hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1286 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 28678611861236127612841285128612871288129613361386 ... LastLast
Results 38,551 to 38,580 of 44390
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But in this case it is true, no-one in their right mind can say they have had any kind of challenge since Rangers were banished to the lower leagues. And I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot ex celtic players and fans would be saying the same.
    They went bust and they did that all by themselves. There's no "banished" about it.

And you're right, Celtic fans would be saying the same but they'd still be talking nonsense. For quite some time now, almost my entire lifetime, the "title race" has been of no interest to anyone outside the Old Firm anyway. I didn't find myself at the edge of my seat when it was between either bigot brother just as I didn't while Celtic currently run away with it and have it wrapped up by christmas. At least in recent years there's been a real tussle for runners up which has been interesting (and pleasing since the Blue half of the bigot brothers didn't just go right back into second like they pompously assumed they would).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Do rangers 9 in a row titles not matter because celtic werent in a position to challenge them?
    Exactly financial doping meant nobody was in a position to challenge Rangers playing by the rules. All their trophies dont count during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Exactly financial doping meant nobody was in a position to challenge Rangers playing by the rules. All their trophies dont count during that period.
    Emm.... Rangers 9 in a row was between 1989 and 1997. There were no EBTs then.

David Murray was still an arrogant twat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    He's not waffling at all, and he's not the only one who's said it.

Yeah Gail, I'm sure all your mates on Follow Follow are saying it as well.

The only titles that 'don't count' are the titles won by clubs that were cheating by non-disclosure of side contracts and dubious tax schemes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Emm.... Rangers 9 in a row was between 1989 and 1997. There were no EBTs then.

David Murray was still an arrogant twat though.
    That's not to say they weren't cheating then, I think it's highly unlikely Murray/Hun only cheated for a particular period of time - more than likely it was throughout the entire period of Murray's ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    They went bust and they did that all by themselves. There's no "banished" about it.

And you're right, Celtic fans would be saying the same but they'd still be talking nonsense. For quite some time now, almost my entire lifetime, the "title race" has been of no interest to anyone outside the Old Firm anyway. I didn't find myself at the edge of my seat when it was between either bigot brother just as I didn't while Celtic currently run away with it and have it wrapped up by christmas. At least in recent years there's been a real tussle for runners up which has been interesting (and pleasing since the Blue half of the bigot brothers didn't just go right back into second like they pompously assumed they would).
    And they didn't go up through the play-offs the year before when Motherwell hammered them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Is it worth mentioning again that the people who ran the now defunct Glasgow rangers decided to liquidate the club themselves.

The new team weren't "banished". They applied to join the Scottish leagues and were fortunate that the club that qualified to join the 3rd division didn't join for whatever reason or the new team might have had to wait.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 07-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Yeah Gail, I'm sure all your mates on Follow Follow are saying it as well.

The only titles that 'don't count' are the titles won by clubs that were cheating by non-disclosure of side contracts and dubious tax schemes.
    Is that where Gail went...??

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Is it worth mentioning again that the people who ran the now defunct Glasgow rangers decided to liquidate the club themselves.

The new team weren't "banished". They applied to join the Scottish leagues and were fortunate that the club that qualified to join the 3rd division didn't join for whatever reason or the new team might not have had to wait.

100%!! Facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    That's not to say they weren't cheating then, I think it's highly unlikely Murray/Hun only cheated for a particular period of time - more than likely it was throughout the entire period of Murray's ownership.
    Fair point Deansy. So then you are into the world of clubs spending money they can't pay back or have no intention of paying back. So pick a club from Scotland who have played in the top flight.
    Any one you like excluding St Johnstone and Inverness and credit Rod Petrie of Hibs for tough decisions made at Hibs in 2003 as he saw this whole house of cards falling in on itself.

Your starter for three are Hearts, Dundee and Gretna.

Fair point Deansy. So then you are into the world of clubs spending money they can't pay back or have no intention of paying back. So pick a club from Scotland who have played in the top flight.
    Any one you like excluding St Johnstone and Inverness and credit Rod Petrie of Hibs for tough decisions made at Hibs in 2003 as he saw this whole house of cards falling in on itself.

