hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1331 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 33183112311281132113291330133113321333134113811431 ... LastLast
Results 39,901 to 39,930 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats wrong with your sense of humour - CWG is alright.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    No bookie would take a large bet on a market like that, especially at that price, you’d be lucky to get £50 on that market at that price
    Bookies these days you’d be lucky to get 50p on a 5000-1 chance!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Whats wrong with your sense of humour - CWG is alright.......
    Bit of a private joke mate. Would take too long to explain.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    All the speculation about admin. at the Big Hoose.

Could there be a connection to King's apparent refusal to make the offer to shareholders as instructed. I dare say a real " cold shouldering " by all companies governed by the FSA would make trading almost impossible.

When's the deadline for the offer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    can we get a gofundme started and we can all chip in to buy the name the the rangers fc so they can't name themselves rangers anymore after they go bust?
    Can’t see them doing a cake sale!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Can’t see them doing a cake sale!!
    Hot cross huns

@hibs.net private member
    Really can’t see these rumours being true, no way they will go into admin again

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Really can’t see these rumours being true, no way they will go into admin again
    Because?????

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Hot cross huns
    German Biscuits

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Because?????
    Just don’t think they will, sorry

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They'll always have the glorious Petrofac Cup campaign of 15/16 to look back on.
    Did they ever launch a commemorative video for this one?

The team that died but came back as another team and won the cup that no one has ever heard of or wanted to win.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    German Biscuits
    Battle of the bun £16.90 it gets 5 stars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m sure they turned down money for Windass, which makes me think they’re not struggling as much as is being suggested.
    So says Traynor. They're desperately trying to offload Pena etc but no one's going to pay Sevco 20k a week for him or the other wasters. They don't want to sell Morelos, Windass or Candeias but 1st decent offer & they're off. It's also significant they didn't try to hijack the Walker deal. A year ago they were openly talking about signing Walker for far more than his current transfer fee. Of course the fact that every Scottish club now wants transfer money up front from Sevco may also play a part!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    They admitted in their accounts that they need to make the Europa League group stages next season to break even.

They probably assumed they'd finish no lower than 2nd this season but it's not been plain sailing so far. They've got a rookie as gaffer.

The owners have huge egos but how long can they continue to pump in cash?

Sevco are running on fumes. They are desperately trying to reduce the wage bill any way they can, they have their u20 manager in charge and their largest shareholder has two weeks to pony up £11m to find a share offer. Right now I can’t see them avoiding administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Sevco are running on fumes. They are desperately trying to reduce the wage bill any way they can, they have their u20 manager in charge and their largest shareholder has two weeks to pony up £11m to find a share offer. Right now I can’t see them avoiding administration.

here we go again

Left by mutual consent!
    Amazing how not even a mention of this on BBC,or the Daily Rangers(They are too busy talking about the Huns buying Russell,)

Id love them to go bankrupt again...as learnt absolutely nothing from the last clubs death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Amazing how not even a mention of this on BBC,or the Daily Rangers(They are too busy talking about the Huns buying Russell,)

Id love them to go bankrupt again...as learnt absolutely nothing from the last clubs death.
    It seemed no-one learned any lessons.

If they go as far as liquidation again I'd expect the authorities to make the same mistakes or even worse!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

I'm Sure they were about to buy Grant Holt from Norwich for £1m plus days before they went belly up the last time. Maybe a bit of symmetry here...

I so hope this is true, absolutely brilliant if they go under again!

Is this really all based on a tweet from oddschecker?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It seemed no-one learned any lessons.

If they go as far as liquidation again I'd expect the authorities to make the same mistakes or even worse!
    Problem is that the game is so corrupt here.

And has been for decades.

I still cant understand how with the money they have used to get to SPL and the position they are in....They gain a license from UEFA to play in Europe!

Inregard to Financial Fair Play rules.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    So says Traynor. They're desperately trying to offload Pena etc but no one's going to pay Sevco 20k a week for him or the other wasters. They don't want to sell Morelos, Windass or Candeias but 1st decent offer & they're off. It's also significant they didn't try to hijack the Walker deal. A year ago they were openly talking about signing Walker for far more than his current transfer fee. Of course the fact that every Scottish club now wants transfer money up front from Sevco may also play a part!!
    Pena is away on loan to Mexico and the club he has signed for are paying his full wages
    They didn't appoint new Manager ,but have recently brought in an assistant They are still bringing players in
    While their clearly are ongoing cash flow issues ,they always seem to find a way through these despite all the predictions of their demise
    Unless Civil War breaks out in their Boardroom ,they will reluctantly work their way through this and at some point King will exit left, and someone else will take them forward to challenge Celtic But thats another few years down the line
    The calibre of signings may not be enough to progress in Europe next Season and will wait till Transfer Window closes as then we will have a clearer indication of how difficult things are
    Europe isKey King ,knows that and a Rookie Manager is unlikely to get them through the Qualifying rounds
    King has hinted that the Summer will see the Main overhaul of the Squad ,and i assume a new Manager
    But its a big ask to see them to well in Europe
    If they go out the Scottish Cup early ,and find themselves slipping down the League ,to fourth ,the pressure will be on them

Last edited by Ronniekirk; 09-01-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Is this really all based on a tweet from oddschecker?
    Yes and no. Yes it’s fuelled speculation but we also know from their accounts that they need a significant amount of money this month (and £7m over next 18 months) from NOAL to keep the lights on. It appears that money has not arrived yet and the takeover panel has just ordered NOAL to fund a share offer to the tune of £11m. Until it’s confirmed that NOAL or one of the other directors has come up with this money then there will be speculation.

It's all wishful thinking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Pena is away on loan to Mexico and the club he has signed for are paying his full wages
    They didn't appoint new Manager ,but have recently brought in an assistant They are still bringing players in
    While their clearly are ongoing cash flow issues ,they always seem to find a way through these despite all the predictions of their demise
    Unless Civil War breaks out in their Boardroom ,they will reluctantly work their way through this and at some point King will exit left, and someone else will take them forward to challenge Celtic But thats another few years down the line
    The calibre of signings may not be enough to progress in Europe next Season and will wait till Transfer Window closes as then we will have a clearer indication of how difficult things are
    Europe isKey King ,knows that and a Rookie Manager is unlikely to get them through the Qualifying rounds
    King has hinted that the Summer will see the Main overhaul of the Squad ,and i assume a new Manager
    If they go out the Scottish Cup early ,and find themselves slipping down the League ,to fourth ,the pressure will be on them

Cruz Azul ...... and new manager, Pedro Caixinha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Cruz Azul ...... and new manager, Pedro Caixinha.
    Yea knew it wasPedro No one else would have taken him in all likely hood

Blog Entries

I very much doubt if Pena's wages are being paid in full. Last I heard the offer from Mexico was 50%. It helps The Rangers but still leaves them paying approx, £500k a year to Pena, by coincidence, the amount they offered to pay for Jamie Murphy in June. This where Der Hun has come unstuck. They can rely on their friends in Scotland not to rock the boat but their dealings with Brighton have made them a laughing stock in England. That word has spread quickly & I suspect that's what's really driving the current admin talk. Whether that will happen I have no idea but there's no doubt they're in serious financial trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    It's all wishful thinking.
    I remember all the same chat through 2011. Let’s hope it’s wrong again.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

I hear there was a picture of Pena walking across a car park blowing his nose with a pair of The Rangers shorts (either that or he was sniffing them)

How to respect the club that you are still employed by.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The tweet from Oddschecker was 16 hours ago.

Still no denial from Sevco.

This is a club that managed to release a statement, minutes after the pitch invasion at Hampden.