hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1262 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 26276211621212125212601261126212631264127213121362 ... LastLast
Results 37,831 to 37,860 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a very dangerous game to convert capital into income as once it's gone, it's gone.
    Of course it is...I was just trying to find some sense in King's doubletalk.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Needs the banks to keep extending credit. The banks must be believe there is income growth which does not look to be the case. Or King puts in his own minet to make up the gap or raise more from shareholders neither of which is happening.
    AFAIK, they have no bank credit facilities.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Is he a liar or a fantasist, or both?!
    He is the ultimate Wormtongue.

Left by mutual consent!
    I wonder if Holyrood will get involved in all of this ?. When the Hun were initially caught-out, there was a huge argument/debate about their punishment. The GFA on one side (and we all know who's) unbelieveably and brazenly wanted the new-season to kick-off with Rangers still in the SPL. On the polar-opposite side were the fans of all the other clubs, many who wanted the Hun completely wiped from memory (I was one of them). As the 'debate' carried on, the media really only represented the GFA'S/Hun's side with all sorts of warnings/forecasts of doom & gloom, 'Armageddon without Rangers in the game' etc, etc. However, one point was made which I agreed with, if it wasn't sorted out soon, there was a real chance of major unrest.

Regan - 'Without Rangers there is social unrest – there is a big problem for Scottish society'

Of course it's a different argument this time but the outcome is the same - one side will not be happy with the outcome. If the Hun wins, then that means the vast majority of Scottish Football supporters will NOT be happy and that could put a huge question-mark over the future of our game. If the Hun loses, then there is a huge chance of major unrest. Unfortunately, thanks to a mix of what pull the 'Establishment' have left and the authorities fear of trouble in the streets, I think the Hun will win.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Club 1872 statement

Club 1872 Statement on 'Big Tax Case' Verdict

Club 1872 has taken some time to consider the verdict in the ‘Big Tax Case’ (BTC) as we wanted to gauge the immediate reaction of sections of the media, Scottish football clubs, their supporters groups and the Scottish football authorities. That reaction has been, in the main, as hysterical, inaccurate and agenda driven as we expected. It appears there is still a desire in certain quarters for Scottish football to eat itself alive.

Contrary to the line taken by several dishonest media commentators, encouraged predominantly by Peter Lawwell and Celtic Football Club, this result does not mean that Rangers have “broken the law”, “acted illegally”, “cheated” or gained any sporting advantage through the historic use of EBT payments.

The Lord Nimmo Smith tribunal dealt comprehensively with this matter and, as the SFA has correctly reiterated, is final and binding.

Despite this, we remain concerned that the SPFL board may attempt to act on behalf of Celtic in this matter. It is our belief that a small number of other SPFL clubs, including Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, would like to see them do so. We are also aware that historically the SPFL lawyer, Rod McKenzie has taken an extremely hostile attitude towards Rangers Football Club which we do not believe is founded in his legal opinions.

Should it be the case that the SPFL do decide to act for the benefit of Celtic, then the clubs represented on that board should be aware that Club 1872, and we are sure Rangers Football Club and the wider Rangers support, will use every legal means necessary to challenge those who promote, support or facilitate such a course of action.

That will include, but not be limited to, mounting a legal challenge to the SPFL, boycotting publications whose journalists misreport the facts of the matter and demanding SPFL and SFA investigations into any and all dubious actions by those clubs over the period of the last 50 years.

The investigations we will demand specifically involve, but are not limited to, the actions of several boards, individual board members and employees of Celtic Football Club, across a variety of issues which have been in the public domain for many years but never properly addressed by the football authorities.

We will also demand that the football authorities open multiple investigations and examine in public, and in detail, all deals which allowed Scottish football clubs to write off their debts and the fit and proper status of all majority and joint owners of SPFL clubs. We will not be lectured on integrity, sporting or otherwise, by the clubs involved.

The last time there was an attempt to steal our titles, those involved operated in an environment where Rangers and the Rangers support were in a state of turmoil. The focus of our support was in removing various unsavoury characters from within our own club. That will not be the case this time and any clubs, club officials and commentators involved in any such dishonest and self-serving campaign will be met by wide-ranging, robust, legal and economic challenges at every step of the way.

