hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1289 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 28978911891239127912871288128912901291129913391389 ... LastLast
Results 38,641 to 38,670 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe unequivocally that Sevco are holding something over everyone - perhaps something that could land some to criminal charges? How else could outsiders like Regan, Doncaster and now Budge be silenced so quickly?
    I think the position at the yams is one that could be easily explained by the can of worms that would be opened up by their own dirty laundry being aired. How were a club like the yams ever able to get into a position of owing 30 odd million squid over many years without being wound up before the criminal Romanov took over is beyond me. They should have been put into administration or liquidated long before the crook took over.

Regan and Doncaster were probably bullied into succumbing to the orders of the huns that occupy high places. The huns and to a lesser extent the yams are not known as establishment clubs for nothing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    I think the position at the yams is one that could be easily explained by the can of worms that would be opened up by their own dirty laundry being aired. How were a club like the yams ever able to get into a position of owing 30 odd million squid over many years without being wound up before the criminal Romanov took over is beyond me. They should have been put into administration or liquidated long before the crook took over.

Regan and Doncaster were probably bullied into succumbing to the orders of the huns that occupy high places. The huns and to a lesser extent the yams are not known as establishment clubs for nothing.
    Perhaps but that could easily be brushed away by blaming Mad Vlad for everything - not the case with Sevco - the main players are all still around.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Perhaps but that could easily be brushed away by blaming Mad Vlad for everything - not the case with Sevco - the main players are all still around.....
    Fair points indeed.

Some might say Vlad was ushered in to create the scenario he did with the events having been foreseen beforehand. Just like the continuity fog that was created around oldco/newco. Best laid plans and all that.

Its a jungle out there with some of the best brains in the country used for highly dubious and mendacious purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's funny that this is the only area where the club appear to be failing just now and it happens to be Petrie's responsibility. Probably just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and the silence is not going to make this go away.....

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Yes and the silence is not going to make this go away.....
    Yet another day passes......

Testimonial Due
    I think the manager has taken care of replying himself so the club probably sees no need to step in. Media storm in a tea cup.....part 2 maybe Saturday when the Yams go calling.........

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    I think the manager has taken care of replying himself so the club probably sees no need to step in. Media storm in a tea cup.....part 2 maybe Saturday when the Yams go calling.........
    They're referring to Hibs statement in regards to historical cheating and title stripping

Testimonial Due
    ok my mistake .......thanks ! I have every faith they will get around to it........

It's funny that this is the only area where the club appear to be failing just now and it happens to be Petrie's responsibility. Probably just a coincidence.

And what if you don't like the statement they put out.
    I'd rather they concentrated on getting it right on the pitch for us rather than getting distracted by fans demands to give Sevco another good kicking.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    ok my mistake .......thanks ! I have every faith they will get around to it........

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'd rather they concentrated on getting it right on the pitch for us rather than getting distracted by fans demands to give Sevco another good kicking.
    We gave them a good kicking last week and in the Scottish Cup Final. There's still plenty karma to come for them! Statement or no statement.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we will like it! However, we live in an environment where people can retrospectively claim back finances from banks due to mis-selling of PPI etc therefore, all those fans who put money into season tickets to support their respective cubs, should or could, claim back the money again through mis-selling of this particular rigged system.

No matter what, this isn't going away! Thousands of fans invested thousand of pounds - in good faith - over the term of the Rangers cheating! They have every right to demand justice or receive compensation for nefarious circumstance/means.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 18-08-2017 at 12:47 PM.

It has absolutely zero to do with Sevco.
    It's about us standing up for good governance in Scottish football. It won't matter how much we concentrate on putting a good team on the park if we still end up also rans due to other teams running unsustainable business models taking pipping us to lucrative European places and cup wins.
    Bad enough it happened once but shame on us if we let it happen again. And that is exactly what Sevco are doing right now.
    In my opinion Hibs silence on this is very poor.
    We haven't heard back from Traceyhibs for a few days now so no idea what's happening?

It has absolutely zero to do with Sevco.
    It's about us standing up for good governance in Scottish football. It won't matter how much we concentrate on putting a good team on the park if we still end up also rans due to other teams running unsustainable business models taking pipping us to lucrative European places and cup wins.
    Bad enough it happened once but shame on us if we let it happen again. And that is exactly what Sevco are doing right now.
    In my opinion Hibs silence on this is very poor.
    We haven't heard back from Traceyhibs for a few days now so no idea what's happening?

