hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1267 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 26776711671217125712651266126712681269127713171367 ... LastLast
Results 37,981 to 38,010 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could have been a Mexican he was talking to? Believe he has signed at least one.......
    But a Mexican won't be his fellow countryman will he?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I believe so - Aberdeen and Dundee United fans put out their own statements and good on them for that. The silence from Hibs (and Hibs.net for that matter) is a source of disappointment for me and does nothing for sporting integrity which we were proclaiming loudly when Sevco were trying to gain admittance back into the league.....
    Have you read the transfer threads recently? No one can agree on anything! The chances of getting agreement on a statement re this issue would be extremely problematic & just who would do it? Effectively we all own Hibs Net so anyone of us could in principle produce a statement & submit it for approval. Over to you HH.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    As nonsensical comments go, yours is at the top

For the avoidance of doubt, your phrase has no sense at all and JJ relies on people like you trying to infiltrate the minds of others whilst leading the charge from the front.

Signed
    JJ
    No sense? Sevco did; that was one of the central planks of of the HMRC case, and one of the bases for claiming that they cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Have you read the transfer threads recently? No one can agree on anything! The chances of getting agreement on a statement re this issue would be extremely problematic & just who would do it? Effectively we all own Hibs Net so anyone of us could in principle produce a statement & submit it for approval. Over to you HH.
    I already offered to do just that and Ozy was the only one who replied......

Could I be the first to say that I object to the content of any statement claiming to be on my behalf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    But a Mexican won't be his fellow countryman will he?
    There's some confusion here. The article talks about the manager talking in Spanish to a Hispanic player. It also talks about someone intervening on behalf of their fellow countryman. That comment I believe refers to the UK players who have split from the new imports. It's a tad confusing but I think I just about understand it now.

Blog Entries
    I already offered to do just that and Ozy was the only one who replied......
    We can't really accept your offer before we see what you write.

Any statement from Hibs.net would have to make clear that it only represents the 89% of Hibs.netters who voted in favour of stripping titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Any statement from Hibs.net would have to make clear that it only represents the 89% of Hibs.netters who voted in favour of stripping titles.

You should be be a politician.Maybe you are.What you mean is the 89percent of those that completed the poll.A little different from 89percent of Hibs.netters.How about making clear that it doesn't represent the views of the 90 percent of Hibs netters who didn't bother completing it.

We can't really accept your offer before we see what you write.
    I had assumed that what I would have written would have been for approval, but I'm not spending two or three hours of my life writing something that will end up in an electronic trash can. There does not seem to be any real appetite amongst .netters to get involved.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    According to JJ, Hibs and Hearts are not commenting for fear of the blue pound. And a commenter adds that our silence means we are worthy of a green pound boycott.

Perhaps holders of green and blue pounds may wish to tot-up how many games in the last three years their teams have played at ER. A handful of TRFC games and zero Celtic games.

We have gotten-by fairly well without blue and green pounds thank you very much. This year, there is every liklihood of games being swapped for TV, which will generate a bit of extra cash to offset reduced attendances. If you wish to stay away, then this will reduce our costs in stewarding, policing, reduce the posionous atmosphere both sets of fans bring and allow more spaces for us to sell to Hibs supporters, just like we did last season against St Mirren with their stripey black and white pounds.

And another thing, since when did the Royal Mint start issuing money in custom colours for football fans?? Full of their usual pompous self importance - they really are two cheeks of the same backside.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    According to JJ, Hibs and Hearts are not commenting for fear of the blue pound. And a commenter adds that our silence means we are worthy of a green pound boycott.
    Your first mistake was reading JJ's site.

Actually, come to think of it, that was your only mistake.

Does he still say that there's a contract out on him?

Blog Entries
    I had assumed that what I would have written would have been for approval, but I'm not spending two or three hours of my life writing something that will end up in an electronic trash can. There does not seem to be any real appetite amongst .netters to get involved.
    That's pretty much what I was trying to say to you. I share your loathing of Sevco but it would be really difficult for us as a fans' group to do anything more than put pressure on our club.

