hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1298 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 29879811981248128812961297129812991300130813481398 ... LastLast
Results 38,911 to 38,940 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Stitched up by the other rep???? Funny that, as they are in constant dialogue......
    He promised he'd be more social media savvy when he wanted appointing again, he's disappeared of the face of the social media world as i expected he would.

At least Tracey has been seen here and other social media sites. She at least had the balls to do as she said she would, and kept her word.

He's been nowhere near and left her to face the flack.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    I received a call from a representative of Hibs on the evening of Tuesday 1st August asking why I had not renewed my season ticket at point. It was an amiable discussion and a few issues were covered. One of these was concerning the situation at Ibrox and I was told that a statement was due shortly from the club. Now 5 weeks later and still nothing.

I can only presume that something has happened amongst the board members which is preventing the statement being made. Unable to agree on what actions, if any, are to be sought?

It appears there was definitely the intention to issue a statement given the club representative was allowed to say as much during the call.

If anyone thinks that the sport in Scotland can "move on" without the authorities dealing with Rangers' extensive and unprecedented cheating then they are off their rocker. Nobody will have any confidence in the authorities preventing it from happening again or dealing with it fairly, as per the rules, if it does happen again. Because they didn't prevent Rangers from doing it and have chosen not to deal with it fairly as per the rules. The whole thing's a corrupt farce and the people who should be dealing with it are a huge part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    "If Hibs.net want to effect real change the first thing they should do is to petition Leeann Dempster to sack Petrie. He is one of the principal architects of the cover-up."

Crikey!

Leeann sacking Rodders!
    Great idea - should have happened years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    Great idea - should have happened years ago.
    When the agenda for some Hibs fans is being set by paranoid Celtic bloggers the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He promised he'd be more social media savvy when he wanted appointing again, he's disappeared of the face of the social media world as i expected he would.

At least Tracey has been seen here and other social media sites. She at least had the balls to do as she said she would, and kept her word.

He's been nowhere near and left her to face the flack.
    They work in tandem re social media.

He hasn't hung Tracey out to dry. Trust you will say this to him next time you see him?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    When the agenda for some Hibs fans is being set by paranoid Celtic bloggers the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.
    I think we knew fans reps would be powerless and co-opted onto the board to keep fans appeased. Rangers like Hearts cheated and the trophies they won declared void. Motherwell, Dundee won nothing so nothing to be done there.

Paranoid? Did Rangers not cheat? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Paranoid? Did Rangers not cheat? What am I missing?

Where did I say Rangers didn't cheat? I criticised the blogger. Unless you think throwing our club in to turmoil as he suggests just as we are on the ascendency again is a good idea of course.
    Last edited by marinello59; 06-09-2017 at 02:48 PM.

No idea what you mean about Celtic bloggers setting agendas. Nothing to do with my long-held view on Petrie.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where did I say Rangers didn't cheat? I criticised the blogger. Unless you think throwing out club in to turmoil as he suggests just as we are going the ascendency again is a good idea of course.
    Short termist thinking.

Our club may be on the up but we will have lots of ups and downs in the coming years. One thing that will remain consistent is that Rangers cheated and our authorities were unwilling to see a fair playing field and indeed conspired to ensure Rangers avoided any significant sanction whatsoever.

If a governing body can't govern the game then what is the point of it? Root and branch change is required and the likes of Petrie should be held to account.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Short termist thinking.

Our club may be on the up but we will have lots of ups and downs in the coming years. One thing that will remain consistent is that Rangers cheated and our authorities were unwilling to see a fair playing field and indeed conspired to ensure Rangers avoided any significant sanction whatsoever.

If a governing body can't govern the game then what is the point of it? Root and branch change is required and the likes of Petrie should be held to account.
    Short termism? John James suggests that the solution is for Hibs fans to demand Petrie's head this morning and it's all ready seen as a great of idea.
    So we have the fans reps in the firing line, a Celtic blogger with an agenda demanding we shout for Petrie's head via Dempster who no doubt will be next in line if she fails to comply. Meanwhile if Hibs do not issue a statement pre-judging any enquiry and demand that titles be stripped they are complicit in Rangers cheating. As are any fans who are just not that interested in all this and just enjoy going to the
    fitba.
    It might not be quite at the mob mentality stage yet but it's getting there.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    They work in tandem re social media.