If it has nothing to do with Sevco then a simple statement saying the club will be helping to ensure that the rules are rigid enough to prevent this happening again should be sufficient then.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

If it has nothing to do with Sevco then a simple statement saying the club will be helping to ensure that the rules are rigid enough to prevent this happening again should be sufficient then.
    The rules as they stand are not rigid enough to prevent it happening again and therefor we need to know exactly what happened previously to make the necessary changes.
    No rules regarding player registrations were changed since LNS, so Sevco (or any other team) now know that a fine is all that awaits them if they decide to run a dual contract scheme again. We need to get to the bottom of why the SFA feels the need to only enforce its own rules against other clubs but not Rangers. We can't do any of that until we know exactly what went on.
    Sevco this season are spending far more than they are making. If they pip us to European footy and maybe a cup and then go into admin next season, what are we to do? Just concentrate on getting our own team again for the next season? It's like being the clean rider at the back of the peloton. You get to feel a little bit smug but nobody else in the world gives a **** or even knows who you are. Is that all we want for Hibs?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    No because nothing has changed or will change to make such a statement believable. The SFA are still favouring Rangers (FFP regs) and the people responsible for the mess are still in position.

I'm not expecting to like what I hear either, but at least I'll know where we stand and I can decide whether I want to continue to watch a competition where I can't trust what I'm watching.

I'm sick to death of it too, but it doesn't mean to say that the truth should not be brought out and acknowledged. Then we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi,

Yes we agreed a statement would be made.

Not sure what the delay is but will find out and come back to you.

Thanks

Tracey

any reason given for delay Tracey?

@hibs.net private member
    Whats Campbell Ogilvie doing these days? Is self sufficient Southern still at Dundee United?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Whats Campbell Ogilvie doing these days? Is self sufficient Southern still at Dundee United?
    Ogilvie works as a matchday delegate for UEFA now.

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    any reason given for delay Tracey?
    Tracey been silent for a week now as well.

Tracey been silent for a week now as well.

I presume because she's been told there's an announcement to be made, but she's not party to the details, so no point posting anything she knows nothing about.

This is soley about Petrie, Dempster, et al, and whether they think it's worth the bother rocking the boat. IMO, there will either be NO announcement, or it'll be something bland about 'time to move on'.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I presume because she's been told there's an announcement to be made, but she's not party to the details, so no point posting anything she knows nothing about.

This is soley about Petrie, Dempster, et al, and whether they think it's worth the bother rocking the boat. IMO, there will either be NO announcement, or it'll be something bland about 'time to move on'.
    As it was decided at board level to release a statement and a time scale was set then it's surprising that the management of the club have not done what was agreed at board level. It's also a bit surprising that a member of the board does not know why?
    I'm not sure how these things work though so happy to wait and see what's going on.

https://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com...ents-at-ibrox/

Left by mutual consent!
    They rightly highlight serious question marks over potential tapping up of players as per the payments made to Souness and Smith. However I suspect Andrew Dickson like the rest of the hired staff was merely doing the job expected of him by the puppet masters. David Murray was the overall puppet master and its he who should be facing investigations into any potential wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    They rightly highlight serious question marks over potential tapping up of players as per the payments made to Souness and Smith. However I suspect Andrew Dickson like the rest of the hired staff was merely doing the job expected of him by the puppet masters. David Murray was the overall puppet master and its he who should be facing investigations into any potential wrongdoing.
    AndrewDickson was at the very heart of the EBT scheme and was central to the concealment from the SFA. That he now works for the SFA is a disgrace and is one of the reason they won't investigate. He should be banned from football for life.
    After the war they didn't just let all the camp commandants off because it was Hitler that was the real bad egg.

Still nothing from Traceyhibs?

Left by mutual consent!
    Still nothing from Traceyhibs?

Why don't you send Tracey a message? Do you seriously think she has time to respond to your every question?

Give it a break man.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    Why don't you send Tracey a message? Do you seriously think she has time to respond to your every question?

Give it a break man.
    It was Tracey that said she would come back here with the answer as to why the delay.

Give it a break man.
    How many have I asked her? Strange reply. If you had been following the thread you would know that Tracey had said she would get back to us as she did not know what the hold up was with the statement the board had agreed to release.
    No need to be so aggressive.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Give it a break man.
    Fans rep mate, on a subject like this it certainly goes with the territory, was on the go before during and after the election. An expectation was set and I think the guy is reasonably asking where the delivery is.

For what it's worth I think Tracey is hamstrung by whatever reason the board excluding the reps has decided to delay.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby