hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1283 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 28378311831233127312811282128312841285129313331383 ... LastLast
Results 38,461 to 38,490 of 44390
    http://www.itv.com/news/2017-07-31/j...ews-interview/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thank god for her it didnt happen in Scotland. Shame on our football 'authorities' cough

Statement from Hibs this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post

Don't know what she's moaning about? That medal was won fair and square on the track.

Given the wholesale cheating in the past and the continuing cover-up by the authorities how can anyone be sure of "sporting integrity" in the future?

And who would be mug enough to invest time, money and emotion in a rigged competition?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Statement from Hibs this week.

Let's hope Leeann is up for the fight. I think she will. Lead from the front and others hopefully will follow!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KazaHibs View Post
    Let's hope Leeann is up for the fight. I think she will. Lead from the front and others hopefully will follow!
    I'd rather she spent time helping to sign players to allow us to have a great league campaign than be distracted by this.

I realise that won't be universally popular.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I'd rather she spent time helping to sign players to allow us to have a great league campaign than be distracted by this.

I realise that won't be universally popular.
    That would be great but it might be in vain if we are playing in a rigged competition.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Hibs are neither complicit in cheating nor guilty by association.

The authorities have given themselves legal cover not to retrospectively strip titles from Deadco. That is a separate argument.
    They wouldn't be retrospectively stripping titles. They would be stripping titles, which can only be stripped after they've been won.

The idea that it would be somehow backward-looking to punish Old The is hun-apologist myth-making. It would be entirely forward-looking, making a statement that from now on rigging the game is not on.

"Given themselves legal cover"? Let's hear what the legal advice was then. Until it's transparent, that legal cover might as well be entirely made-up pish.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    They wouldn't be retrospectively stripping titles. They would be stripping titles, which can only be stripped after they've been won.

The idea that it would be somehow backward-looking to punish Old The is hun-apologist myth-making. It would be entirely forward-looking, making a statement that from now on rigging the game is not on.

"Given themselves legal cover"? Let's hear what the legal advice was then. Until it's transparent, that legal cover might as well be entirely made-up pish.

Legal advice summarised here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/

I'm almost certain that this will now go to judicial review so the truth will out eventually. I'd just prefer Hibs to have taken the morally correct stance on this.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm almost certain that this will now go to judicial review so the truth will out eventually. I'd just prefer Hibs to have taken the morally correct stance on this.

David Longmuir is the key for me! By amalgamating the associations our governing bodies ensured they could not retrospectively punish rangers. This has been a butt covering exercise since 2010. Al the SPFL top team boards are covering up now as the list of bodies will shock most. Legal advice - ay right!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    David Longmuir is the key for me! By amalgamating the associations our governing bodies ensured they could not retrospectively punish rangers. This has been a butt covering exercise since 2010. Al the SPFL top team boards are covering up now as the list of bodies will shock most. Legal advice - ay right!
    BDO had legal advice that the could win the big tax case. Legal advice is meaningless. Half the lawyers in most cases are on the losing side.

This "legal advice" argument is nonsense. Football has rules and if a rule is broken, in this case improperly registered players, you suffer the consequences. League titles were won under the SPL. The SPL no longer exist. The SPFL could make a statement that those league titles would no longer be recognised and Sevco wouldn't have a leg to stand on or anybody to take legal action against.

Which is?

Blog Entries
    Which is?
    to be at the forefront of seeing justice served upon cheats!

to be at the forefront of seeing justice served upon cheats!
    OK, but at the risk of repeating some stuff waaaay up thread "seeing justice served upon cheats"

Which cheats - David Murray? Barry the crab?????

The club (that doesnt exist any more) ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Why were the SPL determined to get rid of David Longmuir? Look him up. He spoke up for the teams in the lower divisions and refused SEVCO entry at division 1. This whole episode stinks! Why can't we get info on the 5-way agreement? What did they do? Sold Scottish football's soul? Certainly seems that way.
    This is it, allegedly.

https://www.sfm.scot/wp-content/uplo...ignature-1.pdf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Thanks for that, will look forward to reading it.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    OK, but at the risk of repeating some stuff waaaay up thread "seeing justice served upon cheats"

How about the 'new' club which claims to be the 'old' club, but only when it suits them. Especially when it comes to claiming tainted trophies and titles?

