hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1288 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 28878811881238127812861287128812891290129813381388 ... LastLast
Results 38,611 to 38,640 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi,

Yes we agreed a statement would be made.

Not sure what the delay is but will find out and come back to you.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Hi,

Thanks

Tracey
    Waiting to see if the petition for a replay succeeds?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Hi,

Thanks

Tracey

Hopefully, it's because it reflects the views of the supporters and would have been inflammatory prior to the game.

Appeasement doesn't work. History has shown that it only leads to liberty taking.

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Hopefully, it's because it reflects the views of the supporters and would have been inflammatory prior to the game.

Appeasement doesn't work. History has shown that it only leads to liberty taking.
    dont want this being lost in the current smoke screen being put up by the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    dont want this being lost in the current smoke screen being put up by the huns.
    It's fair to say we are being very patient. C'mon Hibs, time to do the right thing even if it's not the easy thing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's fair to say we are being very patient. C'mon Hibs, time to do the right thing even if it's not the easy thing.

Last weekend proved that these ****bags have no scruples.

Let's do them!

Wonder what the delay is

JJ is stating that Paul Brennan reported yesterday that the SPFL have requested an inquiry into how the game is being run. Could this be why we are keeping our powder dry?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    JJ is stating that Paul Brennan reported yesterday that the SPFL have requested an inquiry into how the game is being run. Could this be why we are keeping our powder dry?
    Wasn't that what they asked for in their statement a couple of weeks ago which the SFA are completely ignoring?

Wasn't that what they asked for in their statement a couple of weeks ago which the SFA are completely ignoring?

I think Paul Brennan is reporting that the Professional Game Board met yesterday to discuss the request. He also mentions that the press walked out en-masse from Murray Park as they were being filmed. I have no idea if this is true or not but it's very sinister if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I think Paul Brennan is reporting that the Professional Game Board met yesterday to discuss the request. He also mentions that the press walked out en-masse from Murray Park as they were being filmed. I have no idea if this is true or not but it's very sinister if it is.
    I think the press thing is true as the Daily record ran with it yesterday.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...n-10982768.amp
    Haven't heard anything about PGB.

I hardly think Keith Jackson needs to worry about being accused of asking anyone at The Rangers anything too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    I hardly think Keith Jackson needs to worry about being accused of asking anyone at The Rangers anything too difficult.
    He did something wrong - he is banned from Murray Park and Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I quite enjoyed this.

No love lost between Jackson and Sevco. Good stuff.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

Wow! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Raging paranoia and attempted intimidation coming from within ipox now. Is the Big Hoose of Cards beginning to wobble a wee bit?

It genuinely baffles me what hold Fat Jim Traynor has over Sevco. God only knows why they keep him on......

http://www.thecsa.co.uk/viewtopic.ph...cbb63083217fa1
    -------------
    I and Association President John Andrews met with Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie on Monday night. The reason for the meeting which incidentally was at the request of Mr Doncaster, was for them to explain their position with regards to the Lord Nimmo Smith (LNS) Inquiry.

From the outset they both made it clear that they thought that the SPL did everything by the book and that they had no further part to play in accordance with the advice they got from a Senior Counsel.

They also stated that they, the SPFL, were happy to have an Independent Review of Scottish Football as stated about three weeks ago after they elected their new Board. The problem with that is, no Independent Review is worth having unless it also agreed by the SFA, and so far Mr Regan and his cronies have not agreed to a Review.

Mr Doncaster made it very clear that the decision taken by LNS cannot be revisited, the decision to fine Sevco £250,000 is final. Mr McKenzie stressed that all the information held by the SPL was put before LNS, which included the proof of about 51 side letters. But what they cannot answer is, did the SFA act honestly with regards to LNS.

Mr Doncaster also agreed with us that the Five Way Agreement (FWA) was a barrier to Title stripping. That is the FWA that no-one outside if the signatories has actually seen. McKenzie and Doncaster actually admitted that in one of the early drafts of the agreement Title Stripping was one of the avenues that could be used as punishment to Sevco, not surprisingly Green, and apparently more so McCoist strongly opposed that route, so that clause was taken out.

