hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1319 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 31981912191269130913171318131913201321132913691419 ... LastLast
Results 39,541 to 39,570 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still no hint of a manager. Just how skint are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "... as poor as a church mouse, that's just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Still no hint of a manager. Just how skint are they?

They possibly won't know that themselves until the implications of whatever the court rules re the Takeover Panel become clear.

Still no hint of a manager. Anyone else get the feeling they are running on fumes just now?
    They need a loan from King this month just to keep the lights on. Will he be able to provide it if C of Sessions rule in favour of the takeover panel.
    I don’t know why but I feel we are close to something big happening.

Still no hint of a manager. Anyone else get the feeling they are running on fumes just now?
    They need a loan from King this month just to keep the lights on. Will he be able to provide it if C of Sessions rule in favour of the takeover panel.

They really do look like Woolworths did in the run up to going bust. Clueless staff and nothing worth selling.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

With Hearts now back at Tiny park, new developments in this story would be timely.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Any idea when the CoS ruling is due?
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    With Hearts now back at Tiny park, new developments in this story would be timely.

https://johnjamessite.com/2017/11/21...ytes-new-book/

Maybe a Craig White Christmas Annual would be a good stocking filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    No idea. Seems like a clear cut case to me but predicting these things appears to be a mugs game.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Surely the Church of Scotland would give The Rangers a clean bill of health?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

This story just gets stranger and stranger.

Me too.Obviously the season ticket money is all used and commercial income and pay at the gate doesn’t look at current outgoings.McLeish for manager?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This story just gets stranger and stranger.
    If (and it's a big if) there is any truth in a Scottish club throwing a match, then I hope it's Hearts. I would give up all of Christmas pressies for that to be so.....

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

He's pure as the driven slush.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Craig Harvey Oswald - Patsy. A big boy did it and ran away.....

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    [QUOTE=greenginger;5226010]https://johnjamessite.com/2017/11/21...ytes-new-book/

Maybe a Craig White Christmas Annual would be a good stocking filler. [/QUOTE

Sign me up.

Not sure how much to believe but will read on with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    If (and it's a big if) there is any truth in a Scottish club throwing a match, then I hope it's Hearts. I would give up all of Christmas pressies for that to be so.....
    Are you suggesting that Craig Whyte has a spare £2.5m to donate?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...plots-rangers/

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the claims Whyte's making -to sell his book/get a bigger advance etc, etc ?? - who knows but I wouldn't fancy being a member of his security-team right now !.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    The former Rangers owner, 46, is to allege a top flight Scots club offered to throw a match for cash.

The book promises to lift the lid on “one player whose performances dipped after he picked up a sexually transmitted disease after playing away from home in more ways than one”.

And another “star” on almost £20,000 a week allegedly saw sheriff officers turn up at Ibrox to seize his cars.

As details of True Blue Treachery were revealed, a source said: “He’s outraged.”

Ex-Gers supremo Sir David Murray is accused of being “desperately keen” to progress a deal to sell Whyte the club.

Craig Whyte paid just £1 to buy the Ibrox club

His memoirs will also claim he was offered a peerage by a political party in exchange for £250,000.

And he’ll make accusations against money men at Gers administrators Duff & Phelps.

A source said: “There are a few sensational stories planned. It’s not been written yet but the plan was sent to three publishers three or four weeks ago and the plan was to publish in spring.”

A 35-page book pitch was sent to publishers Trinity, Biteback and Yellow Jersey but sections of the document have emerged online while The Scottish Sun received a copy.

The source added: “It’s outrageous that it’s been leaked — it’s a real breach of trust.

“Nothing is signed or sealed yet and it’s not imminent.”

The pitch promises 75,000 words within three months of a deal being struck, with an outline for 19 chapters.

Whyte, cleared of fraud over his £1 takeover of the Glasgow giants in 2011, writes: “The irony is while there are many who have the blood of Rangers on their hands following the club’s liquidation in 2012, I am not one of them.

“Yet I’m the bad guy, apparently.”

I certainly wont be giving him any more money Wouldn't trust anything he says
    If a club offered to throw a game why wasn't this Reported at the time
    Will be full of sensationalism to try and get publicity but suspect there will will be very little actual evidence to back up his claims

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Some of the claims Whyte's making -to sell his book/get a bigger advance etc, etc ?? - who knows but I wouldn't fancy being a member of his security-team right now !.
    The guy is in Glasgow quite a bit and nothing ever happens to him. I doubt he is worried.

To be fair to John James, although he is a bit of a weirdo, he does have a genuine scoop here.
    https://johnjamessite.com/

Left by mutual consent!
    In normal circumstances the written judgement and interlocutor would already have been produced due to the non complexity of the heard case. Non complex cases will normally be moved along in a matter of a few weeks in absence of public interest in the outcome. However i think they're acutely aware of the public interest here and the setting of precedence which is very probably why it is being given extra deliberation.

In saying that the interlocutor should order King to comply with the Takeover Panel's verdict. Cannot see how they could reach any other outcome or it will have serious implications for the Takeover Panels authority to enforce its rules.

It should in all likelihood be issued in the next couple of weeks.

GGTTH

To be fair to John James, although he is a bit of a weirdo, he does have a genuine scoop here.
    https://johnjamessite.com/

More than weird.

What is this book and who has written it? If not JJ, how can he be appealing for funds in return for copyrighted material?

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    The former Rangers owner, 46, is to allege a top flight Scots club offered to throw a match for cash.

The book promises to lift the lid on “one player whose performances dipped after he picked up a sexually transmitted disease after playing away from home in more ways than one”.

And another “star” on almost £20,000 a week allegedly saw sheriff officers turn up at Ibrox to seize his cars.

