hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1335 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 33583512351285132513331334133513361337134513851435 ... LastLast
Results 40,021 to 40,050 of 44390
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They forgot to add the words "Just cut and paste that Kheredine. Thanks, Dave King" at the end.

As in ""An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet. Just cut and paste that Kheredine. Thanks, Dave King"
    What a farce! I suspect some agent is involved in the shenanigans here. Why would a Chinese club be offering euros to a Scottish club & what happened to the limit on foreign players? Well that's the MSM back in their box!
    Last edited by brog; 01-02-2018 at 06:03 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    What a farce! I suspect some agent is involved in tge shenanigans here. Why would a Chinese club be offering euros to a Scottish club & what happened to the limit on foreign players? Well that's the MSM back in their box!
    And, if there were such bids, given RFC's need for cash, why were they rejected?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    And, if there were such bids, given RFC's need for cash, why were they rejected?

I suppose it's possible that they could still get a bid as I think the Chinese window is open for another month. Still reeks of lies from Fat Jim (I imagine)

Very weak journalism. Was he told something by a decent source in China or not? What was the source? Why apologise for reporting something he was told by a decent source? Why has another source superceded this one? When has the BBC previously incorrectly reported something about a Scottish football club and apologised for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Very weak journalism. Was he told something by a decent source in China or not? What was the source? Why apologise for reporting something he was told by a decent source? Why has another source superceded this one? When has the BBC previously incorrectly reported something about a Scottish football club and apologised for it?
    Why apologies to Sevco at all? All sorts of stories have appeared linking McGinn to all sorts of clubs. We haven’t had a single apology?
    Maybe it’s because this totally fictitious transfer was completely dreamy up inside Ibrox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Why apologies to Sevco at all? All sorts of stories have appeared linking McGinn to all sorts of clubs. We haven’t had a single apology?
    Maybe it’s because this totally fictitious transfer was completely dreamy up inside Ibrox.

And then reported as fact from the largely Jabba controlled media puppets. Remember Radar reported a 6 million bid was being prepared from a German team for one of their players who iirc was later sold for substantially less than 1 million.

mon the cabbage!!!

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/02/bl...morelos-story/

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.

7:10 am - 1 Feb 2018

An update from Kheredine.
    The Thes should let him go and better himself #handitin
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I wonder how much of a bill for new double glazing Kheredine would have been looking at if he hadn't tweeted that "clarification".

Blog Entries
    Even allowing for the usual Celtc bias that's an excellent article. The Beeb should be ashamed.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Even allowing for the usual Celtc bias that's an excellent article. The Beeb should be ashamed.
    Really thought provoking.. I'd love to hear a Beeb response to that... Pity it won't ever happen.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Exactly, there is no way they would have turned it down

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Really thought provoking.. I'd love to hear a Beeb response to that... Pity it won't ever happen.

We need to move on from questioning anything that stinks of corruption around the hun. The BBC sucking Sevco'c tadger is something we will just have to accept.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    We need to move on from questioning anything that stinks of corruption around the hun. The BBC sucking Sevco'c tadger is something we will just have to accept.
    Good point... Well made....

Don’t think I could ever give up pointing out corruption if I suspect it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t think I could ever give up pointing out corruption if I suspect it.

You’re doing such a top job pointing out corruption that your strongly held beliefs have achieved the square root of **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    You’re doing such a top job pointing out corruption that your strongly held beliefs have achieved the square root of **** all.
    Ouch, that feels personal. And there was me thinking I was up there with Woodward and Bernstein.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Can’t do it. It’s a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Ouch, that feels personal. And there was me thinking I was up there with Woodward and Bernstein.

As long as it's not Weinstein you'll be ok.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

If only it was Leonard Bernstein we could get a good tune to accompany the thread

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70

I always liked The Equalizer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I always liked The Equalizer.
    Me too but when SDG scored the winner it was much better.