Blog Entries

option 3. Justice can be served retrospectively on rapists, pedophiles and murderers. Rangers are liquidated but still in the SFA record books as winning these trophies. I'd be happy with an asterisk or deleted from the records.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Thanks. Hadn't seen that. Bad start to the statement though ....

The SPFL Board today announced, following legal advice from eminent Senior Counsel, Gerry Moynihan Q.C....

"We've got a big lawyer, not from Arbroath." "My dad's bigger than your dad." Stressing how big your lawyer is doesn't make his argument or reasoning more correct, or valuable, at all ....

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Hibs have nothing to lose and everything to gain by coming out with a strong statement saying yes effectively rangers cheated and the titles they won are tainted and should be stripped from the record books. The titles may not be stripped but i can live with that as long as we show sporting integrity really does mean something to Hibernian FC not just cheap talk. Lets face it the only people in Scotland who would object are the huns and i doubt if they could hate us anymore anyway. GGTTH.
    45 AND RISING

I'd be happy with an asterisk or deleted from the records.
    OK, but - playing devils advocate again - its a nailed on certainty that "having an asterisk" isnt going to cut it for some (i.e. losing cup finalists) people.

My guess would be that any statement that the tainted trophies will be "asterisked" will cause as much hassle / debate / argument as is currently going on.

No question they cheated, no debate about that - but, short of chucking the new club out (which would be hilarious, but will never happen) I really cant see what will satisfy all the different opinions.

OK, but - playing devils advocate again - its a nailed on certainty that "having an asterisk" isnt going to cut it for some (i.e. losing cup finalists) people.

My guess would be that any statement that the tainted trophies will be "asterisked" will cause as much hassle / debate / argument as is currently going on.

No question they cheated, no debate about that - but, short of chucking the new club out (which would be hilarious, but will never happen) I really cant see what will satisfy all the different opinions.
    I really don't think you're right. The poll on here was overwhelmingly in favour of asterisking. The threads on Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic message boards suggest similar.

It's an absolute no-brainer to void the honours won by the old Rangers over the years in question although if you gave me the option of only that or only Doncaster/Regan sacked and replaced I'd choose the latter every time.

What's needed more than anything is the truth. What were the roles of Campbell Ogilvie, Andrew Dickson etc? Who at the SFA knew this was happening and when? Why was LNS evidence withheld? Why no action against any individual involved?
    This needs a full investigation with lawyers representing the fans to make sure we get to the bottom of it. All the evidence is out there, the authorities need to start answering to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I really don't think you're right. The poll on here was overwhelmingly in favour of asterisking. The threads on Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic message boards suggest similar.

It's an absolute no-brainer to void the honours won by the old Rangers over the years in question although if you gave me the option of only that or only Doncaster/Regan sacked and replaced I'd choose the latter every time.
    Surely the main point about the poll is that the majority of .netters were not interested enough to take part.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Surely the main point about the poll is that the majority of .netters were not interested enough to take part.
    You can't claim everyone who didn't vote for one side or the other.
    The poll is a representative sample and quite a big one at that. I think about 500 people took part, which makes up a fairly big percentage of Hibs fans and likely makes it more accurate than most opinion polls.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Thanks. Hadn't seen that. Bad start to the statement though ....

The SPFL Board today announced, following legal advice from eminent Senior Counsel, Gerry Moynihan Q.C....

"We've got a big lawyer, not from Arbroath." "My dad's bigger than your dad." Stressing how big your lawyer is doesn't make his argument or reasoning more correct, or valuable, at all ....
    Lots of mentions of Rangers OldCo...does that mean they accept that GRFC are an ex club...?

What's needed more than anything is the truth. What were the roles of Campbell Ogilvie, Andrew Dickson etc? Who at the SFA knew this was happening and when? Why was LNS evidence withheld? Why no action against any individual involved?
    This needs a full investigation with lawyers representing the fans to make sure we get to the bottom of it. All the evidence is out there, the authorities need to start answering to it.

I agree with this 100%. The truth is truly powerful which is why they don't want it to come out and why this soap opera will continue to run and run.