As details of True Blue Treachery were revealed, a source said: “He’s outraged.”

Ex-Gers supremo Sir David Murray is accused of being “desperately keen” to progress a deal to sell Whyte the club.

Craig Whyte paid just £1 to buy the Ibrox club

His memoirs will also claim he was offered a peerage by a political party in exchange for £250,000.

And he’ll make accusations against money men at Gers administrators Duff & Phelps.

A source said: “There are a few sensational stories planned. It’s not been written yet but the plan was sent to three publishers three or four weeks ago and the plan was to publish in spring.”

A 35-page book pitch was sent to publishers Trinity, Biteback and Yellow Jersey but sections of the document have emerged online while The Scottish Sun received a copy.

The source added: “It’s outrageous that it’s been leaked — it’s a real breach of trust.

“Nothing is signed or sealed yet and it’s not imminent.”

The pitch promises 75,000 words within three months of a deal being struck, with an outline for 19 chapters.

Whyte, cleared of fraud over his £1 takeover of the Glasgow giants in 2011, writes: “The irony is while there are many who have the blood of Rangers on their hands following the club’s liquidation in 2012, I am not one of them.

“Yet I’m the bad guy, apparently.”

Glasgow giants ...

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    In normal circumstances the written judgement and interlocutor would already have been produced due to the non complexity of the heard case. Non complex cases will normally be moved along in a matter of a few weeks in absence of public interest in the outcome. However i think they're acutely aware of the public interest here and the setting of precedence which is very probably why it is being given extra deliberation.

In saying that the interlocutor should order King to comply with the Takeover Panel's verdict. Cannot see how they could reach any other outcome or it will have serious implications for the Takeover Panels authority to enforce its rules.

It should in all likelihood be issued in the next couple of weeks.

GGTTH
    I agree about the public interest and setting a precedent causing delay as there has probably been some consultation going on among law lords. However, there's one thing that might make the judgment a little straightforward than it seems at first sight. When a court looks at a body like the TOP, it expects them not just to blindly enforce rules, but to act to further the objectives of these rules.

Concert party rules are intended to protect other shareholders. King's case is that far from needing protection, the small shareholders have seen a 30% rise in the value of their assets since his takeover so it would be unreasonable to expect him to make an offer at well below the current price. If Rangers shares were being traded in a normal market that would be a powerful point. The objection to it is that transactions at the higher price have largely been small-scale purchases by Club 1872, which unitl recently was effectively controlled by James Blair, the Rangers company secretary. The price hasn't been set by a market, but has been artificially determined by the company board, who also intend to get a motion passed at the agm to allow them to dilute other shareholders percentages.

I think that the court should find against King, but the judge will have to be careful in how he justifies the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I certainly wont be giving him any more money Wouldn't trust anything he says
    If a club offered to throw a game why wasn't this Reported at the time
    Will be full of sensationalism to try and get publicity but suspect there will will be very little actual evidence to back up his claims

Pretty general and sweeping accusation there Ronnie. Why would he state stuff that would get him sued if untrue? I don't know what he has either but I'm not dismissing it out of hand - there were discussions way back that CW had been recording conversations.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Pretty general and sweeping accusation there Ronnie. Why would he state stuff that would get him sued if untrue? I don't know what he has either but I'm not dismissing it out of hand - there were discussions way back that CW had been recording conversations.....
    It was Just very wary of folk trying to sell books Often the headline publicity doesn't live up to what the impression given was
    Stick to my view i wont be giving him any money by buying it But as always will read this thread to see if there is anything worth reading about his tenure

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    I agree about the public interest and setting a precedent causing delay as there has probably been some consultation going on among law lords. However, there's one thing that might make the judgment a little straightforward than it seems at first sight. When a court looks at a body like the TOP, it expects them not just to blindly enforce rules, but to act to further the objectives of these rules.

Concert party rules are intended to protect other shareholders. King's case is that far from needing protection, the small shareholders have seen a 30% rise in the value of their assets since his takeover so it would be unreasonable to expect him to make an offer at well below the current price. If Rangers shares were being traded in a normal market that would be a powerful point. The objection to it is that transactions at the higher price have largely been small-scale purchases by Club 1872, which unitl recently was effectively controlled by James Blair, the Rangers company secretary. The price hasn't been set by a market, but has been artificially determined by the company board, who also intend to get a motion passed at the agm to allow them to dilute other shareholders percentages.

I think that the court should find against King, but the judge will have to be careful in how he justifies the decision.
    There's some merit to your eloquently put points and I'm certain Lord Bannatyne will word his written judgement meaningfully and very carefully with addressing the key aspects of the case that was put in front of him and give due attention to both the Pursuer's (Takeover Panel) and Defender's (King) arguments. However I'm also certain that ultimately he will have quickly focused in on the main question attached to this case of whether or not to enforce the Takeover Panel's decision of the share offer verdict. It certainly appears the Takeover Panel studiously scrutinised all of the evidence at their disposal to reach their verdict and their procedural appeal system exhausted with King failing to comply with their verdict.

I do not think Lord Bannatyne will seek to interfere in the Takeover Panels processes of how they reached such a verdict allied with King's defences mainly relying on having no access to the type of funds required then it really only leaves Lord Bannatyne with one option and that is to force King to comply with the Takeover Panels decision being the share offer.

Of course this is only my opinion and Lord Bannatyne may indeed seek to compromise in some way or find for King however taking everything into consideration it all points to him siding with the authority that is the Takeover Panel whom it appears have acted properly at all times in stark contrast to King who is a known chancer so to speak.

GGTTH

Re the claims of another club offering to throw a game.

Was there not an occassion when Hearts pulled 2 players off the team bus just as they were about to leave for Ibrox and tell them they had VladFlu (Zaliukas and Skacel maybe)