He hasn't hung Tracey out to dry. Trust you will say this to him next time you see him?

10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    At least we would know where we stand and be able to decide whether we are happy to continue to support a club where cheating is effectively condoned.

I think the answer to this is always yes of course we will still support Hibs? Why would this change anything regarding how we feel about our club?!

Short termism? John James suggests that the solution is for Hibs fans to demand Petrie's head this morning and it's all ready seen as a great of idea.
    So we have the fans reps in the firing line, a Celtic blogger with an agenda demanding we shout for Petrie's head via Dempster who no doubt will be next in line if she fails to comply. Meanwhile if Hibs do not issue a statement pre-judging any enquiry and demand that titles be stripped they are complicit in Rangers cheating. As are any fans who are just not that interested in all this and just enjoy going to the
    fitba.
    I never trust anyone with interchangable first and surnames, it's just not right

Blog Entries
    fitba.
    Haven't read John James.

My view on Petrie has been the same since he was the weasly go between for Stewart Regan to cut a deal with Charles Green via the 5 way agreement whilst at the same time happy to cultivate the myth that his agenda was to see sporting integrity protected.

If you are happy to ignore it all and move on that's up to you and I respect your right to say so. I on the other hand feel passionately that Rangers and the spineless governing authorities are held to account and don't need a Celtic blogger or indeed any .netter telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Haven't read John James.

My view on Petrie has been the same since he was the weasly go between for Stewart Regan to cut a deal with Charles Green via the 5 way agreement whilst at the same time happy to cultivate the myth that his agenda was to see sporting integrity protected.

If you are happy to ignore it all and move on that's up to you and I respect your right to say so. I on the other hand feel passionately that Rangers and the spineless governing authorities are held to account and don't need a Celtic blogger or indeed any .netter telling me what I should or shouldn't do.
    I haven't said that either.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The vast majority of my mates are Hibs fans. One or two Celtic fans and a couple of Sheep.

When we get together, I can say with 100% certainty that the subject of Rangers and stripping titles / how outraged anyone is has never come up.

I am not saying we are entirely representative, but we are more interested in how Hibs are doing on the field and I dont hear any chat about anything to do with oldco Huns, never mind complaints about a lack of any club statement from Hibs on this matter.

Messageboards and Twitter allow small factions a loud voice (which is fine, free speech and all that) - but simply because those with no great opinion either way cannae be arsed writing lengthy / ranty pieces doesnt mean those with a loud voice are right or must get their own way.

People like JJ have a cheek suggesting that Hibs.net should do anything - I bet he sees nothing wrong with the disgraceful sections of the Celtic support but wants us to do something about his pet subject - well he can **** right off.

fitba.
    I don't think anyone has taken JJ seriously for what feels like decades. Has he stopped claiming to be a Hun yet?

No but that won"t stop posters on here saying you have

Blog Entries
    Ok marinello, I haven't read your every utterance on the issue but is it fair to say at least that you are an apologist for the club taking the stance of ignoring it and moving on?

Just out of (genuine)interest, what is your view on how things should proceed now that the Supreme court has declared the Rangers use of EBT's illegal and the governing authorities refusal to revisit the discredited LNS report? Do you back a judicial review?

fitba.
    We are not asking Hibs to pre judge anything. There is no enquiry to pre judge. We are asking Hibs to let us know the clubs stance on whether there should be an enquiry.
    Not sure where you get the impression that anyone takes John James seriously? He's a fantasist.
    This was major league cheating in Scottish Football that the authorities are trying to cover up, I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to question that.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Think that agenda was set long before any Celtc bloggers suggested it.

Left by mutual consent!
    https://johnjamessite.com/
    Hibs.net content.

'The bombast of the Rangers supporters must be arrested. The cult of ‘We Are The People’ supremacy must be cut short'

'Supremacy built on a web of cheating cannot be allowed to stand'

Have to admit, that is perfectly worded !

