hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1318 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 31881812181268130813161317131813191320132813681418 ... LastLast
Results 39,511 to 39,540 of 44390
    http://celticunderground.net/how-rfc...l-and-everton/
    A bit more info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd forgotten all about Michael Ball. I wondered why a singer was suing The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://celticunderground.net/how-rfc...l-and-everton/
    A bit more info here.

Thanks for that.

If there's fraud, which it seems to be on the face of it, it's the Oldco that committed it. Further, there may be a case against individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I'd forgotten all about Michael Ball. I wondered why a singer was suing The Rangers.
    Because "Love, love changes everything".....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Thanks for that.

If there's fraud, which it seems to be on the face of it, it's the Oldco that committed it. Further, there may be a case against individuals.
    Absolutely it’s the old co. It’s a shame nobody has suggested a full enquiry into everything that went on.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Yet another statement from the Rangers; this time just to let the world know they haven't started interviews for the manager's job yet, but will get around to it at some point.

Friday, 10 November 2017, 17:30
    by Rangers Football Club

THE Club confirms that since the departure of Pedro Caixinha it has received numerous applications for the now vacant position and is anticipating further applications by the end of next week.

The Club will then consider all viable options available to it. At this time the Club has not interviewed any candidate and will take its time to ensure that the best possible decision is made.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yet another statement from the Rangers; this time just to let the world know they haven't started interviews for the manager's job yet, but will get around to it at some point.

by Rangers Football Club

THE Club confirms that since the departure of Pedro Caixinha it has received numerous applications for the now vacant position and is anticipating further applications by the end of next week.

The Club will then consider all viable options available to it. At this time the Club has not interviewed any candidate and will take its time to ensure that the best possible decision is made.
    If I was a gambler I would be putting money on Murty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    Now that NI are looking likely to go out of the WC playoffs, do we reckon Ze Huns will go after Michael O’Neil?
    My guess

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If I was a gambler I would be putting money on Murty.

That's what I think as well. he has done OK for them since he took charge, which gives them the get out of jail card to the end of the season. Save them admitting they can't actually afford anyone else, just like our neighbours. Quite often the caretaker does OK, is appointed and then it all falls apart - here's hoping

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    There is certain to be consequences if the expectation of enforcement to comply materialises. I think CropleyWasGod's suggestion the gasl would depart the scene may be a likely outcome due to the cold shoulder aspect among other things such as being reluctant to producing the amounts of money involved or he may not have the money to hand.

Not being an expert on company law I'm not sure what would then take place if the gasl fails to comply and departs the scene. It may be a new broom so to speak is sought to clean up the mess the gasl has left behind or even an administration event to cleanse the stink before the city or financial institutions would be able to become involved again. I don't know but its going to be very interesting indeed to see what does occur post enforcement to comply if issued which it should be in my opinion.

GGTTH
    I don't know if a 'New broom' would make any difference to the city/financial-institutions. Since going into administration, the Hun have had several new owners, pretty much all of the 'Dodgy' category - how many of them have resulted in legal-action - several ??. Basically, they've shown the type of 'Businessman' that they attract to Ibrokes and I think (hope) this will go against them for a long, long time !

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Would certainly think so.

Its also creating case law as the Takeover Panel have never before as far as I'm aware sought a court of law to enforce its articles. The gasl and his accomplices attempted to virtually openly be dismissive of normal business practice rules. After being caught out doing so the gasl has now pleaded poverty and/or having no control over finances and is perversely in my opinion seeking the COS to overlook the breach of takeover panel rules as a result of his pleading poverty/no control over financial affairs.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens here. If the court does what it should do and orders the gasl to offer all shareholders 20p for each of their shares the fall out could be huge or not but I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens here should the COS reach the correct judgment.

GGTTH
    That's the big 'IF' - after the LNS farce, I've little faith in the Scottish Courts serving-up justice when it comes to those **** !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I don't know if a 'New broom' would make any difference to the city/financial-institutions. Since going into administration, the Hun have had several new owners, pretty much all of the 'Dodgy' category - how many of them have resulted in legal-action - several ??. Basically, they've shown the type of 'Businessman' that they attract to Ibrokes and I think (hope) this will go against them for a long, long time !

That's the big 'IF' - after the LNS farce, I've little faith in the Scottish Courts serving-up justice when it comes to those **** !
    Can't disagree with any of this. They do seem to attract the worst type who verge on or are very close to being con-men using whatever means possible.

