hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1210 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 21071011101160120012081209121012111212122012601310 ... LastLast
Results 36,271 to 36,300 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not known how much the Glasgow side will have to pay for Thursday's hearing. It is thought to be several thousands of pounds.

Only?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    It is not known how much the Glasgow side will have to pay for Thursday's hearing. It is thought to be several thousands of pounds.

Only?
    I'd be surprised if it's not many several thousands of pounds.

Mike Ashley's lawyers were a shambles at that case a couple of years ago.

They were straight out of the legal bargain bucket and can't have cost him much so I'd be surprised if his costs will have been high for this day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Mike Ashley's lawyers were a shambles at that case a couple of years ago.

They were straight out of the legal bargain bucket and can't have cost him much so I'd be surprised if his costs will have been high for this day in court.
    Doesn't mean they can't bill high and quite rightly too.....

@hibs.net private member
    Ashley has just bought Agent Provocateur. Just picture The Tribute Rangers running out looking like a Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute and try not to lose your tea.

Or for a gentler image, Dodgeball with the wrong uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Ashley has just bought Agent Provocateur. Just picture The Tribute Rangers running out looking like a Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute and try not to lose your tea.

Agent Provocateur, at £25m, costs more than Sevco 😎. Boyd could have taken Meatloaf's place in the film...similar physique..
    Last edited by Is It On....; 02-03-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post

Thanks for the mental images.. Cant But Wonder Whatever Will Happen to the People etc of Glasgow when Sports Direct start selling this..

We know there in no end to the stupidity of their supporters, but it seems that their ex-players aren't averse to showing how idiotic they are as well........

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ness-1-4386845

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    We know there in no end to the stupidity of their supporters, but it seems that their ex-players aren't averse to showing how idiotic they are as well........

Balderdash worthy of Terry F@*kwit in Viz, 'I'd lock Walter and Souness in a room until they agreed to come, but they wont come unless there is money to spend, and theres no money to spend, so they wont come, but I'd lock them in a room until they agreed to come, but they wont come unless theres money to spend, so they wont come...blah blah blah for all eternity'

no wonder newspaper sales are falling off a cliff, The Scotsman used to be known as a quality paper..

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Didn't souness sign all them Kaffliks with their EBT'S and other strange ways which caused all this mess in the first place?

They really are f***wits.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The comments are comedy gold

Left by mutual consent!

Stupor-Sally - '.. but we needed investment 2 or 3 years ago and we need investment now'

The 'Cheeky-Chappie' once again proving you couldn't mark his neck with a blow-torch - maybe there wasn't enough of the £50m left after he initially refused to take a pay-cut from his horrendously over-paid (alleged £750,000 salary which, again, allegedly, contained increments to raise it even higher !!).................. then was publicly shamed into taking a pay-cut ....................... which 6 months was revealed he STILL hadn't taken the pay-cut because, according to him - 'it's proving difficult arranging for my people and their people to get together as both are very busy' !

If only cheating was still allowed .............................

but we needed investment two or three years ago and we need investment now.
    Last edited by Deansy; 08-03-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Balderdash worthy of Terry F@*kwit in Viz, 'I'd lock Walter and Souness in a room until they agreed to come, but they wont come unless there is money to spend, and theres no money to spend, so they wont come, but I'd lock them in a room until they agreed to come, but they wont come unless theres money to spend, so they wont come...blah blah blah for all eternity'

no wonder newspaper sales are falling off a cliff, The Scotsman used to be known as a quality paper..
    So basically he's proposing locking Walter Smith and Graeme Souness in a room and leaving them there?

Not that bad an idea really but I don't know how it's going to help The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    So basically he's proposing locking Walter Smith and Graeme Souness in a room and leaving them there?

Not that bad an idea really but I don't know how it's going to help The Rangers.
    If the years 2012 to 2014 taught us anything it was that tactics, strategy and joined up thinking aren't talents that Mr McCoist can make any reasonable claim to possess.

Left by mutual consent!
    Over on hun-media, there's a new poll -

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...itles-tainted/

'Are the taigs titles tainted?'

Words fail and all that !!

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post

I only got about 6 posts down and had to stop reading.....

Left by mutual consent!

Zombies are expert on tainted titles. They claim 55 won by a defunct club, 6 of them with illegal EBT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I only got about 6 posts down and had to stop reading.....
    Indeed. Some hunbelievably twisted language on that thread. I guess that's endemic of the whole site though.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    "54 titles won,without the help of the SFA.."....🤔...Oh, ffs......

