hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1287 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 28778711871237127712851286128712881289129713371387 ... LastLast
Results 38,581 to 38,610 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that charges have been brought but the trial has been adjourned on at least 3 occasions.
    Do you know who against?

The Chief Exec seems to have been an eejit, rather than crooked. But then there's the Duff factor.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's in regard to the Dunfermline V Rangers season decider in which Rangers won 6-0. Documents are believed to relate to Gavin Masterton who also bank rolled Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    American owners not steeped in the Scottish game could fit the narrative but were Dundee in many Scottish cup finals? And this bit

Today, taped interviews and emails have been seized by the powers-that-be at Hampden, and a formal period of preliminary investigation is now underway.

Seems to turn a bunch of dunderheids into the FBI.
    I doubt the SFA have the powers of seizure.
    There does appear to be a fair bit of buzz around this but could just as easily be nothing.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    American owners not steeped in the Scottish game could fit the narrative but were Dundee in many Scottish cup finals? And this bit

Today, taped interviews and emails have been seized by the powers-that-be at Hampden, and a formal period of preliminary investigation is now underway.

Seems to turn a bunch of dunderheids into the FBI.
    Do the "powers that be at Hampden" have the power to seize anything? Assume it must be the police or am I being thick?

[QUOTE=Stonewall;5134226]Do the "powers that be at Hampden" have the power to seize anything? Assume it must be the police or am I being thick?[/QUOT

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/lying-down-at-ibrox-the-irony/

This is the follow up. Interesting that the pars are fan owned now and documents may have been passed on. I have been of the view that the sfa/spl could ride this out. However their own diligence in lesser cases regarding mistakes in registration leading to draconian punishments being meted out makes lack of action here a glaring omission. In these instances there are no time bars, see David Walsh's pursuit of Lance Armstrong as a guide. When the inevitable happens sites like hibs.net will receive the plaudits they are due that go way beyond a narrow celtic/rangers agenda.

[QUOTE=Bankie;5134238]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Do the "powers that be at Hampden" have the power to seize anything? Assume it must be the police or am I being thick?[/QUOT

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/lyi...rox-the-irony/

This is the follow up. Interesting that the pars are fan owned now and documents may have been passed on. I have been of the view that the sfa/spl could ride this out. However their own diligence in lesser cases regarding mistakes in registration leading to draconian punishments being meted out makes lack of action here a glaring omission. In these instances there are no time bars, see David Walsh's pursuit of Lance Armstrong as a guide. When the inevitable happens sites like hibs.net will receive the plaudits they are due that go way beyond a narrow celtic/rangers agenda.
    Celtic have had a thing about Dunfermline since that day.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

No news from Traceyhibs on last weeks statement?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No news from Traceyhibs on last weeks statement?

At the working together meeting last week LD explained that the board met that morning and they were working on an announcement. She acknowledged that with the game on this Saturday they had considered the timing of the announcement but intended to make the announcement that week. I suspect if they have not agreed the statement before the weekend then they are delaying it until after this w/e so as not to stoke the flames of what could already be a feisty affair. Only a guess mind you and could be miles off the real reason for no announcement yet.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    I have followed this thread with much amusement, anger, frustration and bewilderment (all in equal measure) since it began a very long time ago, and remain stunned that The Artist Formerly Known As Rangers got away so lightly, as did their follow-on, The The's, and the sheer arrogance, incompetance and corruption displayed by those running (rather, ruining) Scottish football in trying to pander to their mates at Ipox.

What is even more stunning to me however of recent, reading all these Celtc blogs, is how arrogant and hyporitical Celtc are. They seem to forget that they are the other cheek of the ar$e that is the Old Firm, a duopoly that for many decades has held Scottish football to ransom for their own gain and unfair advantage, and to the detriment of everyone else, with any concept of sporting fairness and integrity completely shunned. A duopoly that for a long number of years has manage to feather its own nest through hugely advantageous fiancial "arrangements" with sponsors, dodgy legal loopholes, favourable treatment on and off the pitch with the SFA etc. and spending money that either wasn't theirs or just didn't exist.

All the while, the supporters of said duopoly, and I don't care what anyone says, it IS a MAJORITY of their supporters, regularly engage in vicious bigotry and violence both at football games and away from the field, bringing shame on the sport and our country.