That’s akin to a High Court Judge telling a convicted criminal that he could face twenty years in jail and the criminal saying I’m not having that. So the Judge says, well ok what about a fine of £250? That will be fine (excuse the pun) your honour.

You have to wonder, if the FWA was good for Scottish Football as a whole, why has it not been made public? According to McKenzie the five signatories would have to agree to that, and he said that wouldn’t happen, but he never told us just exactly who would be opposed to going public, I think they would all oppose it to protect themselves.

Interestingly the SPFL Board backed the call for an Independent Review as proposed by Peter Lawwell at Celtic Football Club, but not one club came out publically and supported Peter Lawwell before the Board went public, which was about three weeks after Peter’s statement.

McKenzie said that club chairmen were backing Celtic, but not in public. I think that proves the point the Bullying and Intimidation by the Sevco Support is actually working, I also think the comments from Ann Budge and Stewart Milne prove that too.

So where do we go from here? Well we’re not beaten yet. We have to force the SFA to back the Independent Review. The only way that can be done is by supporters putting pressure on their own clubs to call for it.

Doncaster claims that the SPFL do not have the power within their rules to strip titles, but the SFA do have that power. So honest supporters throughout the whole of Scottish Football must stand up to the Bullies and Intimidators and force action from your own club’s. This is not a Celtic v Rangers issue, this is Honest and Integrity v Bullies and Intimidators issue. Football has to win, but it can only win if the honest decent supporters unite to make it happen.
    ---------------

Time for Hibs to stand up and be counted. This silence should not be what this club is about.

Left by mutual consent!
    -------------
    I and Association President John Andrews met with Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie on Monday night. The reason for the meeting which incidentally was at the request of Mr Doncaster, was for them to explain their position with regards to the Lord Nimmo Smith (LNS) Inquiry.

From the outset they both made it clear that they thought that the SPL did everything by the book and that they had no further part to play in accordance with the advice they got from a Senior Counsel.

They also stated that they, the SPFL, were happy to have an Independent Review of Scottish Football as stated about three weeks ago after they elected their new Board. The problem with that is, no Independent Review is worth having unless it also agreed by the SFA, and so far Mr Regan and his cronies have not agreed to a Review.

Mr Doncaster made it very clear that the decision taken by LNS cannot be revisited, the decision to fine Sevco £250,000 is final. Mr McKenzie stressed that all the information held by the SPL was put before LNS, which included the proof of about 51 side letters. But what they cannot answer is, did the SFA act honestly with regards to LNS.

Mr Doncaster also agreed with us that the Five Way Agreement (FWA) was a barrier to Title stripping. That is the FWA that no-one outside if the signatories has actually seen. McKenzie and Doncaster actually admitted that in one of the early drafts of the agreement Title Stripping was one of the avenues that could be used as punishment to Sevco, not surprisingly Green, and apparently more so McCoist strongly opposed that route, so that clause was taken out.

That’s akin to a High Court Judge telling a convicted criminal that he could face twenty years in jail and the criminal saying I’m not having that. So the Judge says, well ok what about a fine of £250? That will be fine (excuse the pun) your honour.

You have to wonder, if the FWA was good for Scottish Football as a whole, why has it not been made public? According to McKenzie the five signatories would have to agree to that, and he said that wouldn’t happen, but he never told us just exactly who would be opposed to going public, I think they would all oppose it to protect themselves.

Interestingly the SPFL Board backed the call for an Independent Review as proposed by Peter Lawwell at Celtic Football Club, but not one club came out publically and supported Peter Lawwell before the Board went public, which was about three weeks after Peter’s statement.

McKenzie said that club chairmen were backing Celtic, but not in public. I think that proves the point the Bullying and Intimidation by the Sevco Support is actually working, I also think the comments from Ann Budge and Stewart Milne prove that too.

So where do we go from here? Well we’re not beaten yet. We have to force the SFA to back the Independent Review. The only way that can be done is by supporters putting pressure on their own clubs to call for it.

Doncaster claims that the SPFL do not have the power within their rules to strip titles, but the SFA do have that power. So honest supporters throughout the whole of Scottish Football must stand up to the Bullies and Intimidators and force action from your own club’s. This is not a Celtic v Rangers issue, this is Honest and Integrity v Bullies and Intimidators issue. Football has to win, but it can only win if the honest decent supporters unite to make it happen.
    ---------------

Time for Hibs to stand up and be counted. This silence should not be what this club is about.