Your starter for three are Hearts, Dundee and Gretna.
    Let's not kid ourselves. Duff and Gray must have shafted plenty of people on behalf of Hibs back in the day. Nobody is immune from snake oil salesmen getting their foot in the door when a club is particularly vulnerable.
    That's why i have no appetite for the current witch hunt. They had to form a new club and work their way back up through the divisions.
    Aye titles and cups could be taken away from the old Rangers but, in my opinion, most people view this as a chance to keep giving Rangers a kicking.
    i fully accept my opinion isn't a popular one but it would suit me just to get back to football starting with turning them over on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Duff and Gray must have shafted plenty of people on behalf of Hibs back in the day. Nobody is immune from snake oil salesmen getting their foot in the door when a club is particularly vulnerable.
    That's why i have no appetite for the current witch hunt. They had to form a new club and work their way back up through the divisions.
    Aye titles and cups could be taken away from the old Rangers but, in my opinion, most people view this as a chance to keep giving Rangers a kicking.
    i fully accept my opinion isn't a popular one but it would suit me just to get back to football starting with turning them over on Saturday.
    After Duffy and Gray the club's non football liabilities were paid under the watchful eye of STF.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

After Duffy and Gray the club's non football liabilities were paid under the watchful eye of STF.

Indeed they were but I don't think for a minute those two charlatans didn't leave a trail of utter carnage behind them.

Indeed they were but I don't think for a minute those two charlatans didn't leave a trail of utter carnage behind them.
    But they didn't deliberately conceal side payments to players outside their contracts registered with the SFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    But they didn't deliberately conceal side payments to players outside their contracts registered with the SFA.

I Know. My point is a general one not focusing on the specifics of each incidence.

Left by mutual consent!
    They never bumped various public bodies! Including the NHS.

They did but it wasn't financial thankfully. Duff was dodgy and was played by Rowland on behalf of himself and "others" Gray was a fool who ultimately tried to get out of the mess but was out of his depth completely in my opinion.

Sir Matt Busby

They did but it wasn't financial thankfully. Duff was dodgy and was played by Rowland on behalf of himself and "others" Gray was a fool who ultimately tried to get out of the mess but was out of his depth completely in my opinion.

No worries. I still remember going up to Tynecastle on the open decked bus to ask Hertz shareholders to stand up to Mercer.
    Anyway it's just my opinion and what will be will be.

No worries. I still remember going up to Tynecastle on the open decked bus to ask Hertz shareholders to stand up to Mercer.
    Anyway it's just my opinion and what will be will be.
    I'm with you on this one, they were incompetent or worse and created a near perfect storm from mercer's point of view. If it wasn't for STF, and his man on the ground RP there'd have been a financial mess to sort out as well.

Sir Matt Busby

You are right. Duff was a bull****, snake oil lawyer whose redeeming feature was his refusal to sell to Mercer. Gray talked the talk and I guess his heart was in the right place but he was as you say horribly out of his depth with sharks like Rowland and Mercer.

You are right. Duff was a bull****, snake oil lawyer whose redeeming feature was his refusal to sell to Mercer. Gray talked the talk and I guess his heart was in the right place but he was as you say horribly out of his depth with sharks like Rowland and Mercer.
    Was Duff found guilty in the Edinburgh University Settlement fraud? Was reading his address prior to his 93' fraud conviction was David Murray Buildings in Swindon 😂😂
    Last edited by Is It On....; 07-08-2017 at 03:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Was Duff found guilty in the Edinburgh University Settlement fraud? Was reading his address prior to his 93' fraud conviction was David Murray Buildings in Swindon 😂😂
    Don't think charges were ever brought.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    https://www.sfm.scot/on-grounds-for-judicial-review/

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but if so it cant harm to post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    https://www.sfm.scot/on-grounds-for-judicial-review/

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but if so it cant harm to post it again.
    We are close to the end of the road now. The SFA and SPFL are not going to act now. It's going to be up to the fans to fund a Judicial review. It's the only way to get to the truth of this. If they can get it, I think it will force an implosion at the SFA. Either way, we are close to the end of the process.

This is cryptic in the extreme but this guy seems to be making a comment on the sevco situation by implicating an 'east coast club'. http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/a-d...+Quick+News%29

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    This is cryptic in the extreme but this guy seems to be making a comment on the sevco situation by implicating an 'east coast club'. http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/a-d...+Quick+News%29
    "A European force"?

Canny be Hearts. Us, Dunfermline, the Dundee clubs or Aberdeen?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 07-08-2017 at 09:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Dundee??

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    This is probably the last you'll hear of it as well, possibly another vague article making out they have some earth shattering scandal they've uncovered.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Don't think charges were ever brought.
    I understand that charges have been brought but the trial has been adjourned on at least 3 occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    This is probably the last you'll hear of it as well, possibly another vague article making out they have some earth shattering scandal they've uncovered.
    American owners not steeped in the Scottish game could fit the narrative but were Dundee in many Scottish cup finals? And this bit

Today, taped interviews and emails have been seized by the powers-that-be at Hampden, and a formal period of preliminary investigation is now underway.

Seems to turn a bunch of dunderheids into the FBI.