Testimonial Due
    I see Murty has now been told to say that there definitely was a bid for Morelos and that they're now going to offer him an improved deal. You couldn't make it up. Horrible club.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was speaking to a guy yesterday who lives in Glasgow. He goes to a bar that shows Scottish games live. He was there watching our 3-2 league win at Ibrox. The hatred towards Hibs and NL was much worse than any old firm game. Guy has no axe to grind as is a Dundee Utd fan (in Glasgow I know) and whose dad has always liked the Hibs. Anyone going just watch as the pure hate now is overwhelming and pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I was speaking to a guy yesterday who lives in Glasgow. He goes to a bar that shows Scottish games live. He was there watching our 3-2 league win at Ibrox. The hatred towards Hibs and NL was much worse than any old firm game. Guy has no axe to grind as is a Dundee Utd fan (in Glasgow I know) and whose dad has always liked the Hibs. Anyone going just watch as the pure hate now is overwhelming and pretty pathetic.
    We all need to have a little more sympathy for the average Hun. They've had 4 years to come to terms with the fact that Celtic are on a different level altogether and they just can't compete - maybe fluke 1 in 15 if they're lucky. Celtic are also heading towards 10 in a row which Sevco are powerless to stop. They are impotent.

As a result, the Huns are venting their frustrations and hatred toward a team have half a chance of beating on occasion - Hibs. It's hilarious.

The outpouring of bile and Sectarianism will be in full flow today as The Rangers and The Politicians and The Police have no intention of trying to do anything about it

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Me too but when SDG scored the winner it was much better.

Boom!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I preface this by saying the guy I was chatting to, I met for the first time this weekend - he was a friend of my dad, who isn't a fan of The Rangers, or indeed any football team, so no axe to grind.

He was Danny Wilson's accountant before his relocation out to the USA. He spoke with Wilson shortly after the team returned to Scotland from Orlando. Wilson's contract was up at the end of the season, and had been told prior to going to Florida that he was integral in Murty's plans for the remainder of the season. He was trying to negotiate a new contract to allow him to keep playing at Ibrox - didn't want to any pay increase, didn't want any ludicrous perks etc to his contract, just an extension - his partner is due to give birth in 3 months, so he wanted to settle in Scotland and keep playing. He turned up to training one day to find out Rangers had agreed to the approach from Colorado without any consultation with him or his people. They had been offered some money for him (undisclosed) and were in 'real need' to accept the offer. The same 'need' was the reason they offloaded Pena and tried to offload Alves. The Morelos story was pure fabrication by a PR company hired by Rangers to drum up interest in the player.

Their accounts are horrific to read, and the last lot didn't include any of Pedro's signings etc - several of their creditors have also been pushing hard to try and get repayments back, and there's a growing concern about their longevity.

Not sure how much of this is 'new' information (as I don't follow this thread in daily detail), but I thought I'd pass it on!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I preface this by saying the guy I was chatting to, I met for the first time this weekend - he was a friend of my dad, who isn't a fan of The Rangers, or indeed any football team, so no axe to grind.

He was Danny Wilson's accountant before his relocation out to the USA. He spoke with Wilson shortly after the team returned to Scotland from Orlando. Wilson's contract was up at the end of the season, and had been told prior to going to Florida that he was integral in Murty's plans for the remainder of the season. He was trying to negotiate a new contract to allow him to keep playing at Ibrox - didn't want to any pay increase, didn't want any ludicrous perks etc to his contract, just an extension - his partner is due to give birth in 3 months, so he wanted to settle in Scotland and keep playing. He turned up to training one day to find out Rangers had agreed to the approach from Colorado without any consultation with him or his people. They had been offered some money for him (undisclosed) and were in 'real need' to accept the offer. The same 'need' was the reason they offloaded Pena and tried to offload Alves. The Morelos story was pure fabrication by a PR company hired by Rangers to drum up interest in the player.

Their accounts are horrific to read, and the last lot didn't include any of Pedro's signings etc - several of their creditors have also been pushing hard to try and get repayments back, and there's a growing concern about their longevity.

Not sure how much of this is 'new' information (as I don't follow this thread in daily detail), but I thought I'd pass it on!
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

That really brightens up a dull and dismal Monday.