Its an an open and shut case in reality and I'm amazed at the length of time is being taken to reach the very simple correct decision of ordering the gasl to comply with the Takeover Panels verdict. There's not much for Lord Bannatyne to consider. The gasl breached the Takeover Panels rules and it should have been an easy and relatively quick decision for Lord Bannatyne to concur with the Takeover Panel. I can't how see how Lord Bannatyne could come to any other judgement than make an order for the gasl to comply. If not it will certainly raise questions over impartiality and open the door for other gasl's to dismiss the Takeover Panel as it would send out the signal that the it cannot enforce its own rules. In my opinion.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

by Rangers Football Club

I applied.

I told them that we are the people, and that I know more about Scottish football than Pedro. I also have a watertight off shore arrangement, so there's a saving to be made there.

Was wondering why I hadn't got an interview yet, so today's update is reassuring.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I applied.

I told them that we are the people, and that I know more about Scottish football than Pedro. I also have a watertight off shore arrangement, so there's a saving to be made there.

Was wondering why I hadn't got an interview yet, so today's update is reassuring.
    I know for a fact that a Mr Mason Boing applied but as they seem to have completely ignored his return to our traditional values agenda I'm guessing they're going to continue with the modernisation and go for another Kafflik so they have someone to blame for the next mess in 3 months time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Frank Abagnale has applied has the perfect CV for them.

by Rangers Football Club

Maybe no one actually wants the job?

Left by mutual consent!

by Rangers Football Club

They must reckon their usual tactic of dropping the name of the guy they want to their media-chums has worked and softened-up Aberdeen enough to the extent they'll let McInnes go for free - not too far-fetched an idea as Milne has history for bending to them !

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

by Rangers Football Club

The Club won't foot the bill.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    The Club won't foot the bill.

Can't
    foot the bill for McInnes is my guess.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin

by Rangers Football Club

maybe it will be like hearts and realise the answer is right under their noses and bring back coisty

Left by mutual consent!
    KILMARNOCK STAR SAYS HE'D NEVER SIGN FOR RANGERS 'IN A MILLION YEARS' !

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ears-1-4611840

A nothing story really but I just had to post that headline - IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL !

Left by mutual consent!
    There was an unopposed motion granted on Monday in the case The Rangers Football Club Ltd v Charles Green and co. I'm assuming this is the case of negligence raised over the negotiating of deals with Mike Ashley among other things.

Can't be too long now until Lord Bannatyne issues his interlocutor. Its been over four weeks now since the Takeover Panel case was heard. This isn't a particularly complex case that would warrant months of delay in considering complex legal arguments. Should be issued in the next couple of weeks I'd imagine. It should go against the gasl and I'm looking forward to it.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Interesting case starting today.

David Whitehouse suing Police Scotland , Lord Advocate's office , etc for £ 9 million.

https://johnjamessite.com/2017/11/14...land-takedown/

Slight change though, someone has just notice the appointed judge, Sarah Wolffe is the wife of the Lord Advocate James Wolffe.

New judge required.
    Talk about a Key Stone Cops of police and justice system.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

David Whitehouse suing Police Scotland , Lord Advocate's office , etc for £ 9 million.

Slight change though, someone has just notice the appointed judge, Sarah Wolffe is the wife of the Lord Advocate James Wolffe.

New judge required.
    If JJ is is accurate in his summation of what occurred then I'd imagine there will be payment agreed upon before any real detail emerges of the background to Caveman Cop wearing an oversize pair of brogues thrashing around and effectively destroying the case among other things .

GGTTH

New judge required.
    The £9m might be a good start in paying BDO, if their case against D&P is successful

The £9m might be a good start in paying BDO, if their case against D&P is successful
    I'm lost, whose got a case against Duff & Phelps ?

https://www.change.org/p/ceo-hiberni...re?share=false

Someone on the Bounce has set up a petition.

Thread here
    http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthre...st-be-divulged

I'm lost, whose got a case against Duff & Phelps ?
    BDO are taking D&P to Court over their handling of the administration. Suing them for £28m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-38896812

The details haven't been published, but I'd presume it's to get D&P to explain why they sold the assets and business of RFC for only £5.5m.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

BDO are taking D&P to Court over their handling of the administration. Suing them for £28m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-38896812

The details haven't been published, but I'd presume it's to get D&P to explain why they sold the assets and business of RFC for only £5.5m.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Right , thanks.

Suppose they can give an example of BDO selling HOMFC and all their assets for £ 2.5 million.

http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/

On the 14th of February 2012 our proud football club found themselves in a dire situation, we had entered the dreaded administration feared by all connected to Rangers...

In the following days it became clear that our 140 year history was at serious risk via the potential of liquidation....

Without immediate help the club were at a far higher risk of going into liquidation. Our one and only goal was the ongoing survival of our beloved club ensuring the 140 year timeline is maintained.
    A flashback to simpler times before "companies that owned clubs" and when liquidations couldn't be survived. The good old days.

Still no hint of a manager. Just how skint are they?