hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1336 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 33683612361286132613341335133613371338134613861436 ... LastLast
Results 40,051 to 40,080 of 44390
    If the Morelos story is true they obviously still have enough money to pay their PR guru!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all need to have a little more sympathy for the average Hun. They've had 4 years to come to terms with the fact that Celtic are on a different level altogether and they just can't compete - maybe fluke 1 in 15 if they're lucky. Celtic are also heading towards 10 in a row which Sevco are powerless to stop. They are impotent.

As a result, the Huns are venting their frustrations and hatred toward a team have half a chance of beating on occasion - Hibs. It's hilarious.
    As someone who lives in the West this is an entirely accurate representation of their feelings towards us. They hate us because on their day they can beat us but equally we can beat them. Celtic are so far ahead that Rangers are just something to be laughed at in their fans eyes, they got sick of arguing the opposite so turned their attention to us, the fact that we were rivals for the championship, the Scott Allan affair and then the cup final were all around the same time just cemented it. The way Rangers fans speak about Hibs (including many I know and some friends) is akin to the way they spoke about Celtic in the 90s and 00s. Celtic they speak about they way you'd speak about an EPL team you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    As someone who lives in the West this is an entirely accurate representation of their feelings towards us. They hate us because on their day they can beat us but equally we can beat them. Celtic are so far ahead that Rangers are just something to be laughed at in their fans eyes, they got sick of arguing the opposite so turned their attention to us, the fact that we were rivals for the championship, the Scott Allan affair and then the cup final were all around the same time just cemented it. The way Rangers fans speak about Hibs (including many I know and some friends) is akin to the way they spoke about Celtic in the 90s and 00s. Celtic they speak about they way you'd speak about an EPL team you don't like.
    Lets hope that they can continue the trend, and in future they forget about us and transfer similar attentions to Dundee United, then Ayr United, then Fort William...

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Lets hope that they can continue the trend, and in future they forget about us and transfer similar attentions to Dundee United, then Ayr United, then Fort William...
    They need something to hate, its what defines them.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Imagine being this wound up by an opposition manager.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...ent=1064532768

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

Weirdos, the "Dick of a driver" thread is pretty funny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    If the Morelos story is true they obviously still have enough money to pay their PR guru!!
    I think a happy meal should cover it.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    I wouldn't exactly call Jim Traynor at PR Guru. The man is a Grade A walloper.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Weirdos, the "Dick of a driver" thread is pretty funny.
    I really should cut down on browsing their fan forums, but it's overly addictive; I'm sure extended contact with the stupidity and bigotry isn't good for you.

My current wtf is one poor sensitive soul on page two who objected to the use of the term 'hun' and rushed to the forum to tell other likeminded fans about this horrendous instance of bigotry with the headline 'Taigs player calling one of us a h**'. To be fair, one of the dozens of commenters actually managed to spot the irony.

Glesgae

I didn't want to hurt the poor man's feelings and get banned from Ibrox.

You make a very good point though.

Lille in France being threatened with relegation apparently for being in a financial mess. Imagine if Scotland had administrators with the balls to reign in clubs here who were a fiscal catastrophe......

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lill...ew/news/300192
    Last edited by HoboHarry; 05-02-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

Terrible forum, some of comments dear oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Terrible forum, some of comments dear oh dear
    I'm trying my best to give at least some of them the benefit of the doubt in thinking that they are at the wind up. Surely they can't all be that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Jim Traynor at PR Guru. The man is a Grade A walloper.
    Jim Traynor probably considers himself to be a PR guru, the rest of the world consider him to be a PR ICK.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Maybe not though,

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...k98ovPDh0wU%3D

Traynor has terminated his assistant in make believe Stephen Kerr .

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I preface this by saying the guy I was chatting to, I met for the first time this weekend - he was a friend of my dad, who isn't a fan of The Rangers, or indeed any football team, so no axe to grind.

He was Danny Wilson's accountant before his relocation out to the USA. He spoke with Wilson shortly after the team returned to Scotland from Orlando. Wilson's contract was up at the end of the season, and had been told prior to going to Florida that he was integral in Murty's plans for the remainder of the season. He was trying to negotiate a new contract to allow him to keep playing at Ibrox - didn't want to any pay increase, didn't want any ludicrous perks etc to his contract, just an extension - his partner is due to give birth in 3 months, so he wanted to settle in Scotland and keep playing. He turned up to training one day to find out Rangers had agreed to the approach from Colorado without any consultation with him or his people. They had been offered some money for him (undisclosed) and were in 'real need' to accept the offer. The same 'need' was the reason they offloaded Pena and tried to offload Alves. The Morelos story was pure fabrication by a PR company hired by Rangers to drum up interest in the player.

