hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1347 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 34784712471297133713451346134713481349135713971447 ... LastLast
Results 40,381 to 40,410 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meant at Hibs-Huns and Hibs-Celtc. Don't recall any bad feeling of any sort between Hibs and Hearts fans at that time. Huns were always poisonous. Always.
    I can remember constant battles both at Easter Rd and Tynie in the respective "Sheds" from the late 60s well into the 70s till segregation happened.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Never been to a Rangers v Celtic Derby, and no intention of ever going
    I’d say he’s referring to when Huns or Celtic came to Easter Road it was very different. The Derby was a game you could comfortably go along to with mates supporting each side. No problem. If you wanted a bit of handbags you could get that in the shed. There was a line of polis down the middle and people threw abuse and the odd piss filled can at each other. Not pleasant but not scary violence either. Personally I chose to go and watch the game like most people did those days. God I wish it was still like that but also happy with the way ER is how

Left by mutual consent!
    Never felt any worries in a Hibs-Hearts crowd in those days, surrounded or not. Huns and Celtc a different matter.
    Hertz fans went crazy at the PS 5 o'clock goal an rushed the celebrating Hibby's. Lots of trouble and continued on the way home. bTW Iain Munro was a part time teacher at my school and all we wanted to do was hear about that goal.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Meant at Hibs-Huns and Hibs-Celtc. Don't recall any bad feeling of any sort between Hibs and Hearts fans at that time. Huns were always poisonous. Always.
    Sorry, yeah always more poisonous v Huns. At celtic Park we leave the ground together, absolutely no hassle

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    I can remember constant battles both at Easter Rd and Tynie in the respective "Sheds" from the late 60s well into the 70s till segregation happened.
    Was there proper trouble at the 7-0 game? I never really noticed any. Certainly not on the scale of May 2016 anyway.

I like your name.. according to my dad (who was actually there) he said it was before segregation and that they were in a mixed group. He said he had to calm down one of his Hibs friends who was getting "a bit carried away" 😂😂
    Was in terracing (now the Wheatfield) around halfway line with group of 5 Hibees and 2 Hertz (one was Brother in Law) and never saw any problems. most of the Yams had left early 😂
    Went back to my Sisters flat in Harrison Park after game with family.
    Plenty leg pulling for the B-I-L that night I can tell you 🤣🤣🤣
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Was there proper trouble at the 7-0 game? I never really noticed any. Certainly not on the scale of May 2016 anyway.
    I was in the school end and wasn’t any bother but most hearts fans were away by half time anyway, but use to have loads of trouble at Easter road . Hearts fans were really bad lot back then only changed in the eighties with the hibs casuals .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t remember any trouble until after 1973 and certainly not in the 1960s.I was in the enclosure level with the penalty box at the end we scored five.It was the usual mixed bunch.It’s interesting that if the number of Hibs supporters who have claimed to be at the game had actually been there there then the attendance would have been 80000.I’ve got at least six pals who now say they were there but weren’t.I ended up Billy Nomates and went on my own.

@hibs.net private member
    My father was there ( disclaimer he’s not mine as my mother was on the game when I was conceived, well I’d rather have that than a Jambo as a dad ). He told me he went with a Hibs mate and they had a half bottle each with them and had a bet which was whoever scored owed the other person a drink.

Said by the time the seventh went in he didn’t give a hoots as he was mince on his mates bottle. Said there was lots of banter and pizz taking but no trouble.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Me too, to be fair.
    I do recall the Glesgie polis being totally nonplussed before the ... ... 5-1 game. They couldn't understand how both sets of fans were integrating so freely and being so friendly to each other. Alien to them I suppose.

Ok you are Keith Jackson and I claim my £19.02

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I remember it well.

We did the usual new year day game arrangement. A dozen of us, probs 8 Hibbys and 4 Jambos each with a half bottle in the inside pocket of our coats/combat jackets.

We were standing about level with 18 yard line at the Gorgie end on the main terracing in the first half. The only trouble was the Jambo's refused to pass round their bottles after the 4th goal went in and moved away from us Hibby's at half time.

We never attended a NYD game together after that.

My Grandad's mate, a Hearts Fan, didn't know the game was on at 2pm and turned up shortly before 3, only to be met by thousands of fellow Fans on their way home.

Needless to say he decided to join them when he found out the score :-)
    Last edited by Keith_M; 06-03-2018 at 06:55 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I remember it well.

We did the usual new year day game arrangement. A dozen of us, probs 8 Hibbys and 4 Jambos each with a half bottle in the inside pocket of our coats/combat jackets.

We were standing about level with 18 yard line at the Gorgie end on the main terracing in the first half. The only trouble was the Jambo's refused to pass round their bottles after the 4th goal went in and moved away from us Hibby's at half time.

We never attended a NYD game together after that.
    I stood around the same area having entered through the Wheatfield entrance with 5 Jambos and another 2 Hibbys. We all had hip flasks/half bottles in our pockets and from memory there had been a recent history of no scoring draws in the previous games between the two clubs and we jokingly said that we would have a drink each time a goal was scored. I was a goner by halftime but I don’t remember any crowd trouble where we stood but there was certainly plenty banter.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Anyone seen the Rangers meltdown thread? I'm sure I left it around here somewhere

Blog Entries
    Absolutely no trouble at the 7-0 game. I would say the McLeod St end was 90% Hibs, Gorgie Rd & Wheatfield about 70% Yams, until half time anyway. Funny thing is we were about 18 yard line at McLeod St end in Wheatfield, pretty much where there nutters congregate now. We were all Hibs but there were plenty Yams nearby but no problems at all. We had several half bottles with us to take to my pal's house after the game. We saved him one nip!

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    That is brilliant..is it real??

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Love it. But surely the tribute act have won three league titles? Just not the big one. Oh, and a Petrosomething cup.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pescarese View Post
    Love it. But surely the tribute act have won three league titles? Just not the big one. Oh, and a Petrosomething cup.

The plucky newco are still in the hunt for their first major trophy, bless them.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don’t remember any trouble until after 1973 and certainly not in the 1960s.I was in the enclosure level with the penalty box at the end we scored five.It was the usual mixed bunch.It’s interesting that if the number of Hibs supporters who have claimed to be at the game had actually been there there then the attendance would have been 80000.I’ve got at least six pals who now say they were there but weren’t.I ended up Billy Nomates and went on my own.
    Still looked really packed in second half. Maybe more Hibs fans turned up when they heard the half time score. remember going to game with my mate and his dad and listening to the radio. Old firm called off I said if Hibs win 5-0 we go top. Everybody turned round and looked at me as if I was mad!

Anyhoo...

Are the zombies dead dead yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Anyhoo...

Are the zombies dead dead yet?
    Looks like Minty Moonbeams might be making a comeback
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    I think this was always part of the master plan eventually.

The Saviour!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Finishing fourth is no different from finishing second (or third). Either means entry at the First Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Winning the Scottish Cup means entry at Second Qualifying Round.
    Incorrect, if Celtic win the League and the Scottish Cup then 2nd place enters the Europa League in the 2nd Qualifying Round.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The Saviour!
    There is NO way that man should be allowed to have anything to do with Scottish football.

Will the Loyalest fans in the world forgive him for taking Craig Whyte's pound?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Why is he called that?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    There is NO way that man should be allowed to have anything to do with Scottish football.
    Wasn't he barred from Scottish Football? Sure I heard or read something SR (SFA fit and proper :\ )wrote after all the proverbial hit the fan re DM not being welcome in Scottish Football?