I agree.

I don't think this issue will ever be fully exorcised and Scottish football moved on from it until there is action taken by the authorities in some form or other of either stripping the titles or putting an asterisk and explanation against the titles.

They (Regan, Nimmo Smith etc) have taken us the ordinary football fans for mugs with the conspiracy to sweep this whole charade under the carpet.

Its time to cleanse the situation by declaring they titles null and void and publicly apologising to us the fans for the conspiracy to deceive.

Then we can all move forward in unison for the good of the game without the stink of the conspiracy.

From Rangers tax case blogger-

This wee bit of info is reported in todays Scottish Daily Mail (paper) page 77 at the end of IRN-BRU CUP ROUND-UP,

"Meanwhile, the SPFL have opened disciplinary proceedings against Albion Rovers for fielding an inelegible player in their Irn-Bru cup victory over Spartans on Tuesday. Liam McGuigan was on the bench as Rovers won 5-4 in a penalty shoot out after a goalless 120 minutes at Cliftonhill. Both teams will be entered into in todays draw, pending the outcome of the proceedings."

Any predictions on how the SPFL are going to spin this one?

Especially as Spartans were kicked out of the Scottish Cup for some stupid error, and have a vested interest, and a precedent has been set regarding SEVCOS "imperfect but legible" registrations of players over countless years. I hope this gets very messy.

Spartans were dealt with the SFA, but rules are rules.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15672375

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016
    Last edited by Hibs07p; 17-08-2017 at 07:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ineligible-pl/

Well they docked Dundee United 3 points for fielding 2 ineligible youth players.

They enforce the rules , except when Sevco is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ineligible-pl/

Well they docked Dundee United 3 points for fielding 2 ineligible youth players.

They enforce the rules , except when Sevco is concerned.
    They being us. The SFA are a membership organisation and our chairman is a Vice President. Hibs appear quite happy to allow this system to carry on where one club is treated differently to all the others. Our silence is embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    They being us. The SFA are a membership organisation and our chairman is a Vice President. Hibs appear quite happy to allow this system to carry on where one club is treated differently to all the others. Our silence is embarrassing.

It was the SPFL that docked the points not the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    It was the SPFL that docked the points not the SFA.
    Same applies though. Both are just the clubs.
    It's the SFA that is in charge of player registrations though and they have ultimate responsibility for the governance of the game in Scotland. If they wanted to make sure that one club was not being advantaged over all others they could have stepped in at any time. I'd like to know why Hibs think this is ok?

Left by mutual consent!
    The whole thing stinks of cover up and mendacity by the Scottish footballing authorities along with the establishment figure nimmo smith. I hope a judicial review is forthcoming to open up the can of worms. Fairness is the overarching quality required in sport and when one club is set above others by the authorities it becomes rigged. It requires cleansing.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    -------------

---------------

We really as a support should be making demands on Petrie to explain his role in the five way agreement. It stinks that he is complicit in this whitewash whilst some people still think he is the author of 'sporting integrity'.

Fan reps....over to you.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    We really as a support should be making demands on Petrie to explain his role in the five way agreement. It stinks that he is complicit in this whitewash whilst some people still think he is the author of 'sporting integrity'.

Fan reps....over to you.
    It's funny that this is the only area where the club appear to be failing just now and it happens to be Petrie's responsibility. Probably just a coincidence.

Same applies though. Both are just the clubs.
    It's the SFA that is in charge of player registrations though and they have ultimate responsibility for the governance of the game in Scotland. If they wanted to make sure that one club was not being advantaged over all others they could have stepped in at any time. I'd like to know why Hibs think this is ok?

I believe unequivocally that Sevco are holding something over everyone - perhaps something that could land some to criminal charges? How else could outsiders like Regan, Doncaster and now Budge be silenced so quickly?

It's funny that this is the only area where the club appear to be failing just now and it happens to be Petrie's responsibility. Probably just a coincidence.

I think historic is probably the correct word.....

Any word on the statement the Hibs board agreed to release at the last board meeting Traceyhibs?