Their accounts are horrific to read, and the last lot didn't include any of Pedro's signings etc - several of their creditors have also been pushing hard to try and get repayments back, and there's a growing concern about their longevity.

Not sure how much of this is 'new' information (as I don't follow this thread in daily detail), but I thought I'd pass it on!
    The Morelos(s) story was invented by Rangers so that Dave King and co can say "look, we don't need the money, we turned down £8 million, all is well here, nothing to see...." it's all deflection and smoke and mirrors and now them refuting their own made up story...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    The Morelos(s) story was invented by Rangers so that Dave King and co can say "look, we don't need the money, we turned down £8 million, all is well here, nothing to see...." it's all deflection and smoke and mirrors and now them refuting their own made up story...
    Exactly what I thought. Idea that someone would pay £8M for Morelous is beyond ridiculous, and the media should have asked for evidence, or at least questioned the story coming out of the SevcoBrox. The MSM love to peddle the lies and fabrications of the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Exactly what I thought. Idea that someone would pay £8M for Morelous is beyond ridiculous, and the media should have asked for evidence, or at least questioned the story coming out of the SevcoBrox. The MSM love to peddle the lies and fabrications of the Old Firm.
    Always the way with particularly Rangers. Absolute succulent lamb and again nothing changes even after the liquidation etc

You're forgetting one did. Then bizarrely went straight to apologising for asking questions.

Still, not stopping the press from running the £8m story today at the request of deceptive face

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Or they are trying to borrow money and are talking up the value of their assets for the benefit of potential lenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The whole thing stinks of glib and shameless... In every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Or they are trying to borrow money and are talking up the value of their assets for the benefit of potential lenders.

I think that rings true.

Left by mutual consent!
    £8m for Morelos ??. In the real world they'd struggle to get £1m - spends more time diving and screaming at the ref than he does scoring ! Once again our 'media' shows that there's no depths they won't sink to !
    Last edited by Deansy; 06-02-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    £8m for Morelos ??. In the real world they'd struggle to get £1m - spends more time diving and screaming at the ref than he does scoring ! Once again our 'media' shows that there's no depths they won't sink to !
    Before 2008 people were building up large buy to let portfolios by remortgaging houses they already owned. To do this they would get an inflated valuation done on the property. You knew you could never sell the property for the valuation you got, the surveyor knew as well but did not care as he was getting paid and the bank knew as well but they did not care because they were selling another loan. It doesn’t really matter how credible the valuation, so long as it’s out there they will try to use it to secure funds.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Before 2008 people were building up large buy to let portfolios by remortgaging houses they already owned. To do this they would get an inflated valuation done on the property. You knew you could never sell the property for the valuation you got, the surveyor knew as well but did not care as he was getting paid and the bank knew as well but they did not care because they were selling another loan. It doesn’t really matter how credible the valuation, so long as it’s out there they will try to use it to secure funds.

It will take one team to check Morelos out, they will walk away as will every other team.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 06-02-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Pretty much agree with you Oz but it could also just be as simple as with the MSM continually referring to Morelos as an £8m player, some dumb club will offer say £4 or £5m. I agree no way is he worth £8m but most weeks down here in Engerlund I go to a game & see a guy who's cost in excess of £10m & he's scored about 2 goals all season. The market is ludicrous & King/Traynor are merely applying the "big lie" maxim to try & cash in. Hopefully it will be as successful as the Barrie McKay deal!

Isn’t it usually a bad thing for a business to comment on rumours that it’s in trouble?
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...talk-1-4683750

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Isn’t it usually a bad thing for a business to comment on rumours that it’s in trouble?

He seems a bit too desperate to say "there is nothing wrong".

Depends if he was directly asked about the rumours.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Their PR advice since Jabba joined has been primary school stuff.

Great for the rest of us watching though !!

Nobody outside Sevco believes there was a bid for Morelos - so why the BBC feel the need to hang another of their reporters out to dry for the Huns is beyond me.