I no longer read JJ. He's a clown best ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post

Perhaps holders of green and blue pounds may wish to tot-up how many games in the last three years their teams have played at ER. A handful of TRFC games and zero Celtic games.

We have gotten-by fairly well without blue and green pounds thank you very much. This year, there is every liklihood of games being swapped for TV, which will generate a bit of extra cash to offset reduced attendances. If you wish to stay away, then this will reduce our costs in stewarding, policing, reduce the posionous atmosphere both sets of fans bring and allow more spaces for us to sell to Hibs supporters, just like we did last season against St Mirren with their stripey black and white pounds.

And another thing, since when did the Royal Mint start issuing money in custom colours for football fans?? Full of their usual pompous self importance - they really are two cheeks of the same backside.
    If I were on the Hibs board and someone was handing me green and blue pounds I'd start asking questions.

I understand that in normal circumstances but on an issue as monumental as this, every fans group in the country should be making a statement IMHO.
    As far as i'm concerned I, or the other admins, have no mandate to speak on behalf of the site. We differ from a group such as the HSA, for example, who have elections.

I'm here because I love Hibs and like talking about them at any opportunity, I also like the other discussion on the forum and I don't mind giving up a bit of my own time to keep something I enjoy ticking over. I have never felt Hibs.net speaks for, or hadsthe right to speak for or on behalf of either Hibs fans as a whole or the users of the forum. I'd go as far as to say that if that was a route others wanted to go down it would be time for me to call it a day.

This is a place for people to come and express their opinions about Hibs and football (primarily), it's not our remit to try to influence opinion or voice a collective opinion that not everyone may agree with.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Excellent post

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As far as i'm concerned I, or the other admins, have no mandate to speak on behalf of the site. We differ from a group such as the HSA, for example, who have elections.

I'm here because I love Hibs and like talking about them at any opportunity, I also like the other discussion on the forum and I don't mind giving up a bit of my own time to keep something I enjoy ticking over. I have never felt Hibs.net speaks for, or hadsthe right to speak for or on behalf of either Hibs fans as a whole or the users of the forum. I'd go as far as to say that if that was a route others wanted to go down it would be time for me to call it a day.

This is a place for people to come and express their opinions about Hibs and football (primarily), it's not our remit to try to influence opinion or voice a collective opinion that not everyone may agree with.
    and that is exactly why this place is one of the best around

Testimonial Due
    I no longer read JJ. He's a clown best ignored.

I look at his site from time to time for amusement value. He's a delusional, attention-seeking welt. Basically just rehashes the same old stuff over and over gain, claiming he's in exile and has various contracts out on his life, moaning that folk won't donate money to him, threatening to close the site down, then postponing the threat ended closure endlessly.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Your first mistake was reading JJ's site.

Actually, come to think of it, that was your only mistake.
    TBH, I only really read it cause someone mentioned there was a Hibs reference on his latest post. Otherwise, not top of my reading list. Tend to find all his stuff a bit same-y. Lots of "in the know" stuff and self-referencing to previous posts. I can't keep up to date with who he is talking about half the time. Do any of his findings actually result in anything??

And the begging bowl requests.....oh boy......

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

A thankless task so thank you to all the admins. There is a reason that fans other than Hibees read .net and it's because it's policed properly with some insightful stuff on Sevco. Hearts fans I know are embarrassed about alot of the posting on Kickback and as for The The Bears Den...there is alot of pure bigotry on it, appalling language and some nasty fan vs fan stuff, some of it even coming from admins (or Moderators as they call them). I think it must be impossible to be banned which says alot.
    So to the all admins and everyone else, keep up the (generally good natured) banter for the season ahead starting tomorrow. GGTTH

(As for Sevco, they seem to have had a policy of deliberately not declaring tje contractual side letters. This was/is in breach of the authorities regulations so I think they deserve everything that happens to them which will hopefully include tiles/trophies being voided and HMRC initiating cases to get the tax and any late penalties paid to UK PLC)
    Last edited by Is It On....; 15-07-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Another Aberdeen fans group (Fanzine this time) come out in favour of sporting integrity.