Tainted titles are when the title winning team cheats - say by spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors - rather than when the principle rivals of that team run their club so badly and dishonestly - say by spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors - that it goes out of existence and they have to start a new club at the bottom of the league structure.

It's almost as though there's some kind of connection between spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors and the plight of (the) Rangers......if only I could put my finger on it......

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Tainted titles are when the title winning team cheats - say by spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors - rather than when the principle rivals of that team run their club so badly and dishonestly - say by spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors - that it goes out of existence and they have to start a new club at the bottom of the league structure.

It's almost as though there's some kind of connection between spending money they don't have and stiffing the taxman / creditors and the plight of (the) Rangers......if only I could put my finger on it......

Sounds like a certain other club a little closer to home...

I wonder how the notoriously progressive and liberal Rangers fans will react when they find out that their new manager has what they would call a non-traditional sexuality?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Sounds like a certain other club a little closer to home...
    On that subject there appears to be an error on Wikipedia that we should correct for those of a Gorgie persuasion:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rmance_by_club

Looking at the second row it incorrectly lists Rangers last Scottish Cup defeat as 2016 when it was in fact in 1998 against Hearts......

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    I wonder how the notoriously progressive and liberal Rangers fans will react when they find out that their new manager has what they would call a non-traditional sexuality?

They're so progressive it doesn't even come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see if I've got this straight (excuse the pun), The Rangers new manager is a Gay Roman Catholic?

Shouldn't be a problem for fans of The Rangers, surely?

So I hear. Shouldn't be a problem for them though, surely.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Is that true? Not that it should matter one iota. if this is the case, it's a step forward in football.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Zombies are expert on tainted titles. They claim 55 won by a defunct club, 6 of them with illegal EBT's.
    ONLY SIX - 6 ??. Maybe, the courts only found 6 but I think we all know that there was far more than THAT !!. Who knows how long Murray was 'at it' during his time at 'Greyskull' - also take into account all of their paperwork they claim was 'lost/mislaid' for the previous years and it's almost impossible that a true figure of their cheasting will ever be known. My view is that as Murray was in charge for aproximately 30 years - they cheated for 30 years !

On a separate note but still on the Hun cheating - isn't there a final case/appeal coming up, iirc, one they appealed against but is likely to fail ?. And if the verdict is upheld the GFA will have no option but to strip THEIR 'Tainted Titles' from them ?. There's been so many cases since they were caught it's so easy to lose track !

ONLY SIX - 6 ??. Maybe, the courts only found 6 but I think we all know that there was far more than THAT !!. Who knows how long Murray was 'at it' during his time at 'Greyskull' - also take into account all of their paperwork they claim was 'lost/mislaid' for the previous years and it's almost impossible that a true figure of their cheasting will ever be known. My view is that as Murray was in charge for aproximately 30 years - they cheated for 30 years !

On a separate note but still on the Hun cheating - isn't there a final case/appeal coming up, iirc, one they appealed against but is likely to fail ?. And if the verdict is upheld the GFA will have no option but to strip THEIR 'Tainted Titles' from them ?. There's been so many cases since they were caught it's so easy to lose track !
    Supreme Court case next week. Verdict later in the year.
    It's then that we will see the mettle of the clubs, our own included if HMRC win the case. These titles should be stripped and LNS set aside. It will be an established fact that they used an illegal tax scheme to secure sporting advantage. Only the weakness of the other clubs will stop them being held to account.
    After that, with a bit of luck, the Sevconians might indulge in a bit of whataboutery regarding Hearts opaque loan system and that may be revisited in an attempt to spread the blame.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Supreme Court case next week. Verdict later in the year.
    It's then that we will see the mettle of the clubs, our own included if HMRC win the case. These titles should be stripped and LNS set aside. It will be an established fact that they used an illegal tax scheme to secure sporting advantage. Only the weakness of the other clubs will stop them being held to account.
    After that, with a bit of luck, the Sevconians might indulge in a bit of whataboutery regarding Hearts opaque loan system and that may be revisited in an attempt to spread the blame.

LNS adjudged the EBT tax avoidance scheme legal and no sporting advantage. That will be rendered null and void should HMRC prevail. We could have two hats Rod as SFA President when the verdict is rendered, so far been a pretty good enabler for the Sevco Franchise. Integrity is beyond purchase though, eh Rod?