hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1359 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 35985912591309134913571358135913601361136914091459 ... LastLast
Results 40,741 to 40,770 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's different in England as many kids go to the local Catholic school despite not being Catholic nor their parents.
    Same up hear. You are not forced to go to a "catholic school just because you are one. Many parents choose to send their kids to yhem as they tend to have better academic achievement and discipline due to the ethos. Think is almost 50% non catholic background these days

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    The other kids are called ‘Knock’ and ‘Santiago de Compostela’.
    I believe the family cat Vatican and dog Fatima get along well...

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's quite common. Less of a hang-up in England about **** like that.
    Because the C of E is as Catholic as you can get without having a Pope.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

Once tried explaining the concept of a non-sectarian football club to my rangers mate. I support Hibs, but as a kid attended episcopalian services.

“Ach you’re still a Fenian b******” was his thoughtful reply.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    That would be an ecumenical matter.
    Carefull now...

Rikki Fulton in his persona as Rangers manager would be priceless in acting this one out!!

' Steven Gerrard' ye say? Bring him in. Well hello there. Now Steven, welcome to Rangers, but first I must ask ye, What school did ye go tae?'

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Carefull now...

Down with that sorta t'ing!

Re Gerrard:

Wikipedia seems to be confused, as it says "He is a practising Roman Catholic".

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    He already is. Claiming he went to a Catholic school but isn't actually Catholic. Like his parents would have sent him there if he wasn't.
    I was a practicing Episcopalian who went to a Catholic school just outside Glasgow, neither my parents (including my Rangers supporting, masonic Lodge attending father), nor the school had any issues with it. It was a good school and it was where all my friends were going so that was where I wanted to go. It's really not an issue in Scotland either.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I was a practicing Episcopalian who went to a Catholic school just outside Glasgow, neither my parents (including my Rangers supporting, masonic Lodge attending father), nor the school had any issues with it. It was a good school and it was where all my friends were going so that was where I wanted to go. It's really not an issue in Scotland either.

You’re like an example of a citizen from a modern nation at ease with itself.

Unfortunately, there are many thousands of individuals - and a few institutions - who need to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Same up hear. You are not forced to go to a "catholic school just because you are one. Many parents choose to send their kids to yhem as they tend to have better academic achievement and discipline due to the ethos. Think is almost 50% non catholic background these days
    My kid goes to Catholic primary (He's catholic). The joint non denominational attached school his equivalent class has over 30 kids. His only has 14. It's mental to have that scenario. Very lucky though as he's getting more attention as they teachers aren't (in theory) stretched as they would be in a class of 30/40

These season tickets aren’t going to sell themselves, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    If Gerrard had to even or felt he had to for 1 second mention his religion or how he was brought up or what he believes now he shouldn't be going anywhere near that sort of club.

If he takes this on and even once mentions his past in relation to religion of any sort then he deserves all he gets for going there.

Who to believe?

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/...areholders.pdf

I posted a month ago that King might use getting funds out of South Africa as an excuse for delay or non-compliance. We'll see how long the patience of other directors and the TOP lasts.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Re Gerrard:

Wikipedia seems to be confused, as it says "He is a practising Roman Catholic".
    He must be good at it by now, no?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Fully expecting the Daily Record to run with a backpage spread the morn with the headline ‘GERRARD’S WARCHEST’ and quotes about wealth off the radar etc etc

They’re very amusing and long may it continue. Mind boggling how they fail to realise how much of a small fish they are these days. You could say it beggars belief
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post

I posted a month ago that King might use getting funds out of South Africa as an excuse for delay or non-compliance. We'll see how long the patience of other directors and the TOP lasts.
    I thought the courts had banned him from shifting guns from S.A. as he is a glib and shameless liar

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Sorry HfL but that is utter nonsense - no research shows this. All recent research indicates that sending a child to a faith school certainly does not mean higher achievement. I’ve worked in many catholic schools and they certainly do not achieve higher results or have ‘better’ discipline than secular schools. I don’t know what experience you have of current culture in schools but I suggest it’s very little. It would be nice if people would stop peddling these myths which many parents feel pressured into believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I thought the courts had banned him from shifting guns from S.A. as he is a glib and shameless liar
    Moving money out of SA is difficult for anyone. King's record makes it particularly difficult so he made the offer using a SA based trust rather than the Caribbean-based NOAL which actually holds his shares, presumably hoping that he can evade making an offer by claiming it's impossible for him. I don't expect either the TOP or Court of Session to be impressed.

