hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1344 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 34484412441294133413421343134413451346135413941444 ... LastLast
Results 40,291 to 40,320 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What (or who) is the TP?
    Takeover Panel

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    What (or who) is the TP?
    The People

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I think they’ll make the same sort of Progres as last year!

Its pretty clear that the directors soft loans have dried up and I’ve never believed King had the cash needed. If they are taking costly loans already then I can’t possibly see any other way back for them.

Needing £7 million to stay afloat. High earners unlikely to leave. Morelos story is a lot of nonsense and a lot of loan players needing bought or replaced.

It it looks like they’ve bet everything on Europe. An admin event when they don’t qualify for the European group stages would allow them to get rid of some players and clear the decks.

Group stages or admin is my bet. Be nice if we finished third and helped them down the admin road!
    A-ha that's why it was a penalty when the ball hit Porteous's arm.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Doleman has been snowed off.

We need a volunteer....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Doleman has been snowed off.

We need a volunteer....

Wimp. I’m already in the office, although it’s only two doors from my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

The final instalment of the transfer story is released...

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Yet another site who want to block ad blockers...

... F*** 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

Didn't see that coming....

Waitwaitwait. The record is describing this M*ngolian guy as a striker, while transfermarkt suggests he's a left-back (4 goals in 58 appearances) with a market value of about €100K whose career consisted entirely of being a free agent (he's 26 years old) until about 2 years ago. That's the guy that Beijing went with instead of spending £6 or 7 or 8 million on Morelos? I've no idea about how good this guy is, but they hardly sound like drop-in replacements for each other.

The Daily Record seems to want us to believe that football clubs in China are so mysterious and inscrutable that they'd be happy to go out shopping for a Ferrari and come back with a combine harvester.

There is a second guy mentioned - some Chinese midfielder who has been shipped from Metz B to some Luxembourg team (the only place he's had significant game time) to some team in the Portuguese 2nd Division on free transfers. Hardly seems like the guy that'll be eating into this £7 million they were due to spend on Morelos either.
    Last edited by Aim Here; 28-02-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Fix the swear filter, please!

SFM‏ @TheSFMonitor17m17 minutes ago
    Lord Davidson arguing for Dave King. Lords Carloway, Glennie & Drummond-Young hearing appeal.—————

SFM‏ @TheSFMonitor16m16 minutes ago
    Davidson’s pitch basically is that the Bannatyne went too far, too fast in making decision. Should have asked for more info on NOAL and King’s finances.
    —————

SFM‏ @TheSFMonitor13s14 seconds ago
    David Johnston QC for ToP arguing along the lines of Lord Bannatyne in the CoS. Lord Glennie demonstrating a firm grasp of matters. Adjourned until 2pm.

King’s appeal rejected

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    King’s appeal rejected

So, practically what does this mean? He needs to pony up cash he doesnt have?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    So, practically what does this mean? He needs to pony up cash he doesnt have?
    To comply with the ruling he needs to offer all other NewHun shareholders 20p/share which means he has to have £11M (I think) ready to go. You wouldn't imagine they'd all take him up on it but ...

In practical terms I think it's more likely the Good (!) ship Sevco will sail on with the King pushed overboard.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Who is the *****lian the Chinese are signing ?

Attilla the Hun !

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Who is the *****lian the Chinese are signing ?

Attilla the Hun !
    Their two signings

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nizamdin/profil/spieler/425173

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chu-wang/profil/spieler/235976
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

As posted by Easyjambo on the SFM website.
    —————————
    Lords Carloway, Glennie and Drummond-Young heard the appeal.

King was represented as before by Lord Davidson QC and TOP by David Johnston QC.