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We are not asking Hibs to pre judge anything. There is no enquiry to pre judge. We are asking Hibs to let us know the clubs stance on whether there should be an enquiry.
    Not sure where you get the impression that anyone takes John James seriously? He's a fantasist.
    This was major league cheating in Scottish Football that the authorities are trying to cover up, I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to question that.

Remind me what was Petrie's role in all of this. Is he up to his neck in it?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    The vast majority of my mates are Hibs fans. One or two Celtic fans and a couple of Sheep.

When we get together, I can say with 100% certainty that the subject of Rangers and stripping titles / how outraged anyone is has never come up.

I am not saying we are entirely representative, but we are more interested in how Hibs are doing on the field and I dont hear any chat about anything to do with oldco Huns, never mind complaints about a lack of any club statement from Hibs on this matter.

Messageboards and Twitter allow small factions a loud voice (which is fine, free speech and all that) - but simply because those with no great opinion either way cannae be arsed writing lengthy / ranty pieces doesnt mean those with a loud voice are right or must get their own way.

People like JJ have a cheek suggesting that Hibs.net should do anything - I bet he sees nothing wrong with the disgraceful sections of the Celtic support but wants us to do something about his pet subject - well he can **** right off.
    It's NEVER came up? Seriously? Did nobody even ask what happened to that Rangers club we used to play against in 2013? Not one of you seen the Panarama program? Heard of dual contracts?
    What do you talk about? Strictly team tactics, line ups etc?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    It's NEVER came up? Seriously? Did nobody even ask what happened to that Rangers club we used to play against in 2013? Not one of you seen the Panarama program? Heard of dual contracts?
    What do you talk about? Strictly team tactics, line ups etc?

No its not a subject we currently talk about, I dont think thats a tricky concept to grasp?

As to your questions, clearly we all know what happened to the club we used to play against - they went bust and the new club were reinstated to the bottom tier, other clubs were complicit in this decision. I am certain that all of us saw the programme and discussed it at the time, but we moved on, and yep we have heard of dual contracts.

As to what we talk about, whats that got to do with the price of cheese - one thing we dont do is whip ourselves into a frenzy about the huns.

My main point is that you seem to think its an affront to everything decent if others either disagree or just dont really think ranting about it is worth their time.

I asked a month or so back on this same thread what people wanted to happen (some wanted asterisks placed against records, others wanted some different unspecified sanction against unspecified people).

Given that none of you can even agree what "sanctions" you want to impose on a club that doesnt currently exist, I cant fathom what you realistically expect Hibs to say that wouldnt have some people frothing at the mouth!!!

Finally, Its good you think its ok to take the piss out of me for having a different opinion - kinda makes my point for me .

You take him seriously enough to post links to his ramblings all the time.

You take him seriously enough to post links to his ramblings all the time.
    I rarely post links to JJ. Only reason I came across that one was that his tweet mentioned Petrie which piqued my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    No its not a subject we currently talk about, I dont think thats a tricky concept to grasp?

As to your questions, clearly we all know what happened to the club we used to play against - they went bust and the new club were reinstated to the bottom tier, other clubs were complicit in this decision. I am certain that all of us saw the programme and discussed it at the time, but we moved on, and yep we have heard of dual contracts.

As to what we talk about, whats that got to do with the price of cheese - one thing we dont do is whip ourselves into a frenzy about the huns.

My main point is that you seem to think its an affront to everything decent if others either disagree or just dont really think ranting about it is worth their time.

I asked a month or so back on this same thread what people wanted to happen (some wanted asterisks placed against records, others wanted some different unspecified sanction against unspecified people).

Given that none of you can even agree what "sanctions" you want to impose on a club that doesnt currently exist, I cant fathom what you realistically expect Hibs to say that wouldnt have some people frothing at the mouth!!!

Finally, Its good you think its ok to take the piss out of me for having a different opinion - kinda makes my point for me .
    It's ok to have different opinions.
    I only want a proper enquiry which is transparent to all. Whatever sanctions come from that I will accept. I think a judicial review is now the best hope for this but even that may not happen.
    Trying to just pretend they did not cheat is an unsustainable position and Hibs complicity in this is a disgrace IMO.