It would be our preference for Scottish football to return to a more normalised condition where sporting endeavour on the pitch is the source of rivalry between clubs. If that is not the wish of the wider Scottish footballing community then they will find us to be extremely committed opponents nonetheless.

54 and counting.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Club 1872 statement

Club 1872 has taken some time to consider the verdict in the ‘Big Tax Case’ (BTC) as we wanted to gauge the immediate reaction of sections of the media, Scottish football clubs, their supporters groups and the Scottish football authorities. That reaction has been, in the main, as hysterical, inaccurate and agenda driven as we expected. It appears there is still a desire in certain quarters for Scottish football to eat itself alive.

Contrary to the line taken by several dishonest media commentators, encouraged predominantly by Peter Lawwell and Celtic Football Club, this result does not mean that Rangers have “broken the law”, “acted illegally”, “cheated” or gained any sporting advantage through the historic use of EBT payments.

The Lord Nimmo Smith tribunal dealt comprehensively with this matter and, as the SFA has correctly reiterated, is final and binding.

Despite this, we remain concerned that the SPFL board may attempt to act on behalf of Celtic in this matter. It is our belief that a small number of other SPFL clubs, including Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, would like to see them do so. We are also aware that historically the SPFL lawyer, Rod McKenzie has taken an extremely hostile attitude towards Rangers Football Club which we do not believe is founded in his legal opinions.

Should it be the case that the SPFL do decide to act for the benefit of Celtic, then the clubs represented on that board should be aware that Club 1872, and we are sure Rangers Football Club and the wider Rangers support, will use every legal means necessary to challenge those who promote, support or facilitate such a course of action.

That will include, but not be limited to, mounting a legal challenge to the SPFL, boycotting publications whose journalists misreport the facts of the matter and demanding SPFL and SFA investigations into any and all dubious actions by those clubs over the period of the last 50 years.

The investigations we will demand specifically involve, but are not limited to, the actions of several boards, individual board members and employees of Celtic Football Club, across a variety of issues which have been in the public domain for many years but never properly addressed by the football authorities.

We will also demand that the football authorities open multiple investigations and examine in public, and in detail, all deals which allowed Scottish football clubs to write off their debts and the fit and proper status of all majority and joint owners of SPFL clubs. We will not be lectured on integrity, sporting or otherwise, by the clubs involved.

The last time there was an attempt to steal our titles, those involved operated in an environment where Rangers and the Rangers support were in a state of turmoil. The focus of our support was in removing various unsavoury characters from within our own club. That will not be the case this time and any clubs, club officials and commentators involved in any such dishonest and self-serving campaign will be met by wide-ranging, robust, legal and economic challenges at every step of the way.

It would be our preference for Scottish football to return to a more normalised condition where sporting endeavour on the pitch is the source of rivalry between clubs. If that is not the wish of the wider Scottish footballing community then they will find us to be extremely committed opponents nonetheless.

54 and counting.

No surrender then, just like when they liquidated themselves to avoid paying the debts.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Club 1872 statement
    Or, to precis, whitaboot the child abuse that BJK aboot?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    For a long time I've been an advocate that Scottish Football needs Celtic and Rangers. 140ish years of footballing tradition says so. I'd imagine anyone who had been lucky enough to to witness Hibs celebrated sides of the early century, the 20s, 40s and 50s might agree. I seen enough of them in the 70s to know where the competition was.

When I read that statement I seriously regret that the Huns were not extinguished. It reads in my head like an Ulster maniac ranting, and one that knows nothing of the football side he is purported to support.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 08-07-2017 at 02:05 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    For a long time I've been an advocate that Scottish Football needs Celtic and Rangers. 140ish years of footballing tradition says so. I'd imagine anyone who had been lucky enough to to witness Hibs celebrated sides of the early century, the 20s, 40s and 50s might agree. I seen enough of them in the 70s to know where the competition was.

When I read that statement I seriously regret that the Huns were not extinguished. It reads in my head like an Ulster maniac ranting, and one that knows nothing of the football side he is purported to support.
    Totally agree

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Club 1872 statement

54 and counting.