LD set out six points he wished to raise with the Court as his ground for appeal.
    1, That the Court had discretion to do what they wanted rather than just seek compliance
    2. The impecunious position of King
    3. The reliance of the Lord Ordinary (Bannatyne) on it being in the public interest.
    4. That Lord Banatyne went to far and too fast in coming to his conclusion based on the information available to him and that other avenues were open to him.
    5. Enforcement served no practical purpose if the individual was unable to comply.
    6. That the enforcement action should be dismissed (although he had a fallback position of asking that the matter be referred back to the Lord Ordinary for further proofs)

The above entailed highlighting the same arguments that he placed in front of Lord Bannatyne. He sought to obfuscate matters arguing on the basis of the meaning of words, e.g. “causing” NOAL to do some thing wasn’t the same as having “control”. He even described his own submissions as “excessively linguistic”

Lord Glennie in particular was quick to interject on a number of points, not least that there was no challenge made to the TOP and TAB findings themselves, only Lord Bannatyne’s decision.

In response David Johnston’s arguments were basically a reiteration of Lord Banantyne’s decision. He accepted a suggestion from Lord Carloway that the interlocutor should be amended to allow King or NOAL to make the offer, if the Court was so minded.

Proceedings ended just after lunch when Lord Davidson revealed that King had sent an email to the RIFC Board at 10:15 this morning to advise them that NOAL would make the share purchase offer if the decision went against him.

Lord Glennie immediately responded that such an offer would suggest that the impecunious argument was wrong.

TOP’s Counsel had nothing to add, so the three Lords entered a huddle for 30 seconds, before announcing the the reclaiming motion (appeal) was rejected and the interlocutor(as amended) would stand.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Lord Glennie immediately responded that such an offer would suggest that the impecunious argument was wrong.

—————————

King was represented as before by Lord Davidson QC and TOP by David Johnston QC.

LD set out six points he wished to raise with the Court as his ground for appeal.
    1, That the Court had discretion to do what they wanted rather than just seek compliance
    3. The reliance of the Lord Ordinary (Bannatyne) on it being in the public interest.
    4. That Lord Banatyne went to far and too fast in coming to his conclusion based on the information available to him and that other avenues were open to him.
    5. Enforcement served no practical purpose if the individual was unable to comply.
    6. That the enforcement action should be dismissed (although he had a fallback position of asking that the matter be referred back to the Lord Ordinary for further proofs)

The above entailed highlighting the same arguments that he placed in front of Lord Bannatyne. He sought to obfuscate matters arguing on the basis of the meaning of words, e.g. “causing” NOAL to do some thing wasn’t the same as having “control”. He even described his own submissions as “excessively linguistic”

Lord Glennie in particular was quick to interject on a number of points, not least that there was no challenge made to the TOP and TAB findings themselves, only Lord Bannatyne’s decision.

In response David Johnston’s arguments were basically a reiteration of Lord Banantyne’s decision. He accepted a suggestion from Lord Carloway that the interlocutor should be amended to allow King or NOAL to make the offer, if the Court was so minded.

Proceedings ended just after lunch when Lord Davidson revealed that King had sent an email to the RIFC Board at 10:15 this morning to advise them that NOAL would make the share purchase offer if the decision went against him.

TOP’s Counsel had nothing to add, so the three Lords entered a huddle for 30 seconds, before announcing the the reclaiming motion (appeal) was rejected and the interlocutor(as amended) would stand.

30 seconds! Well, at least they gave it all the fullest consideration it deserved.

—————————

Three Lords entering a Huddle Surprised King hasn't made an issue of this

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Who’s paying for all these costs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Three Lords entering a Huddle Surprised King hasn't made an issue of this

A hurdle ? Tim Lords at work. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Who’s paying for all these costs
    King will be paying his own although I’m sure he will find a way to pass on to the sevconians.

30 seconds!!!

and it can take 5 minutes for VAR to decide on a decision.....

Frivolous appeal anyone? Should financial penalty be imposed for wasting the courts time? I don't imagine such an august gathering of lords, even in this gig economy, would come cheap.

https://twitter.com/bbcdouglasf/stat...755826177?s=21

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-43231582

"Lawyers for the South African had argued that a judge went "too far" in ruling against him." Love the arrogance of the man but my favourite bit is "Lord Bannatyne held that Mr King's argument that he does not have the funds to make the offer was "irrelevant"."

The TP and DK

Can you remind me how much the Directors loans are?