Rant over, however I cannot stand hypocrisy or holier-than-thou's. And these long-winded, rambling Celtc blogs are a bore. The SFA remain spineless and corrupted to buggery as this whole saga rumbles on year after year...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    At the working together meeting last week LD explained that the board met that morning and they were working on an announcement. She acknowledged that with the game on this Saturday they had considered the timing of the announcement but intended to make the announcement that week. I suspect if they have not agreed the statement before the weekend then they are delaying it until after this w/e so as not to stoke the flames of what could already be a feisty affair. Only a guess mind you and could be miles off the real reason for no announcement yet.
    I think that is a safe guess. If we are going to get our tuppence worth in, and know the zombies will react to it then it makes perfect sense to hold of as apposed to throwing petrol on what already will likely be a bit of a poisonous atmosphere

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt View Post
    I have followed this thread with much amusement, anger, frustration and bewilderment (all in equal measure) since it began a very long time ago, and remain stunned that The Artist Formerly Known As Rangers got away so lightly, as did their follow-on, The The's, and the sheer arrogance, incompetance and corruption displayed by those running (rather, ruining) Scottish football in trying to pander to their mates at Ipox.

What is even more stunning to me however of recent, reading all these Celtc blogs, is how arrogant and hyporitical Celtc are. They seem to forget that they are the other cheek of the ar$e that is the Old Firm, a duopoly that for many decades has held Scottish football to ransom for their own gain and unfair advantage, and to the detriment of everyone else, with any concept of sporting fairness and integrity completely shunned. A duopoly that for a long number of years has manage to feather its own nest through hugely advantageous fiancial "arrangements" with sponsors, dodgy legal loopholes, favourable treatment on and off the pitch with the SFA etc. and spending money that either wasn't theirs or just didn't exist.

All the while, the supporters of said duopoly, and I don't care what anyone says, it IS a MAJORITY of their supporters, regularly engage in vicious bigotry and violence both at football games and away from the field, bringing shame on the sport and our country.

Rant over, however I cannot stand hypocrisy or holier-than-thou's. And these long-winded, rambling Celtc blogs are a bore. The SFA remain spineless and corrupted to buggery as this whole saga rumbles on year after year...
    Great post.

This 100%.

Celtic see themselves as the "good guys" and can;t seem to understand why they are disliked.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Celtic have had a thing about Dunfermline since that day.

They're obsessed with having been cheated that day, in much the same way as our Tynecastle chums blame St Mirren for the failure of their own team to win the league in '86.

It's in regard to the Dunfermline V Rangers season decider in which Rangers won 6-0. Documents are believed to relate to Gavin Masterton who also bank rolled Rangers.

And bank rolled every other club in the league apart from Celtic.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Do you know who against?

The Chief Exec seems to have been an eejit, rather than crooked. But then there's the Duff factor.....
    I only know they were made against him. Not sure about anything of the Trustees

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    And bank rolled every other club in the league apart from Celtic.
    They tried to put Celtic under which is why Fergus McCann moved bank.

It's all about evidence for me. We all know that Hearts were at it under Romanov but we don't have any evidence. I'm sure Celtic have skeletons in the cupboard as well but again we don't have evidence. What we do have is a mountain of evidence that the old Rangers cheated and the SFA helped them. That's why they are the focus of this thread.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Rangers were obtuse about it in their arrogance, they got caught with their pants down in many ways.

Celtc are more sleekit with their dealings. However it's still clear to fans of all other non-OF clubs that they have benefitted from very lucrative financial deals and a somewhat cosy relationship with those in charge of the game.

As for Farts, it was clear to even the thickest inbred maroon-tinted moron that Romanov was a dodgy character from the start who the Yams sold their souls to all because Chris Robinson wanted to move them away from their beloved Jobbycastle and it's "brilliant atmosphere" of absbestos, pigeon crap, rotten wooden floorboards and crappy cladding. They've only not been taken to task because the authorities can't be bothered unpicking Mad Vlads dealings, plus he's long since buggered off anyway.

Rangers were obtuse about it in their arrogance, they got caught with their pants down in many ways.

Celtc are more sleekit with their dealings. However it's still clear to fans of all other non-OF clubs that they have benefitted from very lucrative financial deals and a somewhat cosy relationship with those in charge of the game.

As for Farts, it was clear to even the thickest inbred maroon-tinted moron that Romanov was a dodgy character from the start who the Yams sold their souls to all because Chris Robinson wanted to move them away from their beloved Jobbycastle and it's "brilliant atmosphere" of absbestos, pigeon crap, rotten wooden floorboards and crappy cladding. They've only not been taken to task because the authorities can't be bothered unpicking Mad Vlads dealings, plus he's long since buggered off anyway.
    What lucrative deals have Celtic made that aren't in the normal course of business?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    The 'let's look forward, not back' mantra is very wearing. Nevertheless I'm going to try it out the next time I get a tradesman's bill in for some work done. "Let's forget all about the work you did for me last month and instead look forward to the next job you're going to do for me." That should work out fine.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    The 'let's look forward, not back' mantra is very wearing. Nevertheless I'm going to try it out the next time I get a tradesman's bill in for some work done. "Let's forget all about the work you did for me last month and instead look forward to the next job you're going to do for me." That should work out fine.
    Hmmm, it's almost like it's a stratetgy agreed amongst a group of people to show some united front against us stupid peasants.

Just what exactly do The Rangers have over these spineless weasels running our game/clubs?

