hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1337 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 33783712371287132713351336133713381339134713871437 ... LastLast
Results 40,081 to 40,110 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn’t it usually a bad thing for a business to comment on rumours that it’s in trouble?
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...talk-1-4683750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Morelos' £8m "valuation" and their "refusal" to sell wouldn't be an acceptable business case for a bank loan. They're at it and the Scottish media are complicit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyHibee View Post
    He seems a bit too desperate to say "there is nothing wrong".
    Puts me in mind of Sutherland coming out with his infamous 'We are self sufficient' statement shortly before the yams bounced the pensioners and charities

Testimonial Due
    Isn’t it usually a bad thing for a business to comment on rumours that it’s in trouble?

Sounds spookily like this:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...cial_problems/

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Superb. We made up a story involving a fabricated bid so we must be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Their PR advice since Jabba joined has been primary school stuff.

Great for the rest of us watching though !!

Nobody outside Sevco believes there was a bid for Morelos - so why the BBC feel the need to hang another of their reporters out to dry for the Huns is beyond me.
    Correct.
    If Rangers wanted to start to get some decent publicity and be seen that they were acting like grown ups they could do two things for quick wins.

1) Dispense with the services of Level 5 - this would sort a lot of their image issues as that firm is an embarrassment.

2) Stop acting like bairns with the BBC (the biggest and most influential Football broadcaster in Scotland) and go and have an adult grown up conversation with them instead of this perma huff which is puerile.

He is almost provoking JJ and Phil Mac into responding by asking for the proof. Neither Jabba nor Sevco seem to grasp the power of the internet....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    £8m for Morelos ??. In the real world they'd struggle to get £1m - spends more time diving and screaming at the ref than he does scoring ! Once again our 'media' shows that there's no depths they won't sink to !
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alfre...spieler/338962
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Normally that site over values players.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Correct.
    If Rangers wanted to start to get some decent publicity and be seen that they were acting like grown ups they could do two things for quick wins.

1) Dispense with the services of Level 5 - this would sort a lot of their image issues as that firm is an embarrassment.

2) Stop acting like bairns with the BBC (the biggest and most influential Football broadcaster in Scotland) and go and have an adult grown up conversation with them instead of this perma huff which is puerile.
    Regarding the BBC 'ban' it annoys me the amount of reporting the BBC do on The Rangers when a total blackout would IMO be very effective.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Testimonial Due

I know the Scotsman is a sinking ship but it's staggering that they are taking the Morelos Chinese bid story at face value. It's inconceivable that there was an offer of £7.5 million (it's above the limit that Chinese clubs are allowed, for starters) and inconceivable that, if there had been such a bid (or anything like it), Sevco would have rejected it.

No idea who David Gunn (the "journalist" who wrote this particular piece) is but Aidan Smith reported the Morelos story as accepted fact at the weekend - he should be ashamed of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Correct.

I'm not sure that's in their best interest, tbh. Unless they ever get a team together with a chance of challenging Celtc, the only thing keeping Ra Berrz buying STs for this new team is a circle the wagons, defiant mentality. Hence back to the old songs, more military paraphernalia than you could shake a poppy at, plenty of statements, etc etc.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    I know the Scotsman is a sinking ship but it's staggering that they are taking the Morelos Chinese bid story at face value. It's inconceivable that there was an offer of £7.5 million (it's above the limit that Chinese clubs are allowed, for starters) and inconceivable that, if there had been such a bid (or anything like it), Sevco would have rejected it.

No idea who David Gunn (the "journalist" who wrote this particular piece) is but Aidan Smith reported the Morelos story as accepted fact at the weekend - he should be ashamed of himself.

The BBC journalist who offered an apology to Sevco is leading the way.

We really need Alex Thomson or another journo outside the Glasgow bubble to become interested again.

The story is made up garbage. Sevco refusing such an offer is the equivalent of them going out and buying a player for £7.5m - there's no way in Hell they could afford to do that - not even close.

Hanging onto Morelos makes no economic sense. The only reasons would be if his presence in the Sevco side gave them a crack at the Champions League, prevented Celtic from 10 in a Row, or if they believe his value will rise in the future. None of those things will happen.

