hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1254 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 25475411541204124412521253125412551256126413041354 ... LastLast
Results 37,591 to 37,620 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of the chairmen and women of Scottish football are pretty cosy though. Yes, Rangers have gone out on a limb over the past few years but there is still probably a working relationship that exists with them. I'd be surprised if there is a natural appetite amongst the the teams other than Celtic to do much.

A quick glance around a few message boards though and it becomes clear that the fans of all clubs feel very strongly about this matter. Fan power brought about a big change 5 years or so ago and it might well do the same again.
    Fans need to put pressure on their clubs to do so, nevermind Celtic, Hibernian have lost out. Champions league revenue for many clubs lost out, how different would the landscape of Scottish football be today?

It's plain to see the SFA have done what they could to help out the dead club and keep everything hush hush and they have been exposed they've put the game in disrepute, we've all been cheated.

For this to never happen again the right thing must be done, I don't want those titles by the way that's not my agenda. I just want it in the history books they cheated us all, and the SFA were complicit by the way heads must role. Hibernian and the rest imo need to make a stand on this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm still worried about the stripping business. I think Hearts lost to the Rangers in a couple of Hampden finals during that time. Did we not lose a league cup to them too? Or was that earlier?

Clearly this is going to have huge repercussions way over and above football clubs,many of whom,like Celtic,have already settled.Next target for HMRC will be individuals who claim self employed status while working for only one "employer" and individuals forming companies to shelter their income and avoid tax and nic while really being employee.s

Hearts never finished 2nd, so no need to worry on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to release an official statement on this issue.

ASAP.

No we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    We need to release an official statement on this issue.

ASAP.
    Might follow suit now... Maybe some were waiting to see who fired first before they made theirs. I don't think clubs will want to piss their fans off with remaining quiet on this issue.

I'd be surprised if any other clubs release a statement on it. Happy to be proved wrong but I think Celtic will have to go it alone on that front.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

We really should be releasing a statement.
    The financial doping in Scottish football has hurt us as much as any club in Scottish football. We shouldn't just shrug our shoulders when we have a chance to send a clear message that it can't happen again.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Belter of a quote on Follow Follow:

'I know that it’s been stated on here that there’s no appetite in the SFA to go down the road of attempting to rob us of titles won squarely and fairly on the field of play, but if the last five years has taught us anything, its that Scotland is a country consumed with hatred'.

A unanimous verdict against them in the highest court in the land, but it's all a conspiracy against The Rangers, who won those trophies 'fairly and squarely'. They are head cases.

interesting comment from a fan of the vile bigoted hun

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We really should be releasing a statement.
    The financial doping in Scottish football has hurt us as much as any club in Scottish football. We shouldn't just shrug our shoulders when we have a chance to send a clear message that it can't happen again.

You could always contact the club via email, might not get a reply but if enough fans make enquiries regarding it who knows...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact?selected=enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    You could always contact the club via email, might not get a reply but if enough fans make enquiries regarding it who knows...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact?selected=enquiry
    Thanks for that Michael, us hibs supporters might never have found that page without you

Quote Originally Posted by livi hibs 1875 View Post
    Thanks for that Michael, us hibs supporters might never have found that page without you

Hey look it was only for the posters on here not good at the whole internet google searching thingy ma bob

[QUOTE=Smartie;5091457][QUOTE=livi hibs 1875;5091439]

This is one of the problems I have with the idea of stripping titles.

I'm reasonably comfortable with the concept of titles being scratched from the record.

But could anyone, anywhere seriously say that any sort of justice had been done if a title was taken from Rangers for financial doping then award to Hearts? Yes, that financially super pumped Hearts side that was created with funds way beyond their means and is probably still being paid for by Lithuanian pensioners.

It was a murky, dark period for Scottish football full stop. There many clubs "at it". Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna......Many clubs lived beyond their means, gained a sporting advantage and paid for it by stiffing small businesses and creditors. How many games during that period were genuinely played on a level playing field? Not many, and Rangers were far from alone in their misdeeds.

There will be clubs like Celtic, Hibs and St Johnstone who should come out of that period with their heads held high and their dignity intact, which in many ways counts for a bit more than a few tainted trophies. Winning a trophy by cheating ain't that great, winning one for coming second irrespective of the circumstances isn't really something to shout about either.

