or fail to meet basic SFA and UEFA criteria you simply can’t just point the finger of blame at Whyte and Mad Vlad, that would be like blaming the whole US sub prime crisis purely on Fred…

BBC Chris McLaughlin tweets that Brian Kennedy's bid is dead. Rejected by admins.

Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    I think it's doubtful to near impossible for Hearts to meet that requirement.....where/when does the UEFA financial fair play rule scome into force as surely it's impossible for Hearts to meet that either.

Effectively, they are in play now. They take effect from the 2012-13 season, so all the requirements have to be in place now-ish.

@hibs.net private member
    BBC Chris McLaughlin tweets that Brian Kennedy's bid is dead. Rejected by admins.
    Just an hour after he was reported in the BBC as complaining that D&P were taking too long in reviewing the bids!

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    I have difficulty with the concept of Huns who are lovely people.
    I was not serious

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I'd only heard the story second hand - didn't realise they'd refused to give anything to United, though, at the end of the day, it's not up to the Fans' Fighting Fund to pay these clubs, so the fact that they've elected to give that money to another club is admirable.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7633887/
    I'm sure Dunfermline will be glad if the money appears, but it feels like the FFF are spending £22k to make a point to DU. Hopefully it will strengthen DU's resolve to show no mercy if/when the opportunity arises.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member
    Latest tweet from Alex Thomson

#c4news we aim to run a major investigation into Glasgow Rangers FC tomorrow night. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    Seminal moments in Scottish Football and you have to ask just why the SPL and SFA were so complicit in letting it happen.
    I think the reasons are:
    1. Willful ignorance
    2. Incompetence
    3. Cowardice

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

No sign of Ross Counties Accounts due 31/03/ 2012 on Companies House Web Site.

If the Hearts Accounts are not lodged in Companies House by 31st March they will be 3 months late and that incurs a £ 3000 penalty which will be doubled because the were late last year too.

£ 6000 because they can't run a simple ledger.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

If the Hearts Accounts are not lodged in Companies House by 31st March they will be 3 months late and that incurs a £ 3000 penalty which will be doubled because the were late last year too.

I think they can run the numbers, it's getting an auditor to sign them that will be the problem.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    What's the significance of Ross Counties lack of accounts? How does it effect Hibs?

J

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    I think the reasons are:
    1. Willful ignorance
    2. Incompetence
    3. Cowardice
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here.

1. The BTC, which (given its alleged double-contract issues) is at the heart of Rangers' demise, is still undecided.

2. The double-contracts have only be brought to the SFA's attention recently.

3. The overspending is not the SFA's concern, as long as RFC are still meeting their bills and football responsibilities. It's only recently that they haven't.

With all that in mind, it's difficult to see what the SFA/SPL could have done until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    What's the significance of Ross Counties lack of accounts? How does it effect Hibs?

J
    They are top of Div1. They don't have 6000 seats yet either and they need to apply for special dispensation for that as well.

Coaching Staff
    They are top of Div1. They don't have 6000 seats yet either and they need to apply for special dispensation for that as well.
    In the current set up would the second placed team not get the invite?