Disgusted if this is the case.
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...alls-1-4504809
    Looks like Hibs were stalling us with the board meeting on the 30th chat if the decision has already been made.

Sad state of affairs but not unexpected. Solicitors in Arbroath must be a bit irked by his comment

@hibs.net private member
    What gets me is now the courts have ruled it's illegal (EBT's), yet SFA saying they've taken best legal advise. Well my understanding is Rangers thought that EBT's were legal ( yes we all know that's a lie) but took it to court and lost.

So my question would be why should fans go to games knowing our footballing ruling body are corrupt and only interested in protecting the Glasgow gold fish and not the whole aquarium? Would we be better just walking away from the corruption now and taking up another sport?

I go to every Hibs game home and away some development games too but what is the point if there is no sporting chance for teams to compete on a level playing field?
    The way it would force the SFA's hand to act if every fan who wants a fair inquiry into title stripping and the court rulings now being finalised would be to stop going to the National games, extreme but hit the SFA where it hurts in the pocket and numbers in the seats at Hampden.

Will this happen probably not.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    What gets me is now the courts have ruled it's illegal (EBT's), yet SFA saying they've taken best legal advise. Well my understanding is Rangers thought that EBT's were legal ( yes we all know that's a lie) but took it to court and lost.

So my question would be why should fans go to games knowing our footballing ruling body are corrupt and only interested in protecting the Glasgow gold fish and not the whole aquarium? Would we be better just walking away from the corruption now and taking up another sport?

I go to every Hibs game home and away some development games too but what is the point if there is no sporting chance for teams to compete on a level playing field?
    The way it would force the SFA's hand to act if every fan who wants a fair inquiry into title stripping and the court rulings now being finalised would be to stop going to the National games, extreme but hit the SFA where it hurts in the pocket and numbers in the seats at Hampden.

Will this happen probably not.

GGTTH
    EBT's were legal until around 2010, that's never been the problem, the problem is with how Rangers used them, the hidden side letters alone should've been enough to void everyhing thy won as if meant players were improperly registered however LNS in 2013 ruled that they didn't give Rangers a Sporting Advantage on the assumption Rangers behaved in a lawful manner, he really had to come to that decision at the time as you're innocent until proven guilty but HMRC won the appeal with a pretty damning verdict and with the Supreme Court upholding that decision it's beyond all logic that the case cannot be re-opened, it must be.

They cheated and it's been proven they intentionally did so.

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5102256]Disgusted if this is the case.
    Looks like Hibs were stalling us with the board meeting on the 30th chat if the decision has already been made

Reading that interview with Topping closely and if you are being optimistic you could interpret it that the SFPL have decided to take action and have taken legal advice on what would happen to a challenge from Sevco which would surely follow.
    Topping gave no indication there one way or the other which way they are going.
    Let's hope they apply their own rules " without fear or favour".

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSo View Post

Reading that interview with Topping closely and if you are being optimistic you could interpret it that the SFPL have decided to take action and have taken legal advice on what would happen to a challenge from Sevco which would surely follow.
    Topping gave no indication there one way or the other which way they are going.
    Let's hope they apply their own rules " without fear or favour".
    "We have not gone to a solicitor in Arbroath. We have gone to the finest solicitor in the land"
    What a prick.
    And by the finest solicitor in the land, he will no doubt be referring to some 'weegian.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    "We have not gone to a solicitor in Arbroath. We have gone to the finest solicitor in the land"
    What a prick.
    And by the finest solicitor in the land, he will no doubt be referring to some 'weegian.
    50% of the lawyers in every case lose. If it come to a judicial review I'm pretty sure there will be good lawyers on both sides. Then it will come down to who has the best case.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    50% of the lawyers in every case lose. If it come to a judicial review I'm pretty sure there will be good lawyers on both sides. Then it will come down to who has the best case.
    SFA and SPFL both seem to have adopted the mantra 'justice system says no' as a way of fobbing off demands for the old Thes to be fairly dealt with. I guess the SPFL only said they'd need time to consider the thing to make it look as if they weren't acting in concert with the SFA. Up to fans now, since Turnbull Hutton ain't around no more.