Moving money out of SA is difficult for anyone. King's record makes it particularly difficult so he made the offer using a SA based trust rather than the Caribbean-based NOAL which actually holds his shares, presumably hoping that he can evade making an offer by claiming it's impossible for him. I don't expect either the TOP or Court of Session to be impressed.
    Don't know about you, but I sense a bit of distancing in RIFC's statement. It feels like "it's no our fault. We're just delivering the message".

Does that beggar belief?

Don't know about you, but I sense a bit of distancing in RIFC's statement. It feels like "it's no our fault. We're just delivering the message".

Does that beggar belief?
    I think the other directors have had enough of King and that the recent appointment of Douglas Park as deputy chairman is a prelude to King's departure (voluntary or otherwise). If I were another member of the concert party I'd be getting legal advice as to whether the TOP can come after me if King fails to provide the funds for the share offer, and wearing brown trousers until the position becomes clearer.

I think the other directors have had enough of King and that the recent appointment of Douglas Park as deputy chairman is a prelude to King's departure (voluntary or otherwise). If I were another member of the concert party I'd be getting legal advice as to whether the TOP can come after me if King fails to provide the funds for the share offer, and wearing brown trousers until the position becomes clearer.

I couldn’t get link to work but assume it’s this?

Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC) – City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (Code)RIFC notes that the 28 day period following the mandatory cash offer announcement from Laird Investments (Pty) Limited (Laird) on 29 March 2018 has passed without the publication of a Code-compliant offer document. RIFC has been informed by the Takeover Panel that this is a breach of Rule 24.1 of the Code.

RIFC understands that Laird has the funds to make the offer in an Attorney client account and is seeking the necessary South African Government approvals to permit the cash required for the offer to be transferred to the United Kingdom to enable an appropriate third party to provide the cash confirmation required by Rule 24.8 of the Code.

Meantime, the Takeover Panel has asked RIFC to advise shareholders that the Panel will take all appropriate steps to seek to ensure that a Code-compliant offer is made as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I couldn’t get link to work but assume it’s this?

Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC) – City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (Code)RIFC notes that the 28 day period following the mandatory cash offer announcement from Laird Investments (Pty) Limited (Laird) on 29 March 2018 has passed without the publication of a Code-compliant offer document. RIFC has been informed by the Takeover Panel that this is a breach of Rule 24.1 of the Code.

RIFC understands that Laird has the funds to make the offer in an Attorney client account and is seeking the necessary South African Government approvals to permit the cash required for the offer to be transferred to the United Kingdom to enable an appropriate third party to provide the cash confirmation required by Rule 24.8 of the Code.

Meantime, the Takeover Panel has asked RIFC to advise shareholders that the Panel will take all appropriate steps to seek to ensure that a Code-compliant offer is made as soon as possible

Next week should be fun

I've not been following the zombies' financial shenanigans much recently. What is this going to mean for the Govan newboys in blue?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ffer-1-4731690
    Last edited by green glory; 27-04-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...re_pid=5383305

Defective. A good word.

Concomitant with what we know about them already.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...re_pid=5383305

Defective. A good word.

Concomitant with what we know about them already.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    What is it with sevco and cormorants anyway?

Are there any other ocean going seabirds they are connected with? It's a hard enough life they lead without their name being dragged through the mud by constantly being cited by the likes of Dodgy Dave.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 27-04-2018 at 06:39 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby