hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1320 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 32082012201270131013181319132013211322133013701420 ... LastLast
Results 39,571 to 39,600 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re the claims of another club offering to throw a game.

Was there not an occassion when Hearts pulled 2 players off the team bus just as they were about to leave for Ibrox and tell them they had VladFlu (Zaliukas and Skacel maybe)
    Aye but MadVladMcMad wanted Hearts to do badly against everyone, not just the thes. Remember that one year Hearts were playing really good stuff and looked as if they might challenge for the league title, McMad promptly sacked the manager!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oor Rod gets an (dis)honourable mention again....

https://johnjamessite.com/2017/11/23/sir-bribe-lie/
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 23-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

If true then it helps explain Petrie’s desire for everyone to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Again... how on earth is this guy publishing copyrighted material on his site and asking for financial contributions for doing so?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

uh huh

Derek Ferguson wants an SOS sent out to Souness and Wattie to stop Celtic's 10iar.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

'Craig Whyte revealed that as soon as the deal was signed, Sir Bribe & Lie called Murray Foote, the editor of the Daily Record with the glad tidings'

One piece of info no-one will argue whether it's true/false - the 'Daily Rectum' is the official Hun Fanzine, masquerading as a 'Newspaper' !

Absolutely love this little piece, tho -

'One stalwart told craig it was his job to maintain the 'smoke and mirrors' illusion that Rangers was a big time football club. The reality was that, compared to other businesses Craig had taken over, it was a reasonably small business. An impression had to be created otherwise for the fans'

Looking forward to a visit over to Hun-media for their measured responses to this .............................

I think Petrie is most probably up to his neck in 5 way agreements and such like. Of course, without the truth coming out, we'll never know but the balance of probability based on the Charlotte Fakes leaks and so on indicates he was heavily involved in facilitating the New Huns way in to the leagues.

The allegation here, that he was involved in covering up the Old Huns concealing they owed taxes so they'd be allowed to play in Europe sounds a bit less plausible if anything. But again, it's all under the carpet as far as RP is concerned.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think we knew this already. Well you know what, he has some explaining to do but will presume innocence until such a time guilt is proven.

My hunch (based on very little evidence) is that Rod is indeed up to his neck in it.

I also think that in every meeting leading up to stuff like the 5-way-agreement he will have behaved exactly like the vast majority of Hibs fans will have wanted him to. He will have demanded serious punishment for Rangers, he will have demanded stripping of titles, he will have pushed every step of the way for them to be harshly dealt with.

He will have had the others railing against him, he'll have been over-ruled and he'll have had to publicly support the joint position.

I suspect that if any minutes of meetings were to be published, Petrie would be able to hold his head high.

I suspect he's boiling inside that he has to come across as some sort of Rangers/ Sevco apologist.

Just my opinion and as I said, based on little/ no evidence.

I say no evidence - I actually know some people who were deeply involved at that time. It was pretty grim, miserable and fraught for everyone. Seething huns possibly seeing their team disappear aren't people you want to be exposed or subjected to. Petrie might simply not be bothered with the idea of reopening old wounds, stirring up old problems and would prefer to "quietly move on".
    Last edited by Smartie; 23-11-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    My hunch (based on very little evidence) is that Rod is indeed up to his neck in it.

I also think that in every meeting leading up to stuff like the 5-way-agreement he will have behaved exactly like the vast majority of Hibs fans will have wanted him to. He will have demanded serious punishment for Rangers, he will have demanded stripping of titles, he will have pushed every step of the way for them to be harshly dealt with.

He will have had the others railing against him, he'll have been over-ruled and he'll have had to publicly support the joint position.

I suspect that if any minutes of meetings were to be published, Petrie would be able to hold his head high.

I suspect he's boiling inside that he has to come across as some sort of Rangers/ Sevco apologist.

I say no evidence - I actually know some people who were deeply involved at that time. It was pretty grim, miserable and fraught for everyone. Seething huns possibly seeing their team disappear aren't people you want to be exposed or subjected to. Petrie might simply not be bothered with the idea of reopening old wounds, stirring up old problems and would prefer to "quietly move on".

I used to think similar but "moving on" to the extent that our club doesn't even support the SPFL asking the SFA to be involved in an enquiry has me reconsidering.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Again... how on earth is this guy publishing copyrighted material on his site and asking for financial contributions for doing so?
    Because White leaked it to him?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I think you are most likely right. The level of bile and speed of media delivery after our Scottish Cup victory, provided a snapshot of how they all circle the wagons when the Rangers are in trouble. Its vicious, vindictive and completely irrational however, it should not be tolerated. I do think RP is better than the picture created in JJ piece and hope he does come out and defend his position rigorously.

@hibs.net private member
    Did anyone see PM question time yesterday afternoon? Basically she said that the Taxman had won a unique case in court which would bring in at least 1 Billion in unpaid Taxes.

Not sure if she is on about The Rangers case and EBT's ( or should I say Rangers case ), but if she is then their could be a few English clubs bricking it.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Stuart Milne saying that McInnes has told him he is staying at Aberdeen. McLiesh or one of the other cheap the rangers men to get the job looks a certainty.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If this is true, and Petrie is up to his neck in these lies, it should be more of the same when he takes over at the SFA?

A transparent enquiry is the only way to get rid of this stench, but turkeys don't vote for christmas.

Intervention from Scottish Govt might help.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Stuart Milne saying that McInnes has told him he is staying at Aberdeen. McLiesh or one of the other cheap the rangers men to get the job looks a certainty.
    It won't be the likes of Pardew or Big Sam anyway. They don't get out of bed for less than £4m a year these days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If this is true, and Petrie is up to his neck in these lies, it should be more of the same when he takes over at the SFA?

A transparent enquiry is the only way to get rid of this stench, but turkeys don't vote for christmas.
    Hope to hear you never got the job of "transparent enquiry" minister.

Left by mutual consent!
    When's Sir Craig's book out?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    When's Sir Craig's book out?

As soon as he's found a publisher?

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

The Rangers A G M today
    Discussion on Radio tonight

Key points

1) King saying they will break even in two to three years ,as long as they progress in Europe

2) Need 7.5 Million additional Funding over next two years

3) Made a loss of over Seven Million this past accounting period But nearly half of that was a one off payment to yon guy that was Director at Newcastle

4) They wont be able to compete with Celtic for two to three years again dependant on progressing in Europe

5). Appointing recent manager wasn't a mistake Major In Denial there

6). The Training ground may be Sold ? To Club 18whatever year it was Supporters run Organisation

Just my memory as was listening yo radio while driving

Pundits all saying Manager will be Mcinness On a three year deal
    Manager will get substantial Funds next Summer to revamp Squad but there is money in January if right player becomes available

Anyone else hear any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The Rangers A G M today
    Discussion on Radio tonight

Key points

1) King saying they will break even in two to three years ,as long as they progress in Europe

2) Need 7.5 Million additional Funding over next two years

3) Made a loss of over Seven Million this past accounting period But nearly half of that was a one off payment to yon guy that was Director at Newcastle

4) They wont be able to compete with Celtic for two to three years again dependant on progressing in Europe

5). Appointing recent manager wasn't a mistake Major In Denial there

6). The Training ground may be Sold ? To Club 18whatever year it was Supporters run Organisation

Just my memory as was listening yo radio while driving

Pundits all saying Manager will be Mcinness On a three year deal
    Manager will get substantial Funds next Summer to revamp Squad but there is money in January if right player becomes available

Anyone else hear any of this

So the Rangers will break even when they qualify for the Group Stages of the Champions' League or Europa League regularly?

All they have to do is beat Celtic plus Aberdeen and Hibs to the SPFL title, then negotiate three CL qualifying rounds.

Or make the top three in the SPFL and go through three or four rounds of qualification for the Europa League (stating in early June) and not fall over against the first team of part timers from Luxembourg they come across.

I suspect that the Rangers need to modify their business model and try to live within their mean. That implied that they must avoid paying through the nose for crap players.

Leeds United operated a business model in the early 2000s which required at least a quarter final appearance in the Champions League to balance their books. They missed qualification one year and were in financial turmoil and ended up being relegated, not once but twice and suffered an 'insolvency situation' on the way.
    Last edited by jgl07; 01-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    McInness to be appointed manager next week apparently.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    McInness to be appointed manager next week apparently.
    Honestly that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    So the Rangers will break even when they qualify for the Group Stages of the Champions' League or Europa League regularly?

All they have to do is beat Celtic plus Aberdeen and Hibs to the SPFL title, then negotiate three CL qualifying rounds.

Or make the top three in the SPFL and go through three or four rounds of qualification for the Europa League (stating in early June) and not fall over against the first team of part timers from Luxembourg they come across.

I suspect that the Rangers need to modify their business model and try to live within their mean. That implied that they must avoid paying through the nose for crap players.

Leeds United operated a business model in the early 2000s which required at least a quarter final appearance in the Champions League to balance their books. They missed qualification one year and were in financial turmoil and ended up being relegated, not once but twice and suffered an 'insolvency situation' on the way.
    Their Going Concern status is based on them "making the group stages of the Europa League in 3 of the next 5 seasons".

That was established before they went out of the EL this year. So now it's 3 out of the next 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Their Going Concern status is based on them "making the group stages of the Europa League in 3 of the next 5 seasons".

That was established before they went out of the EL this year. So now it's 3 out of the next 4.

Oh dear.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines...sult-notice-3/

Res 11 is one of the reasons we need HSL to get to 26% although even that is no guarantee as they appear to have persuaded Club 1872 to vote to make their own shares worthless.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines...sult-notice-3/

Res 11 is one of the reasons we need HSL to get to 26% although even that is no guarantee as they appear to have persuaded Club 1872 to vote to make their own shares worthless.

What does Resolution 11 mean in non-CWG language?

And what effect (if any) will Lord Bannatyne's judgement have if he finds for the take over panel?
    Last edited by HoboHarry; 01-12-2017 at 03:39 PM.