Rather than scratching around trying to re-write the record books from a decade ago, the only priority for me is ensuring that our current set of rules and our current set of people enforcing them stand up to scrutiny. I'm not entirely sure they do.
    Heads held high but with a reduced bank balance because of the Hun cheating. We can take the moral high ground but without punishment they won't give a damn. The EBT's have been shown to be a flawed attempt to boost the earnings of players without paying the appropriate taxes. Would these players have signed on for the Hun for less money? I doubt it and that's why they won their trophies. Players who they wouldn't have attracted without dubious financial practice, including failing to properly register contracts. The whole thing stinks and until there is a reckoning Scottish Football will forever be tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post

Hey look it was only for the posters on here not good at the whole internet google searching thingy ma bob
    And once again thanks for the help

[QUOTE=Geo_1875;5091549][QUOTE=Smartie;5091457]
    Quote Originally Posted by livi hibs 1875 View Post

Heads held high but with a reduced bank balance because of the Hun cheating. We can take the moral high ground but without punishment they won't give a damn. The EBT's have been shown to be a flawed attempt to boost the earnings of players without paying the appropriate taxes. Would these players have signed on for the Hun for less money? I doubt it and that's why they won their trophies. Players who they wouldn't have attracted without dubious financial practice, including failing to properly register contracts. The whole thing stinks and until there is a reckoning Scottish Football will forever be tainted.
    Spot on. SFA would rather sweep this murk under the carpet as it was on their watch and they lack the balls to take Sevco, their "peepul" and their media pals on. The correct result would be to acknowledge the probable outcome of the Hun's financial doping and simply strip them of the titles gained during that whole period a la Lance Armstrong. You don't have to pass the titles to the runners up.

SFA have released a statement but I can't get onto it. Probably high traffic.
    http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...wsCategoryID=1

And they are saying no further action.

What an absolute joke. A team have been found to have dodged tax on £49 million worth of players salaries (players who they clearly would not have been able to afford otherwise) and the SFA say they will take no further action.

That is beyond belief.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    And they are saying no further action.

Exactly. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hearts never finished 2nd, so no need to worry on that front.

They did finish second - but not to the hun.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    What an absolute joke. A team have been found to have dodged tax on £49 million worth of players salaries (players who they clearly would not have been able to afford otherwise) and the SFA say they will take no further action.

That is beyond belief.
    Guilt by association. These turkeys simply can't vote for Xmas by taking retrospective action against the dead club as they run the risk of their own shortcomings (or worse) being exposed.

Scotland's shame.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    SFA say the Huns can get away with it:

Scottish FA statement on Supreme Court ruling
    Wednesday, 05 July 2017

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today’s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Hunbelievable.

Nothing to see here...move along.

By making an immediate decision they may have underestimated the feelings across football. Chief Exec position untenable.

Just award all the titles to Hibs and we'll say no more about it.

The SFA cannot strip the titles.
    It was the SPFL who ran the league so its they who decide what punishment should be handed down surely ?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSo View Post
    The SFA cannot strip the titles.
    It was the SPFL who ran the league so its they who decide what punishment should be handed down surely ?
    Good point. There's still hope for justice!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SFA say the Huns can get away with it:

Scottish FA statement on Supreme Court ruling
    Wednesday, 05 July 2017

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today’s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.
    Whitewash. Corrupt. Morally bankrupt. Biased. Whatever you want to call it Scottish football governance is not fit for purpose and is run purely for the benefit of powerful agendas. Rod Petrie is complicit in this statement and proves how much his 'sporting integrity' statement was utter hypocricy.

Up to the fans now to hold these governing bodies to account but I fear this time the various football Chairmen have theier season ticket money in and will ride out any upsurge in fan outrage.

Scottish football doesn't deserve our hard earned cash. It's a fake competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Whitewash. Corrupt. Morally bankrupt. Biased. Whatever you want to call it Scottish football governance is not fit for purpose and is run purely for the benefit of powerful agendas. Rod Petrie is complicit in this statement and proves how much his 'sporting integrity' statement was utter hypocricy.

Up to the fans now to hold these governing bodies to account but I fear this time the various football Chairmen have theier season ticket money in and will ride out any upsurge in fan outrage.

Scottish football doesn't deserve our hard earned cash. It's a fake competition.
    Sporting integrity was just a slogan for Petrie. When it comes down to it, he won't stand up and be counted.

This is the SPFL board. It's down to them now.
    Peter Lawwell (Celtic) Ann Budge (Hearts) Ian Maxwell (Partick) Leeann Dempster (Hibs) Eric Drysdale (Raith) Ken Ferguson (Brechin