This is a Trump(ed) up story to appease their fan base, and discredit the FBI and the Mueler Enquiry

If there was a bid, then more likely for ¥8m (about $900k) than £8m.
    Last edited by Onion; 06-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.

BBC reporter asked the Chinese club and club denied they had made any bid, and they pointed out they have their full quota of foreign players. But all the MMS are just ignoring that fact cause it spoils the whole yarn.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The story is made up garbage. Sevco refusing such an offer is the equivalent of them going out and buying a player for £7.5m - there's no way in Hell they could afford to do that - not even close.

Hanging onto Morelos makes no economic sense. The only reasons would be if his presence in the Sevco side gave them a crack at the Champions League, prevented Celtic from 10 in a Row, or if they believe his value will rise in the future. None of those things will happen.

This is a Trump(ed) up story to appease King to their fan base, and discredit the FBI and the Mueler Enquiry
    Here is Phil Mac's take on it - interesting and we'll soon see if there is any truth in it.....

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/0...be-challenged/

That plus the fact that Chinese clubs currently have to pay a 100% tax on foreign players and suddenly they are paying £15m for morelas.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

Jeezo, and they're probably wondering why no-one buys their rag any more.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Normally that site over values players.

I hope not, SJM is £495k

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    BBC reporter asked the Chinese club and club denied they had made any bid, and they pointed out they have their full quota of foreign players. But all the MMS are just ignoring that fact cause it spoils the whole yarn.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

He has since claimed that he saw the bids “with his own eyes”... hence the retraction and apology to Sevco.

This begs the question - is it normal for journos to see actual bids (which is in reality an offer from one corporate entity to another)?

How did he see them? Presumably summoned to the fax machine room at Ibrox.

All very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Here is Phil Mac's take on it - interesting and we'll soon see if there is any truth in it.....

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/0...be-challenged/

It makes sense, albeit his ‘source’ is probably his own fevered imagination.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It makes sense, albeit his ‘source’ is probably his own fevered imagination.
    Or Kerrydale St

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I'm not sure that's in their best interest, tbh. Unless they ever get a team together with a chance of challenging Celtc, the only thing keeping Ra Berrz buying STs for this new team is a circle the wagons, defiant mentality. Hence back to the old songs, more military paraphernalia than you could shake a poppy at, plenty of statements, etc etc.
    Perhaps you're right. I was crediting them with the ability to occasionally act like grown ups. Probably a step too far

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

Jeezo, and they're probably wondering why no-one buys their rag any more.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how much he does actually go for - presumably in the summer. He has got the rest of the season to go and could up his price to maybe 10m (in whatever currency sounds best).

Testimonial Due
    My money is on it being a whole lot of sh**e and if it were true its just a potential money laundering scam to move some cash somewhere. The guy who bought AC Milan is an unheard of business man who manged to
    get financed from a US fund. He has no track record. It is so easy to make fake stories from china but as we know jabba and the gang don't cover all the stops so eventually the truth will come to the surface.
    These guys at Rangers are total sharks........ but they have a harder time today because their team is run of the mill and there is only so much the sfa can do keep them up top. 10/15 years a go Hibs would never have
    got a penalty at Ibrox !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He has since claimed that he saw the bids “with his own eyes”... hence the retraction and apology to Sevco.

This begs the question - is it normal for journos to see actual bids (which is in reality an offer from one corporate entity to another)?

How did he see them? Presumably summoned to the fax machine room at Ibrox.

All very weird.
    And of course, being the true professional journalist he decided there was no need to photograph these 'bids' as the Scottish Football 'media' are held in such high esteem, his 'word' would be enough ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    And of course, being the true professional journalist he decided there was no need to photograph these 'bids' as the Scottish Football 'media' are held in such high esteem, his 'word' would be enough ...................................
    I think "I saw the bids with my own eyes" is a euphemism for "didny want ma windeas tanned/wanted the twitter death threats to stop".

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Fair point but have you looked how much they value sjm?
    Ggtth

Morelles dropped for tonight. Imagine unsettling your own striker.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kim Whyte v Craig Whyte back in court this week for a 2 day proof hearing. I'm assuming this is the matter of non payment of maintenance payments to his ex wife. The once lauded Chairman of the old Rangers once described as having multi millions 'off the radar' in court for failing to pony up aliment. Dearie me.

mon the cabbage!!!