I expect the Dempster/Petrie script to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hmmm, it's almost like it's a stratetgy agreed amongst a group of people to show some united front against us stupid peasants.

Just what exactly do The Rangers have over these spineless weasels running our game/clubs?

I expect the Dempster/Petrie script to be similar.
    I suspect that it's a wee bit more cynical than that and there may be some quite fearful skeletons in the closet that none of them want becoming visible. Maybe that's the armageddon that Doncaster/Regan were fearful of in 2012.....

Left by mutual consent!
    It's all about evidence for me. We all know that Hearts were at it under Romanov but we don't have any evidence. I'm sure Celtic have skeletons in the cupboard as well but again we don't have evidence. What we do have is a mountain of evidence that the old Rangers cheated and the SFA helped them. That's why they are the focus of this thread.

Only because Vlad's still to be caught - he will some day and when he is, it'll be fun !. The 'Decadent west' always has an allure too strong for these old 'Cold-war submariners' and it's a nap Vlad will be only too willing to spill the beans as part of a deal !

I quite like the Dunfermline statement.

There appears to be an acknowledgement that their club was badly run, that they shouldn't have done what they had done and that they aren't in a position to point the finger at anyone.

The common features of the clubs who have indulged in the financial doping over the past couple of decades have been a lack of remorse, total delusion, an unwillingness to face up to their crimes and the consequences for the taxpayers/ small businesses/ Lithuanian pensioners/ other football teams/ charities that they happened to stiff along the way.

The fight needs to be led by the clubs who have kept their houses in order and suffered most at the hands of the cheats. Ourselves, Celtic, St Johnstone and all the other clubs that have never seen a creditor or employee go unpaid should carry the fight.

It would be entirely hypocritical for anyone at Dunfermline, Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna, Livingston, Airdrie or any other team I might have forgotten to be getting on their high horses over the Rangers affair, and would easily batted off by the Sevconians with a (not unreasonable) shower of whataboutery.

Dunfermline were perfectly entitled to respond to heavy speculation, which is seriously calling into question the integrity of their club in this way.

Last edited by Smartie; 08-08-2017 at 11:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

There appears to be an acknowledgement that their club was badly run, that they shouldn't have done what they had done and that they aren't in a position to point the finger at anyone.

The common features of the clubs who have indulged in the financial doping over the past couple of decades have been a lack of remorse, total delusion, an unwillingness to face up to their crimes and the consequences for the taxpayers/ small businesses/ Lithuanian pensioners/ other football teams/ charities that they happened to stiff along the way.

The fight needs to be led by the clubs who have kept their houses in order and suffered most at the hands of the cheats. Ourselves, Celtic, St Johnstone and all the other clubs that have never seen a creditor or employee go unpaid should carry the fight.

It would be entirely hypocritical for anyone at Dunfermline, Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna, Livingston, Airdrie or any other team I might have forgotten to be getting on their high horses over the Rangers affair, and we easily batted off with a (not unreasonable) shower of whataboutery.

Dunfermline were perfectly entitled to respond to heavy speculation in this way.

The Dunfy chairman sets exactly the right tone - contrition and determination to get their own house in order.

This is a can of worms. It is for, primarily, the SFA to show leadership and ask how it is that a club can cheat for a decade and not get punished.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

It would be entirely hypocritical for anyone at Dunfermline, Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell, Gretna, Livingston, Airdrie or any other team I might have forgotten to be getting on their high horses over the Rangers affair, and would easily batted off by the Sevconians with a (not unreasonable) shower of whataboutery.

Dunfermline were perfectly entitled to respond to heavy speculation, which is seriously calling into question the integrity of their club in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

The Dunfy chairman sets exactly the right tone - contrition and determination to get their own house in order.

This is a can of worms. It is for, primarily, the SFA to show leadership and ask how it is that a club can cheat for a decade and not get punished.
    Agree with all that, by highlighting what Dunfy historically did as clearly bringing the game into disrepute he's basically saying the Rangers have also done similar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Agree with all that, by highlighting what Dunfy historically did as clearly bringing the game into disrepute he's basically saying the Rangers have also done similar
    Yup. If Dunfermline had a go at Rangers, there would be whataboutery in full cry. Any call for title-stripping would have been met by a call for all of DAFC's results whilst insolvent to be scrubbed... and, while we're at it, HMFC, Dundee, etc etc.

And, in the midst of all of that, the real issues would be missed.

Are Hibs still planning to release a statement Traceyhibs? Understand we might have wanted to get yesterday's game out the way but this is dragging on a bit.

First Team Breakthrough
    Are Hibs still planning to release a statement Traceyhibs? Understand we might have wanted to get yesterday's game out the way but this is dragging on a bit.

Hi,

Yes we agreed a statement would be made.

Not sure what the delay is but will find out and come back to you.

Thanks

Tracey