What a ridiculous statement. Maybe if they showed even a bit of remorse fans of other clubs might not be so keen to see them hammered. When they went into liquidation, they could've made a statement accepting what they did was wrong and they're grateful for being allowed back into the league. Instead it's been hatred and spiteful statements and threats like this one.
    The sooner they realise the world doesn't revolve around them and that Scottish football can survive without them the better.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    What a ridiculous statement. Maybe if they showed even a bit of remorse fans of other clubs might not be so keen to see them hammered. When they went into liquidation, they could've made a statement accepting what they did was wrong and they're grateful for being allowed back into the league. Instead it's been hatred and spiteful statements and threats like this one.
    The sooner they realise the world doesn't revolve around them and that Scottish football can survive without them the better.
    Agree. There was never a better time to do that, acknowledge what everyone knows, that they are indeed another club, show some grace, move into the 18th century at least......

Scotland's shame.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I wonder if Holyrood will get involved in all of this ?. When the Hun were initially caught-out, there was a huge argument/debate about their punishment. The GFA on one side (and we all know who's) unbelieveably and brazenly wanted the new-season to kick-off with Rangers still in the SPL. On the polar-opposite side were the fans of all the other clubs, many who wanted the Hun completely wiped from memory (I was one of them). As the 'debate' carried on, the media really only represented the GFA'S/Hun's side with all sorts of warnings/forecasts of doom & gloom, 'Armageddon without Rangers in the game' etc, etc. However, one point was made which I agreed with, if it wasn't sorted out soon, there was a real chance of major unrest.

Regan - 'Without Rangers there is social unrest – there is a big problem for Scottish society'

Of course it's a different argument this time but the outcome is the same - one side will not be happy with the outcome. If the Hun wins, then that means the vast majority of Scottish Football supporters will NOT be happy and that could put a huge question-mark over the future of our game. If the Hun loses, then there is a huge chance of major unrest. Unfortunately, thanks to a mix of what pull the 'Establishment' have left and the authorities fear of trouble in the streets, I think the Hun will win.
    I thought you said Hollywood. And then I thought, hey, that's not such a bad idea. A Hollywood movie about the The.

Any casting suggestions for the lead roles?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    I thought you said Hollywood. And then I thought, hey, that's not such a bad idea. A Hollywood movie about the The.

All the cast from the planet of the apes.

Roy Cropper as Dodgy Dave?

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    a winner already

Sir Matt Busby

You could chuck in Davie Dodds and save the make up expense......

I recall reading that Craig Whyte has claimed the film rights to the Rangers take over. So watch this space. It'll be a unique movie bacause it will be the first one where all the participants are baddies.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Club 1872 statement

54 and counting.

Oh yes it does, Huns. Simply saying it doesn't amount to cheating, without explaining why, just isn't going to wash. Explain the unanimous verdict of the Supreme Court. Explain the words of Dave King, when he said defeat in court would mean Rangers had enjoyed an unfair advantage. Explain the side letters and cover up. You address none of these crucial points but simply scream No Surrender.

You cheated, and this isn't going to go away.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Club 1872 statement

54 and counting.

They should just have said We are The People and left it at that.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post

I think we might have more success if Hollywood gets involved. We just need someone to write an entertaining and truthful script about the huns cheating and I know the perfect producers to pitch it to. Just don't let that Phil MacGholaCeltic butcher it.

We also need someone to write a good screenplay about the 114 year cup win and the true history of Irish football teams in Scotland. As a publicity stunt we could change the Hollywood sign into a green Hibbywood.

You can bet there are several groups working on a movie for the Chicago Cubs 109 year win.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Or we don't do walking away?

Except for when we stand by allowing the now defunct Glasgow rangers to voluntarily liquidate to avoid it's debts, obviously.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    They kinda did,,,,

Club 1872 statement

54 and counting.

Planet of the Papes surely? 😉

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Planet of the Papes surely? 😉
    Naw, you cant have the good guys playing the bad guys.

Left by mutual consent!
    Club 1872 statement

54 and counting.

Translated - 'DON'T DO AS WE SAY ? - CIVILISATION PAYS' - You have been warned.

Naw, you cant have the good guys playing the bad guys.
    It worked with Henry Fonda in Once Upon A Time In The West, but in the main I agree.

The late Kenneth More would have been a shoo in for David Murray(another for the oldies).

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The late Kenneth More would have been a shoo in for David Murray(another for the oldies).
    What's his dugs name again?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Murrays dug is called Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    N"........"

aughty name for dusky skinned individual.Bit long winded for a dug.